Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11722732 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10419) (10420) (10421) (10422) (10423) (10424) (10425) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

“To be fair, after the World Cup I was supposed to go to Watford, but while we were preparing for the World Cup, the officials of Stoke City flew down from London to Austria and they approached me.
The target of the team is to go back to the Premier League because they spent a lot of money and they are a good team, they are a big team and a Premier League team." Punch report.

Okay bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
maidaboi:
to me alhassan is not below average
But you are right to call him that untill he move away from sweden and prove himself

He is below average

The below average no even hide
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
maidaboi:
True talk
As if the names in Sweden is any better
In nairaland southgate voice
Double standard

Lol

Don’t mind emeka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He is below average

The below average no even hide
to me he is not because i have watch alot of his games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
Just look at this smile.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
An unfair thing to say Charles. I too don't really rate the Turkish league unless you feature for the big boys of Turkey (Gala, Fener, Trabzonspor, Besiktas) but I have to admit that Nwobodo have been good so far in same league. He has even done better than Etebo in Turkey so far, I gotta admit.

charlesemeka85:
players wey we no fit pronounce the name of their clubs no deserve chance for super eagle

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2021
Oga Icon4s and Enyimba fans alike. Anayo Iwuala or Stanley Dimgba?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
charlesemeka85:
to be honest we lack decent midfielders in top top leagues aside the ones you mentioned. I just pray ejaria gets cleared soonest so that him n olise will be more options in that position.

Also Rohr needs to bring in top rated Swedish based youngster alhassan Yusuf to the team atleast as an understudy to any of ndidi, aribo or etebo

I just pray that Nwakali rediscover his form to get back to reckoning

Its a thing of worry that for the past few years now we can't boast of top midfielders in Europe's best leagues aside etebo, ndidi and aribo

Offorbohr is another who can be drafted to the super eagles in no distant time

A player that has been bossing things in La liga Smartbank since he joined Alcocorn and even scored a worldie in his last game on Tuesday is who you are still praying and hoping rediscovers his form? Abi haven't you been following? Lol... Ofcos he hasn't arrived yet and needs to keep it up but if what he is doing now isn't some show of good form then I wonder what else is.

In a nutshell, lad has been in brilliant form and we hope that continues. His time will come when he has shown enough consistency but right now, make we focus on Olise and Ejaria coming in. We need more midfielders badly and a backup for Ndidi is top priority for me with the AM and CM roles looking stacked with the expected arrivals of the aforementioned duo from Reading.

Note: Take at look below at what a Spanish Journalist had to say about Nwakali even before his First goal for Alcocorn on Tuesday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
SeniorMan and the Midfield Boss Makes Whoscored's EPL Team of the Month for March 2021

Whoscored's brief on both lads as follows:

Central midfield: Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester) - 7.53 rating

Leicester's midfield star, Wilfred Ndidi, finishes March with the second most tackles and interceptions combined (20) in the Premier League. We have said it time and time again, but why no one has tried to prise Ndidi away from the King Power Stadium is bizarre. Not just at his best defensively in March, Ndidi even registered two assists in three league matches. He registered six key passes in that time, half of his total for the campaign.

Striker: Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) - 8.02 rating

Kelechi Iheanacho scored in all three of his league appearances in March, finishing with five goals in total after capping the month with a hat-trick in a 5-0 win over strugglers Sheffield United. Iheanacho unsurprisngly claimed a perfect 10 rating against the Blades, having also completed six dribbles, one fewer than he had managed all season prior to that. The 24-year-old has now scored as many non-penalty league goals as striker partner Jamie Vardy this season (6).

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
An unfair thing to say Charles. I too don't really rate the Turkish league unless you feature for the big boys of Turkey (Gala, Fener, Trabzonspor, Besiktas) but I have to admit that Nwobodo have been good so far in same league. He has even done better than Etebo in Turkey so far, I gotta admit.

Thank you for saying this

Don’t mind Charles ,he doesn’t rate turkey but he rates Sweden

Nwobodo doing better than etebo while playing for a smaller club says it all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
SeniorMan and the Midfield Boss Makes Whoscored's EPL Team of the Month for March 2021

Whoscored's brief on both lads as follows:

Central midfield: Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester) - 7.53 rating

Leicester's midfield star, Wilfred Ndidi, finishes March with the second most tackles and interceptions combined (20) in the Premier League. We have said it time and time again, but why no one has tried to prise Ndidi away from the King Power Stadium is bizarre. Not just at his best defensively in March, Ndidi even registered two assists in three league matches. He registered six key passes in that time, half of his total for the campaign.

Striker: Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) - 8.02 rating

Kelechi Iheanacho scored in all three of his league appearances in March, finishing with five goals in total after capping the month with a hat-trick in a 5-0 win over strugglers Sheffield United. Iheanacho unsurprisngly claimed a perfect 10 rating against the Blades, having also completed six dribbles, one fewer than he had managed all season prior to that. The 24-year-old has now scored as many non-penalty league goals as striker partner Jamie Vardy this season (6).

Wow I love this

Nacho and ndidi in there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

A player that has been bossing things in La liga Smartbank since he joined Alcocorn and even scored a worldie in his last game on Tuesday is who you are still praying and hoping rediscovers his form? Abi haven't you been following? Lol... Ofcos he hasn't arrived yet and needs to keep it up but if what he is doing now isn't some show of good form then I wonder what else is.

In a nutshell, lad has been in brilliant form and we hope that continues. His time will come when he has shown enough consistency but right now, make we focus on Olise and Ejaria coming in. We need more midfielders badly and a backup for Ndidi is top priority for me with the AM and CM roles looking stacked with the expected arrivals of the aforementioned duo from Reading.

Note: Take at look below at what a Spanish Journalist had to say about Nwakali even before his First goal for Alcocorn on Tuesday.

Lol

You too like nwakali sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
That I cannot deny. I like the lad but it's truly because I know the boy got high potentials and thankfully he is showing himself good at Alcocorn so far. Getting the gametime that Huesca didn't wanna give him and being used in tactical set-ups that bring out his strengths. If he keeps it up, lad will be another fine addition to the Super Eagles' midfield depth but until then... Make him continue. There is a reason why I always insisted that calls for a SE invite was too early for him when he was at Huesca in la Liga. He needs to keep showing this consistency.

andrewbaba44:

Lol

You too like nwakali sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
smartsmith0907:

That was a stupid miss ...... The dude needs to calm down and get his head straight.

The more he misses the lower his confidence goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That I cannot deny. I like the lad but it's truly because I know the boy got high potentials and thankfully he is showing himself good at Alcocorn so far. Getting the gametime that Huesca didn't wanna give him and being used in tactical set-ups that bring out his strengths. If he keeps it up, lad will be another fine addition to the Super Eagles' midfield depth but until then... Make him continue. There is a reason why I always insisted that calls for a SE invite was too early for him when he was at Huesca in la Liga. He needs to keep showing this consistency.

He has not been bad at alcoron

Huesca should let him go abeg since they won’t give him game time as dem go Kuku relegate go meet alcoron back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Wow I love this

Nacho and ndidi in there

Wait till Nacho wins one or both of EPL POTM and GOTM.

Hehehehehe...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Wait till Nacho wins one or both of EPL POTM and GOTM.

Hehehehehe...

Goal of the month isn’t bad but I will prefer premier league player of the month for nacho

It hasn’t been easy for him and he deserves to get the player of the month

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
That's the funniest part. Huesca and Alcocorn go still meet for La Liga Smartbank next season. Lol. Anyway, he should keep doing well. When he returns to Huesca from this loan, we would know what lies in store for him going forward. Perhaps a few teams would begin looking at him. Time will tell.

andrewbaba44:

He has not been bad at alcoron

Huesca should let him go abeg since they won’t give him game time as dem go Kuku relegate go meet alcoron back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Fooolish Huesca. I knew he would prove them wrong like he has been doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That's the funniest part. Huesca and Alcocorn go still meet for La Liga Smartbank next season. Lol. Anyway, he should keep doing well. When he returns to Huesca from this loan, we would know what lies in store for him going forward. Perhaps a few teams would begin looking at him. Time will tell.

Remember I said the same exact thing grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2021
Leon Balogun has signed a one year extension with Rangers

YESSSS LET'S GO!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
Exactly. Infact it was you I had in mind when typing that. You called it. Lol

BascoVanVeli:

Remember I said the same exact thing grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I doubt that. He hasn't been exposed in any tournament yet. Been the best midfielder in every single competition he has been in. Etebo's only problem was going to that useless Stoke City. I still believe that was the most ridiculous decision I've ever seen made in football.

The guy was better than ndidi at 2018 world cup, 2019 Anc and people still talking crap. Im.not saying that he is a better player than Ndidi tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
edi287:
Has TheSuperNerd beat me to this one yet??

More hilarious stuff featuring Nacho grin cheesy

Lol... A good one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2021
This is actually very true. Etebo had been our best performing midfielder at the two Major tournaments we have been to under Rohr. The Russia 2018 WC and the Egypt 2019 Afcon. He remains a very fine player to have in the squad from the start or off the bench.

BascoVanVeli:

I doubt that. He hasn't been exposed in any tournament yet. Been the best midfielder in every single competition he has been in. Etebo's only problem was going to that useless Stoke City. I still believe that was the most ridiculous decision I've ever seen made in football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

This is actually very true. Etebo had been our best performing midfielder at the two Major tournaments we have been to under Rohr. The Russia 2018 WC and the Egypt 2019 Afcon. He remains a very fine player to have in the squad from the start or off the bench.

But unfortunately majority don't want to agree to dis fact...with our present midfield status...he's still very relevant to our squad..infact if u ask me in whom I prefer BTW etebo and aribo ...I will pick d former(whether we re facing African team or not; any team whatsoever)

Meanwhile all our dressers fan,waiting happen we no hear una again,one of us his fan here even preferred him to be invited and start ahead of onauchu...person wey onauchu don give sabbatical leave for club bench grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
haaland is not really good with the ball @ his feet..he is just a pure finisher..

Madrid will be better for him or Man u

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SHIIIIITEHOLE: 4:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Naija don see pepper for Ghana’s hands, walahi.

In 1992, Ghana trashed Nigeria at afcon in Senegal grin even with Keshi, Finidi, yekini, Siasia etc

In 2008, Ghana’s able captain John Mensah was sent off and Nigeria awarded a penalty, which Aiyebgeni scored. Despite playing with 10 men, Ghana scored 2 beautiful goals to kick Nigeria out. You remember Agogo? grin Fuckeduppedness Nigeria no be Ghana’s mate, walahi talahi grin

What about the London 4-1 trashing? grin

Nigeria’s goalkeeper Agu lost a tooth at the Kumasi stadium in a desperate but futile attempt to prevent another Black Stars massacre grin

I remember one Afcon semi final match between Ghana and Nigeria, played in Congo or Gabon. As usual, Nigeria came into the match making mouth as they always do grin They said they were coming to massacre Ghana grin That game was played in Congo. Midway into the first half, Ghana got a corner, Asamoah kicked the corner, Gyan outjumped Danny Shittu and headed the ball into the net. That how Ghana again sent Nigeria packing from the tournament grin. grin How a small player Gyan outjumped Shitu, a player built like a wrestler remains a mystery to Nigerians till today grin

Do you know the heaviest defeat ever inflicted on Nigeria by any country was by Ghana? It ended 7-0! grin

quickberry:

We bleeped ur ass at the 2006 Afcon, thanks to a free kick by Taiye Taiwo D
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
12large1:

The guy was better than ndidi at 2018 world cup, 2019 Anc and people still talking crap. Im.not saying that he is a better player than Ndidi tho
won't people stone you to death if you can open your mouth and say he is better than Ndidi? He is crap player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
SHIIIIITEHOLE:
Naija don see pepper for Ghana’s hands, walahi.

In 1992, Ghana trashed Nigeria at afcon in Senegal grin even with Keshi, Finidi, yekini, Siasia etc

In 2008, Ghana’s able captain John Mensah was sent off and Nigeria awarded a penalty, which Aiyebgeni scored. Despite playing with 10 men, Ghana scored 2 beautiful goals to kick Nigeria out. You remember Agogo? grin Fuckeduppedness Nigeria no be Ghana’s mate, walahi talahi grin

What about the London 4-1 trashing? grin

Nigeria’s goalkeeper Agu lost a tooth at the Kumasi stadium in a desperate but futile attempt to prevent another Black Stars massacre grin

I remember one Afcon semi final match between Ghana and Nigeria, played in Congo or Gabon. As usual, Nigeria came into the match making mouth as they always do grin They said they were coming to massacre Ghana grin That game was played in Congo. Midway into the first half, Ghana got a corner, Asamoah kicked the corner, Gyan outjumped Danny Shittu and headed the ball into the net. That how Ghana again sent Nigeria packing from the tournament grin. grin How a small player Gyan outjumped Shitu, a player built like a wrestler remains a mystery to Nigerians till today grin

Do you know the heaviest defeat ever inflicted on Nigeria by any country was by Ghana? It ended 7-0! grin

We have heard, awya dey go!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
mkrest:
German born footballer and City's Lucas Nmecha ready switch to Nigeria.
Born in Hamburg to a German mother and a Nigerian father, but raised in England, Nmecha is eligible to play for Nigeria, Germany and England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGs8kZcBwec

abeg, how true is this?

Some of these TV guys really don't know jack about FIFA and football rules in general. I can tell you that we have the best brains in this thread and whatever you get from some people in this thread can't be argued unlike the trash I read from some of these so called TV journalists . So, these bunch of jokes didn't know that Lukas Nmecha has had his onetime change of allegiance from England to Germany, hence, can no longer represent any other nation but Germany?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
elyte89:

But unfortunately majority don't want to agree to dis fact...with our present midfield status...he's still very relevant to our squad..infact if u ask me in whom I prefer BTW etebo and aribo ...I will pick d former(whether we re facing African team or not; any team whatsoever)

I thought I was the only one who doesn't rate Aribo, that still doesn't make Etebo anything more than a carpenter, though. I wan to see what an Ejaria can do in that position, but I still have my reservations on him, since he can't get that leap from the championship to a top league. I wonder why we never tried Iwobi in that position, especially after we seem to have waited in futility for Nwakali to assume the mantle. I think Iwobi wouldn't look outta sorts playing as a CM as Ndidi anchors

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10419) (10420) (10421) (10422) (10423) (10424) (10425) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.