Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720266 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10424) (10425) (10426) (10427) (10428) (10429) (10430) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kog45:
The Law I sight you o.Where u come run go all this time.
Oga kog45 I dey ooo. Not been too active here though. I trust you are doing well. Nice to hear from you Sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
12large1:

My friend, in the history of world cup, Klose has more world cup goals than anyone. But can you boldly say that klose was a better striker than Ronaldo da lima, Pele, Thierry Henry, Batistuta?? Some players won everything in football before a certain age and they weren't motivated to be consistent due to lack of motivation. So you can just use Longevity as a measurement of a player ability. This is how you judge who was better between the two.
In the best of Iniesta which to me was 2008 to 2013
Vs the best of Ronaldinho which to me was. 1999 to 2006
Who was better? In fact, Ronaldinho prime (2003 - 2006) can possibly be the best football player that I have witnessed.

The likes of Iniesta should be competing against the likes of nedved, Xavi, pirlo, Rivaldo, modric, figo, Raul, stoickov
While the likes of Ronaldinho are in competition against
Zidane, messi, maradona, Ronaldo da lima, Cristiano, Pele, Cryuff
Thank you. You have eloquently settled the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

You are being clever by half. You measure both of them and then race off with longevity which is the only thing Iniesta had going for him over Ronaldinho. What else in strict footballing terms will you say that Iniesta trumped Ronaldinho? Is it intelligence? Skills? Technique? Passing range? Vision? Goals?

There's nothing that Iniesta won as part of a team that Ronaldinho did not win and top it off with individual laurels.

You are regurgitating my point and making it look as if you are countering my point.

My point is very simple.

Ronaldinho has more talent in one toe than the whole of Iniesta's body?

So telling me Ronaldinho has skills, talent, vision etc, just says what I am saying.

Despite all Ronaldinho's talent, his reign at the top was brief compared to Iniesta.

Based on that, Iniesta has a higher rating.

If you want to talk talent or impact in a brief period, it Is a different point.

Based on longevity at the top, Iniesta rules and that is the premium rating. Not flashes in the pan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

You are being clever by half. You measure both of them and then race off with longevity which is the only thing Iniesta had going for him over Ronaldinho. What else in strict footballing terms will you say that Iniesta trumped Ronaldinho? Is it intelligence? Skills? Technique? Passing range? Vision? Goals?

There's nothing that Iniesta won as part of a team that Ronaldinho did not win and top it off with individual laurels.

finally our learned counsel is back,

barman oya wire me two Heineken and a plate of ewu Gambia pepper soup,
make ah use am Sidon dey observe the proceeding BTW my learned sir, and our blue fonter

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
CaptainStephen:
Who dash small boy like me ? na one eagle o
Major? Lt Colonel, honestly I no sabi wetin one eagle or two eagle mean. Na only Super Eagles I sabi grin. So please sir, what do the eagles mean. Thanks boss, at least i go take am learn something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

It is about longevity.

Ronaldinho has more technique in one toe than the whole body of Iniesta but [/b]Iniesta is rated miles ahead of Ronaldinho because of his longevity.[b]
You see why I say you are being clever by half: you talk about skill, talent, technique and then tuck in longevity and conclude that just because of that point alone Iniesta is RATED MILES ahead of Ronaldinho.
Please be precise when you use words. From your response to me above you make it seem as if what you are saying is that Iniesta lasted longer than Ronaldinho in football. Nobody argues that but the moment you throw in words like 'surpassed' 'rated miles ahead' you are saying that Iniesta's longevity is greater than Ronaldinho's overall greatness. And that is why others have taken you up because to say what you said above is a travesty that should not be accepted at all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kog45:
My man that's the fact and what is nothing person no go read here?

Sir with due respect,i have been watching eagles since 1980 so am not here to base my views on sentiment.

What I have seen so far,Ndidi has it all to be the best DM to come out of Africa not even Nigeria but he has not done what Onazi did with eagles,pls go and watch Onazi Afcon 2013 and 2014 WC.

Mind you I rate Ndidi than Onazi cos they are not comparable based on their development as a player.

I can't remember any match or period in Onazi,s international career that he was considered indispensable to the Super Eagles. The 2013 success had so much to do with Mikel in the Mid than Onazi.

Let give credit to whom it's due, Ndidi is not there yet but Onazi doesn't come close to what Ndidi has given so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
At least let it be public knowledge that I gave my reasons why Anayo Iwuala should stay with Enyimba. As much as I hate to admit it grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aaxlyELDWk

This Anayo guy moves like Okocha.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Paul Onuachu to replace Haaland at Dortmund grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
1realBobby:
which kain witchcraft this onyekuru dey use? as short as he is, winning all the aerial balls cheesy
This made me laugh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

You see why I say you are being clever by half: you talk about skill, talent, technique and then tuck in longevity and conclude that just because of that point alone Iniesta is RATED MILES ahead of Ronaldinho.
Please be precise when you use words. From your response to me above you make it seem as if what you are saying is that Iniesta lasted longer than Ronaldinho in football. Nobody argues that but the moment you throw in words like 'surpassed' 'rated miles ahead' you are saying that Iniesta's longevity is greater than Ronaldinho's overall greatness. And that is why others have taken you up because to say what you said above is a travesty that should not be accepted at all.

Iniesta's longevity at the top is higher than Ronaldinho. Thus, the better player when you carry put ratings.

That is the simple point.

I never argued Ronaldinho's talent. He is the one that has given me the most joy while watching football. Ahead of my best player, Maradona.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
mank1234:

Someone pointed it out at the bar where I was watching.

He just needs some Tactical and fitness refinement and he can be a quality talent.

Really impressed with him.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Iniesta's longevity at the top is higher than Ronaldinho. Thus, the better player when you carry put ratings.

That is the simple point.

I never argued Ronaldinho's talent. He is the one that has given me the most joy while watching football. Ahead of my best player, Maradona.
Your first paragraph is precisely the argument. Iniesta is not a better player than Ronaldinho because he lasted longer. Ronaldinho is in the realm of the greats. Iniesta belongs to the second tier even with his donkey years. Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
lloydtruth:

I can't remember any match or period in Onazi,s international career that he was considered indispensable to the Super Eagles. The 2013 success had so much to do with Mikel in the Mid than Onazi.

Let give credit to whom it's due, Ndidi is not there yet but Onazi doesn't come close to what Ndidi has given so far.

Do all these people watch football or just come here to talk rubbish? My friend onazi in 13/14 was indispensable for SE. He even had a better 14 world cup than mikel and infact, when onazi was intentionally taken out vs France, the pathway became clearer for them

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
lloydtruth:

Onazi gave Mikel that stability during Afcon 2013 after fumbled Fegor Ogude was replaced by Onazi

My man, Onazi was indispensable in eagles 2013/2014.

Pls rate Onazi Afcon 2013 and 2014 WC and Ndidi 2019 Afcon and 2018 WC.

My point is simple, Ndidi need to bring his club form to eagles as he did against Lesotho.This is the time for him to be the water carrier.

Hope you remember how Olishe forced himself in against Senegal Afcon 2000 and changed the game.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

Your first paragraph is precisely the argument. Iniesta is not a better player than Ronaldinho because he lasted longer. Ronaldinho is in the realm of the greats. Iniesta belongs to the second tier even with his donkey years. Finito.

The point is pretty clear. Better player with respect to ratings. When you rate their achievements over a long time Iniesta is above.

When you talk of better, you are referring to talent. And from day one, the point was, despite Ronaldinho having more talent, Iniesta achieved more and this rated ahead with respect to achievements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
lloydtruth:

Have you forgotten France targeting Onazi to break his leg to dismantle our team so soon?

Although I still rate Ndidi as the better player.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
I don't know if this picture was shared here but I like it.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
mank1234:

They both have low center of gravity

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
femianski:

You're spot on sir. Exactly why I was trying to tell people here. But instead, they were countering me. They posted about tuchel winning manager of the month but they couldn't post someone winning player of the month
one word BIAS. Sometimes people defend the undefendable. I hope nachos new found form continues...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Paul Onuachu to replace Haaland at Dortmund grin
for real?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
mank1234:

a lot of people made that comment on YouTube sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
for real?
Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
lloydtruth:

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Yeah
Where did you hear it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So if say a Bulgarian club calls u will be ok with him going there? I totally disagree. The more caps he gets the better the clubs that will looking for him.
Btw Enyimba pay he well enough and I doubt the club that wants him would be able to double his salary so easily especially when his living expenses are considered. You don't have to take care of 100 family members before u know that u know u have made it. He has enough money to take care of himself and focus on his career.

If Bulgaria club calls Anayo, he should jappa. He will be better off than on these concrete pitches. He will get better footballing education and play in a far better atmosphere.

Are you not seeing how Partizan Belgrade helped Sadiq's life?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
for real?

If the news is real dude will be sold for nothing less than 30 million euros since transfermkt value him at 17 million euros

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Noahubspot: 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
Ejaria scored for Reading. What a Goal!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
Noahubspot:
Ejaria scored for Reading. What a Goal!
He is always a beautiful player in the final third. Skill, flair, intelligence & technique.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
[quote author=TheGoodJoe post=100431703]

[color=#000099]Have you forgotten France targeting Onazi to break his leg to dismantle our team so soon?

I disagree with this statement. It was just a freak accident. He was never targeted in order to break his leg. That's not true. Was Babatunde too targeted for his broken arm by Onazi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Someone pointed it out at the bar where I was watching.

He just needs some Tactical and fitness refinement and he can be a quality talent.

Really impressed with him.

To me, tactical and technical refinement i will say. He doesn't look like he has fitness issue. He is a quality talent with lot of potential. Great skill, speed, grit and shields the ball very well. Just needs to not be too anxious to impress. If he is serious career wise, he would go very far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So if say a Bulgarian club calls u will be ok with him going there? I totally disagree. The more caps he gets the better the clubs that will looking for him.
Btw Enyimba pay he well enough and I doubt the club that wants him would be able to double his salary so easily especially when his living expenses are considered. You don't have to take care of 100 family members before u know that u know u have made it. He has enough money to take care of himself and focus on his career.
so you think if kalu and Simon are available for selection this Enyimba boi go smell super eagles shirt again?

Even I forgot to mention ejike and lookman who will join hopefully before the end of the yr

If he has a good agent he is good enough to secure a move to the Belgian league or any of the scandanavian clubs which to me is a good start and in a season or 2 he may attract interest in bigger leagues

(1) (2) (3) ... (10424) (10425) (10426) (10427) (10428) (10429) (10430) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), ddone and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.