Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972369 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10341) (10342) (10343) (10344) (10345) (10346) (10347) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
DrKlever:
you dun come again with your conspiracy theories angry

It is common sense. Olayinka should be one of the first names on the list. This is a guy that has done everything he can possibly do to make the team and he is still getting ignored.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

It is common sense. Olayinka should be one of the first names on the list. This is a guy that has done everything he can possibly do to make the team and he is still getting ignored.

Ahead of onyekuru tho?? You're bugging my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
chucs:
Rohr is very rigid and prepredictable so I wont be surprised if such happens.

You just had to double up the "Pre" to emphasize his predictability. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
Subzero047:

It seems somebody is intent on getting him to 100 games

This wouldn't be far away from the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChrisKels:

You don't know how much I hate to be reminded that this man is the coach of the super eagles. He is the reason I'm rapidly losing interest in the super eagles angry

No ooo! We should be forever grateful for his qualifying us for the Afcon and the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Rohr is already saying that "Benin hasn't lost at home in years" indirectly using an excuse assuming we don't win. This is one of my biggest issues with him. Always being pessimistic or conservative. Yes, everyone should be duly respected but when you keep downplaying yourself, don't be surprised if you don't win.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
Super Eagles' Camp Update

From training earlier today...

1. Semi Ajayi defending against Paul Onuachu. Battle of Giants.

2. Ola Aina vs Henry Onyekuru.

3. Musa, Awaziem, Onuachu. Guess Musa is indicating "diving"? Lol

4. Ola Aina and others.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Ighalo wasn't better than Nacho at the WC. Your agenda stinks so much that you had to lie about the first goal vs Iceland. Etebo passed to Moses?? Etebo that was near the left side of the opponent box for our counter when Moses crossed the ball that Musa Intercepted and slotted past Haldorsson intelligently?? How in the world did Etebo send Moses a pass I pray thee?? Christ!!!

Musa won the ball off an Iceland set-piece(corner I believed) which landed near mid-field in our own half and set off on the run after seeing the ball fall kindly to Iheanacho. Iheanacho took few touches and found Moses sending Moses on his way to go deliver the assist for Musa. So what are you saying?
Tell me just how insignificant that was!!

In same game, Iheanacho took a few corners one of which saw Balogun come close to scoring from. His staying high up the pitch with Musa against a Compact Iceland eventually paid off and caused Iceland's loss. The first goal was because Iceland threw about seven men forward for their set-piece and we hit them on the counter thanks to Musa's resilience in the air and follow-up sprint up the pitch and Iheanacho's pass to Moses.

Meanwhile, Iggy vs Croatia was all round piss poor. One insignificant shot on target doesn't change that fact.

He was benched and rightly so and Nacho paired with Musa in a 3-5-2. That yielded result. Nacho laid on the pass to Moses that led to the assist for the goal. Funny how you somehow dragged Etebo into this. Kaaiii. Etebo that was waiting for pass.

Also against Argentina, Rohr confirmed Nacho was playing with a knock (despite having Ighalo on the bench) which saw him drop his own disasterclass even before the Argentines kungfu kicked him outta the game. Then Ighalo came in and dropped more disasterclass by missing sitters. Yet Ighalo had a better WC?? Na wa.

Bia Jide... I know everyone's stance on this thread concerning most of our players and I have long known about yours on Nacho. I know you don't really rate the lad. Only thing is that you don't take it as far as Komekn or especially Curtis here who made it his daily mission to even insult the lad and label him as one who will never make it.

So ehmmm.. I suggest you refresh your WC 2018 memories. Coz it looks really messed up for you to even mention the Etebo to Moses pass.

Also check this out:

Ighalo at WC 2018: 1 chance created (1 key pass).

Iheanacho at WC 2018: 5 chances created (5 key passes). 1 vs Argentina even though he had a poor game. 1 vs Croatia after replacing a poor Iggy and 3 against Iceland where he had a very decent game.

Iheanacho had one good game at the WC. One decent sub role vs Croatia and a poor game vs Argentina thanks to a knock.

Ighalo had Zero good games at the Entire WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIk9avLQSds

You're welcome for the correction by the way. wink

Thanks for the correction, thought it was Etebo, and we don't have to view things from the same lens so I'll take Ighalo over Nacho at the world cup. Yes I don't rate a player who hasn't done much and rightly so until you start performing consistently, but I don't hate him or have anything against him so I'm not pushing agenda the way you are going about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Somebody removes our best defender from a club competition and the coach acts like he doesn't know he exists. It isn't right

Who is that our best defender? I don’t think Rohr is in charge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
12large1:

Yes! Ahead of Onyekuru though I prefer both in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
Okay oooo. But even stats sites like Sofascore disagree with you and agree with me on who was better between them at the WC. But still, your preference is your preference. Moving on.

jihday:
Thanks for the correction, thought it was Etebo, and we don't have to view things from the same lens so I'll take Ighalo over Nacho at the world cup. Yes I don't rate a player who hasn't done much and rightly so until you start performing consistently, but I don't hate him or have anything against him so I'm not pushing agenda the way you are going about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
12large1:

Where did u read Onyekuru in that statement? I am saying he should have been on the main list and u are mentioning someone on standby. I didn't even speak in the direction of who should be dropped.

Rohr places emphasis on playing competitions like champions league and Europa, so why is he ignoring a player who has thrived in both. Forgiveness asked a legitimate question.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Who is that our best defender? I don’t think Rohr is in charge.

Leon Balogun of course. Rohr is supposed to run the team through that technical staff. Those guys should equally be held accountable.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:04am On Mar 24, 2021
Subzero047:
I rewatched the Napoli game, I made 2 observations

1) The Italian players are targeting Osimhen, they know he is short tempered Mancini kept kicking at him all game yet Osimhen was the one that ended up with the yellow card

2) Koulibaly is world class, probably the best defender in the world at the moment, it would be a travesty if he ends his career at Napoli without going to big clubs and winning trophies

Any player with anger issues is always being attacked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:06am On Mar 24, 2021
Wow. Too bad for him. I don’t see him ever being a regular for the three Lions. I don’t think we’ll miss him either. The only potential loss that gives me a sleepless night is Ebere Eze. He has the potential to have been a playmaker for this Super Eagles team.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
He actually has. Back in November 2019 vs Kosovo as an 84th min sub. It was a Euro qualifiers.and he made that debut at 21 yrs and 10 months.

The new fifa eligibility rule states that you must have only played not more than 3 official (Competitive) games before age 21 and those games should not be major tournament games.

Tomori was already 21+ on his England debut. So it's up to him. But he chose England so no one should expect us to go after him again after he rejected us already. It's up to him to reach out. Chikena.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:07am On Mar 24, 2021
Yeah. Nerdie just confirm it. Anyway, it’s his loss.

O pari

JayromWrites:

He did, against Kosovo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:35am On Mar 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles' Camp Update

From training earlier today...

1. Semi Ajayi defending against Paul Onuachu. Battle of Giants.

2. Ola Aina vs Henry Onyekuru.

3. Musa, Awaziem, Onuachu. Guess Musa is indicating "diving"? Lol

4. Ola Aina and others.

Rare picture of Onuachu smiling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:24am On Mar 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Where did u read Onyekuru in that statement? I am saying he should have been on the main list and u are mentioning someone on standby. I didn't even speak in the direction of who should be dropped.

Rohr places emphasis on playing competitions like champions league and Europa, so why is he ignoring a player who has thrived in both. Forgiveness asked a legitimate question.

You can't say that he should be on the main list when the main list players are better than him. Who is olayinka better than among
Simom Moses
Chukwueze
Iheanacho
Umar
Osimehn
Kalu

Sometimes, people just sit down and comment to create unnecessary arguments. You want a farmers league player to displace an experience big 5 players without earning it? My friend Mechionu gi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:36am On Mar 24, 2021
Subzero047:
I rewatched the Napoli game, I made 2 observations

1) The Italian players are targeting Osimhen, they know he is short tempered Mancini kept kicking at him all game yet Osimhen was the one that ended up with the yellow card

2) Koulibaly is world class, probably the best defender in the world at the moment, it would be a travesty if he ends his career at Napoli without going to big clubs and winning trophies

Koulibaly is definitely "one" of the best defenders in the world, not even at the moment is he the best. and is Napoli not a "big club"? they're already placing a huge fee on his head which means he's comfortable where he is. I mean, not everyone wants to move around or move to bigger clubs, dude is already in his prime, he's doing well in Naples man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:50am On Mar 24, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Koulibaly is definitely "one" of the best defenders in the world, not even at the moment is he the best. and is Napoli not a "big club"? they're already placing a huge fee on his head which means he's comfortable where he is. I mean, not everyone wants to move around or move to bigger clubs, dude is already in his prime, he's doing well in Naples man

Koulibaly is the best defender in the world at the moment (yes better than Dias) and it's a shame he is not pushing to move to a bigger club because he would not be recognized as that if he doesn't win trophies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:04am On Mar 24, 2021
12large1:

You can't say that he should be on the main list when the main list players are better than him. Who is olayinka better than among
Simom Moses
Chukwueze
Iheanacho
Umar
Osimehn
Kalu

Sometimes, people just sit down and comment to create unnecessary arguments. You want a farmers league player to displace an experience big 5 players without earning it? My friend Mechionu gi

Nonsense. I clearly said I am not calling out any player so why asking me silly jamb questions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2021
12large1:

Simom Moses
Chukwueze
Iheanacho
Umar
Osimehn
Kalu

He is better than Kalu and Umar.

Europa League is a bigger competition and Olayinka is performing there.

Your hypocrisy stinks. Is Laliga 2 better than Czech league?

Is Almeria better than Slavia Prague?

Next time, don't come here and start spewing rubbish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:30am On Mar 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Leon Balogun of course. Rohr is supposed to run the team through that technical staff. Those guys should equally be held accountable.

Honestly, I don't have idea of what you are saying but I know Rohr is just a remote control.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:08am On Mar 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Honestly, I don't have idea of what you are saying but I know Rohr is just a remote control.

Selection committee I meant

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2021
ChrisKels:
Lest I forget, happy married life to you Elyte nwoke oma.

Andrewbaba444 when are you tying the knot, u dun old finish oo. grin

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2021
Super Eagles Camp Update

Senior Kels has arrived.

The Gang is Complete.

Full house of 24 players.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2021
Andy is married. wink

ChrisKels:
Lest I forget, happy married life to you Elyte nwoke oma.

Andrewbaba444 when are you tying the knot, u dun old finish oo. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Selection committee I meant

Oh! I see. Thanks.

Who are the selection committee?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:31am On Mar 24, 2021
What a way to psych up your players...

Gernot Rohr: “Benin Can not Beat us. All Teams we played against always find it hard to defeat us, the least they can get is a Draw.”

Always seeing yourself as an underdog who is playing to avoid defeat. What else is the definition of defeatist mentality?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:33am On Mar 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Andy is married. wink

Really? Why him no give us invitation or show us photo? Abi him go deceive one unfortunate small village girl, give am bele, dem come dump the girl for him house, come force him to take up responsibility for his actions? You know say that boy head no dey for house

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:34am On Mar 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update

Senior Kels has arrived.

The Gang is Complete.

Full house of 24 players.

Rohr is the coach grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:34am On Mar 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Oh! I see. Thanks.

Who are the selection committee?

I don't know who all are in it but Eguavoen is the head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10341) (10342) (10343) (10344) (10345) (10346) (10347) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.