Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11642764 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10185) (10186) (10187) (10188) (10189) (10190) (10191) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
How did Semedo get so bad?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
jihday:
It's not, there are exceptions. Dele Alli joined Tottenham from a league 1 side and immediately became a starter. Some players are that good

SO the 3 lions call him up when he was in League one with MK DON?

answer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Amedino99:

with 23 goals he is 4th on the golden boot ranking although I don't know why transfermarkt has refused to update his stats sha
hmm, make I'm score reach 35 abeg, he will end in top three. I don't think any Nigerian has gotten this award before.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sean Dyche has kept Burnley in the premier league for years by sheer will power

Burnley has no right whatsoever to be a premier league team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
maidaboi:
FIFA has cleared the following to play for Nigeria:

Ademola Lookman (Fulham)
Tosin Adaragioyo (Fulham)
Nathan Tella (Southampton)
Ovie Ejaria (Reading)
Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff City)
Noni Madueke (PSV Eindhoven)
Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha SC)
Ike Ugbo (Cercle Brugge

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=303074&view=unread#unread

How I wish this to be true

If this is true it is somewhat DISSAPOINTING but not TOTALLY.

Selection to the SE has to be for the most outstanding consistent top players of Nigerian origin in thier club and league.

UNDOUBTEDLY without question Ademola, Tosin and Ovie bring immediate top quality to the team and could easily cancel out any existing players in those positions.

However, l really do not know what Seyi is doing there, for me he has not been outstanding, Jordan Torunarigha according to Whoscored has only played 6 games all season, sorry not good enough.

Nathan Tella is the same done nothing of substance 6 games or so in the EPL. Sorry not good enough.

Noni Madueke has not played regularly enough to be outstanding as well ,he couldn't cut it at Tottenham youth level and went not to another EPL or Championship club but the Eredivisie.

Ike Ugbo was anonymous to be kind in three clubs he played at two in English league one, 15 games and one goal is poor. However, he is young and may have improved, l really do not know ❓

But in the HERE and NOW he has done better than what Osimhen did in Belgium league 21 games 11 goals this season so far. In this regard I can be justified.

I expected the NFF to have done more not just look at prospective future talents but proven established and proven top quality players like Tosin, Ademola and Ovie and to a lesser extent lke Ugbo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Paul Onuachu has scored more goals for his club this season than Erling Haaland.

GOAL MACHINE !!
mbiase Lewandowski grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Official : Hammarby Loan In Four Nigerian Teenagers Including Ex-Golden Eaglet Olaniyan Published: January 27, 2021 Swedish Allsvenskan side Hammarby have completed the signings of four Nigerian teenagers on a six-month loan. They are forward Miekam Womene Zuokemefa, offensive midfielder Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, central midfielder Oluwatobi Samson Abimbola and winger David Akpan Ankeye - all 18 years old. Olaniyan was a key member of the Golden Eaglets squad to the 2019 Africa U17 Cup of Nations, starting all the five matches during the tournament held in Tanzania, but missed out on the roster to the World Cup in Brazil. Providing a lowdown on the Nigerian quartet, Hammarby Head of Scouting, Mikael Hjelmberg told the club's official website : "Womene is a well-grown, smart forward with an impressive movement pattern. He comes from Aweskim Academy together with Oluwatobi who is an inner midfielder with great work capacity and is a real attitude player. "Olatomi, known as Agüero, is an offensive midfielder who was Amoo's teammate in the Nigerian U17 national team. "He has a low center of gravity and is very skilled in playing. He comes from Sido Academy, the same academy as Amoo, together with Akpan. "The latter two players were largely ready for a larger European club, but chose to come to us instead, and that says a lot about the reputation we have built up". The four promising Nigerian teenagers will initially train with Hammarby's cooperation club IK Frej to get acquainted with the new football environment .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Official : Hammarby Loan In Four Nigerian Teenagers Including Ex-Golden Eaglet Olaniyan Published: January 27, 2021

Swedish Allsvenskan side Hammarby have completed the signings of four Nigerian teenagers on a six-month loan. They are forward Miekam Womene Zuokemefa, offensive midfielder Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, central midfielder Oluwatobi Samson Abimbola and winger David Akpan Ankeye - all 18 years old.
Olaniyan was a key member of the Golden Eaglets squad to the 2019 Africa U17 Cup of Nations, starting all the five matches during the tournament held in Tanzania, but missed out on the roster to the World Cup in Brazil. Providing a lowdown on the Nigerian quartet, Hammarby Head of Scouting, Mikael Hjelmberg told the club's official website : "Womene is a well-grown, smart forward with an impressive movement pattern. He comes from Aweskim Academy together with Oluwatobi who is an inner midfielder with great work capacity and is a real attitude player.

"Olatomi, known as Agüero, is an offensive midfielder who was Amoo's teammate in the Nigerian U17 national team. "He has a low center of gravity and is very skilled in playing. He comes from Sido Academy, the same academy as Amoo, together with Akpan. "The latter two players were largely ready for a larger European club, but chose to come to us instead, and that says a lot about the reputation we have built up".

The four promising Nigerian teenagers will initially train with Hammarby's cooperation club IK Frej to get acquainted with the new football environment .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
lloydtruth:

It's definitely not a drill or fluke. We better give the guy the support he needs to start banging the goals in the GWG jersey.

When you invite a players like Onuachu you must play to his strength and adapt the style accordingly.

Unfortunately when it comes to crossing the ball a very basic skill set our players fail at this woefully.

Them we then start condemning him that he is not good enough for the SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
Subzero047:
Sean Dyche has kept Burnley in the premier league for years by sheer will power

Burnley has no right whatsoever to be a premier league team

I know Burnley very very very well.

This is the quintessential English kick and rush, blood and guts football team. And Dyche is slave driver literally. And if you are black you will not survive there.

Will NEVER advise any black player to go there.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
komekn:

If this is true it is somewhat DISSAPOINTING but not TOTALLY.

Selection to the SE has to be for the most outstanding consistent top players of Nigerian origin in thier club and league.

UNDOUBTEDLY without question Ademola, Tosin and Ovie bring immediate top quality to the team and could easily cancel out any existing players in those positions.

However, l really do not know what Seyi is doing there, for me he has not been outstanding, Jordan Torunarigha according to Whoscored has only played 6 games all season, sorry not good enough.

Nathan Tella is the same done nothing of substance 6 games or so in the EPL. Sorry not good enough.

Noni Madueke has not played regularly enough to be outstanding as well ,he couldn't cut it at Tottenham youth level and went not to another EPL or Championship club but the Eredivisie.

Ike Ugbo was anonymous to be kind in three clubs he played at two in English league one, 15 games and one goal is poor. However, he is young and may have improved, l really do not know ❓

But in the HERE and NOW he has done better than what Osimhen did in Belgium league 21 games 11 goals this season so far. In this regard I can be justified.

I expected the NFF to have done more not just look at prospective future talents but proven established and proven top quality players like Tosin, Ademola and Ovie and to a lesser extent lke Ugbo.

They weren't invited bro, they were just cleared.

If time is not taken, they might not even be invited for the match games. De cool temper small small

Concerning the bold, they were cleared too.

Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
Super Eagles Official Dismisses Reports FIFA Has Cleared Liverpool, Chelsea, Fulham, Southampton Stars To Play For Nigeria Published: January 27, 2021

Super Eagles chief scout Tunde Adelakun has moved quickly to dismiss reports in the local press that football's governing body, FIFA has given clearance to six players with dual nationality to switch allegiance to the Nigeria Football Federation.
It was erroneously claimed that Fulham pair Ademola Lookman and Tosin Adarabioyo, Liverpool-owned winger Sheyi Ojo, Chelsea loanee Ike Ugbo, Southampton young star Nathan Tella, PSV's Nonso Madueke, Reading midfielder Ovie Ejaria and Hertha Berlin's Jordan Torunarigha applied for a one-time change of association, with FIFA approving six. Lookman, Ejaria and Ugbo have all requested to switch nationality after representing England youth teams but FIFA has not yet approved the one-time switch, while former Arsenal trainee Tella, a player of interest to manager Gernot Rohr, is able to play for the Super Eagles straightaway as he no caps for his country of birth, England.

When asked to confirm whether FIFA had cleared the aforementioned players, Adelakun told allnigeriasoccer.com : "I can categorically tell you that it is not true, wherever that news came from it is false, it is not true at all, it is fake . "Everything that you read in the report is not true, it didn't come from us. I have seen all the names this morning and none of it is true - the whole piece - as it is false. "I'm not going to pick individual names but the story in its entirety is false".

Lookman, Ojo and Ejaria were members of the England squad that won the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2017.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
komekn:

I know Burnley very very very well.

This is the quintessential English kick and rush, blood and guts football team. And Dyche is slave driver literally. And if you are black you will not survive there.

Will NEVER advise any black player to go there.

Hmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ndidi starts for Leicester, Iwobi on the bench for Everton

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
maidaboi:
FIFA has cleared the following to play for Nigeria:

Ademola Lookman (Fulham)
Tosin Adaragioyo (Fulham)
Nathan Tella (Southampton)
Ovie Ejaria (Reading)
Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff City)
Noni Madueke (PSV Eindhoven)
Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha SC)
Ike Ugbo (Cercle Brugge

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=303074&view=unread#unread

How I wish this to be true

See as you Dey happy for yeye players

The only players that you should be happy about is lookman and adarabioyo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
maidaboi:
Rohr will follow his cousin Lampard if he refuses to use all these talent well...

This got me laughing
Copied from twitter

When I Dey say Lampard bias e just be like say I hate anything English grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
andrewbaba44:

See as you Dey happy for yeye players

The only players that you should be happy about is lookman and adarabioyo

Even with Lookman and Adarabioyo, I'm not excited at all..
It won't matter how many good players we call up as long as Rohr doesn't step up his game...
He might invite Lookman now and still start Musa..
We have been in this rebuilding phase for too long and I don't see how far we can go if we eventually qualify for Qatar 2022..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Danielnino00:

Even with Lookman and Adarabioyo, I'm not excited at all..
It won't matter how many good players we call up as long as Rohr doesn't step up his game...
He might invite Lookman now and still start Musa..
We have been in this rebuilding phase for too long and I don't see how far we can go if we eventually qualify for Qatar 2022..

cheesy cheesy

I forget rohr is still the coach

Abeg that man too clueless grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
andrewbaba44:

This guy go score reach 30 goals ooo

23 matches and 23 goals

At this pace he will score at least 35.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
That boy Obinna Nwobodo has been doing a little bit of everything for his new club.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
Subzero047:
How did Semedo get so bad?
He was never good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
Arabiandude:

He was never good

He has so much regressed nowadays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ramsdale confirming his position as the worst keeper in the premier league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ndidi injured shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Subzero047:

He has so much regressed nowadays
See my guy, I have never seen anything good about semedo, mostly when he was at Barca.
When attacking, nothing comes out from it, no assist nor goals, when defending, he was totally useless, so there was really nothing he was good at and contributed to that Barca team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ndidi subbed out injured. hope it's not too serious

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
I really and sincerely wish to see terem Moffi excel.
He is a striker that would bring a Lukaku to the SE attack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
Arabiandude:

See my guy, I have never seen anything good about semedo, mostly when he was at Barca.
When attacking, nothing comes out from it, no assist nor goals, when defending, he was totally useless, so there was really nothing he was good at and contributed to that Barca team

He always had speed and can drive at defenders, now he can't even trap the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
Moffi scores

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Subzero047:

He always had speed and can drive at defenders, now he can't even trap the ball
What was always his final outcomes of him running like bolt and diving at defenders like Di Maria when none leads to assist or goals? Trent Arnold nor be him mate?
I am not surprised that he can't trap now, it was his fellow team mates at Barca that brought the little attributes he had in him when playing for Barca.
I still can't imagine when Bartomeu got such players from...just look at trincao, nothing to write home about also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
Aribo with an assist

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Warripikine: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
Has ronaldo iheanacho retired?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10185) (10186) (10187) (10188) (10189) (10190) (10191) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordofstrings, jihday(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.