Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,321 members, 7,864,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11953063 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10194) (10195) (10196) (10197) (10198) (10199) (10200) ... (16370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good to see you too My Good Man, Nnachi. And forgive my Sabbatical. It comes when it comes. Lol

It's good to see other members of the gang showing up. Like I said... This 2021.... We getting the gang back together. grin

solonnachi:

Nna men. The SuperNerd already delivering juicy stories.
WELCOME BACK.
This your sabbatical too long...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sometimes, when your head isn't right in a place, it can affect things. I don't know the full story of his Monaco misadventure but I'm just glad he's back to a place where he got his head right and is back in scoring action.

elunico:

He has never been a bad player. I wonder what his problem at Monaco was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Weekly Update on the Naija players in action every weekend and every other matchday will return as from next week. So bear with me abeg.

Meanwhile, the first Nigerian in action today will be Jamilu Collins in the Bundesliga 2.

He starts for Paderborn in their clash against Hamburg.
Chima Okoroji, also a LB, starts from the bench.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Weekly Update on the Naija players in action every weekend and every other matchday will return as from next week. So bear with me abeg.

Meanwhile, the first Nigerian in action today will be Jamilu Collins in the Bundesliga 2.

thank You
I have missed those weekly update
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good work boy. The pages can develop healthily with a lot to read

TheSuperNerd:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
maidaboi:
which friendly are they planning

Sorry I mean the qualifiers there might be a friendly coming up too but it still under 50 50
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Not really have known all these since last year actually it not a big surprise out of those 8 players no fewer than 5 will be integrated to the team
The wing role has been a source of concern for the crew due to the inconsistency of the kalu,moses et al so the plan is to bring lookman and tella to the team and noni as a competitor for iwobi and ejaria is also in rohr's plan
There are also other players both known and unknown in the contention for the friendly.

I like where our team is heading to but really hope they will all be utilized fully , I seem to have lost some confidence in rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
mkrest:

I like where our team is heading to but really hope they will all be utilized fully , I seem to have lost some confidence in rohr

The team will come back big and better everyone has been working so hard especially the scouting network and also the coaching crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Sometimes, when your head isn't right in a place, it can affect things. I don't know the full story of his Monaco misadventure but I'm just glad he's back to a place where he got his head right and is back in scoring action.

That's it! Just as we're glad to have you back here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Iwobi starts for Everton

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Bro..an argument ensued abt rohrs position during ur short sabbatical leave in dis thread cool

I would like to hear ur "honest opinion" abt rohrs job..do u think he's still d right man to lead us to d promise land(I.e winning afcon 2022 and reaching @ least q/finals of Qatar 2022 world cup?) cool...ur "honest opinion" ? smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
Some Other games today to look forward to involving our Naija Players both from the start and the bench

✔️EPL.

Semi Ajayi (West Brom) vs Lookman, Aina, Tosin (Fulham)

Alex Iwobi (Everton) vs Newcastle - Home game.

Nathan Tella (Southampton) vs Aston Villa - Home game.

*Ebere Eze (Crystal Palace) vs Wolves - Home game.

✔️Bundesliga.

Taiwo Awoniyi (FC Union Berlin) vs Borussia Mochengladbach - Home game.

Felix Agu (Werder Bremen) vs Schalke 04 - Home game.

✔️EFL Championship.

Mikel John Obi (Stoke) vs Huddersfield - Away game.

Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff) vs Millwall - Home game.

Fred Onyedinma, Adebayo Akinfenwa (Wycombe) vs Brentford - Away game.

Chuba Akpom (Middlesborough) vs Norwich City - Away game.

Sammy Ameobi (Nottingham Forest) vs Victor Adeboyejo (Barnsley)

Michael Ihiekwe, Freddie Ladapo, Chiedozie Ogbene (Rotherham Utd) vs Swansea

Dominic Iorfa Jr, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Osaze Urhoghide, Moses Odubajo (Sheffield Wednesday) vs Preston North End - Home game.

✔️La Liga 2 (Segunda).

Sadiq Umar (Almeria) vs CD Castellon

✔️Cypriot Prothatlima Cyta

Francis Uzoho, GK (APOEL) vs Apollon Nicosia - Away game.

✔️Belgian Jupiler Pro

Ebere Paul Onuachu (KRC Genk) vs KV Mechelen - Away game.

✔️Portuguese LIGA NOS

Ibrahim "Muazzam" Abdullahi (CD Nacional) vs Famalicao - Home game.

Chidozie Awaziem (Boavista) vs Portimonense - Away game.

✔️South African PSL

Daniel Akpeyi, GK (Kaizer Chiefs) vs Orlando Pirates - Away game. Soweto Derby special

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
elyte89:

Bro..an argument ensued abt rohrs position during ur short sabbatical leave in dis thread cool

I would like to hear ur "honest opinion" abt rohrs job..do u think he's still d right man to lead us to d promise land(I.e winning afcon 2022 and reaching @ least q/finals of Qatar 2022 world cup?) cool...ur "honest opinion" ? smiley

I will speak on this a bit more clearly after the March games. So until then..... Chill Papa Haaland. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Just dropped a small version of it for today. Will repeat same tomorrow. Still got some stuffs to take off my schedule plate.

But from next weekend, it returns in full force. Every nook and cranny of the globe touched.

You are welcome. wink

maidaboi:
thank You
I have missed those weekly update

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Michael Olise is such a baller

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
Lol.... This man. grin

elunico:

That's it! Just as we're glad to have you back here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
A real young baller with huge potentials. Currently in the Top 10 for most chances created in the EFL. Top 15 for Most Big Chances created. Top 15 for Most Key passes. And Joint assists-leader in the EFL.

He's good. Getting him to choose us is another thing. Time will tell on that. But thanks goodness we getting Ejaria at least. That's another Fine Baller.

Subzero047:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Stats-check

Ovie Ejaria leads the EFL for most successful Dribbles. He's on 3.0 per game.

Second is Bright Osayi Samuel who just left for Fenerbache on 2.8 per game.

Third is Ismaila Sarr on 2.2 per game.

Also, Ejaria and Olise are tied on Most Big Chances created in the EFL with 5. Liverpool's loaner at Blackburn leads the way with 9.

Olise is Joints-assists leader in the EFL with 8 but Ejaria isn't far behind. He's on 5 assists.

Ejaria is among the lads that will be wrapping up their switch to the Super Eagles soonest. He will undoubtedly add creativity to the side. One to keep an eye on.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

The team will come back big and better everyone has been working so hard especially the scouting network and also the coaching crew

Please can Rabiu Mohammed Ali and Rabiu Mohammed be given a chance, the two of them are mercurial midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Subzero047:
too bad we are loosing him to France
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
A real young baller with huge potentials. Currently in the Top 10 for most chances created in the EFL. Top 15 for Most Big Chances created. Top 15 for Most Key passes. And Joint assists-leader in the EFL.

He's good. Getting him to choose us is another thing. Time will tell on that. But thanks goodness we getting Ejaria at least. That's another Fine Baller.

Is there no way of stealing him from the grab of France?

Happy new year, and welcome back Doc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
I heard someone asking about Chriskels here,
When the EBF crooner return ehn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Update

Nigerian U-23 international, Godfrey Stephen Bitok, LB secures move from Belarusian side, FK Isloch Minsk to Polish Topflight side, Jagellonia in the Polish Ekstraklasa.
U-23 grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
Marcus Ayomide Abraham scored again today for Feirense in the Portuguese Segunda Liga. His goal helped his side secure a 1-0 win away at Chaves.

His team is now up to Second spot on the table.

His stats read 7 goals in 10 games (5 starts).

His 5th goal in his last 6 games for Feirense.

In form!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Neobulletzz:

U-23 grin grin

Lol... Nice to see you too Chelsea's Bullet man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Iwobi is very frustrating to watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
And I have Calvert Lewin in my FPL cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... Nice to see you too Chelsea's Bullet man.
Lol grin

Welcome back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Subzero047:
And I have Calvert Lewin in my FPL cry

You think say everyday na Xmas abi, oya shift make ah laff small
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
do4luv14:

You think say everyday na Xmas abi, oya shift make ah laff small

E go reach everybody grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Subzero047:

E go reach everybody grin

Lolzzz no be lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by orriyomi33(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
This was what Henry Onyekuru said on his career Everton move in an interview with BBC sport Africa.

Nigeria's Henry Onyekuru admits signing for Everton was something of a risk but insists he has no regrets about the move as he looks for a move away from his current club AS Monaco in France.
The 23-year-old joined the English Premier League side in 2017 but failed to make a competitive appearance for the club.
He arrived at Everton from Belgian club KAS Eupen on the back of a 22-goal season, but was immediately sent on loan to Anderlecht.
That was followed by another loan this time to Turkish side Galatasaray before sealing a permanent move to French club AS Monaco in 2019.
"The first dream is to play in the Premier League, it may not have worked out at Everton but I have no regrets about it," Onyekuru told BBC Africa Sport.
"When I received offers from top clubs in England I knew back then that I needed a work permit to play.
"That it didn't happen then has nothing to do with my talent but red tape that's beyond my control."

No Arsenal, no problem
Onyekuru revealed he was keen on a move to his boyhood club Arsenal, but aware he faced a familiar huddle - work permit issues- he opted to fulfil his Champions League ambition instead at Anderlecht through Everton.
"I really wanted to go to Arsenal because I spoke to some people there as I was very young then," he explained.
"It was obvious that I was not going to play without a UK work permit. So I went to Everton and played in the Champions League through a loan move to Anderlecht.
"It was important for me to get more playing time and experience that I had hoped would help boost my chances of earning the permit.
"I can't say I regretted this because I got to play against Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich in the Uefa Champions League, this doesn't happen to everyone."
The winger's form at Anderlecht led to a call up to the Nigeria team in 2017 by coach Gernot Rohr and he looked set to be part of the Super Eagles team at the 2018 World Cup.
Injury setback
Playing in Russia would have boosted his chances of securing his permit to work in the United Kingdom and play for Everton.
However the knee injury he suffered while on loan at Anderlecht meant he was unable to prove his fitness in time for the World Cup and ultimately meant he did not make the required appearances for a UK work permit.
"You can't question certain things in life, playing at the World Cup was not meant to be," he insisted.
"If that had happened, maybe I could've ended up playing in the Premier League but we will never know."
Instead after the World Cup he was loaned out again this time to Turkish giants Galatasaray where his 16 goals and six assists helped the club to domestic double.

Egyptian disappointment.
Nigeria's Henry Onyekuru (right) battles with Algeria' Ramy Bensebaini at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
His success and performance in Turkey earned him a spot in his country's final squad for a major tournament at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Onyekuru's solitary appearance came as a late substitute in the semi-final defeat to Algeria, an experience which left him somewhat disappointed.
"The tournament left a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth because we finished third in my first competition with Nigeria," he admitted.
"I was a little bit disappointed because I was in good form, I had just won the league and cup double in Turkey but the coach [Gernot Rohr] had a choice to make.
"Nigeria has several talented players and I understand I will have to continue to fight for a place.
"I just decided to go back to proving myself all over again at my club."
Tough going
If the plan was to win over legions of doubting Thomases , via the French Ligue 1, it clearly has not worked out.
He has managed just four appearances for Monaco this season, with the last coming as a late substitute in the 2-1 away defeat to Rennes in September.
Desperate to establish himself at club and international level, Onyekuru is aware of what he needs to do.
"I think it was sudden and I had no idea about the move," he added.
"It was all decided between both clubs in two days and I had to rush down to Monaco to complete the transfer.
"Unfortunately I didn't get much playing time. I think there's more to it.
"I am not someone to make excuses about life or football, but I think the manager has a different plan and I am probably not in that plan.
"I'll definitely be leaving in January for football reasons, so I can return to the form I need to be in."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/55529830

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10194) (10195) (10196) (10197) (10198) (10199) (10200) ... (16370) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tikristinimi21, CornOak(m), TheGoodJoe(m), jihday(m), joxxy01(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.