Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11718998 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10541) (10542) (10543) (10544) (10545) (10546) (10547) ... (16165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Go and sit down for bush grin .. Your club is broke.. You still owe us money for the Countinho transfer..
If premier league clubs decide to pull out, the whole thing will collapse .. Unless Papa Perez think he can pull out some magic grin

cheesy cheesy

Barca is still richer than you guys and remain the 2nd richest club in the world despite being broke tongue

How much we Dey owe una for Coutinho self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
You can't blame them for being in debt. They're not earning enough from the champions league to keep up with increasing expenses. Why is no one talking about the fact that UEFA does not tell how much they earn?

You forgot to add mismanagement..
In 2010, Liverpool was so broke that they almost went into administration..The club net worth was around 500m. Then FSG came,made major reforms and wig Klopp, we achieved so much while keeping the record books balanced.. We bought some players for huge amount and also sold some for much more than we bought them. That's proper management..
Look at Barca, they are paying Messi over 500k per week and still begging him to stay, not to mention the millions they have spent on Neymar replacements..
When clubs don't manage their finance well,they are bound to run into debts..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Barca is still richer than you guys and remain the 2nd richest club in the world despite being broke tongue

How much we Dey owe una for Coutinho self

Most valuable club with the largest debt burden..lol..
You are owing up to €40m for Countinho..
Pay up before we change it for una grin
We have Micheal Edwards in charge in case you have forgotten.. He might just ask you to bring Ansu Fati in exchange for that debt grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Most valuable club with the largest debt burden..lol..
You are owing up to €40m for Countinho..
Pay up before we change it for una grin
We have Micheal Edwards in charge in case you have forgotten.. He might just ask you to bring Ansu Fati in exchange for that debt grin

We are not paying anything

Coutinho might not play for Barca again so we go escape the IGBESE cheesy

Ansu fati is going no where grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

In 2010, Liverpool was so broke that they almost went into administration..The club net worth was around 500m. Then FSG came,made major reforms and wig Klopp, we achieved so much while keeping the record books balanced.. We bought some players for huge amount and also sold some for much more than we bought them. That's proper management..
Look at Barca, they are paying Messi over 500k per week and still begging him to stay, not to mention the millions they have spent on Neymar replacements..

Messi is more than 500k weekly

Griezman is about 420k
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

We are not paying anything

Coutinho might not play for Barca again so we go escape the IGBESE cheesy

Ansu fati is going no where grin

We have already sold the debt to a financial institution anyway...so we arent bothered.. The financial institution in question is how problem now..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Bournemouth winger Arnaut Danjuma is considering his International future, with Nigeria keen to secure his services.

Danjuma, 24, has played for the Netherlands twice at senior level.

The Cherries star featured in a UEFA Nations League game against Germany and scored in a friendly against Belgium.

A new rule approved by FIFA in September means players can switch nations, if they have played no more than three competitive games prior to them turning 21.

The Sun last month claimed Danjuma would be able to represent Nigeria. Danjuma was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and Nigerian mother.

And the Cherries forward revealed the Super Eagles may be “interested” if he continues to be overlooked by Holland.

He said: “I’ve heard some bits about Nigeria but I can’t say too much about it though.

“My mum is Nigerian and my father lived 23 years in Nigeria as well.

“The culture is still within the family, so it’s not disregard for the Nigerian side. It’s a choice I will think about but I need some time, obviously.

“I think they are interested but obviously I play for the Dutch national team already, I scored for the national team already, so I’ve made that decision.

“With the choice, I would like to represent Holland as well but then again I’m not being called up at the moment.

“So on the back of that, maybe I need to make some decisions.

“I’ve played for Holland at senior level. One cap in the Nations League and one against Belgium but that wasn’t an official match. They have changed the rules so, if you have one cap, you can still change.

“It isn’t a decision I can make just in a split second. I need to think about it.

“To be fair the club is the most important thing for me at the moment.

“I just want to make sure the club gets back into the Premier League and whatever happens with the national team that’s secondary to me to be honest.”
Ogbeni geddifok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If he is a striker I would have agreed with you but to be sincere he is needed as a winger

My point below

We have good strikers like osimhen onauchu simmy moffi but sadiq from division 2 who was doing well Was needed, you guys said he offers something different ,maybe that’s why rohr called him up for our last qualifiers before he was pulled out due to club commitment

We have Samuel kalu ,Moses Simon ,Chuks ,ejuke and you think we don’t need danjuma ?

Having a danjuma on the right wing and a chuks on the left is not bad
He's not good enough and he's just coming for the game time not because he loves to
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
Stephen Odey scores

Stephen Odey came off the bench today on 72 mins, bagged a yellow on 80mins and bagged the third goal for his side, Amiens SC on 90+4mins to round off a 3-1 win over Valenciennes to take them up to 9th in French Ligue 2.

It was his 4th league goal in 23 games (13 starts).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
Yeah. I can guess how happy you are now. Lol grin

Man City and Chelsea are pulling out. Ceferin (UEFA president) is happy again. Liverpool's Jordan Henderson leading by fine example. Like my good man Chrisooblog said, it's like "Avengers assemble" against Perez and the ESL idea.

Honestly, looks like Uefa, the players and the fans' voices are winning this Battle afterall.

And yeah... I'm doing great. Thank you smiley

DrLikita12:

I saw it later on, you were correct.
Hope you're doing well

I'm also happy to see other clubs pulling out cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I just did Mikel's top 5 super Eagles goals for any who want to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbwplJVDkw

My Man! Thanks for this Odogwu clip. Without checking, I already guessed his goal against Uruguay at the FIFA Confederations Cup was included. And that goal vs Zimbabwe was the day Mikel announced himself properly in the Super Eagles fold. His first goal in the GWG (bagged an assist that day too from a beautifully taken cornerkick). The day the prince showed he could take over the mantle of the master, Okocha in our midfield. That he did and delivered Afcon Glory for us alongside a fine cast of hardworking and talented players in 2013.

I wish you could come up with the highlights of Mikel's UCL final performance vs Bayern Munich because a lot of people here don't seem to understand his massive impact that day in Chelsea's midfield that won them the trophy. They only remember and talk about Drogba. Fans most times only see the superficial (Goals and assists) but ignore other intricate details of key performances by other key players. Mikel delivered a masterclass showing that day and this thread needs to be reminded of such Class. A performance that won the UCL title. No African midfielder in recent times have achieved same in a UCL final.

Beautiful post again Marvellous one. Well done. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
If halland join Chelsea he will be lucky to get 20 goals a season , chelsea only pass the ball around in their own half

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
He will be gone by end of the year. That's the development. But yeah, he is surely on his way out.

Danielnino00:
Chelsea and City about to pull out . Ed Woodward resigned! grin

Super League going down the drain grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Meanwhile, Our Super Eagles Vice Captain, William Troost Ekong, is definitely going to the EPL. Watford beat already promoted Norwich 1-0 away from home today to move within just one more point of securing automatic promotion.

Ekong for EPL. What a journey it has been. The risk of making the step down from Serie A to the English Championship has indeed paid off. 3 games to go for Ekong and Watford in the Championship.

Pic Courtesy: @EaglesTrackerNG

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, Our Super Eagles Vice Captain, William Troost Ekong, is definitely going to the EPL. Watford beat already promoted Norwich 1-0 away from home today to move within just one more point of securing automatic promotion.

Ekong for EPL. What a journey it has been. The risk of making the step down from Serie A to the English Championship has indeed paid off. 3 games to go for Ekong and Watford in the Championship.

not just Ekong, but Success too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Why is Andrea Agnelli confused, in less than 3 days he has resigned as European Club Association (ECA) President and now he has resigned as Juventus President
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Just 1 point and they are there right ?

This is good news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Gbamsolutely. Too much money ain't enough money is the case of these broke clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
isan:
If halland join Chelsea he will be lucky to get 20 goals a season , chelsea only pass the ball around in their own half

cheesy wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2021
Okay, so it's done. The European Super League project is suspended.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd leaving the ESL after Man City took the first step from England.
Italian sides following suit also. The Milan clubs have pulled out.

The ESL lived a short life yet caused more uproar than most who have lived longer. Lol... Rest in pieces. grin

3.5 billion out the window.... Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25am On Apr 21, 2021
It's done. It's "official". It's dead for now.

DrLikita12, you can smile more now. wink

Andrewbaba44, go find money elsewhere to finish paying up Danielnino00's Liverpool for Coutinho or you go sidon for bush. grin

Neobullettzz and other Chelsea fans, sorry ooo... No 3.5billion Euros package for una. To get Haaland, una need get the money straight from Abramovich. grin

Arsenal fans. At least, now you have been spared the inevitability of finishing bottom of one of the two ESL groups. I mean... Think about it. Who una wan beat for that league apart from Spurs?? Lol grin

Anyway, Proper football is back and the UEFA Champions League reforms will kick in by 2024 obviously or even sooner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd leaving the ESL after Man City took the first step from England.

The ESL lived a short life yet caused more uproar than most who have lived longer. Lol... Rest in pieces. grin

I felt it was good for football. It just didn't fall in favor with public opinion.

I'm sure it will still make a return, in a slightly adjusted way. Change is the only constant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Andrewbaba44, go find money elsewhere to finish paying up Danielnino00's Liverpool for Coutinho or you go sidon for bush. grin

Neobullettzz and other Chelsea fans, sorry ooo... No 3.5billion Euros package for una. To get Haaland, una need get the money straight from Abramovich. grin

Arsenal fans. At least, now you have been spared the inevitability of finishing bottom of one of the two ESL groups. I mean... Think about it. Who una wan beat for that league apart from Spurs?? Lol grin

Anyway, Proper football is back and the UEFA Champions League reforms will kick in by 2024 obviously or even sooner.

Abramovich cover us baba

Andrewbaba44 make una come borrow money from Abramovich so una go pay una debt grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Abramovich cover us baba

Andrewbaba44 make una come borrow money from Abramovich so una go pay una debt grin grin
na Dangote we go run to lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2021
JayromWrites:

Free that one.. Na confirm ass.lick.er

How many central defenders for premier league dey physical?

And how many of them will survive a brawl with pepe

As old as you are you dey type rubbish, you and Andrew I. o know wetin dey do una. no league is more physical than the epl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

cheesy cheesy

This is funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

My Man! Thanks for this Odogwu clip. Without checking, I already guessed his goal against Uruguay at the FIFA Confederations Cup was included. And that goal vs Zimbabwe was the day Mikel announced himself properly in the Super Eagles fold. His first goal in the GWG (bagged an assist that day too from a beautifully taken cornerkick). The day the prince showed he could take over the mantle of the master, Okocha in our midfield. That he did and delivered Afcon Glory for us alongside a fine cast of hardworking and talented players in 2013.

I wish you could come up with the highlights of Mikel's UCL final performance vs Bayern Munich because a lot of people here don't seem to understand his massive impact that day in Chelsea's midfield that won them the trophy. They only remember and talk about Drogba. Fans most times only see the superficial (Goals and assists) but ignore other intricate details of key performances by other key players. Mikel delivered a masterclass showing that day and this thread needs to be reminded of such Class. A performance that won the UCL title. No African midfielder in recent times have achieved same in a UCL final.

Beautiful post again Marvellous one. Well done. cool

Thanks buddy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah. I can guess how happy you are now. Lol grin

Man City and Chelsea are pulling out. Ceferin (UEFA president) is happy again. Liverpool's Jordan Henderson leading by fine example. Like my good man Chrisooblog said, it's like "Avengers assemble" against Perez and the ESL idea.

Honestly, looks like Uefa, the players and the fans' voices are winning this Battle afterall.

And yeah... I'm doing great. Thank you smiley

grin
Good to hear you're doing well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2021
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
grin
why nacho no dey close him mouth undecided

Who knows how many flies Nigga don consumes sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:54am On Apr 21, 2021
seankafor:
why nacho no dey close him mouth undecided

Who knows how many flies Nigga don consumes sad

Will u date him if he closes his mouth That one no concern u oga

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Perez partially succeeded in getting UEFA to bend over for the big teams.
The PR war was interesting no lie...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10541) (10542) (10543) (10544) (10545) (10546) (10547) ... (16165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), elyte89, twentyk(m), victornoah(m), lovewins, Napoleon55(m), opes, PDPGuy, KpagoGIN(m), kendrick9(m), immobilare(m), ddone, kingphilip(m), do4luv14(m), Marjoribanks, hatakekakashi and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.