Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670973 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 3:32am On Jun 10, 2017
But just to chip in that means it was worse of for Madagascar playing against unified fans for the whole of Sudan as opposed to Rivers Utd who played against a portion of fans loyal to a club. Although the stadium was filled in both scenario, I'm just trying to understand the logic of what you just said.

BascoVanVeli:

Don't be naïve, Rivers united played a single club in Sudan and not Sudan as a whole. Those fans did not represent the whole of Sudan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:36am On Jun 10, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Don't be naïve, Rivers united played a single club in Sudan and not Sudan as a whole. Those fans did not represent the whole of Sudan.

Are they not Sudanese fans? The point is simple. There are no excuses for such capitulation. I can bet that Madagascar faced similar fan intimidation, yet they went there and got a result.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:15am On Jun 10, 2017
As we look forward to beating the Bafana-Bafana blue black today, let us spare some time in remembering our own Shuaib Amodu who passed on exactly today 365 days ago.

the legacies you left behind and the contributions you made towards the growth of our football are still there to see. Continue to Rest SHUAIB AMODU

Please spare some time to share some fond memories of him as a coach of the Super Eagles.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Very bad way to start in any endeavor -- focusing only on the negatives. If those intimidiaries are serious they will start from where they have the brightest chances. Gradually their influence will grow. Success don't happen overnight. Football in UK is the most commercialized. Breaking into it will always pose a challenge. There are definitely other factors besides not being white. But winners will always find a way. Like you rightly said, "hard but not impossible". I think in every endeavor having the right skills is not automatic contrary to what many may think. there is many learning to do as u get your hands dirty in the field. I'm sure you know this.

komekn:

Networking in Nigeria and networking in the UK are totally different add to the mix being black and you got your work cut out.

Finally, you often project from your social circle. How many black managers deh English football. How many recruitment heads are black in the league system.

You see d wahala.

Hard but not impossible got to be versatile and ingenious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chiboy7(m): 6:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Nig 4 SA 1....... angry our blood dey hot now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Over-confidence & arrogance is not good. When last did we score 4 goals against them. Make una thread carefully with great expectations & not end up with HBP oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2017
tbaba1234:

Are they not Sudanese fans? The point is simple. There are no excuses for such capitulation. I can bet that Madagascar faced similar fan intimidation, yet they went there and got a result.

That is a joke. If that's the case we should be expecting crowd violence today abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17am On Jun 10, 2017
Dedebanky85:
But just to chip in that means it was worse of for Madagascar playing against unified fans for the whole of Sudan as opposed to Rivers Utd who played against a portion of fans loyal to a club. Although the stadium was filled in both scenario, I'm just trying to understand the logic of what you just said.

What makes u feel that the whole of Sudan would unify under hooliganism? Are we forgetting that the CAF president is also from Madagascar? The super eagles played in Sudan and nobody attacked their bus. What makes me laugh is that most of u guys woud pee ur pants in the same situation but come online to claim big and bad. Well carry on gangsta.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2017
zoboizee:
Over-confidence & arrogance is not good. When last did we score 4 goals against them. Make una thread carefully with great expectations & not end up with HBP oooo. grin

I personally was going for 5. Just like CR7 said "too much humility is not good".

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2017
that Manuel Akanji lose to Switzerland pain me
while we were chasing after players not ready to play for us.... we lost someone who won't have turn us down had it been we try....
the problem we're having NFF are so shortsighted
they think foreign groomed Nigeria players are only in the English, Dutch and German youth system...
thank God for rohr...
if not players like ebuehi, serenzen bazee and more won't have been easily looked into..I think the NFF and rohr need to do more especially now that England is no longer a safe haven for picking up groomed players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Icon4s:
As we look forward to beating the Bafana-Bafana blue black today, let us spare some time in remembering our own Shuaib Amodu who passed on exactly today 365 days ago.

the legacies you left behind and the contributions you made towards the growth of our football are still there to see. Continue to Rest SHUAIB AMODU

Please spare some time to share some fond memories of him as a coach of the Super Eagles.

I always wonder what would have happened if he had taken on those matches against Egypt. RIP.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
This Boys Might Play Under Rain,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:37am On Jun 10, 2017
Dedebanky85:
I knew he was NEVER going to pay for us. You see these guys Solanke, Lookman, Onomah and Ojo they would NEVER play for Nigeria even if there's no 3 Lions callup by the time they are 30yrs. They only see themselves as Nigerians because their parents told them that they the parents come from Nigeria. That's the only connection they have. They don't care much about Naija. So let's erase the team sheet fantasies with these guys.

I would have added Tomori but his earlier romance with Canada and subsequent switch to England shows he has a tendency to be an "ashawo/aristo". I think whoever offers him a better prospect at senior team level would get his services. His preferential order would be England, Canada and Slightly Naija.

i think onyedima need to get a look in before he move to any premier league club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Icon4s:

RIP
#LEGEND
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Icon4s:

Heart breaking that such a devoted man who made a lot of strides in pushing Nigerian football to the top passed without getting a proper run handling the Super Eagles.

Much respect to Coach Amodu Shuaibu for answering the Call to serve the nation and manage the Super Eagles on three different occassions: 1998–1999, 2001–2002 and 2008–2010. Leading us to the AFCON bronze on two different occassions and qualifying us for the 2010 World Cup.

Miss the Great Legend Coach Amodu Shuaibu.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2017
Ahmed Musa agrees to join Fenerbahce

Musa has agreed in principle to sign for Fenerbahçe, according to Leceister Mercury.

The Turkish club are said to have started negotiations with Leicester over a potential deal with Musa reported to be happy to leave.

Turkish national newspaper Gunes claim that Musa has been asked if he would be happy to join Fenerbahçe, who finished third in the Super Lig this season, and has said yes.

It would bring to an end an underwhelming season for Musa at Leicester after he struggled to make an impact following a £16 million move from CSKA Moscow last summer.

Despite a stunning brace against Barcelona in pre-season, he managed just four goals in 31 appearances for City, the highlight being a two-goal haul in the FA Cup win against Everton.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/ahmed-musa-agrees-to-join-fenerbahce.html

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2017
2019 AFCON Qualifier: Bafana Bafana Not A Threat To Super Eagles

[img]https://2.bp..com/-MR3Te6TzXDw/WJUjWZdqh2I/AAAAAAAAC5Y/ZNRlVYqdM24b0RYnCXEj_6rm_i6IR6-swCPcB/s1600/20170204014053.png[/img]

By Augustine Akhilomen

Super Eagles Team coordinator, Patriack Pascal has revealed that the spirit in the camp is high and believed that nothing but a resounding victory would be the perfect gift for the fans in Uyo on Saturday.

The three-time AFCON champions are set to face eternal rivals, Bafana Bafana of South Africa in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium (Tomorrow) on Saturday in what's expected to be a grudge encounter.

With the team yet to lose to their Southern African counterparts in a competitive game, Pascal, a former member of the Super Eagles told Soccernet.com.ng that the trend continue on Saturday because nothing short of a victory will be good enough for us.

"I am so confident that the Super Eagles will overcome their Bafana Bafana counterpart in Uyo considering the fact the players are highly motivated to pick the maximum points," Pascal told Soccernet.com.ng

"No doubt the game is expected to be a tough one because South Africa will also be coming to Nigeria to win or draw, something which I believe won't be easy for them.

" Based on the calibre of players we have in our disposal, I don't think South Africa will pose a threat to us this Saturday," he said.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/06/2019-afcon-qualifier-bafana-bafana-not.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eitsei(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
Abeg what time is the match today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2017
forgiveness:

Who be Nwakali, Osimhen, Orji, Onyekuru, Kelechi and Iwobi wey dem no go bench? shocked grin

I hear Ndidi but Onomah go put am for bench. Sorry. grin
Solanke can't bench Nacho or Onyekuru(at the moment). Same for Lookman.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2017
zoboizee:
Since Amodu left, we've not beaten them convincingly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2017
5pm Nigerian time is the game time
The way these South Africans dey talk ehhhh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2017
forgiveness:

Which one be joke? Na fact I dey tell you, oh.. ha! grin

but how can a grown man even say something like this na? Solanke better than Iheanacho? When his speed is zero, dribbling abilities zero, technicality zero, how is he better than Iheanacho? Because he scored 4 goals at the U20? An italian guy has 5 goals in that same competition playing as their number 7 i think.

The rest of the comparisons you made are just.....shocking

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2017
eitsei:
Abeg what time is the match today?
5pm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jakandeola(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2017
zarzar jayceon lionessza I knw dat u like to chat rubbish against us let maje a bet if u beat naija today I gree dat u are best country in d world and I neva attack u if we beat u u will neva talk shhit against us and u will neva come online for 2 weeks. rubbish banana banana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2017
jakandeola:
zarzar jayceon lionessza I knw dat u like to chat rubbish against us let maje a bet if u beat naija today I gree dat u are best country in d world and I neva attack u if we beat u u will neva talk shhit against us and u will neva come online for 2 weeks. rubbish banana banana

Lol, but nobody cares what you think. You can still hold on to whatever beliefs you had, whether Bafana wins or loses.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2017
jakandeola:
why bring this clowns here?

u know we are all abt matured discussions here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
pls update me on iheanacho's next destination next season... did west ham finally sign him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2017
Mickael2:

but how can a grown man even say something like this na? Solanke better than Iheanacho? When his speed is zero, dribbling abilities zero, technicality zero, how is he better than Iheanacho? Because he scored 4 goals at the U20? An italian guy has 5 goals in that same competition playing as their number 7 i think.

The rest of the comparisons you made are just.....shocking

I tell you...his basis for such lopsided rating is on the brim of where they hail from in Nigeria not necessarily on their skills
he is one moniker here...one can easily tell where he hails from...considering his players selection though he sometimes add one or two players from other parts of the country to make it look as if he is being fare...in his quest.
I learnt to always overlook his biased comparism

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 9:58am On Jun 10, 2017
jotey:
Confirmed Line -Up.

Daniel Akpeyi

Shehu Abdullahi

Elderson Echiejile

William Troost-Ekong

Chidozie Awaziem

Ogenyi Onazi

Oghenekaro Etebo

Wilfred Ndidi

Ahmed Musa

Alex Iwobi

Kelechi Iheanacho
Pls forgive me oo is Mikel injured? and the midfield looks flat and kind of defensive
I would always prefer Iheanacho playing as an attacking midfielder with a striker probably entering for one of the midfielders probably Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2017
RichardKajola:

Pls forgive me oo is Mikel injured? and the midfield looks flat and kind of defensive
I would always prefer Iheanacho playing as an attacking midfielder with a striker probably entering for one of the midfielders probably Ndidi.
The midfield is very solid . Etebo ,Onazi and Ndidi combinations the best for super eagles. Etebo and Ndidi can play attacking football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Mickael2:

The rest of the comparisons you made are just.... shocked shocked grin.shocking

E bi like say dis oga no watch d matches or at least
YouTube.

You mean Solanke doesn't speed? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke can't dribble? shocked shocked grin

You mean Solanke technically is zero? shocked shocked grin

Is Kelechi not known for poaching goals? shocked shocked grin

Abi Kelechi dey dribble all the players for field come score? shocked grin

Lookman is far better than Onyekuru. grin Take it to the bank.

Ojo is miles ahead of Orji. That's right. grin

Who be Nwakali were Onomah dey? Common!
Nwakali na small pikin compared to Onomah. ;

Who else? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2017
tbaba1234:

That is why we have under 17 and under 20 coaches. Manu Garba, Ugbade and Amunike boys are already becoming important members of the Super Eagles.

Rohr's primary job is to get the best team, he can assemble.

The best team should have the best players available.

However, the quest becomes subjective with far from clear selection criteria.

Are these the best players available to Nigeria I would say a resounding No.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), Philosopher1979, Toylove, etebefia, Cecco90, elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.