Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11881943 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10588) (10589) (10590) (10591) (10592) (10593) (10594) ... (16254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:22am On Apr 28, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Honestly 50m seems very reasonable to buy back Iheanacho. I don't see why man city won't buy him back this summer. Even if it is to make a profit in the transfer market.

Does he adapt well as a lone striker? is he good with his passing? (man city tiki taka style). Or you just want to say something. There are a lot to be considered, have you ever thought of it this way, he has been adapting and learning from vardy and Leicester (with their yeye football style) all these years after leaving a team that built him from the academy with a different style. not true? then go and tell pep who he should sign "even if it's to make profit"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:24am On Apr 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
I foresee Moffi moving any of psg, Marseille, lyon, dortmund or Milan next summer

Please help me "foresee" where I will end up too as a pro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:25am On Apr 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Liam Delap

Can a second team player lead the frontline at city ?

For next season, he can. moreover, pep used him during the pre season and he showed class, so it's very possible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:36am On Apr 28, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I don't think there is much Rodgers has done lately for Iheanacho's form but it is clear he has made Iheanacho more conscious with using of space.

Old Iheanacho used to like going into tight spaces and expecting his team mates to pass to him.

This makes it hard for his teammates to make the choice because of it being compact. Also even if he gets the ball, it will be too tight to finish.

This time, Nacho does more with spaces. Spots the gaps and attacks with Vernon.

You can see the gap for the crystal goal. His noticing of it and attacking it spurred Jonny Evans to go for the pass.

When he got the ball, he moved the ball to space before unleashing the shot.

Iheanacho also dropping deep repeatedly to win and distribute the ball also makes it difficult for defenders to pick him up. They are always running to track him, which works in his favor.

Good analysis, but don't forget that he's flourishing so well because of the partnership with vardy which makes it hard for defenders to pick any of them out easily.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 2:08am On Apr 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
I also rate Siasia over Kanu as far as the super eagles is concerned.

Let me give you a stat. Do you know that Kanu in 9 senior international tournaments has failed to score a single goal, zilch, zero, odo!

Siasia scored more goals for Nigeria than Kanu in lesser games.

No be everything you will rely on dstv or highlights. Do your research on a player to really appreciate what people are saying. Just because I wasn't born to see someone like Puskas play doesn't give me the right to say Van Persie was better for example.

Siasia had 4 goals more than kanu (16-12) in lesser games but Kanu did not only score, he gave crucial assists.

I grew up into a family that loved and cherished the game, Siasia was hardly praised by the older people in my fam. but I did not only watch kanu play, I also heard, and loved him. I was honest enough to say I didn't watch Siasia, but did you? or your research help you, and you dey use am school me. Lol you're funny you know. if you research make u dey rate Siasia ahead of papilo for SE then na rubbish you dey talk senior man.
no be oyibo give am "Papilo", and for the fact say him be house hold name, I no rate you and your research. well u said it's your opinion, but I dey vex sey u dey tell me about research, with DStv and highlight. I guess you got your accolades from the number of likes your comment got.
infact, your example did no corelate with the subject. Puskas and RVP? well puskas played in the era where football wasn't as serious, business and valuable as it is now (please correct me house), coupled with the organization of the league and games and also rules. They're even from different teams. from your assertion,you should rate Pele also ahead of Cristiano. no forget sey when Ronaldo beat Pele record, stats begin fly around. so that said, even as an award was named after puskas, you already know who I rate. RVP was so reliable that he featured for the Netherlands in 100+ caps. no come whine me next time about research again. I drop pen for here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:14am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Does he adapt well as a lone striker? is he good with his passing? (man city tiki taka style). Or you just want to say something. There are a lot to be considered, have you ever thought of it this way, he has been adapting and learning from vardy and Leicester (with their yeye football style) all these years after leaving a team that built him from the academy with a different style. not true? then go and tell pep who he should sign "even if it's to make profit"

So you look Iheanacho finish and conclude that he can't do Gabriel Jesus' job That's ridiculous.

That aside, why wouldn't man city bring Iheanacho back to at least make a profit? Are they allergic to money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 2:24am On Apr 28, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So you look Iheanacho finish and conclude that he can't do Gabriel Jesus' job That's ridiculous.

That aside, why wouldn't man city bring Iheanacho back to at least make a profit? Are they allergic to money

I didn't conclude sir, but come to think of it, why was Gabriel preferred in the first place? shey oyinbo dey find potential first for any young player before anything else. I mean, they're mates, started professionally in 2015. Gabriel has over 70 goals (as a lone striker o), while seniorman just became seniorman recently . and then, Aguero and Gabriel are not even regulars. which means pep can do without "iheanacho" or any striker and that will make u mad as a Nigerian seeing him warm all the benches in the epl. sho get?
they're not even allergic to money, but man city don't buy to sell later "if they rate you". be like sey na tradition to dry their players off their talents lol, so what profit are we talking sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:34am On Apr 28, 2021
jihday:
Chuks? Iwobi? The Simons?
. I understand where you are coming from. Playing Nacho,Victor and Moffi together at the same time is kinda risky. The midfield need to be solid that is why I picked Ndidi , Etebo and Nwakali will be my first pick. Simon and Chuks will only come in if you're playing either Moffi or Victor on the wing. But as a two forwards with Nacho behind them, the FB will have to provide the width which may expose the defence. Now, with the two fullbacks overlapping, Ndidi will hold the midfield with Etebo providing defensive support while also contributing in attack. Nwakali will be the deeplying playmaker. I know two o the midfielders are far from the first eleven right now bit I couldn't think of any suitable personnel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:35am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Different teams, different packaging. Kano pillars celebrate Musa like 33 instead of Legend
Lol...Very poor unveiling especially considering Musa 's status.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:37am On Apr 28, 2021
Arabiandude:

That would make it 2 midfielders if Iheanacho is to play as a 10(AM).
Ndidi as DM, Aribo as CM and Iwobi will be drafted to the right wing, Chukwueze playing his usual left wing while Osimhen and Moffi strikes.
Oh..I thought both will be playing as forwards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:39am On Apr 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Why will I calm down when Chelsea is winning Madrid 3-0
Lol...you and Chelsea eh. Assuming your son is to sign for Chelsea one day, you fit block am? Your hate for Chelsea no be here o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:41am On Apr 28, 2021
edi287:

Peruzzi oo cheesy grin grin
grin grin ... I once heard some people called Lewandowski omolewa indaboski ..I thought that was funny but this one crack me up eh...Ayomide Peruzzi grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 2:42am On Apr 28, 2021
mostob:
Lol...Very poor unveiling especially considering Musa 's status.

and also considering that he's helping the league (well they're helping him too). SE captain, plus he's Musa o, even in Kano where they know who "Musa" is Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:46am On Apr 28, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:48am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

and also considering that he's helping the league (well they're helping him too). SE captain, plus he's Musa o, even in Kano where they know who "Musa" is Lol
And also a world cup hero for that matter grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 2:50am On Apr 28, 2021
mostob:
And also a world cup hero for that matter grin

A world cup record holder

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:13am On Apr 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
I foresee Moffi moving any of psg, Marseille, lyon, dortmund or Milan next summer

grin grin grin grin grin....u foresee.. Even d transfer rumours u dey sure of Neva happen,na d foreseen ones go kan happen? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:52am On Apr 28, 2021
mostob:
. I understand where you are coming from. Playing Nacho,Victor and Moffi together at the same time is kinda risky. The midfield need to be solid that is why I picked Ndidi , Etebo and Nwakali will be my first pick. Simon and Chuks will only come in if you're playing either Moffi or Victor on the wing. But as a two forwards with Nacho behind them, the FB will have to provide the width which may expose the defence. Now, with the two fullbacks overlapping, Ndidi will hold the midfield with Etebo providing defensive support while also contributing in attack. Nwakali will be the deeplying playmaker. I know two o the midfielders are far from the first eleven right now bit I couldn't think of any suitable personnel.
Nwakali won't provide the final balls, the type that the strikers still need to feed on. This your formation no fit work we need an AM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:59am On Apr 28, 2021
mostob:
Oh..I thought both will be playing as forwards.

Iheanacho best quality is his Finishing meaning that you cannot place him as a 10, he needs to be upfront scoring.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:51am On Apr 28, 2021
elyte89:

Mbjane says hi grin grin grin grin

Who is that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:53am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

To beat Madrid na luck? how were you not lucky twice? and why are you not in the semis? no dey hate, bet your game and sleep, banter no be to dey talk things wey no weigh at all.

Shut up your mouth if you don’t understand that pidgin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2021
12large1:

Iheanacho best quality is his Finishing meaning that you cannot place him as a 10, he needs to be upfront scoring.

That's why Barca use Messi upfront. shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

please be honest, did you watch Siasia play?
yes I did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:30am On Apr 28, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Siasia had 4 goals more than kanu (16-14) in lesser games but Kanu did not only score, he gave crucial assists.

I grew up into a family that loved and cherished the game, Siasia was hardly praised by the older people in my fam. but I did not only watch kanu play, I also heard, and loved him. I was honest enough to say I didn't watch Siasia, but did you? or your research help you, and you dey use am school me. Lol you're funny you know. if you research make u dey rate Siasia ahead of papilo for SE then na rubbish you dey talk senior man.
no be oyibo give am "Papilo", and for the fact say him be house hold name, I no rate you and your research. well u said it's your opinion, but I dey vex sey u dey tell me about research, with DStv and highlight. I guess you got your accolades from the number of likes your comment got.
infact, your example did no corelate with the subject. Puskas and RVP? well puskas played in the era where football wasn't as serious, business and valuable as it is now (please correct me house), coupled with the organization of the league and games and also rules. They're even from different teams. from your assertion,you should rate Pele also ahead of Cristiano. no forget sey when Ronaldo beat Pele record, stats begin fly around. so that said, even as an award was named after puskas, you already know who I rate. RVP was so reliable that he featured for the Netherlands in 100+ caps. no come whine me next time about research again. I drop pen for here.
All this shalaye because you know you goofed. Kanu gave assists yen yen yen but no single senior tournament goal, no trophy for Nigeria and you want me to take you seriously? please I no get your time. nice day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 7:53am On Apr 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I will take you serious when pulisic have the achievement of Isaac Cuenca

Ansu fati has been injured for months but pulisic haven’t scored more league goals than him cheesy cheesy
e choke ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2021
I see someone apologizing to GoodJoe on Iheanacho soaking. Soaking what exactly ? All he needed was game time. A good run of games in a position he thrives in with a partner in Jamie Vardy and a manager who believes in him. All soaking of knowledge is not enough. That's what every player does in training. You still need game time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2021
Oldboss:
e choke ooo

E restrict airflow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
All this shalaye because you know you goofed. Kanu gave assists yen yen yen but no single senior tournament goal, no trophy for Nigeria and you want me to take you seriously? please I no get your time. nice day

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2021
BLUE TIGERS OF OGBOMOSHO
Tamunotonye22:

Please help me "foresee" where I will end up too as a pro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2021
mostob:
I hate it when you people keep mentioning Etebo. That man has nothing to offer. He is a carpenter not a pro footballer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
BLUE TIGERS OF OGBOMOSHO

Thank you sir, I'm really grateful. If there's any team like that, then I should be relocating to lag soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10588) (10589) (10590) (10591) (10592) (10593) (10594) ... (16254) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.