Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11929776 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10433) (10434) (10435) (10436) (10437) (10438) (10439) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
So, if you were Akpeyi you would just goan retire. Well done Mr. Analyst.
Luthben:
Akpeyi got a red card today in his club's CAF Champions League victory
Also handled the ball outside the box
Man should wave his career goodbye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
Embell:
So, if you were Akpeyi you would just goan retire. Well done Mr. Analyst.

After a match they won BTW

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Comedians everywhere bro.
BascoVanVeli:

After a match they won BTW

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simmy 29 league games and 15 goals

So we can easily say simmy is scoring 1 goal in every 2 games

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
What's happening with Tolu Arokodare in Germany

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Simmy 29 league games and 15 goals

So we can easily say simmy is scoring 1 goal in every 2 games

If this was Osimhen Statistics in Seria A, Some individuals here (Especially TheSupernerd's ) would start saying Osimhen deserved the World best Footballer Award grin grin.

Calling him all kinds of weird names like Beast and Monster.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

If this was Osimhen Statistics in Seria A, Some individuals here (Especially TheSupernerd's ) would start saying Osimhen deserved the World best Footballer Award grin grin.

Smiles

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Chelsea watch your back before Liverpool snatch top 4 from you guys grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

A lot of people here are selective analysts they already have their favorites and wouldn't celebrate others as much as their favorite. If it was someone else that scored 2 goals today, this site would had shut down.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
I am no more seeing arsenal as a big club in England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
Danielnino00:
What's happening with Tolu Arokodare in Germany

He made a leap too high to land on his tender feet.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

grin grin grin This table wey you wan shake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Osimhen bagged 5 goals + 5 assists in the AfconQ trumping elite players on the continent at International level. Have you read calls here for him being in the running for African Best??

So why this cheap mention of something so unintelligent?

Please don't tag my moniker with preposterous nonsense.
If you don't like Osimhen being called Monster Machine, then why not give him your own name.
He is the monster machine and for very fantastic reasons and THE NUMBER 1 STRIKER OF THE SUPER EAGLES. Simy scoring 15 goals in Serie A doesn't even come close to changing that fact. Inugo??

So please going forward, don't tag my moniker to sour jokes like these just because you think tagging me is one way of gathering attention on here. Don't drop cheap takes. Thrive to actually contribute here okay.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2021
elunico:

He made a leap too high to land on his tender feet.

This is wicked cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
12large1:

A lot of people here are selective analysts they already have their favorites and wouldn't celebrate others as much as their favorite. If it was someone else that scored 2 goals today, this site would had shut down.

Your takes on here since you walked in have generally been poor and ill-thought. Is it not you who walked in here crying baby tears about how Iheanacho isn't getting enough attention or respect?? Is it not you who walked in here feeling like you are the number 1 Iheanacho fan and even quoted a post of mine asking why I will mention Onuachu alongside Iheanacho as possible replacements for Osimhen??

Look mister... Don't be such a hypocrite. As far as I can tell, you are one of the selectively biased analysts with your "farmers league" rants every now and then. So swerve. Nansense!! grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Did anyone here stopped you from worshipping Simy on this thread?
You can call Simy weird name like your Lord and Savior for scoring 15 goals, nobody cares

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
12large1:

U yourself never acknowledged Simy scoring.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen never wanted to stay at lille biko

Who will reject going to a better club and better league with 4 million euros per season which is a way more than whats he is being paid at lille

A record transfer fee with a sure starting shirt at him at napoli and you think he wanted to remain at lille?

According to one post here a while back where his brother said osimhen wanted to remain at Lille, but the management of lille wanted to sell him, plus despite all the promises made by Napoli like u stated, osimhen had his minor concerns bothering racism, he kept on emphasizing that he was not ready for Italy because of racism. He further reiterated his stance as to why he wanted to remain in Lille where has just had a fine season and was
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
I’m afraid that Rohr may not invite Sadiq Umar for WC qualifiers. It seems like that the four strikers will be Osimhen, Nacho, Onuachu and most likely Simy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simy and Onuachu ( twin tower)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
If I am biased against any other striker of the Super Eagles aside Osimhen, would I drop this??

Or would I drop all I dropped about Onuachu still being Africa's leading marksman in Europe as per the Golden Shoe Rankings??

Please, let us be guided and not abuse the cheap route of tagging my moniker to nonsense imaginary and cooked-up takes. Merci.

TheSuperNerd:
Courtesy: @OptaPaolo

8 - Best goalscorers in the top-5 European Leagues since the start of March 2021:

8- Simy

7- Lewandowski

5- Iheanacho

5- Benzema

5- Gerard Moreno

Unbelievable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ppogbae:
I’m afraid that Rohr may not invite Sadiq Umar for WC qualifiers. It seems like that the four strikers will be Osimhen, Nacho, Onuachu and most likely Simy.

Am not sure we will have 4 strikers sha

But I still wonder why rohr invited sadiq the last time and didn’t invite simmy

Don’t expect anything from rohr jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
Why won't we learn? Simy and Onuachu are two of the same striker kind. Would it actually be wise tactically to have two forwards of very similar styles in the Super Eagles in the presence of the abundance of varying Striker species we have in Europe?

SADIQ is Different from both Onuachu and Simy. Simy and Onuachu are practically similar strikers. And Osimhen is obviously cut from a different cloth in the Strikers' realm.

Iheanacho also is Different in that he is a number 8. A Deeplying forward. A hybrid striker.

From my tactical viewpoint, it is far more profitable to go with strikers that offer you Different styles to expand our attacking depth's dynamism rather than having two of the same.

So sometimes, top scoring in a league may not be enough. We have to also look at the tactical side of things. Remember the case of Giroud and Lacazette. Laca had the goals more than Giroud but the latter was the best fit in France's tactical set-up.

andrewbaba44:

Am not sure we will have 4 strikers sha

But I still wonder why rohr invited sadiq the last time and didn’t invite simmy

Don’t expect anything from rohr jare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Your takes on here since you walked in have generally been poor and ill-thought. Is it not you who walked in here crying baby tears about how Iheanacho isn't getting enough attention or respect?? Is it not you who walked in here feeling like you are the number 1 Iheanacho fan and even quoted a post of mine asking why I will mention Onuachu alongside Iheanacho as possible replacements for Osimhen??

Look mister... Don't be such a hypocrite. As far as I can tell, you are one of the selectively biased analysts with your "farmers league" rants every now and then. So swerve. Nansense!! grin

You're one of the few people that I like and respect here so I will be respectful. I totally disagree that my take has been indirect because from day 1, I have placed Nigerian footballers ahead of anyone else. I don't have any relatives or favorites so me being biased to anyone is False. One thing I absolutely despise is analyst giving selective treatment to Certain players and if you have been following me since I visited this site, you will notice. Another stance of mine is that the quality and team that our boys perform at is very important because that's how you differentiate boys from men. Lastly, one thing I have noticed here is that you guys always choose to attack anyone that has an opposing view on your favorites

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Why won't we learn? Simy and Onuachu are two of the same striker kind. Would it actually be wise tactically to have two forwards of very similar styles in the Super Eagles in the presence of the abundance of varying Striker species we have in Europe?

SADIQ is Different from both Onuachu and Simy. Simy and Onuachu are practically similar strikers. And Osimhen is obviously cut from a different cloth in the Strikers' realm.

Iheanacho also is Different in that he is a number 8. A Deeplying forward. A hybrid striker.

From my tactical viewpoint, it is far more profitable to go with strikers that offer you Different styles to expand our attacking depth's dynamism rather than having two of the same.

So sometimes, top scoring in a league may not be enough. We have to also look at the tactical side of things. Remember the case of Giroud and Lacazette. Laca had the goals more than Giroud but the latter was the best fit in France's tactical set-up.

Look, every team should play to its strengths and right now, SE strengths is center forward. Our coach must find a way to include all inform players in his Squad. It doesn't make Sense when a player has 15 Goals in Seria A and is being omitted in the same league that a player has 4 goals and this isn't a farmers league but The Big 3.
15 Goals in Seria A (big 3) and you aren't good enough for your Country? Common

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ppogbae:

The reason he invited Sadiq Umar was not his performances because Terem Moffi and Onuachu were outperforming him in first division leagues, so expect to see his name in another call up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Hmmmmm

You have a point sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
One of my favorites is Iheanacho. And you also walked in here attacking any post talking down on Iheanacho. Infact, you also ignorantly attacked my post where I named Onuachu alongside Nacho as a possible replacement for Osimhen in any case Vic doesn't make it for the Qualifiers.

So this shows you have a thing for Iheanacho as a fav of yours, yet that doesn't stop me from coming for you.

And yes, the quality of our national team will keep improving as long as our players play consistently in the Best leagues of the topmost quality but that in itself does not mean we cannot have fine quality outside the Big 5 leagues of Europe. Take for instance, Onuachu.
Even Simy bagged 20 goals in Serie B last season and some didn't consider it a thing because it is "second division" but here he is proving it even more that his goals are no fluke having 15 in the current Serie A.
So while the bulk of our NT quality is centered around lads balling good in the Top 5 leagues, we can also have sprinkles of quality talents from outside the Top 5. Players like Zaidu for instance in a league ranked #6 in Europe. Would you not rate him because he is not in the Big 5 yet?

So you really need to find a balanced take on this "farmers league" song you always sing the time when trying to analyse our players. Finito.

12large1:

You're one of the few people that I like and respect here so I will be respectful. I totally disagree that my take has been indirect because from day 1, I have placed Nigerian footballers ahead of anyone else. I don't have any relatives or favorites so me being biased to anyone is False. One thing I absolutely despise is analyst giving selective treatment to Certain players and if you have been following me since I visited this site, you will notice. Another stance of mine is that the quality and team that our boys perform at is very important because that's how you differentiate boys from men. Lastly, one thing I have noticed here is that you guys always choose to attack anyone that has an opposing view on your favorites

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simy is similar to Onuachu and we have to make a tough choice to go with one or the other. Tactically, there is no other way unless Rohr wants to have two of the same.

I agree that it is right to reward a player's form of 15 goals in serie A. I have said this before pages back on Simy when he was on 8 or so. But I also have to admit that Rohr won't be able to call everyone and also, Rohr has to pick players that enhance the strengths and quality of our team tactically. Wouldn't we be lacking having two similar towers in Simy and Onuachu when we can have one of them and another striker breed?

We are now in a stage and era where we would have so many players doing so well in one position that selection would become hellish for the coaches. In the end, it boils down to making the best tactical decisions for selection.

12large1:

Look, every team should play to its strengths and right now, SE strengths is center forward. Our coach must find a way to include all inform players in his Squad. It doesn't make Sense when a player has 15 Goals in Seria A and is being omitted in the same league that a player has 4 goals and this isn't a farmers league but The Big 3.
15 Goals in Seria A (big 3) and you aren't good enough for your Country? Common

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
David Silva has just added copa del Rey to his trophies

What a legend

(1) (2) (3) ... (10433) (10434) (10435) (10436) (10437) (10438) (10439) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.