Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11642900 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10949) (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ppogbae:
Guess who's in camp? grin grin

Plumptre, the bae fine oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
do4luv14:

Plumptre, the bae fine oo
Una don start cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

cheesy doesn't even have to jump to dunk grin if he stands in front of the rim and raises his hands nobody is getting past. I mean even elite dunkers would have a hard time going around him.

If by any mistake a trainer will help him become a little bit slimmer and more agile.

It’s over for the entire world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ppogbae:

That lady in the middle sha grin

She came ready grin wish i can take her out for dinner
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
fabyom:
I am not Eze. lol! (Just joking)

Bro if you are close to him, please relay my message. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
andrew444:

Umar sadiq is an African so you should know that Núñez will be more expensive than him and umar sadiq is more older

The African factor doesn't play here, because Nunez was also not European.

South Americans in Europe are usually the same value as Africans in Europe.

It is only when they are purchased from their respective home continents that the chasm is obvious.

I also believe that they will sell him not more than 20m.

This is because they tend to sell their marque signings by 10m profit. They bought sadiq for 5m
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

However I read an article about walking trees like him and BB and what I saw was that the excessive height might be a curse than a blessing for basketball based on some other guys that tall. It is said at that height, those few guys are usually not so athletic and they could also suffer from severe injuries. Case in point is China's Ming almost 8ft tall but BB was just not for him and some other Iroko trees too.

U are wrong. Yao Ming's injuries were mostly because he played basketball all year round. Once every NBA season was over he was rushed to China to represent their national team. He was asked if that was why his career got cut short and he said as much without bashing the Chinese officials.

Like I have said before Manute Bol played into his 50s and he was taller than Yao Ming.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
charlesemeka85:
SCORENigeria can exclusively report that Premier League clubs Leeds United and Aston Villa were also interested in signing Kano-born Alhassan Yusuf before he finally sealed his transfer to ambitious Belgian club Antwerp.

A top source who is familiar with the midfielder’s transfer negotiations told SCORENigeria: “Yes, there was late interest from Aston Villa and even a meeting with Leeds United for Alhassan Yusuf.

“But the negotiations between IFK Goteborg and Antwerp were far advanced as the Swedish club were desperate to sell as the player only had a year left on his contract and next year he could walk away a free agent.”

SCORENigeria further gathered that Yusuf’s case may even have been discussed at the board level at Leeds.

Interestingly, the midfielder, who has been widely compared to N’Golo Kante, has interested several Premier League clubs in recent times even though he has yet to represent Nigeria at any international level.

Linus Petersson of Swedish newspaper Goteborgs-Posten said Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United made offers for Yusuf previously.

“Sheffield United made an offer, but Gothenburg refused,” the journalist revealed.

“In the summer of 2019, he was in the radar of Wolverhampton, but his work permit stood in the way of a transfer.”

Newly promoted Brentford were also recently linked to the former FC Hearts star.

“There was a lot of interest initially when he broke through (the first team). Since then, it has probably become a little smaller, partly based on the team’s performance but also that people might have expected more from him when it started so well,” further explained IFK Goteborg sports director Pontus Farnerud.

Just as I revealed

TheLoneCitizen:
I can confirm that truly EPL clubs had strong interest in Alhassan Yusuf.

But the offer of guaranteed first team football (he is a direct replacement for Nimes-bound Martin Hongla) and UCL football from Antwerp was too good.

Club Brugge, Rangers and some Premier league clubs all matched Antwerp's offer.

European scouts view him as Ngolo Kante regen.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Una don start cheesy

ah nO lie ooo,
But ah go settle with my delicious Franny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
So super falcons submit Plumptree papers sharp sharp and fifa don clear am all within this year but super eagles dey use 2 years dey await clearance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
I no understand them
Neobulletzz:
So super falcons submit Plumptree papers sharp sharp and fifa don clear am all within this year but super eagles dey use 2 years dey await clearance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U are wrong. Yao Ming's injuries were mostly because he played basketball all year round. Once every NBA season was over he was rushed to China to represent their national team. He was asked if that was why his career got cut short and he said as much without bashing the Chinese officials.

Like I have said before Manute Bol played into his 50s and he was taller than Yao Ming.

I was referring to Sun Ming Ming and not Yao ( my bad, I should have been clearer). Secondly Manute Bol played for a long time though he passed on at 47 (official age at least). Anyways wishing the young man the best!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Now that's the real meaning of Dongoyaro,

Chaiiii what kinda tall is this biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Read that aribo is likely to move to the epl this summer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
Neobulletzz:

How many years did Akpoguma's clearance take? Na who wan clear himself go clear himself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seyi ojo linked with a move to Bayer leverkusen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
It will take some getting used to seeing an ''oyinbo'' reppin the GWG bless her grin Wishing her and all the rest of the newbies a great career with the Super Falcons.

Ppogbae:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Jamb, Sat and Bmat question rolled into one.

Even the Olise being unavailable for selection due to no passport is fishy because without saying much I know for a fact that Nigerian passports can be procured sharply even overseas.

Neobulletzz:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

The African factor doesn't play here, because Nunez was also not European.

South Americans in Europe are usually the same value as Africans in Europe.

It is only when they are purchased from their respective home continents that the chasm is obvious.

I also believe that they will sell him not more than 20m.

This is because they tend to sell their marque signings by 10m profit. They bought sadiq for 5m

The African factor plays here bros

He doesn’t need to be European sir ,South American players are always rated higher than African players and will always be sold higher than African players so what are you saying ?

A brazillian like Wilfred ndidi will be rated higher than him and even sold higher than him

If you think South American in Europe are usually the same value as west African then you are lying to your self

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
Guy na so this tin dey pepper your body all these years? grin

andrew444:
38 year old Daniel alves will be playing at the Olympic this week ,we can understand that this one of the most decorated player in football that has won it all apart from the World Cup ,he knows the importance of the Olympic just as most Nigerians do .

But many hypocrite Nigerians will say Olympic gold doesn’t matter because their so called goat hasn’t won it

Yeye Dey smell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Wonder why has not been playing preseason friendlies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Just as I revealed

I don’t think epl teams where ever interested sir

Make una Dey leave speculations at times

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
chrisooblog:
Guy na so this tin dey pepper your body all these years? grin

E pepper me and I no wail and cry the way all of una cry after copa America win

Una never see anything grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Dessers scored a brace 4 Genk in a preseason game today

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
do4luv14:

ah nO lie ooo,
But ah go settle with my delicious Franny
You sure say space remain for you? Franny get too many lovers oh gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Den he won't move.... Since it is coming from ur source grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
The final list is in..

CC: Bascovanveli

Jordan Nwora, Precious Achiuwa, Gabe Vincent, Caleb Agada, Obi Emegano, Jahlil Okafor, Miye Oni, Ike Nwanu, Josh Okogie, Chiemeze Metu, KZ Okpala and Ekpe Udoh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

I thought you had all the knowledge with regard to things like this...Abi na another wash??

Here's some education for you https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/57161133

You need some education, you quite clearly lack the capacity to respond substantively. I asked you to explain and educate me. But you have done NOTHING.

Getting a work permit is not a routine exercise for players who are not outstanding or exceptional talent. That's the basic framework for a work permit in England.

Now that you have been enlightened explain how he met the criteria for a work permit. It's very simple.

I know multiple players from Africa who were not outstanding but found ingenuous, but still legal ways to meet the criteria and or evade by circumstance the requirements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:
The final list is in..

CC: Bascovanveli

Jordan Nwora, Precious Achiuwa, Gabe Vincent, Caleb Agada, Obi Emegano, Jahlil Okafor, Miye Oni, Ike Nwanu, Josh Okogie, Chiemeze Metu, KZ Okpala and Ekpe Udoh

Sad that Gbinijie, Okoye, Iroegbu and Moneke couldn't made the cut..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
chrisooblog:
Jamb, Sat and Bmat question rolled into one.

Even the Olise being unavailable for selection due to no passport is fishy because without saying much I know for a fact that Nigerian passports can be procured sharply even overseas.

Haha when I dey see that Olise issue say na passport delay am, I dey wonder say Shey no be Naija passport again wey men dey use money run within days na him people dey talk say dey delay a whole player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
komekn:

You need some education, you quite clearly lack the capacity to respond substantively. I asked you to explain and educate me. But you have done NOTHING.

Getting a work permit is not a routine exercise for players who are not outstanding or exceptional talent. That's the basic framework for a work permit in England.

Now that you have been enlightened explain how he met the criteria for a work permit. It's very simple.

I know multiple players from Africa who were not outstanding but found ingenuous, but still legal ways to meet the criteria and or evade by circumstance the requirements.

The new rule is that playing regularly in a top 5 league qualifies a player for work permit in England.
As per awoniyi he can have a career like Yakubu Aiyegeni. He can score regularly for average teams in the top 5 league like Yak did. Teans like Union Berlin and Aston villa. Wether he is good enough for top teams like Liverpool or Juventus is what I don't know

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
I don't know how true this is

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10949) (10950) (10951) (10952) (10953) (10954) (10955) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m), maidaboi(m), Friday03 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.