Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,124 members, 7,863,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950111 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10495) (10496) (10497) (10498) (10499) (10500) (10501) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2021
realpoacher:
Every of Our Homegrown Najia origin players komekn had insulted in the past are currently doing relatively well by painting the whole of Europe red with goals each weekend from Simy to Osimehn to Iheanacho to Sadiq to Moffi to Onuachu to Olayinka etc whereas all his init borough boys which he has been trying to force down our throats are currently no where to be found, many have been confirmed to be waste pipes strapped to the bench.

These are the supposed messiah of SE that were groomed in the very youth setup of the UK academy with exposure to foreign facilities, coaching and support yet they can't even cut it within their own familiar system. Please where is Josh Onomah?, Solanke? Eze?, Aderiabayo? And almighty Tammy Abraham?

From all evidences available before us, it shows that we in support of locally groomed players knows football very extensively and also knows what these guys are capable of doing and have been proven right but it also shows that sir komekn our resident in house Southgate knows absolutely nothing about football and even his so called English football specialty tag is false and as such he should shamefully tender an apology to the house,

He should be arrested henceforth whenever he comes here again to speak thrash against any of our players again...

For the mean time tho, may thunder fire him wherever he is for trying to cause division here in the past by poisoning our minds with his complete bias against our homegrown players

Does this mean you didn’t carry out your research well before asking the question in the bolded? shocked

Where is Onomah? He was out of the team due to injury

Since, you added Sadiq who is playing in Laliga 2 division then why mock Solanke? Solanke has scored 13 goals and had 9 assists already despite being out of the team for almost 2 months due to injury.

Where is Eze? Bhuhahahahahahahahha! Oga, Are you current at all? Eze has scored 3 goals and had 3 assists in the EPL. Let’s not forget he has 3 motm and he’s arguably the second best player in his team.

Adarabioyo what? Okay let me agree you are too busy, hence, you are not chanced to watch football.

Tammy Abraham has scored 12 goals and had 6 assists before he was injured.

Please, always get your facts right. Thanks

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2021
Kelechi Iheanacho "The Seniorman" still doing his thing.

Makes Sofascore EPL TOTW.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2021
geonyte:
azubiuke play is poor presently Desmond bane of Memphis is also during well presently

He hasn't been given many chances. I think Utah was just the wrong place for him because they already have a premier big in Rudy Gobert.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2021
Some of them might not even want to play for Nigeria at all.

BascoVanVeli:

Where will they play for if not Nigeria? They are stuck with us unless they move to another country and start the process.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

He hasn't been given many chances. I think Utah was just the wrong place for him because they already have a premier big in Rudy Gobert.

he was sent to the NBA G league for growth and he could not give a good account of himself but all hope is not lost yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure is being linked with Atalanta of Italy.

Very interesting.
Dennis again, always getting links on media.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2021
geonyte:
he was sent to the NBA G league for growth and he could not give a good account of himself but all hope is not lost yet

No definitely not. He just needs a chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:
So no Nigerian has ever scored more than 17 goals in a single season in Europe top league ? It’s shameful and we sabi make mouth say we get world class players grin

So it’s only yak that has scored 17 goals ? That guy deserves some respect

Simmy will surely get to 20 goals

Yekini scored 21 goals in the Portuguese Liga. Don’t forget Owobokiri scored 30 goals in the same league before him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2021
drDoom3:

Aribo is above Nwakali and Etebo.

Like play like joke, it will be very funny when you see Aribo playing for a team like Liverpool in few years time. He is English, so it will be easy for him to get clubs in EPL. Plus Gerrard connection. The guy is just too good. Quick feet, dribbling, finishing, decent passes, smart on the ball, left footed. We don't know what we have in that guy.

Aribo is only above Nwakali on the basis of his English privilege....nothing more.
Etebo is not a CM, they are using him wrongly.

An in form Nwakali is light years ahead of Aribo, this is so apparent.

Talking about Aribo, he is only a starting 11 on Rohr books. The boy flounders against African teams. He doesn't have stamina!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2021
Come to find out James Maddison, Perez and another player were dropped from the Leicester City squad because the broke Covid rules. That means Rodgers might have only left Iheanacho on the pitch out of necessity. Thank goodness KC took his chances. Now Rodgers is trapped grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Ehen... Ibiakwa... grin

I know say na only you go carry this matter for head pass me sef... cheesy grin

Indeed God is good man... Lol

I cheer players like Nwakali, Zuby and Mikel Agu because I know that these boys are better than some of the talents making headlines across Europe bit hardly had any luck. Hopefully they come good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2021
cc12:
Some of them might not even want to play for Nigeria at all.

Yes but we are used to hearing no in basketball. It doesn't hurt as much grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Come to find out James Maddison, Perez and another player were dropped from the Leicester City squad because the broke Covid rules. That means Rodgers might have only left Iheanacho on the pitch out of necessity. Thank goodness KC took his chances. Now Rodgers is trapped grin

What right does a coach have in stopping players from attending social activities/-parties. These are grown men who also have life outside football. They probably said to hell with you Rogers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owobokiri(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
forgiveness:

Yekini scored 21 goals in the Portuguese Liga. Don’t forget Owobokiri scored 30 goals in the same league before him.
I hear you....
I was banging in goals with Boavista those days before my younger brother, Yekini set foot at Setubal..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
I was so pissed when Rodgers removed KC during the Man city game. What made it so baffling was that a couple of minutes earlier before the substitution he was involved in creating a goal scoring chance for Tielemans which was blocked.

Ok you don't won't to remove Vardy fair enough but you then yack off your most in form striker leaving Perez who did almost nothing all game.

Even the commentators were surprised. I still have a sneaky feeling Brendan doesn't rate Iheanacho and he's just forced to play him due to KC's up swing in form and injuries to his 'golden boys'.

BascoVanVeli:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
IDENNAA:

Aribo is only above Nwakali on the basis of his English privilege....nothing more.
Etebo is not a CM, they are using him wrongly.

An in form Nwakali is light years ahead of Aribo, this is so apparent.

Talking about Aribo, he is only a starting 11 on Rohr books. The boy flounders against African teams. He doesn't have stamina!

This my oga self cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
IDENNAA:

I cheer players like Nwakali, Zuby and Mikel Agu because I know that these boys are better than some of the talents making headlines across Europe bit hardly had any luck. Hopefully they come good

They are not better and I mean no disrespect

Stop deceiving your self

You don’t rate zuby more than I even do

Just imagine Mikel agu ? Wetin that one Dey play

After we go Dey insult kome while you are even worst

Be bold and mention the talents these guys are better than

If zuby can be constitent at the starting line up of the Instanbul club then he can be called

If nwakali can play in Laliga then he can be called also

As for Mikel agu I have nothing to say

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
They were reckless. Their actions could have put the whole squad at risk of contacting covid-19.

IDENNAA:

What right does a coach have in stopping players from attending social activities/-parties. These are grown men who also have life outside football. They probably said to hell with you Rogers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

I hear you....
I was banging in goals with Boavista those days before my younger brother, Yekini set foot at Setubal..

Sir is that you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owobokiri(m): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Sir is that you grin
Original Owobokiri here..
The goal machine himself..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
IDENNAA:

All league players have to abide by those laws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisooblog:
I was so pissed when Rodgers removed KC during the Man city game. What made it so baffling was that a couple of minutes earlier before the substitution he was involved in creating a goal scoring chance for Tielemans which was blocked.

Ok you don't won't to remove Vardy fair enough but you then yack off your most in form striker leaving Perez who did almost nothing all game.

Even the commentators were surprised. I still have a sneaky feeling Brendan doesn't rate Iheanacho and he's just forced to play him due to KC's up swing in form and injuries to his 'golden boys'.

I have that feeling too but I just hope I am wrong and KC becomes a great under him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
forgiveness:

How many times will I tell you people to stop comparing farmers league to the big 3 Yoi can't compare scoring 21 league goals in Portuguese league to the epl or seria a
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisooblog:

After that Mancity game, I started to believe this a little.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I have already said we should break away from CAF grin if west African countries exit CAF the organization will die. Really Pinnick should take that idea to the next CAF meeting and put an end to theregional qualifying nonsense at the youth level.

BTW have u heard of Isaac Okoro on the Cleveland Cavs. Boy looks special

Can we also have a soccer player join the Tigers too? That Onuachu na Olajuwon 2.0 he suppose be o, e go be one of the tallest football players right now, afterall Peter Cech sha also played ice hockey too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don’t think he he rubbing anything on the face of Huesca coach ,no be today dem Dey loan player out

I hope he gets a chance there at Laliga next season as they are looking like they will survive relegation
lol!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

No definitely not. He just needs a chance
chances don't come easily in the NBA the little u get u make use of it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Former Nigerian defender, Obafemi Abiodun has urged Super Eagles winger, Samuel Chukwueze to be consistent with his play for both club and country.

Abiodun, who was part of the Dream Team 1 that won the Atlanta Olympic gold medal, told a Lagos-based radio station that he has never doubted the potential and talent of the Villarreal star.

He, however, appeal to the Nigerian international to show some level of consistency in a bid to take his game to the next level.

“Chukwueze hasn’t shown that brilliancy consistently, you will see one of his class today, the next time you will get disappointed by his form,” says Abiodun.

“Sometimes looking at the Chukwueze, I must confess I watched his game for both club and country, his talent is not in doubt but there are some things I want him to be doing that he is not doing,

“We want to see that brilliancy more often, you will see one now and you don’t know when you will see another so, it is the consistency that is lacking in his game. I remember in those days you wake me up in the middle of the night I will give you what you want, we are always consistent we will give you what you want .”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

They are not better and I mean no disrespect

Stop deceiving your self

You don’t rate zuby more than I even do

Just imagine Mikel agu ? Wetin that one Dey play

After we go Dey insult kome while you are even worst

Be bold and mention the talents these guys are better than

If zuby can be constitent at the starting line up of the Instanbul club then he can be called

If nwakali can play in Laliga then he can be called also

As for Mikel agu I have nothing to say

In this case , it's safe to say let's agree to disagree. You never like Zuby and Nwakali , and that much is known, hence , I don't expect you to make a fair and logical analysis of them.

And , in case you didn't know before Zuby got injured he was playing consistently and in UCL and Europa League but we all know you have a disease called selective amnisea.

You want Nwakali to play in laliga but Rohr kept inviting Shehu and Musa...for what ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
K.Nwakali is already top 3 in the Alcorcon team for Tackles per game stats at 1.4/game.

He is top 7 in the team for Interceptions per game at 1.2/game.

These numbers are a far cry from the numbers he picked up at Huesca before his loan move. This shows the lad is indeed improving on his marking and off-the-ball-movements and I also have the eye-test privilege of seeing all his games in La Liga Smartbank this season so far.

I need not mention his other stats reports. He has been Alcorcon's undisputed Best player since he joined them doing strong bits in both the offensive and defensive phases of the game.

So all this talk of Nwakali has to improve his marking is funny because he has been doing just that and just needs to be encouraged to keep it up and take the improvements even further.

You guys should please stop analysing Nwakali by your past knowledge of his plays when you have hardly watched him play recently. Watch him in the present and analyse correctly. Thank you.

Cc Chriskels (coz na you cause this talk). I have seen all his games so I know what I am talking about and the stats show this as well.

You can even check this thread (link dropped below) made about Nwakali by a Super Eagles stan account called @OptaSuperEagles

He really took his time and broke down everything on Nwakali at Alcorcon so far (prior to yesterday's game)...

Merci. cool

9 tackles out of 13 (from the sofascore rarings) is indicative of massive improvement from the Nwakali I use to know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
chrisooblog:

Na today...Rogers despise Iheanacho. It must hurt him to know that the African boy he rejected is pulling more weight than his "golden boys".....brendan ntooor!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
IDENNAA:

In this case , it's safe to say let's agree to disagree. You never like Zuby and Nwakali , and that much is known, hence , I don't expect you to make a fair and logical analysis of them.

And , in case you didn't know before Zuby got injured he was playing consistently and in UCL and Europa League but we all know you have a disease called selective amnisea.

You want Nwakali to play in laliga but Rohr kept inviting Shehu and Musa...for what ?

Lol i never liked zuby and nwakali? cheesy cheesy cheesy, na you get your wide mouth, both players that i havent said anything against them on this thread, i have even defended zuby when i was arguing with emeka sometime last year and even tbaba

I dont support musa and shehu being on the team okay, musa needs to get a club and be in top form

You want mikel agu, nwakali and zuby in the team at the expense of who?

This your reasoning wont change

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10495) (10496) (10497) (10498) (10499) (10500) (10501) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), Elohe001, Philosopher1979 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.