Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11606028 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10357) (10358) (10359) (10360) (10361) (10362) (10363) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:45am On Mar 26, 2021
nairalandankrah:
[Halaand > England (ManU)]= Dembele( barca)
Guy will struggle big time..

How do you mean

Dembele is always doing good at Barca anytime he is injury free ,this season says it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:56am On Mar 26, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Oga Icon4s come and see what these children are doing ooo cheesy

Dem try. As them beat Enyimba na big achievement be that grin

You think it is easy to defeat a whole Enyimba? grin
The People's Elephant! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:58am On Mar 26, 2021
ChrisKels:
Forgiveness, where is your Lateef Omidiji Junior and his sister Sonia grin

This man!

Where you go since?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2021
ChrisKels:

Bros dem plenty oo, even the ones wey fit no get chance till their career finish dey. They have two quality young goalkeepers in the Serie B, in the Portuguese league, young Mouhamed Mbaye was Porto's second choice before he got injured, he even started a match, thankfully, he is back now, in that same Portuguese league, young Babacar Niasse is the first choice and regular starter for Tondela. When you go to ligue1, their U20 goal keeper Boubacar Fall that just joined St Ettienne few months ago, has already been promoted to the first team and made the third choice goal keeper of the club. Senegal get goal keepers yapa, and none of our goal keepers would make their 23 man squad, it is painful

Yes, you are back at it again.
Your in-laws' hype grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

My friend, in the history of world cup, Klose has more world cup goals than anyone. But can you boldly say that klose was a better striker than Ronaldo da lima, Pele, Thierry Henry, Batistuta?? Some players won everything in football before a certain age and they weren't motivated to be consistent due to lack of motivation. So you can just use Longevity as a measurement of a player ability. This is how you judge who was better between the two.
In the best of Iniesta which to me was 2008 to 2013
Vs the best of Ronaldinho which to me was. 1999 to 2006
Who was better? In fact, Ronaldinho prime (2003 - 2006) can possibly be the best football player that I have witnessed.

The likes of Iniesta should be competing against the likes of nedved, Xavi, pirlo, Rivaldo, modric, figo, Raul, stoickov
While the likes of Ronaldinho are in competition against
Zidane, messi, maradona, Ronaldo da lima, Cristiano, Pele, Cryuff

Funny man. 1999. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:12am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:
Iniesta ahead of Ronaldinho?? sometimes the type of nonsense that people spew here warrant a dirty slap. It is almost like people try to wind others by starting an unquestionable debate for argument purposes

I will suggest you tune down your way of replying people.
Most of your reply to people who don't have the same stand as you are not it

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

My friend, in the history of world cup, Klose has more world cup goals than anyone. But can you boldly say that klose was a better striker than Ronaldo da lima, Pele, Thierry Henry, Batistuta?? Some players won everything in football before a certain age and they weren't motivated to be consistent due to lack of motivation. So you can just use Longevity as a measurement of a player ability. This is how you judge who was better between the two.
Who was better? In fact, Ronaldinho prime (2003 - 2006) can possibly be the best football player that I have witnessed.

The likes of Iniesta should be competing against the likes of nedved, Xavi, pirlo, Rivaldo, modric, figo, Raul, stoickov

The point is simple.

Longevity at the top. Even at PSG, Ronaldinho was not at the top. Let alone 1999.

He was brilliant when you talk of his individual talent but the point is reign at the top.

Iniesta's reign at the top was longer than Ronaldinho.

Finito.

All this Figo and Pele and Maradona grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:16am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:
Iniesta ahead of Ronaldinho?? sometimes the type of nonsense that people spew here warrant a dirty slap. It is almost like people try to wind others by starting an unquestionable debate for argument purposes

I weak my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How do you mean

Dembele is always doing good at Barca anytime he is injury free ,this season says it all

Dembele has failed to live up to the expectation with Barcelona managing only 16 goals in 73 appearances.. He scored only once in the league for Barcelona in the 2019-2020 season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:33am On Mar 26, 2021
Subzero047:

Why would Haarland struggle in England?
Me thinks He should stay one more season..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2021
2lola:

I will suggest you tune down your way of replying people.
Most of your reply to people who don't have the same stand as you are not it

I just tire for some people o. If they can't force their opinion on you, they resort to insults. As stupid as one thought can be it should be respected. That's maturity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Dembele has failed to live up to the expectation with Barcelona managing only 16 goals in 73 appearances.. He scored only once in the league for Barcelona in the 2019-2020 season.

You want him to score more than once when he spent 95 percent of the season on the injury bed ? My broda I hail you ooo maybe he should have scored with broken legs

Dembele is always good anytime he plays and that’s the fact ,this season he hasn’t battle with injuries and has been playing well for Barca so far and winning games so dembele is no flop

And why are you saying haaland will flop at United ? Still don’t understand you

Dembele 16 league goals in 73 appearance is only on league games and check the minutes you will see that’s it’s not bad ,dude wasn’t even a goal scorer at bvb so don’t expect a Neymar stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

It may sound ludicrous but Ronaldinho at his best was at least at Messi and ronaldo level or even better. The problem he had was lack of discipline and so it was shortlived.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Ronaldinho won individual laurels. Winning serie A while Iniesta was winning champions league, world cup, Euros.

Come on. From serie a to where?

Iniesta is ahead when you compare their careers.

Talent wise Ronaldinho was ahead. EOD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You want him to score more than once when he spent 95 percent of the season on the injury bed ? My broda I hail you ooo maybe he should have scored with broken legs

Dembele is always good anytime he plays and that’s the fact ,this season he hasn’t battle with injuries and has been playing well for Barca so far and winning games so dembele is no flop

And why are you saying haaland will flop at United ? Still don’t understand you

Dembele 16 league goals in 17 appearance is only on league games and check the minutes you will see that’s it’s not bad ,dude wasn’t even a goal scorer at bvb so don’t expect a Neymar stats

Dembele 16 league goals in 17 appearance for what club?? Let's stop this misinformation here abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

Dembele 16 league goals in 17 appearance for what club?? Let's stop this misinformation here abeg

You should know it was a mistake nah ,I was meant to write 73

If you had read the comment of the guy I quoted you will know it was a typo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 9:08am On Mar 26, 2021
Benin v Nigeria tv

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2021
Other options...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The point is simple.

Longevity at the top. Even at PSG, Ronaldinho was not at the top. Let alone 1999.

He was brilliant when you talk of his individual talent but the point is reign at the top.

Iniesta's reign at the top was longer than Ronaldinho.

Finito.

All this Figo and Pele and Maradona grin

Who won the best player and highest goal scorer at the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup? Ronaldinho

Just say you don’t know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2021
Icon4s:

Dem try. As them beat Enyimba na big achievement be that grin

You think it is easy to defeat a whole Enyimba? grin
The People's Elephant! grin

Lol just like it was impossible for them to climb that mountain of fire and miracles grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You should know it was a mistake nah ,I was meant to write 73

If you had read the comment of the guy I quoted you will know it was a typo

Lool I no even see say na my guy right am. Nwanne sorry joor. Me sef I shocked go check Google lol pele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Who won the best player and highest goal scorer at the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup? Ronaldinho

Just say you don’t know

By 1999, Ronaldinho was not even among the top starts in the Brazilian national team. We had the likes of Bebeto, Ronaldo De Lima, Rivaldo etc.

I guess that tournament was mainly a team B of Brazil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:42am On Mar 26, 2021

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:44am On Mar 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Just say you don’t know

That same 1999, Ronaldinho was playing U20 World Cup in Nigeria. Let alone top of the game.

I am glad you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2021
elunico:
I bet Komekn would come out with his usual denigrating of this lad, telling us he's not scored up to 50 goals for the past 4 seasons. His "HERE AND NOW" theory fails to come to play in times like this.

Actually in the immediate HERE and NOW he is the most IN -FORM striker that Nigeria has.

However, he has scored in consecutive matches, he looks way sharper and brimming with CONFIDENCE the oil that produces goals.

Is it a flash in the pan or is it better things to come after 4 seasons of outright mediocrity. Only time will tell.

The cherry on the pie would be Leicester beating Man city on Saturday and KC scoring that will put all the past under perfoming years to bed. Even if they don't win, and KC can score against his former employers, just one goal two would be bliss and three would amazing.

When things go well and you are performing the past is often forgotten and replaced with the HERE and NOW.

The key component of a quality top class striker is CONSISTENCY he needs to get that.

Let's see the next 9 coming games before the end of the season, to call yourself a quality striker he should really score at least 6.

I am actually impressed, it seems he has finally climbed out of his perennial doldrums.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

By 1999, Ronaldinho was not even among the top starts in the Brazilian national team. We had the likes of Bebeto, Ronaldo De Lima, Rivaldo etc.

I guess that tournament was mainly a team B of Brazil.

You keep embarrassing yourself not only did he win the confederation cup as the best player and top scorer in 1999, he also won the Copa America the same year in the RRR trio. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and rivaldo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2021
forgiveness:

Talent wise Ronaldinho was ahead. EOD

TheGoodJoe:

It is about longevity. Ronaldinho has more technique in one toe than the whole body of Iniesta but Iniesta is rated miles ahead of Ronaldinho because of his longevity.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/10352#100198668
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

You keep embarrassing yourself not only did he win the confederation cup as the best player and top scorer in 1999, he also won the Copa America the same year in the RRR trio. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and rivaldo.

You want to tell me of Copa America in 2000.

Funny people. I watched even the analysis by some old footballers from Uruguay and Brazil before the final. So saying I am embarrassing myself does not give your point weight.

By 2000 Ronaldinho was not top of the game. He was a very promising talent.

He even played Olympics that year as a potential Superstar. Not top star.

Ronaldinho was a star at PSG. Super talent but no top of the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01am On Mar 26, 2021
12large1:

Confederations cup was team b Brazil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Bar injuries , I think Nacho is now the finished article..its all there right now. everything you need to be a striker for Brendan. The touch, hold up play, passing, pressing, finishing top notch.

Rodgers could've sold him off to fernerbahce earlier on but opted to keep him instead while crafting out a post vardy formula that will bring out the beast in him..
His first touch, ( which has often been his acheles hill), his link up play, and all round game has magnificently improved.. Add that to his natural nick of being at the right place at the right time and you now have a man worth more than the 50million pounds buy back clause mancity inserted into his contract..

Now the formula has been found, tested against a top team(second in the table) and there's no going back..

Nacho single handedly delivered a semi final spot to Leicester after over 30 years of their waiting..God forbid's but imagine if nacho gets injured and is unavailable for the finals and Leicester goes on to loose, trust me, the fans will imagine a different scenario had he been present..)
That's goes to show how much the senior man has grown in leaps and bounds.. So What more than to build the team around him now surely?..

Even if Barnes returns, its Perez that'll drop to the bench..
Nachos development or soaking of knowledge (as thesupernerd will call it) is finally complete..
Credit must go to Brendan anyways, for putting faith in the lad..

I see kelechi with a masterclass performance against mancity @wembley final, effectively denying them the cup.
I see kelechi @ the champions league next season...

Football is a very short term career.

Time is very scarce COMMODITY.

Finding a manager with bags of patience is near impossible considering the pressure to win each and every game.

Brendan has given KC a HUGE amount of time and showered him with BAGS OF PATIENCE. Hopefully, KC will consistently return that uncommon faith put in him by the manager.

This is why having a GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your manage is absolutely essential to progress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2021
elyte89:

No passport booklet in d country @ d moment.. I av applied for it with d same amount 4 almost two months now..no show yet.. D man assisting me said no booklet @ d moment..but I knw say with runs and knowing higher person in d organization.. One will get it unofficially smiley

I can assure you that your personal perspective relates entirely unto to you.

From my perspective personal and otherwise you are COMPREHENSIVELY WRONG and your assertion in the general. TOTALLY UNTRUE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (10357) (10358) (10359) (10360) (10361) (10362) (10363) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, soetanoreoluwa(m), jihday(m), comodo, Kog45(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.