Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709676 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10782) (10783) (10784) (10785) (10786) (10787) (10788) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That means we shouldn't respect any professional in Nigeria because they sure don't have the same training and learning environment as those abroad. Let's just blow up the country and start afresh.

Maybe some of us hate on these guys because they are enjoying their local careers more than us. The hate for the local player seems like a spawn of jealousy.
The bolded above is why I don't engage in discussion online.. not your first time. Kindly free your heart from this trouble of insecurity. Always endeavour to always have a clean discourse eschew of negativity. I am only against the corrupt system in our local football administration that has limited the growth of football development and infrastructure. Read to understand always

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

Okoye might get better as time goes on, but right now,he isn't any better than Uzoho.. Rohr should stop making him feel too comfortable by giving him too many game time.. He need to sit up...

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
There is no difference between what the super eagles just played and what Enyimba played against that Egyptian team. If John Noble conceded that goal we would be hearing that no NPFL player should ever touch a football.

Thank you

We should be sincere when judging players

If na John noble dem go come comot him head

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Come on now how will he put this ball sideways or to the corner Make it make sense to me.

He can use his front leg and punt it sideways (leading to a throw-in) seeing that pushing it backwards would only connect with the side of his foot and won't generate much velocity

Its like heading backwards, defenders are advised to head sideways or if they must, apply much velocity to a backward header
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
ersonleads:
Exactly.Ndidi was class yesterday. He fostered attack like a 10 yesterday. Made good Tru passes to our forward in which dey wasted.

From what I have seen so far in the match Ndidi was good. He need to do more of that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
IDENNAA:

From what I have seen so far in the match Ndidi was good. He need to do more of that.

Was he as good as Azubuike Okechukwu grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
cheesy
Subzero047:

Was he as good as Azubuike Okechukwu grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Iwobi's best position is behind the striker,Iwobi has no business playing as a winger,Iwobi and Nacho pairing would have been better. Awaziem plays better as a right back. Musa and Shehu should be shown the exit door

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
12large1:
Ndidi has to elevate his game because the time of just winning balls and passing it era has gone. He needs to either learn how to shoot from far, passing or initiate attack if he intends on being the best DM
In general, yes I agree with you. But with regards to yesterday's game, he was the best player on the pitch in my opinion. He did the above and brought the rest of the players into the game. I guess he needs to do more of that consistently.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
zuchyblink:
Iwobi's best position is behind the striker,Iwobi has no business playing as a winger,Iwobi and Nacho pairing would have been better. Awaziem plays better as a right back. Musa and Shehu should be shown the exit door

Yes, iwobi best position is behind the striker or an attacking midfielder not on the wing. His numbers for a winger is absolutely atrocious (1 goal 2 assist) all season. Even a relegation bound team wouldn't accept that number. Anyway, if Rohr intends on using a 2 striker system, he should use "352" not 442. With the numbers that SE strikers achieved this season, we should be beating cameroun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
Subzero047:

He can use his front leg and punt it sideways (leading to a throw-in) seeing that pushing it backwards would only connect with the side of his foot and won't generate much velocity

Its like heading backwards, defenders are advised to head sideways or if they must, apply much velocity to a backward header

That was the only option available. He had to stop the ball from getting to the striker. If he tried to use his left he might not have reached the ball. There is no way he could direct the ball to the corner with his right because he could only use the outside of his foot. If he could do that he would be playing striker for Watford and not CB

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nice one Basco good review.

The least we deserved from this game was a draw but hey that's football sometimes.

Yes you are right Okoye should be saving that shot. Maybe Rohr should be having a rethink about making him our undisputed number one.

Onuachu got into good positions yesterday. Pity he left his scoring boots at the hotel.

Criminally wasting of chances which will not be forgiven if repeated during the WC Qualifiers and AFCON.

Overall decent game would have been more worried if we didn't create enough chances.

Shoutout to Ndidi lovely performance from him. Was the main one I always saw trying to dictate proceedings from the midfield unlike ''activity former''

Lessons to be learnt but good workout. Will wait for Tuesday before forming an overall opinion of the team as it stands.

BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of the game cry

Nigeria vs Cameroon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBHEw3wwrjI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2021
I can't believe Kelechi is still struggling with ball control/ first touch and a very weak right foot. He needs to maintain consistency.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
IDENNAA:
I can't believe Kelechi is still struggling with ball control/ first touch and a very weak right foot. He needs to maintain consistency.

I wondered y nobody talked abt dis when it was so obvious is first touch was heavy and poor smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
so much anger following the loss yesterday but it's a friendly that was used to test some players and techniques by the coach
BTW no player was ready to carry any career threatening injury when the next season is around the corner
the coach would have seen our weaknesses which include the central defence & attacking MF
am particularly impressed with Wilf's competitiveness and the control of his team mates
on the whole, the match was to bring the boys together
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That was the only option available. He had to stop the ball from getting to the striker. If he tried to use his left he might not have reached the ball. There is no way he could direct the ball to the corner with his right because he could only use the outside of his foot. If he could do that he would be playing striker for Watford and not CB

He was in control of the direction the ball went, it was not a shot but rather a punt so he had time to make a decision the fact that he sent the ball to the middle of the pitch, (the worst place he could have sent it) was a bad decision imo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
Danielnino00:
In my opinion, this still remain our best line up..

Uzoho

Ebuehi/Aina
Ekong
Balogun
Sanusi

Ndidi
Aribo
Iwobi

Chukwueze
Osimhen
Onyekuru/Simon

It is sir

Ebuehi or aina ,I am good with any of them

Onuekuru or Simon I am also good with any

But wi rohr even manages to play onuekuru ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
IDENNAA:

Yeah bro need to put good performance like azubuike casemeiro okechukwu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
chrisooblog:
Nice one Basco good review.

The least we deserved from this game was a draw but hey that's football sometimes.

Yes you are right Okoye should be saving that shot. Maybe Rohr should be having a rethink about making him our undisputed number one.

Onuachu got into good positions yesterday. Pity he left his scoring boots at the hotel.

Criminally wasting of chances which will not be forgiven if repeated during the WC Qualifiers and AFCON.

Overall decent game would have been more worried if we didn't create enough chances.

Shoutout to Ndidi lovely performance from him. Was the main one I always saw trying to dictate proceedings from the midfield unlike ''activity former''

Lessons to be learnt but good workout. Will wait for Tuesday before forming an overall opinion of the team as it stands.

Onuachu was not poor yesterday but you had a very fine goalkeeper for the Cameroonians. Though, Onuachu could have set Kelechi up for a goal but he blew the chances. Well, we can't have that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
Awaziem is very confident with the ball on his feet and tackles. Balogun wasn't missed. I actually think we underrate Awaziem a lot.

Ekong ball playing skill showed some promises. He was not sloppy in this match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
oloriooko:
so much anger following the loss yesterday but it's a friendly that was used to test some players and techniques by the coach
BTW no player was ready to carry any career threatening injury when the next season is around the corner
the coach would have seen our weaknesses which include the central defence & attacking MF
am particularly impressed with Wilf's competitiveness and the control of his team mates
on the whole, the match was to bring the boys together

How come a coach who was using a test game to assess new players was making much substitutions in the latter end of the game. His subs yesterday were as follows:

66 mins - Onuachu Out, Moffi In
67 mins - Iheanacho Out, Musa In

81 mins- Simon Out, Olayinka In
81 mins- Etebo Out, Iwuala In

87 mins- Iwobi Out, Marcus In

90' mins- Troost Out, Ozornwafor In

A coach assessing new recruits deserves to give them more playing time than this.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ahmed Musa's highlights from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt0eQX9ps24

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Ahmed Musa's highlights from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt0eQX9ps24
Wow nice performance from Ahmed Musa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Come on now how will he put this ball sideways or to the corner Make it make sense to me.

He was even in a better position to nod the ball to safety or as a pass. Ekong caused that goal. After his stay in Italy, a whole Italy. Very embarrassing to say the least.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
WHAT ROHR MUST DO IN THE NEXT MATCH

In order to perform experiments, he should try Samson tijani in midfield
Rohr should start with the midfield trio of iwobi, ndidi and Samson tijani.
He should also try anayo iwuala and Abraham Marcus in the wings
Also, he should try Terem Moffi as a striker
and play all these players for 90 minutes. Let us see what they can do.
Under these circumstances, i dont care if we loose. Let us just see what these
new players have to offer in order to improve the team that is the essence of friendlies

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

He was even in a better position to nod the ball to safety or as a pass. Ekong caused that goal. After his stay in Italy, a whole Italy. Very embarrassing to say the least.

That's why he was sold to a championship side

The guy na foreign carpenter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Nawa ooo can u kindly explain how it is easier or safer to head that ball? Then u say Ekong caused the goal forgetting he was covering for Awaziem. This just to shows how much u people are looking for someone to blame. I have never been a big fan of Ekong but I wont lie on him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
Blueelf:

That's why he was sold to a championship side

The guy na foreign carpenter
He is back in the epl and likely to be a starter at watford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
IDENNAA:
Awaziem is very confident with the ball on his feet and tackles. Balogun wasn't missed. I actually think we underrate Awaziem a lot.

Ekong ball playing skill showed some promises. He was not sloppy in this match.

If Awaziem is underrated then people wont put him on their list if you ask them to list their eagles squad, many people here like awaziem despite him playing for a poor club like boavista, so i dont think awaziem is underrated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He is back in the epl and likely to be a starter at watford

I know

I hope he would be for long

And he won't be kicked out like at Udinese
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Blueelf:

I know

I hope he would be for long

And he won't be kicked out like at Udinese

He was a starter at his 2 seasons at udinese till a new coach

He isnt that bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He was a starter at his 2 seasons at udinese till a new coach

He isnt that bad
Yes he is not that bad but not really impressed with him in SE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10782) (10783) (10784) (10785) (10786) (10787) (10788) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlbertoIancu, lordofstrings, chrisooblog and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.