Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11789797 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10729) (10730) (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:19pm On May 25, 2021
Subzero047:

How can you test the strikers when there is no midfield to create grin

E tire me oooo

Later, guys go talk say Onuachu is trash

You pack DM go play match and you expect to score goal

Many people eye go soon clear

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:25pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

E tire me oooo

Later, guys go talk say Onuachu is trash

You pack DM go play match and you expect to score goal

Many people eye go soon clear

grin This will not be a good match to evaluate our strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2021
His best shot international football
andrewbaba44:

Okay Reece James is there

Dude should go and play for Congo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:35pm On May 25, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
All of you shouting Rohr this and that, make una calm down use head small. the logic is clear, we have five strikers performing. Rohr is simply trying to find the best combination of strikers for the upcoming qualifers. Aribo is already a solid team member, he will definitely be part of our qualifers. We need to use this friendly opportunity to test the strikers and determine who will not follow into the qualifiers, simple. If Rohr no give Simmy chance now, you people will still cry.
Talmabout 'we need midfielders who can supply killer passes', if I say mention 1 now they won't be able to mention any better name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2021
Tomori should swallow his pride and change his allegiance to Nigeria. He would be Nigeria's best centreback by a mile, a perfect replacement for an aging Leon Balogun in the future, starting for AC Milan isn't beans and AC Milan wants to signing him permanently.

chrisooblog:
Tomori not in the provincial squad of England for Euro 2020 despite a stellar season with AC Milan. I know it's a long shot but can't the NFF change his mind? because if they don't think you are good enough when the likes of Ben Godfrey, Ben White and Conor Coady are in the team then it speaks to how they rate him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2021
isan:
Wan bissaka should better have sense and play for Congo
Same as inaki Williams for Ghana

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2021
Subzero047:

How can you test the strikers when there is no midfield to create grin
Iwobi? Iheanacho? Wingers? Creativity doesn't always have to be from the midfield, scoring goals have never been a problem for us under Rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2021
Lucque:
Nigeria will never be better..

Because Nigerians are very terrible people.

Someone is caught red handed receiving bribe and banned for a year, nd yet some people are saying "is he the first to do it"??.

A coach is being owed his salary for months..nd what some people are saying is if he doesn't like he should quit....like seriously...if dat was you or your father would you say that??

Keshi' name has been coming up left right centre on issues nd allegations of bribery nd favoritism....instead of calls for proper investigation una dey shout dnt speak ill of the dead,...why? Because he won one afcon....nd he is a national hero.....

Until we realise that the right thing should be done irrespective of who is hurt or who benefits...we will never improve.....

I am pretty sure that the Nff has a huge hand in the level of manipulations in the recent lists.....when they were changing terms in rohrs contract I mentioned that these men will see us regress back to the days wen selection is based on how much you have or whom you know.....well now we are here...let's live with it....everyday wailing everyday crying.. cool

Don't say some people, it was ME who said it.

U are happy to say the NFF is manipulating Rohr's list but u have the nerves to ask for an investigation to be opened on a dead man Of course u won't mention allegations against Amokachi because it gets in the way of u demonizing the big boss.

Wasn't Stephen Keshi owed money when he was leading Nigeria to AFCON success and the second round of a world cup Was Siasia not owed money when he won two Olympic medals for Nigeria? Manu Garba nko? Owed money. Emmanuel Amunike Owed money. So basically you are saying u have to be trophyless and white before we have any pity for you. Ridiculous.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:07pm On May 25, 2021
Subzero047:

grin This will not be a good match to evaluate our strikers

abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2021
Imagine Senior man got as much time as harry kane

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U are happy to say the NFF is manipulating Rohr's list but u have the nerves to ask for an investigation to be opened on a dead man Of course u won't mention allegations against Amokachi because it gets in the way of u demonizing the big boss.

Wasn't Stephen Keshi owed money when he was leading Nigeria to AFCON success and the second round of a world cup Was Siasia not owed money when he won two Olympic medals for Nigeria? Manu Garba nko? Owed money. Emmanuel Amunike Owed money. So basically you are saying u have to be trophyless and white before we have any pity for you. Ridiculous.

Bros.. I dey gbadu your analysis and Youtube clips all the time, but this time, you got it all wrong. It is high time we stop promoting mediocrity in this country! So, because previous coaches were owed wages and they still performed well, we should now think it's alright for anyone to be owed salaries even when you clearly signed a legal binding contract with them?? It's not right bro.. Things has to change.. Why would any top coach manage our national team ? When we have an history of not fullfilling our own part of the contract angry

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:21pm On May 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That's what the Docs at Villarreal are doing their best to ensure hence he was rested against Real Madrid.
But I cannot give a sure answer because his injury (rectus femoris injury - Quads strain) comes in grades.
If Chuks suffered Level 1 Quadriceps strain then I expect he could make the bench (at best) tomorrow. But if he suffered Level two or three, then he could be ruled out tomorrow.

Time will tell.

He travelled with the team so I guess he should be able to play a part
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
All of you shouting Rohr this and that, make una calm down use head small. the logic is clear, we have five strikers performing. Rohr is simply trying to find the best combination of strikers for the upcoming qualifers. Aribo is already a solid team member, he will definitely be part of our qualifers. We need to use this friendly opportunity to test the strikers and determine who will not follow into the qualifiers, simple. If Rohr no give Simmy chance now, you people will still cry.
So na only solid combination of strikers eh need, so eh no fit try solid combination of midfielders
I hear u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2021
What is Ozornwafor doing in super eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 4:01pm On May 25, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Firstly,if anyone has allegations levelled against him irrespective of his position or status(alive or dead),the right thing is an investigation to set things right and the record straight, i believe amokachi should also be investigated, I only mentioned the one where ppl responded in the wrong manner, I never said keshi should be the only one investigated for any possible wrongdoing.....

Secondly...Keshia was owed yes...does that make it ok to owe the next coach..??.if he is being owed then instead of saying....ppl b4 him were owed so its nothing new, would it not be better to raise dust and make noise abt the problem...??.my issue is with how we try to normalize abnormalities by saying it's how it has always been, so let's continue that way..

If you would allow yourself to remove bias when reading you would have seen that I didn't mention any am since we all fall short one way or another...if its wrong it's wrong basco....its one man today,it will be another tomorrow, if u dnt fix the problem....the next time you want to make this comment the list of ppl being owed will be doubled....you are a very smart person so I believe you should understand where I am coming from.

Enof said

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:09pm On May 25, 2021
Tomori, Abraham, Adarabioyo didn't make England's provisional squad

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:10pm On May 25, 2021
Ben White and Conor Coady made it by the way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:11pm On May 25, 2021
Subzero047:
Tomori, Abraham, Adarabioyo didn't make England's provisional squad

Saka made the squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 4:11pm On May 25, 2021
Subzero047:
Saka, Tomori, Abraham didn't make England's provisional squad

I understand Tammy's exclusion but saka nd tomori hav both had ample playing time nd put in decent showings....so why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:12pm On May 25, 2021
Lucque:

I understand Tammy's exclusion but saka nd tomori hav both had ample playing time nd put in decent showings....so why?

Saka made the squad, it's a mistake

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:18pm On May 25, 2021
Congrats to Saka on making the provisional squad. I pray to Jehovah that he does not get dropped for the final list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2021
Time will tell. The Villarreal medics have been working round the clock on him ahead of this Final so we will see. My guess is he starts from the bench. I don't expect he plays from the start.

jihday:
He travelled with the team so I guess he should be able to play a part

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2021
I think he will be topping the list of the dropped 7. But time will tell as always. June 1st is just one week away.

Ppogbae:
Congrats to Saka on making the provisional squad. I pray to Jehovah that he does not get dropped for the final list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2021
Gattuso has been confirmed and officially announced as Fiorentina's New coach. So Osimhen will be facing him in Serie A next season.

On Napoli's new coach search, I have seen reports quotes attributed to ADL denying contacts with Sergio Conceicao but admits that his agent, Jorge Mendes is a close pal and proposed 3-4 coaches to him (ADL). He said the New Napoli coach will be revealed in a week or so. We wait.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2021
Well, until Lookman is cleared to play for us, Squawka won't be getting the memo yet. wink

Lookman had the most completed take-ons in Europe Top 5 leagues among "English" players.

At least, he scored some goals too and bagged some assists to differentiate himself from Mr Take-on-but-little-end-product, Adama Traore grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2021
1realBobby:

Bros.. I dey gbadu your analysis and Youtube clips all the time, but this time, you got it all wrong. It is high time we stop promoting mediocrity in this country! So, because previous coaches were owed wages and they still performed well, we should now think it's alright for anyone to be owed salaries even when you clearly signed a legal binding contract with them?? It's not right bro.. Things has to change.. Why would any top coach manage our national team ? When we have an history of not fullfilling our own part of the contract angry

I said what I said.

Enyimba's coach has not been paid salary either but when they lost I didn't hear anyone ask how he has been feeding. When u guys start shouting for Nigerians like you do the white man I will totally be in support.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2021
Edgar Davids mentioned Finidi George twice in two attributes when asked to create his Ultimate Player.

He picked only from the Great Ajax teams he played for.

We all know this but it must be said again that Finidi "World Class" George was truly special.

Link here:
https://twitter.com/EuropaLeague/status/1397158175493734403?s=19

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:54pm On May 25, 2021
cc12:
Tomori should swallow his pride and change his allegiance to Nigeria. He would be Nigeria's best centreback by a mile, a perfect replacement for an aging Leon Balogun in the future, starting for AC Milan isn't beans and AC Milan wants to signing him permanently.

Is this still possible?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2021
Onuachu primed to pick a third personal award in Belgium

Ebere Paul Onuachu has also been nominated (not a surprise really) for the Ebony Shoe award in Belgium (Award given to the best African Player or Best player of African descent in Belgium).

Other contenders: Theo Bongonda (KRC Genk), Albert Sambi Lokonga (Anderlecht), Lukas Nmecha (Anderlecht), Clinton Mata (Club Brugges).

So come June 7, the winner will he officially announced but I am sure we all agree Onuachu will bag that one by a landslide. wink

Finishing 7th in the European Golden Shoe Rankings and being the Only African in the Top 10 of the Golden Shoe Rankings for 20/21 makes him Africa's topmost striker and goals lord in Europe right now.

Congrats again in Advance, Onuachu. The Lord of Belgium.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2021
Nope. Dude is no longer eligible for us.

nelszx:

Is this still possible?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2021
chrisooblog:
Tomori not in the provincial squad of England for Euro 2021 despite a stellar season with AC Milan. I know it's a long shot but can't the NFF change his mind? because if they don't think you are good enough when the likes of Ben Godfrey, Ben White and Conor Coady are in the team then it speaks to how they rate him.
tomori had an incredible season with AC Milan that he even benched their captain; I was surprised but happy to know that he wasn't selected.
This is the best time for the NFF to convince him to pledge allegiance to nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:59pm On May 25, 2021
isan:
Wan bissaka should better have sense and play for Congo
That #2 slot for england is loaded, Walker, Reece james, tripper, alex Arnold, wan bissaka and even Lamptey. We can say Walker and tripper are old but that leaves 4 very young ones. Bissaka and Lamptey should think very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10729) (10730) (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.