Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,709 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11888305 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10845) (10846) (10847) (10848) (10849) (10850) (10851) ... (16271) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I have always maintained that this friendly is very meaningless. Anybody that says otherwise should tell me one point of the friendly?

We can play regular, more beneficial friendlies with other African nations during international break at a cheaper cost than this holiday to the US.

Abeg make dem free those players for their clubs jor.

We all know this but some just don't want to criticize the almighty NFF. Mexico also played matches like us but they are still using their foreign based guys.

This just shows how Nigerians feel about the local league. U are willing to destroy the competition for nothing. Tell me where it is okay for a league leading team to give out their best defender, midfielder and striker in the middle of the biggest run of the season? While the teams below them are basically intact.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
This referee is horrible and the commentator keeps breathing extra hard grin
I think it's high time commentator Martin Tyler retires. He should be around 75 years old now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2021
femianski:

I think it's high time commentator Martin Tyler retires. He should be around 75 years old now.

Oh wow I didn't know he was that old. I think u can make the mic voice activated so they go off once u stop talking. If he is doing what he loves I say keep on. U never know if that job is what is keeping him alive sef.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

First off he walked away from the national team not his club. Plus how do you know that his club is not involved? Then again players always leave their national teams to complete deals so there is absolutely nothing to see here.

Just seeking clarification

I thought an Agreement is reached with a clubside first, before a player is allowed to negotiate a deal

Also, Most times Representatives are sent to the camp to complete such deals, why most he walk away for that to happen?

And also do we have like a transfer window in the league or something?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

We all know this but some just don't want to criticize the almighty NFF. Mexico also played matches like us but they are still using their foreign based guys.

This just shows how Nigerians feel about the local league. U are willing to destroy the competition for nothing. Tell me where it is okay for a league leading team to give out their best defender, midfielder and striker in the middle of the biggest run of the season? While the teams below them are basically intact.

You make a solid point

But then, just flip the coin

There will still be uproar from some corners

Some guys from Oron Rd will sit behind their phones and still shout Marginalization, Favoritism, nepotism and every other big word in the dictionary

It is what it is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2021
jihday:
Aigbogun is actually the deputy technical director. Hmmmmm lipsrsealed

This Aigbogun has godfathers in high places
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
JayromWrites:

Just seeking clarification

I thought an Agreement is reached with a clubside first, before a player is allowed to negotiate a deal

Also, Most times Representatives are sent to the camp to complete such deals, why most he walk away for that to happen?

And also do we have like a transfer window in the league or something?

Like I said how do you know the club have not reached their own side of the deal? I ask because Samuel was just bought out of contract from heartland FC so they (Katsina) definitely have his rights.

If he is going to Spain he isn't a home based player again na. The real story is that he is going to Spain straight from the NPFL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
JayromWrites:

You make a solid point

But then, just flip the coin

There will still be uproar from some corners

Some guys from Oron Rd will sit behind their phones and still shout Marginalization, Favoritism, nepotism and every other big word in the dictionary

It is what it is

Same Oron road people that u have to remind
people that Ekong is from Akwa Ibom. I can vouch that people don't act like that there. The people talking like that are at plaza arguing with newspapers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Like I said how do you know the club have not reached their own side of the deal? I ask because Samuel was just bought out of contract from heartland FC so they (Katsina) definitely have his rights.

If he is going to Spain he isn't a home based player again na. The real story is that he is going to Spain straight from the NPFL.

Wish him well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Same Oron road people that u have to remind
people that Ekong is from Akwa Ibom. I can vouch that people don't act like that there. The people talking like that are at plaza arguing with newspapers.

My Oron Rd guys know them sport too

I know you get my point though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Honestly I feel the same way. Especially after finding out Mexico will use their foreign based players. If I were in charge of Akwa United I would not allow my players to honor that call up.

Kini gbogbo eleyi. Which one is NFF paralyzing. Is a call up do or die. The buck lies with the clubs to release their players. Heck, the players are in bed with this "holiday" to the US...its a lifetime opportunity for some. No one should make it seem like a conspiracy to hand the league to Pillars!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
Odunayaw:
Kini gbogbo eleyi. Which one is NFF paralyzing. Is a call up do or die. The buck lies with the clubs to release their players. Heck, the players are in bed with this "holiday" to the US...its a lifetime opportunity for some. No one should make it seem like a conspiracy to hand the league to Pillars!

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then it is a duck. Rabiu Ali has 10 goals (as a midfielder) this season and Musa is the best player in the league. How do u expect me to know these facts and not at least say something?

Obviously the clubs are looking for an opportunity to make money off transfers but what does that have to do with the fans?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

This your wailing is becoming stale, can you honestly tell me, if it's anoda club, you will complain like dis,

Ruben when Ifeanyi was dropped, you console yourself a little,

If anything, it favours Always United more than any club,

It will effort them time to look to their bench, and who knows, a rough germ is sitting there, waiting to explode.

Furthermore, when the players Rep well, it's still Always that will be collecting cash in players transfer,

So plz cut the BFF some slacks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
Subzero047:

This Aigbogun has godfathers in high places
He's Pinnick's man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
Odunayaw:

I just don't understand his wailing, if them no call anybody from the club name wahala, now them call from the club, still no yawa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
do4luv14:

This your wailing is becoming stale, can you honestly tell me, if it's anoda club, you will complain like dis,

Ruben when Ifeanyi was dropped, you console yourself a little,

If anything, it favours Always United more than any club,

It will effort them time to look to their bench, and who knows, a rough germ is sitting there, waiting to explode.

Furthermore, when the players Rep well, it's still Always that will be collecting cash in players transfer,

So plz cut the BFF some slacks

Who are you to question my character? Saying I am only talking because it is Akwa. U thought u could just throw that in there and be right about the nonsense u are saying. U might be a man that can be easily moved by sentiments but that will never be me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
jihday:
He's Pinnick's man

No I think it's higher than Pinnick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by profmathsland(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Subzero047:

Are you talking to a child that calls the mods at any slightest provocation, he probably thinks he is the prince of this thread grin
Happy Sunday Everyone. I don't know if anyone here has noticed how this particular moniker keeps displaying signs of disturbed deep jealousy and bitterness towards Nerdie.
I mean, what's the deal? Even hinting at Nerdie thinking himself as some prince in here. A faceless forum? Honestly, this is pure hate and jealousy. Looks like he is so obsessed with Nerdie in a very negatively Childish way. grin
Nerdie did well in trying to calm both monikers and I can see he addressed it without bias but this one came and dropped absolute balderdash. He just couldn't keep his hate hidden.

I followed the way the thread reacted to Nerdie being recognised by Osimhen and that must have really bitten his haters like this one here and the folks who liked his silly comment.

I know it's been a few days since that childish comment and I noticed Nerdie didn't even respond to it but I just have to say, this Subzero fellow looks really troubled and itching for attention. I am glad Nerdie keeps ignoring the troubled soul.
Keep up the good work, TheSupernerd. The kinda work you are doing in here is commendable and It's normal to have one or two haters or even more.

P.S: I also noticed that the art of tagging those who speak up for Nerdie as a "Nerdie alt account" still exists with the latest being a moniker called Meliforme. I have been accused of same and it never ceases to amuse me. Lol.
It is really funny and a cheap way of deflecting from the fact that Nerdie is truly one special moniker in here. If you cannot see that, then that's your problem.

Not even going to bother replying the zero guy I quoted. I will take the Nerdie route. I have passed my message. So choke on it or ignore it. Your cup of tea. Lol.

*Back to silent/ghost mode*

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
What do these two have in common ?

grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then it is a duck. Rabiu Ali has 10 goals (as a midfielder) this season and Musa is the best player in the league. How do u expect me to know these facts and not at least say something?

Obviously the clubs are looking for an opportunity to make money off transfers but what does that have to do with the fans?
A 40+ year old man should be called ahead of younger players? Haba! This is emotions speaking.

I'm glad you know what the clubs is looking for. As a fan you have a right to complain. To whom? To your club! Not all this conspiracy stories making it look like NFF is trying to cheat Kano Pillars into victory. It won't fly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
profmathsland:

Happy Sunday Everyone. I don't know if anyone here has noticed how this particular moniker keeps displaying signs of disturbed deep jealousy and bitterness towards Nerdie.
I mean, what's the deal? Even hinting at Nerdie thinking himself as some prince in here. A faceless forum? Honestly, this is pure hate and jealousy. Looks like he is so obsessed with Nerdie in a very negatively Childish way. grin
Nerdie did well in trying to calm both monikers and I can see he addressed it without bias but this one came and dropped absolute balderdash. He just couldn't keep his hate hidden.

I followed the way the thread reacted to Nerdie being recognised by Osimhen and that must have really bitten his haters like this one here and the folks who liked his silly comment.

I know it's been a few days since that childish comment and I noticed Nerdie didn't even respond to it but I just have to say, this Subzero fellow looks really troubled and itching for attention. I am glad Nerdie keeps ignoring the troubled soul.
Keep up the good work, TheSupernerd. The kinda work you are doing in here is commendable and It's normal to have one or two haters or even more.

P.S: I also noticed that the art of tagging those who speak up for Nerdie as a "Nerdie alt account" still exists with the latest being a moniker called Meliforme. I have been accused of same and it never ceases to amuse me. Lol.
It is really funny and a cheap way of deflecting from the fact that Nerdie is truly one special moniker in here. If you cannot see that, then that's your problem.

Not even going to bother replying the zero guy I quoted. I will take the Nerdie route. I have passed my message. So choke on it or ignore it. Your cup of tea. Lol.

*Back to silent/ghost mode*

Who is this fool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Odunayaw:
A 40+ year old man should be called ahead of younger players? Haba! This is emotions speaking.

I'm glad you know what the clubs is looking for. As a fan you have a right to complain. To whom? To your club! Not all this conspiracy stories making it look like NFF is trying to cheat Kano Pillars into victory. It won't fly

Is he one of their best player yes or no? Is he one of the best players in the league yes or no? Don't give me that age talk because u people call every single player in the NPFL old so what does age have to do with anything now? Are they playing U20

U don't get to tell me where to air my grievances. What else are we talking about here that I can't speak on the national team. If u don't like what I say skip past it. U guys are the ones trying to make this something it is not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Honestly I feel the same way. Especially after finding out Mexico will use their foreign based players. If I were in charge of Akwa United I would not allow my players to honor that call up.

Its happened to Kano Pillars and Heartland in the past now. I don't see why this should have some meaning read to it. Afterall, these same players relish such opportunities for their careers, especially if they win.

I don't see the point. But i get that it will affect Akwa United.

That should also make them npfl clubs to step up. More invitations in coming years i believe...The new normal soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dennis at Watford

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Its a tight schedule truly. And its not fair truly. But i also know these clubs will relish the $ that come in if an North African Club, European team comes near the gate, talk more, knocking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Of course he can't, I'm not his side either but those European teams have facilities and trainings that can guide one even without talent. They also have academies that teach a lot, especially discipline and majorly everything that makes one a pro.
What are you saying man? we are talking about how wrong a professional coach is to come out and utter such nonsense, you're talking about facility. I know he dare not say something of such if he is coaching an European country. Moreso, if Rohr got appointed as Bayern coach today, he will relegate them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Andrew but you forgot to clarify that some of them only qualified for the second round because they finished as third best losers.

That however doesn't invalidate your point about Rohr being an average/poor tactician.

One thing you can't take away from European teams is that they are well coached. That's why teams like Scotland, Hungary, Wales can beat good teams on a good day. Most importantly they play without fear or complex unlike most African teams. This one of the reasons Gernot's constant whining about the low level of our team is getting annoying. Defeating your own team with negative thoughts ahead of the game before it has even started.

No one has said we should not be realistic about our expectations but if you plan accordingly many top teams can be beaten.

andrewbaba44:

Rohr is worst than ekuke ,I hardly criticize a coach or a player

Naija get players ooo ,you self check am nah

This is no hyping but fact

Sweden ,Austria ,Denmark ,Wales Ukraine ,Czech republic

None of them get players pass us

I am open for a serious arguement ,and mind you these teams I mentioned qualified for the round of 16

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
daveP:

Its happened to Kano Pillars and Heartland in the past now. I don't see why this should have some meaning read to it. Afterall, these same players relish such opportunities for their careers, especially if they win.

I don't see the point. But i get that it will affect Akwa United.

That should also make them npfl clubs to step up. More invitations in coming years i believe...The new normal soon.

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about the league not being professional because the same people complaining don't want things professional themselves. The same people complaining about players leaving the league now feel it is ok to take a scouting trip in the middle of the season. I am glad I brought this up.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about the league not being professional because the same people complaining don't want things professional themselves. The same people complaining about players leaving the league now feel it is ok to take a scouting trip in the middle of the season. I am glad I brought this up.

You should be happy npfl players are bein used. That is a sign of progress. In fact uche unuansoye and Seth mayi are two attacking midfielders I have high expectations for. Also give us the low down on Samuel Nnoshiri.
At least they are given a chance. U too dey complain. At least let us be satisfied with the progress being made
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Is he one of their best player yes or no? Is he one of the best players in the league yes or no? Don't give me that age talk because u people call every single player in the NPFL old so what does age have to do with anything now? Are they playing U20

U don't get to tell me where to air my grievances. What else are we talking about here that I can't speak on the national team. If u don't like what I say skip past it. U guys are the ones trying to make this something it is not.

Stop this freaking tirade! What's the matter with you!

Who is YOU PEOPLE. Something de work you? You think you're the only one passionate about NPFL here? Is Rabiu Ali the best midfielder in the league? How do I take you serious if you are clamoring for Ali grin

You brought a bloody picture here trying to paint a picture that NFF wants to short change. You're the one that needs to reign in your emotions. Wetin sef!
Oya, the players are going to the US, go and burst the plane tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Philosopher1979:

You should be happy npfl players are bein used. That is a sign of progress. In fact uche unuansoye and Seth mayi are two attacking midfielders I have high expectations for. Also give us the low down on Samuel Nnoshiri.
At least they are given a chance. U too dey complain. At least let us be satisfied with the progress being made
Laslas, when the Clubs reasoned about letting their players go, they chose the future benefits. The nonsense he uploaded about it looking like NFF wanting to shortchange Akwa is what I call bullshit on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Who are you to question my character? Saying I am only talking because it is Akwa. U thought u could just throw that in there and be right about the nonsense u are saying. U might be a man that can be easily moved by sentiments but that will never be me.

Thank you, sentiments don't move me, cos am Unique, but you know the club had a right, to refuse to release the players, but they don't

Take it as an opportunity for the bench to show the stuff they are made off, that being said,
The situation as per club games and commitment, and competition, hmm,

Let Akwa shows that, they being on top the table is not for nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (10845) (10846) (10847) (10848) (10849) (10850) (10851) ... (16271) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), dijon, Setaleonoz(m), 123jamessmith, Mujtahida, Ppogbae, ThanosKilla(m), onyeomaonyeoma(m), Ginistev, Icon79(m), justvictor57(m), do4luv14(m), A001, foxman04, Tinneh, Lyster360, Bazkanova, Emmy450(m), GMBOFASIA, dkay51(m), kentebemoney, Oloro29(m), Subzerooo, Truidstarr, solonnachi, hatakekakashi, TheSuperNerd(m), Joebie, viccy12, kayburner, vonnelixir, ddone, AndSunGorilla, minfelix(m), olavoice(m), owbabs, LoverOfPussy, TheGoodJoe(m), kennysville(m), joelsteron, Lawag3, Dannyxy(m), lbrichman2, Mercenary123, waffiboi, caprikon, orriyomi33(m), mrwilliams9, chuks404, Odunayaw(m), 7demons, forgiveness and 32 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.