Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643056 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10939) (10940) (10941) (10942) (10943) (10944) (10945) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Great question!

grin grin It seems Pinnick and co are running background scams and nothing really is happening regarding their supposed switch. Jamaicans and other Caribbean nations get cleared quickly so why is ours different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Newly promoted Serie A club salernitana interested in out of Favour super eagles duo joel obi and simy nwankwo. Genoa, udinese and torino also interested in simy. Croton demanding 10m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Garanada to offload super eagles midfielder Ramon Azeez.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
do4luv14:

Only their two??

What that league did to Chinedu Obasi career is still fresh in my mind,

Victor would had gone same way, if he had not leave, so any of our players moving to the German League is a no no for me, otherwise they were born and bred in Germany

God bless u i share same thought on this

The league is not good for our home grown players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
I hear you but I feel he needs somewhere less high profile and close to his comfort zone to rediscover his form. A return to Granada in Spain would be ideal in my opinion.

Granada played in the Europa League and beat Napoli last season is that not also high profile?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
komekn:
I

That's not what l have heard.

Finally not sure he will qualify for work permit.
which work permit is this man still talking about?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
jihday:
Are they playing soon?

Yes. The Aisha Buhari tournament in September. The players will meet up in Austria for preparations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
you didn't see "close to his comfort zone''?

BascoVanVeli:

Granada played in the Europa League and beat Napoli last season is that not also high profile?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So Wolfsburg could have decided to go against a contract they signed See how u don't even want to admit the simplest thing just to be right.

What exactly do you want me to admit?
That Liverpool should run their transfer policies like Wolfsburg??
You probably missed the part where I said no club could meet Liverpool's 10m valuation of Awoniyi last season.. How much would have an option to buy deal changed anything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Yes they did fairly well but it hasn't been quite mind blowing in comparison to our guys who went to England, France and Italy. Spain has been the most challenging top 5 league for our strikers. Off the top of my head can't remember any of our forwards who did well in La Liga except Christopher Ohenhen.

Where that ohenhen sef Is he still alive??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

What exactly do you want me to admit?
That Liverpool should run their transfer policies like Wolfsburg??
You probably missed the part where I said no club could meet Liverpool's 10m valuation of Awoniyi last season.. How much would have an option to buy deal changed anything

So why are u trying to make it sound similar to Osimhen's situation Is 10m the same a 3.5? Just changing the narrative for nothing.

Are we forgetting that Victor was made to go on trials before he joined Charleroi? Wolfsburg wanted to give him away and God blessed him to get to a perfect spot. Right now football rates Awoniyi way higher than Osimhen was at that time. This by no means is a shot at Vitor but we all know these are 2 different situations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
you didn't see "close to his comfort zone''?

Yea he played at Granada but they are also a completely different team with new players and coaches

He also played at udinese I think

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
no knows but he's definitely alive and doing ok.

do4luv14:

Where that ohenhen sef Is he still alive??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Nope he never played in Udinese. Modified he signed for them but immediately joined Granada on loan.

Yes Granada might have a different squad and coach right now but I feel going back to familiar surroundings like there's might be the best for him.

That's just my opinion anyhow wherever he eventually ends I will surely be rooting for him to succeed.

BascoVanVeli:

Yea he played at Granada but they are also a completely different team with new players and coaches

He also played at udinese I think

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

So why are u trying to make it sound similar to Osimhen's situation Is 10m the same a 3.5? Just changing the narrative for nothing.

Are we forgetting that Victor was made to go on trials before he joined Charleroi? Wolfsburg wanted to give him away and God blessed him to get to a perfect spot. Right now football rates Awoniyi way higher than Osimhen was at that time. This by no means is a shot at Vitor but we all know these are 2 different situations.

But situations are similar because Chareloi could have decided not to sign Osimhen after his loan spell..It was an option to buy not obligation to buy... The same way the clubs Awoniyi played for could have decided to try and sign him permanently after his loan spell.. He had no work permit in UK then,so Liverpool won't have opposed the sale....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Championship club Barnsley have had a bid for former Manchester United winger Tosin Kehinde rejected by Danish Superliga team Randers.

The offer worth £500,000 (approximately N350 million in Nigerian currency) was rejected by Randers because it did not meet their valuation of the 2019 Nigeria U23 invitee.

Though Kehinde is in the plans of manager Thomas Thomasberg for the new season, Randers would be forced to sell the player if they receive an offer in the region of 1.5 million euros.

The 23-year-old emerged as a key player for Randers in 2020-2021, helping the club win their second Danish Cup and finish sixth in the Superliga.

In 32 outings across all competitions, the Randers number 10 directly participated in ten goals (2 goals, 8 assists).

Kehinde had stops with the youth teams of Manchester City and Manchester United, before sealing a transfer to CD Feirense, from where he moved to Randers.

He has a contract with Randers until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
andrew444:

But edi i am yet to use the word overrated in our argument, why do you keep going there?

So if someone says player A is better than player B means player B is overrated ?

Grealish created more big chances, so does that mean he is better than the players he created chances more than ?

He created big chances than mohammed salah , does that mean he is better than mohammed salah?

No matter how you try to change this topic, i will win you as far as these 2 players are concerned for now

Why are you so angry about people saying English players are over hyped? let them pour their opinion and you self pour our yours abeg

I guess you are still angry that england didnt win the euros

I am yet to even diss grealish here self so please take that overhyped talk out of this argument ,me wey dey follow person argue say why grealish no dey start for england but ekuke mount dey start

Now please ask your self is grealish even worth 100 million euros as transfer fees ?

examples of overrated players below who are not english

Ousmane dembele
Kai Harvetz
Asensio
Joao Felix
Luka Jovic

We go always dey talk truth if we see, be it english player or anyone

Oga Havertz is not overrated. Look at his stats before he turned 21, look at his goals and assists
So because he didn’t perform well in his first season in England, he is now overrated. Hi blame Lampard for playing him in a different position. Havertz in Germany was competing for German footballer of the year and lost to Marco Reus with just 37 votes, he was second
I am sure you could see a difference between the Havertz that played under Lampard and the one under Tuchel

P.S I am not comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo but look at that stats below before you say he is Overrated. Do you know how many clubs want to buy Havertz? Bayern, Madrid. Bayern wanted him to stay one more season and get him for free as they always do to their other clubs in Bundesliga. Chelsea took advantage of Covid-19 to buy him as all clubs were suffering financially

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
andrew444:

Is he Worth the 126million euros transfer fee at first hell No ?

Has he been impressive ? Hell No

Yes he is good but overrated

You don't seem to know talent.

Joa Felix I saw played against Chelsea will be among top 5 players in world soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Yes they did fairly well but it hasn't been quite mind blowing in comparison to our guys who went to England, France and Italy. Spain has been the most challenging top 5 league for our strikers. Off the top of my head can't remember any of our forwards who did well in La Liga except Christopher Ohenhen.

Very well, not average

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
quickberry:

Very well, not average
40 goals in 174 OK a little bit decent but like I said not mind blowing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
Onyedika takes over from Onyeka in the midtjylland midfield.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
It seems the lack of midfielders transcends our men's national team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Oga Havertz is not overrated. Look at his stats before he turned 21, look at his goals and assists
So because he didn’t perform well in his first season in England, he is now overrated. Hi blame Lampard for playing him in a different position. Havertz in Germany was competing for German footballer of the year and lost to Marco Reus with just 37 votes, he was second
I am sure you could see a difference between the Havertz that played under Lampard and the one under Tuchel

P.S I am not comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo but look at that stats below before you say he is Overrated. Do you know how many clubs want to buy Havertz? Bayern, Madrid. Bayern wanted him to stay one more season and get him for free as they always do to their other clubs in Bundesliga. Chelsea took advantage of Covid-19 to buy him as all clubs were suffering financially

My guy is harvetz worth his transfer fee?

Harvetz is a very good player no doubt but still overrated

Same you that used to call bundesliga farmers league but you are taking his stats there serious

Harvetz no do pass mario gotze at young age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Ndidi already teaching the boys some lessons in training grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
andrew444:

My guy is harvetz worth his transfer fee?

Harvetz is a very good player no doubt but still overrated

Same you that used to call bundesliga farmers league but you are taking his stats there serious

Harvetz no do pass mario gotze at young age.
Oga Havertz was 70m£ na why you dey talk like say we buy am over 100m£
Person Dey call am farmers league because say na only one club Dey carry the league for there, not because say good players no Dey there
Oga Gotze no get the number of goals wey Havertz don score at the same age

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Oga Havertz was 70m£ na why you dey talk like say we buy am over 100m£
Person Dey call am farmers league because say na only one club Dey carry the league for there, not because say good players no Dey there
Oga Gotze no get the number of goals wey Havertz don score at the same age

You are more concerned about his goals before 21 ,at young age harvetz no ball reach Mario gotze and e no do pass am and that’s pure facts

Is harvetz better than gotze at 21 ? Hell No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

But situations are similar because Chareloi could have decided not to sign Osimhen after his loan spell..It was an option to buy not obligation to buy... The same way the clubs Awoniyi played for could have decided to try and sign him permanently after his loan spell.. He had no work permit in UK then,so Liverpool won't have opposed the sale....

Because they had a buy clause inserted in the contract. That's how it works. How many times will we go over this? Liverpool never gave that option to any club loaning Taiwo Awoniyi. How on Earth is that the same Na wa ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eawwal(m): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
I saw this on skysport, I'm curious about the minors they signed from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Subzero047:
It seems the lack of midfielders transcends our men's national team

Thought they said this Leicester player made the team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Ex-UEFA Youth League star Onyedika makes competitive debut for FC Midtjylland; Onyeka absent
Nigerian defensive midfielder Raphael Onyedika made his competitive debut for FC Midtjylland as they were defeated 2-1 by Odense Boldklub in the opening match of the new Danish Superliga season, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

The 20-year-old is one of the players tipped to replace Frank Onyeka in the heart of midfield and he started in that position in Friday evening's game at the MCH Arena.

Super Eagles star Onyeka was not listed in the Wolves matchday 18 with a transfer to Premier League new boys Brentford still on the cards.

Onyedika showed what he is capable of during the 2019-2020 edition of the UEFA Youth League, starring as FC Midtjylland reached the quarterfinals of the competition.

The following season, the FC Ebedei product got a taste of first-team football during a loan spell at second-tier side FC Fredericia, for whom he made 28 appearances.

The season went well for the physically strong and pacy midfielder and he was named in the Team of the Season by TV3.

OB secured all three points thanks to a 91st minute goal by Joergen Skjelvik, while Pione Sisto netted for the home team after an hour of play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
humility33:

Thought they said this Leicester player made the team?

Yes She is a defender, Megan Ashleigh Plumtre

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
Unrelated news:

Kevin Love and Bradley Beal have withdrawn from Team USA

(1) (2) (3) ... (10939) (10940) (10941) (10942) (10943) (10944) (10945) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.