Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678558 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10878) (10879) (10880) (10881) (10882) (10883) (10884) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2021
Tinneh:

I was really disappointed with olisa ndah
For someone who is rated as one if not the best ball playing CB in the league dropping misplaced passes anyhow ..no awareness
Also if we're Frank with ourselves I don't think this is truly the best legs in the league...from the few games I've been able to catch when I'm free I've seen far more better players than this...
Anyways this shows we have a long way to go in our league....
Imagine the players not even used to natural turf...same thing happened at the last caf competition..... TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT

Lol...those where the best legs

It seems you guys don't know how embarrassing the NPFL is. Imagine how enyimba was beaten blue by the Egyptians pyramid not long ago no Nigeria Club sides so far have replete the performance of enyimba team of 2004/5 it is such a pity that as soon as they get one call up to the super eagles, the players jet out to eastern europe or one miserable league abroad thereby leaving the leagues with dearth of average players because the rest are way below average

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
grin And the loss too.

Sure bet grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

And also to market the NPFL players to eastern europe and obsecure leagues.... but now the players can't even market themselves to Rwandan league....

sh*t blew out in all their faces grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2021
I am sure this would have gotten to 7 nil had it been it was Ezenwa that was in goal....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2021
timay:

sh*t blew out in all their faces grin grin
grin
Should they play same nonsense against panama then i will give up completely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2021
12large1:
When Rohr was saying the truth, you guys were insult ing him. 1 thing I have noticed here is people disdain for the truth. What's the benefit of using homebase players to prosecute such a game against a team using its first 11??

I prefer we call up players from the belgian league, english championship and Spanish segunda B than the NPFL.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:09am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

grin

What is paining me in all these nonsense is that these idiots will just spoil Rohrs work of all these years concerning our FIFA rankings by dragging us down with these results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:11am On Jul 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
NFF is filled with jokers. Give Amunike jobs like these, they said no.

I even want Amunike to even stay clear from these set of people running the NFF.

It is a pity what is happening to our football under this Amaju Pinnick's rulership.

He thinks life is only about stealing money and looking fly.

Amaju Pinnick took them to US to play the Mexican first team, Amaju Pinnick didn't make not know how to trap the ball or give accurate passes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2021
The flawed ideology that there are always going to be players in the local league that are good enough to be competitive in international football has been with us right from when I started watching football.

Frustratingly to anyone with an ounce of common sense, successive Sports Ministers, NFF boards and sections of the fans fail to realise the obvious fact that all football teams in the Nigerian leagues are merely basement level feeder teams to the global football market. They are near if not right at the bottom of the economic food chain in the global football ecosystem.

This means that all the participants (players, coaches, backroom staff, referees etc) are only involved in the local league's in the hope that a better opportunity will arise the 'next day' and they immediately will leave without looking back. That better opportunity may be in the form of a transfer to leagues in Vietnam, Benin Republic, Lithuania etc. No half decent player remains in the local league for more than 2 seasons.

And these are the same players some people (NFF etc) were convinced just needed to be grouped together and prepared by a coach from the same league for a couple of weeks and cladding them with our beautiful national colours would magically transform them to international stars?

The thought it self is an embarrassment. Following through with it is only excused of treason because of the comedy value that resulted. grin

Fools!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021
edi287:

Yeah but he's not good enough to break in our first 11 presently.
At all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2021
timay:

What is paining me in all these nonsense is that these idiots will just spoil Rohrs work of all these years concerning our FIFA rankings by dragging us down with these results.

I tell you, that will affect our pairing for the world cup qualifiers now. Pinnick is the buhari of our football. He is obviously in football for the politics part of it and not to develop our football.
He dangles coaching roles to his men and associates what is egeavon and aigbogun doing as coaches When Yobo was appointed the assistant with no qualifications... we have some renowned peeps in npfl and amuneke

Well the reason why we still watch the super eagles play is because of rohr left to them they don't mind infuse carpenters into the team and watch us struggle to qualify for mere afcon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2021
Blacknote:

So now Rohr na our ball-boy?
No let me knack you this thing for head.
Nah, he was the special guest of honor grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Amaju Pinnick took them to US to play the Mexican first team, Amaju Pinnick didn't make not to know how to trap the ball or give accurate passes

Same amaju choosed mediocore coaches to manage the team

Will you give agbiogun and egeavuon that could not qualify the dream team to all africa games etc the job of managing the super eagles B team.

Amaju Pinnick does not understand that when it comes to appointments, it should be given to people that can deliver and not out of sentiments

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2021
Blacknote:

So now Rohr na our ball-boy?
No let me knack you this thing for head.

The same Rohr that made it clear he wasn't involved in this arrangement and the sports minister also said to shut up on national TV?

Rohr is totally absolved of any blame in the preparation, performance or result. If we won would anyone have credited him? angry

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

Same amaju choosed mediocore coaches to manage the team

Will you give agbiogun and egeavuon that could not qualify the dream team to all africa games etc the job of managing the super eagles B team.

Amaju Pinnick does not understand that when it comes to appointments, it should be given to people that can deliver and not out of sentiments

Who do you give it to, Rohr? See even Pep +Klopp won't turn a bunch of fufu munchers and carpenters into world beaters in two weeks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2021
wayodude:
The flawed ideology that there are always going to be players in the local league that are good enough to be competitive in international football has been with us right from when I started watching football.

Frustratingly to anyone with an ounce of common sense, successive Sports Ministers, NFF boards and sections of the fans fail to realise the obvious fact that all football teams in the Nigerian leagues are merely basement level feeder teams to the global football market. They are near if not right at the bottom of the economic food chain in the global football ecosystem.

This means that all the participants (players, coaches, backroom staff, referees etc) are only involved in the local league's in the hope that a better opportunity will arise the 'next day' and they immediately will leave without looking back. That better opportunity may be in the form of a transfer to leagues in Vietnam, Benin Republic, Lithuania etc. No half decent player remains in the local league for more than 2 seasons.

And these are the same players some people (NFF etc) were convinced just needed to be grouped together and prepared by a coach from the same league for a couple of weeks and cladding them with our beautiful national colours would magically transform them to international stars?

The thought it self is an embarrassment. Following through with it is only excused of treason because of the comedy value that resulted. grin

Fools!!!

I tell you, I am so sure some of NPFL teams chairmen were already counting their possible gains with their Japanese calculators from this players signings abroad

They expect a great performance thereafter they swiftly market them abroad....and then the club management smile to the bank
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Who do you give it to, Rohr? See even Pep +Klopp won't turn a bunch of fufu munchers and carpenters into world beaters in two weeks

Rohr is not a top class coach, he is better qs a scout

What has been helping him, is that he is better sincere and his players selection is more of merit

I doubt if an indigenous coach like amuneke will not perfom wonders if he can get his selection right like rohr

Playing against mexico with this carpenters, was suicidal, infact we need thank the goal keeper if it was ezenwa i am sure it would have been 7

Rohr opened up earlier u dont play mexico with this bunch of average players if it is chan preparation why didnt them play africa teams for friendly or play some club sides in africa why the jamboree travel to the US. We just wasted an opportunity to watch the teamA players we have always played mexico for friendly most times it end up in draw. The last game we lost 1 nil and keshi used it to discover some good players for the team that was the match [b] LEON BALOGUN [b/] first played for Nigeria and Imoh Ezekiel.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Amaju Pinnick took them to US to play the Mexican first team, Amaju Pinnick didn't make not know how to trap the ball or give accurate passes

Amaju Pinnick and his crew have messed up our coaching system.

For Christ sake, explain why Amunike keeps getting left out and Aigbogun keeps getting the nod.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

grin
Are we playing Panama?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2021
jihday:
Are we playing Panama?

Yes i think so
They should be able to at least score against them. At least one goal against Panama
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Grozny: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2021
Hopefully we don't get a drunken, beer parlor video analysis of those chicken brained potato farmers' performance grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

For Christ sake, explain why Amunike keeps getting left out and Aigbogun keeps getting the nod.
Well, they've been friends for a long time. Don't be surprised to see Aigbogun take over if Rohr gets fired after Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

Yes i think so
They should be able to at least score against them. At least one goal against Panama
That will be nice at least they should be able to get a draw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Because he knows pinnick. Man know man has messed up our system.... all this while northerners have been managing NFF we were all shouting we want a change and now pinnick after a long while we had a southerner who is completely clueless. His predecessor reign we achieved more than him in football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2021
jihday:
That will be nice at least they should be able to get a draw
grin
I doubf if this carpenters can pull a draw.
Me just want at least a goal from them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:41am On Jul 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

What job has Amunike taken since he was sacked by Tanzania? Or are we no longer of the opinion that SE should only consider coaching options who are honing their skills in club football? Atleast Aigbogun is still active at our U20 set up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

What has been helping him, is that he is better sincere and his players selection is more of merit

I doubt if an indigenous coach like amuneke will not perfom wonders if he can get his selection right like rohr

Playing against mexico with this carpenters, was suicidal, infact we need thank the goal keeper if it was ezenwa i am sure it would have been 7

Rohr opened up earlier u dont play mexico with this bunch of average players if it is chan preparation why didnt them play africa teams for friendly or play some club sides in africa why the jamboree travel to the US. We just wasted an opportunity to watch the teamA players we have always played mexico for friendly most times it end up in draw. The last game we lost 1 nil and keshi used it to discover some good players for the team that was the match [b] LEON BALOGUN [b/] first played for Nigeria and Imoh Ezekiel.

Yea no effort would have prevented Mexico from thrashing these bunch of carpenters but some are blaming Pinnick who gave them this opportunity in the first place undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

List of names do not win games but with sound tactics and training, which I believe we are lacking
Even with Guardiola as coach, this guys wouldn't have done shiiit. They lack basic football knowledge. Our Academy boys would never have played this way. Not judging by the score line cause even Barca lost 8-2 to Bayern. The moments they had the ball, they had no ideal what to do with it. Is it tactics that will teach a player how to trap the ball? Tactics will teach you basic passing or how to slide tackle without being stretched out like almost everyone of them today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

Abeg leave Ezenwa outa this. I bet u he wouldn't have conceded that 3rd goal. Focus on the huff and puff season 1 that just started our week
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Yea no effort would have prevented Mexico from thrashing these bunch of carpenters but some are blaming Pinnick who gave them this opportunity in the first place undecided

The opportunity wasnt necessary for the home based lads

The experience they need was to play africa teams like Togo,Benin,Guinea etc even playing club sides like Niger Tornados, Wikki Terrorists of Bauchi or Sunshine Stars of Akure would have been better since they were been prepared for CHAN tourney

Rohr should have been allowed to use this friendly bond the Team A players and also get some fresh call ups for Oliseh, Lukman, Ejaria etc just to do team bonding.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2021
Subzero047:

What job has Amunike taken since he was sacked by Tanzania? Or are we no longer of the opinion that SE should only consider coaching options who are honing their skills in club football? Atleast Aigbogun is still active at our U20 set up

Under 20 set up that he got based on connections. I can bet my last coin that he will flop again

So unfortunate that the under 20 team is already program to fail. The last one he managed was wasted nothing was achieved from it not even one of the players can be said to have progressed into the super eagles and same thing will happen this time around
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2021
dozai:

Abeg leave Ezenwa outa this. I bet u he wouldn't have conceded that 3rd goal. Focus on the huff and puff season 1 that just started our week

And Ezenwa would have also made those saves the goal keeper made

(1) (2) (3) ... (10878) (10879) (10880) (10881) (10882) (10883) (10884) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Towbaba500(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.