Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11878933 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10448) (10449) (10450) (10451) (10452) (10453) (10454) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

That's what happens when anyone has a superior who believes in him and is ready to give such all the help they need. The same Lingard whose career was heading into the dunghill has really revived his career.

Hmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
Though we already have more than enough strikers, but this boy is worth a look in, because these are mad numbers, we shouldn't let USA have him, because he has always wanted Nigeria and was supposed to play for the Aigbogun's U20s if not for some academic engagements. Dude wanna follow same route as his older siblings - Bright and Courtney

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChrisKels:
Though we already have more than enough strikers, but this boy is worth a look in, because these are mad numbers, we shouldn't let USA have him, because he has always wanted Nigeria and was supposed to play for the Aigbogun's U20s if not for some academic engagements. Dude wanna follow same route as his older siblings - Bright and Courtney
I thought he's already played for the USMNT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
charlesemeka85:
na negative minded pple praying so hard that he dumps us for France or England and they will come up with the 'I told you guys' phrase grin

Guy I thought you were an Igbo? Have you forgotten our popular adage that "onye agwo tara na-atu isi ngwere egwu". Ogbeni we have been here before, so we all being cautious. Nobody wanna raise his hope and have it dash, like has been the case lately.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I thought he's already played for the USMNT

Friendlies not competitive matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
Chris, the U.S. can have him. With two caps for them already in friendlies, it's only a matter of time before he is capped competitively.
Also, with the crazy depth we have got in the CF position, where even the likes of Simy isn't yet sure of another look-in despite his wicked form, I think we will be missing nothing With Dike.
He is a good young player but we have so much depth and even better quality in some of the CF options we boast.

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kog45:
Chriskels baba with his third eye.I remember your thought about Saka.

Walahi you would have been a very tough coach but as you said hope he proves you wrong.

Never ridiculed Saka, I always acknowledged his great talent, and I loved him for his sincerity, but ain't hurt over him playing for England because I never saw and I don't see what he wouldda brought to our team but dept. Yes, I don't miss him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Chris, the U.S. can have him. With two caps for then already in friendlies, it's only a matter of time before he is capped competitively.
Also, with the crazy depth we have got in the CF position, where even the likes of Simy isn't yet sure of another look-in despite his wicked form, I think we will be missing nothing With Dike.
He is a good young player but we have so much depth and even better quality in some of the CF options we boast.

Yea, good luck to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Sometimes, making a step-down with a view to stepping up do work out.
We see it with SADIQ UMAR and now we are seeing it with Ekong at Watford. That's football. Some things aren't scripted.

Would be really a sweet end to the season to see Our National team's Vice Captain gaining promotion to the EPL.

Don't mind Chriskels. I go wait for am for Afcon. Na we go break him Ivorian relatives' heart if dem dare cross our path. grin
As for Senegal, o boy, those ones dey highly strong with great depth. Country of Chris' concubines dem. Would surely be one of the favs for the title but time will tell. wink

Danielnino00:

The move was similar to Etebo to Stoke city,hence the doubts..

We thank God that it's eventually paying off..

When the AFCON starts, we might probably present the best star studded squad after Senegal and Morocco... Chriskels ivorian in-laws got nothing on us grin

Bookmarked for future references lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
Meanwhile, in La Liga Smartbank...

The battle of Ramon Azeez and Kelechi Nwakali was nice to watch in the middle.

FC Cartagena won 2-1 at home over Nwakali's Alcocorn.

Kelechi Nwakali delivered another very fine showing as usual in the game. In the 12th min, he went on a beautiful solo move beating three players from midfield to attack before unleashing a strike which was just inches wide. That moment of brilliance really shows a player who is really enjoying his football under a reborn state.
Nwakali played the whole 90mins+.

Ramon Azeez also was decent and just kept things simple. Getting into a few duels, winning balls and laying short passes to his more advanced teammates. He played 59mins.

Their stats performances below...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Bookmarked for future references lipsrsealed

My good man, bookmark it very well.

With Fullbacks, Ebuehi and Zaidu, I will manhandle your Ivorian relatives' Wingers and render them fruitless. Infact the speed, power and swift recovery prowess of Zaidu on the left and the Sweet technical balance and tactical discipline of Ebuehi in his position will ensure the perfect policing of Pepe, Amad Diallo, Zaha or any other winger your in-laws go unleash. grin
Thing is I could even use Aina at some point to come cause greater mayhem for your relatives' left back with his mesmerizing ambipedality. grin grin

In central defence I have the men to render Haller harmless and he will understand that just because his name is Haller doesn't make him similar to Haaland. grin grin

I need not speak of the other departments (Midfield and Attack) coz na dia my greatest weapons lie. Weapons that just cannot be stopped.

So Chris... Bookmark am well. Na we dey here!!!

Na Knockout we go give your wife's people... grin cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Ok. Are you sure he's looking to Naija, considering the depth we have already n that position. Well, he's still young.

It seems, the sister has left football though. Since she left, I never see fine girl for Super Falcons again grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
charlesemeka85:
na negative minded pple praying so hard that he dumps us for France or England and they will come up with the 'I told you guys' phrase grin

If Olise play for us we will all be happy

But some of us don’t like to asslick foreign born like most of you guys

Olise name for this thread no go fit pass ebere EZE own ,las las bow market ?

Tomori saka ,EZE wey never even cap for England don tire una

Una Dey value foreign born players too much

I won’t hail any of them till they play a competitive game for naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

My good man, bookmark it very well.

With Fullbacks, Ebuehi and Zaidu, I will manhandle your Ivorian relatives' Wingers and render them fruitless. Infact the speed, power and swift recovery prowess of Zaidu on the left and the Sweet technical balance and tactical discipline of Ebuehi in his position will ensure the perfect policing of Pepe, Amad Diallo, Zaha or any other winger your in-laws go unleash. grin
Thing is I could even use Aina at some point to come cause greater mayhem for your relatives' left back with his mesmerizing ambipedality. grin grin

In central defence I have the men to render Haller harmless and he will understand that just because his name is Haller doesn't make him similar to Haaland. grin grin

I need not speak of the other departments (Midfield and Attack) coz na dia my greatest weapons lie. Weapons that just cannot be stopped.

So Chris... Bookmark am well. Na we dey here!!!

Na Knockout we go give your wife's people... grin cool

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, in La Liga Smartbank...

The battle of Ramon Azeez and Kelechi Nwakali was nice to watch in the middle.

FC Cartagena won 2-1 at home over Nwakali's Alcocorn.

Kelechi Nwakali delivered another very fine showing as usual in the game. In the 12th min, he went on a beautiful solo move beating three players from midfield to attack before unleashing a strike which was just inches wide. That moment of brilliance really shows a player who is really enjoying his football under a reborn state.
Nwakali played the whole 90mins+.

Ramon Azeez also was decent and just kept things simple. Getting into a few duels, winning balls and laying short passes to his more advanced teammates. He played 59mins.

Their stats performances below...

Nwakali has all it takes to get back to reckoning soon. I just pray and hope he continues with his current form.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Emeka was swearing here and there that Eze would play for us grin grin

I have never talked about Olise on this thread because I'm not really into him..until he plays for us..
I don't buy into this idea of praising FBs to the high heavens like they carry some special super powers..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

I have never talked about Olise on this thread because I'm not really into him..until he plays for us..
I don't buy into this idea of praising FBs to the high heavens like they carry some special super powers..

Don’t mind emeka jare

I might not talk about Olise but i like him more than most guys ,he is even my name sake

Once he okay a competitive game for the eagles then he such me take Over
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ousmane dembele saved me tonight

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Which one is asslicking again? Is there anything wrong in the football federation going after players with dual citizenship? For you info it's natural and certain that we can't have them all and it's evident that few we managed to grab made the super eagles stronger

We re yet to get Eze and couldn't stop Tammy and tomori from the lure of the English but does that mean we couldn't get few such as ebuehi, Aina, ekong, balogun, aribo and retired Victor Moses?

Its not ass licking bro buh normal norms in football right from time immemorial. If the likes of Germany, France, Italy, Spain even our African Brothers like Morocco, civ, Senegal, Algeria etc have followed that route I see no reason we shouldn't tap from it as well

Mind you there is still possibilities that Eze may have a rethink in the nearest future and play for us same as olise can deside to rep the French as well

Atleast players like torunarigha and Akpoguma after turning us down later rescind their decisions.

We can't fold our arms and not tap from the system that is favoring other nations just because of stupid pride wey we no get

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

bro yo be honest I never knew the lad was hell bent on repping England but na his decision but all the same we never still lose am until he debuts for the English

The likes of Aina, ebuehi Moses and Akpoguma turned us down when first approached but the reverse was the case later

We haven't lost Eze until he debuts for the 3 lions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChrisKels:
i wanted to make a case for him few weeks ago buh for the fear of been tagged an asslicker I just respected myself

The boy is even currently linked to man untd, Everton and cska Moscow and his stats is one that shouldn't be ignored

It won't hurt if the nff reaches out to him before he gets cap tied by the US
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Chris, the U.S. can have him. With two caps for them already in friendlies, it's only a matter of time before he is capped competitively.

Oga leave this Simi talk abeg. We re talking of a 20 yr old here tearing the championship apart with goals and not only that linked with a move to top 6 epl sides

These are the type of talents we need for the future not these iroko trees we get as forwards of late (excluding osimhen) cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
charlesemeka85:
i wanted to make a case for him few weeks ago buh for the fear of been tagged an asslicker I just respected myself

The boy is even currently linked to man untd, Everton and cska Moscow and his stats is one that shouldn't be ignored

It won't hurt if the nff reaches out to him before he gets cap tied by the US

The USA have already got him on lock! He's a goner. Secondly, Rohr already has enough striking options in his crosshairs. I doubt the NFF and him will expend energy to pursue Dike. Besides, we have alternative striking options like Umar and Moffi who are already doing very well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Ousmane dembele saved me tonight
Uefalona cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Uefalona cheesy

If west ham or Liverpool make it to the champions league ahead of tucheliola boys

I go give you premium trolling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Never ridiculed Saka, I always acknowledged his great talent, and I loved him for his sincerity, but ain't hurt over him playing for England because I never saw and I don't see what he wouldda brought to our team but dept. Yes, I don't miss him

Na wa ooo. You can’t see what he would have brought to our team!? You don’t mean it! shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ppogbae:

The USA have already got him on lock! He's a goner. Secondly, Rohr already has enough striking options in his crosshairs. I doubt the NFF and him will expend energy to pursue Dike. Besides, we have alternative striking options like Umar and Moffi who are already doing very well.
Umar and Moffi good buh Simi and Onuachu if dem like mk dem score 100 goals for Serie A and Belgian league I no dey rate dem

Simi I don watch am tire and can't figure anything enticing in his game while I will only rate Onuachu when he leaves Belgium to a better league and continue his scoring streak
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If west ham or Liverpool make it to the champions league ahead of tucheliola boys

I go give you premium trolling
Shey Liverpool wey I dey ahead

Tule joor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ppogbae:

Why do u guys like to call it pursuing like it is something so serious. Give them a call and see where their head is at. It doesn't cost much to have a conversation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Nothing like hype. Olise and Eze are ballers and would add something to these team.

Some folks on here use "overhyped" to hide their bias against foreign born players too. It goes both ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
If Barcelona win the league this season Dembele has paid his transfer fee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
edi287:

Nothing like hype. Olise and Eze are ballers and would add something to these team.

Some folks on here use "overhyped" to hide their bias against foreign born players too. It goes both ways.

I won’t speak of any player till his competitive debut for the eagles

Na so all of una take hate Tammy for no reason

(1) (2) (3) ... (10448) (10449) (10450) (10451) (10452) (10453) (10454) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, M7even(m), Amedino99(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.