Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11683101 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) (11042) (11043) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
JayromWrites:

Trust me we dont rate Ndidi as much as some people.. you need to read the review for Ndidi

Then how come he is been passed by this elite clubs in this window
If he was a European or English i am so sure he would have been chased by big teams by now that's what I mean

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
andrew444:

Big clubs dont rate ndidi? You are wrong

Spend more time on European football discussions outside nairaland

Bro Forget all that you and I know had it been Ndidi was a european or English he would have been chased by big elite clubs in this window thats the rating i mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

If he was a European or English i am so sure he would have been chased by big teams by now that's what I mean
he has a long contract with Leicester and won't come cheap if they decide to sell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
that is one thing many here don't see in nwakali's game

Superb player with finesse, good passing range and deadly on dead balls I must confess but very clumsy off the ball and looks weak as well when going for tackles

Coaches of this generation love hardworkers most especially in the CM position where they help the CDM in covering ground when the team is not in possession as well as pushing the team forward when they hv the ball. The Nwakali I know doesn't have such agility and pace and this is the main reason why alot of clubs passed him on after spending time with them on loan

No sane coach will deploy the trio of ndidi(CDM), nwakali(CM) and iwobi(AM) in his team to start a game unless he wants to kill ndidi with stress before his time cheesy

Thanks alot Bro

Patriotism will not make many of us say this
Not a good CM i must say will even prefer Etebo that run round at least he will make some interceptions and help push the ball up front once a while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
he has a long contract with Leicester and won't come cheap if they decide to sell.

I believe with 60M Leicester will be tempted to sell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Oga u are beating around the bush. The point is that there is a lot of money coming in the bank. I do know about exchange rates so u don't need to give me a lecture.

Please lets stick to foot ball
Lots of money coming in the bank and same world bank report estimated large chunk of Nigerians earn less than 1$ per day so where is the money coming from

U should know that only very few persons command this wealth in the country. I am not been pessimistic but it is delusional to say all is well in a country where things keep getting worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

I believe with 60M Leicester will be tempted to sell
his buy out clause is 60m currently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
his buy out clause is 60m currently

That's not too much for a proven player
Moreover a serious club can add player swap to beat down price
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

Thanks alot Bro

Not a good CM i must say will even prefer Etebo that run round at least he will make some interceptions and help push the ball up front once a while
i have been saying this along time ago after noticing it in his game but many here tagged me a hater instead.

I once had big hopes on him and expected alot but after failing to tie down a starters shirt in a lower ranked eirdivisie team and the 2nd team of FC Porto I gave up.

The coaches who coached and watched him closely in training and matches but deemed him not good enough for their respective clubs are far way knowledgeable in the game than me who is just a fan but a novice so I see no reason i won't go with their judgement unlike many here who re still living in the past based on his exploits at the U17 world cup

His performance improved with alcoron last season in laliga 2 but to be honest that's not enough to even think of him as an option in our current Snr national team. I just pray and hope he settles well in Huesca this coming season to build on his good showing last term.

To me this is a break or mar season for him with regards to getting a chance in the super eagles because players do spring up every season for us and I believe before the end of this coming season 1 or 2 players may be discovered which will make things more difficult for him to break into the team.

We have the likes of frank onyeka and Alhassan already with onyekachi apam's nephew Lesley Ugochukwu at the age of 17 starting games for renne which is a decent club in Ligue 1, raphael nwadike also is getting game time at Danish giants Mityjlland where he has a champions league goal to his name already, ex u20 midfielder oladoye is already a starter at Gent and have even scored in the UEFA conference league just last week after joining the Belgian side last yr

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

That's not too much for a proven player
Moreover a serious club can add player swap to beat down price
yes bro but you have to consider the fact that he is African.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

Thanks alot Bro

imagine we are to play a team like CIV today can Nwakali withstand a player like frank Kessie in midfield battle? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
imagine we are to play a team like CIV today can Nwakali withstand a player like frank Kessie in midfield battle? cheesy
In our local parlance, its said that shit no dey dey inside belle smell" We cannot judge until such happens. Maybe that day can be a good day in office for him and a bad day for Kessie. Just like Sunny Mba battled with Yaya toure in 2013 Afcon.
You never can tell. If you don't know him and just watched him against Ath Madrid in Uyo, you will be screaming. But he only had a good day @ office that even Partey was amazed at what he was seeing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ibuks12(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
chrisooblog:
Seems the Osimhen vs Abraham debate is about to be reignited this season grin may the better striker win.

The level of trust fans and pundits have in Osimhen is extremely HUGE, I pray he justifies OUR Trust...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
dozai:

In our local parlance, its said that shit no dey dey inside belle smell" We cannot judge until such happens. Maybe that day can be a good day in office for him and a bad day for Kessie. Just like Sunny Mba battled with Yaya toure in 2013 Afcon.
You never can tell. If you don't know him and just watched him against Ath Madrid in Uyo, you will be screaming. But he only had a good day @ office that even Partey was amazed at what he was seeing.
your post is full of sentiment but devoid of reality. I had so much hope in him once and followed his career closely after his exploits with amuneke's U17 world cup winning team but when my expectations were dashed I moved and never gave excuse nor sentiment room to blind me from reality

Nwakali for now can't even make super eagles 2nd team let alone starting in an afcon game against Gambia let alone CIV. Dude needs to bulk up and work on the defensive aspect of his game if he wants to reach his full potentials.

The likes of arsenal, NAC breda abi vv venlo and Porto B why didn't any retain him after his marvelous showing against an experimental ATM team in a preseason game at uyo if that is a yardstick?

The partey that his performance wowed is a seasoned professional now with arsenal while the 'wower' is not even sure of seeing much playing time in laliga 2 with Huesca this coming season

Atimes mk we leave sentiment and face fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
ibuks12:

The level of trust fans and pundits have in Osimhen is extremely HUGE, I pray he justifies OUR Trust...
i foresee him having a good season. He will get 15 goals in the league or more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
dozai:

Sunday MBA was just lucky but when his luck disappeared where em dey now?

He is suppose to be younger than Moses, elchiejile, brown ideye,Mikel and Musa who re still playing active football but dude have been clubless for over 3 years now after his turkish 2nd tier side released him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

Heard they're going for the guy in Rennes it seems we are the only ones that rate Ndidi here so many of this big clubs dont rate him
because camavinga is younger and cheaper. He has just a yr remaining in his contract and renne are ready to even sell him below 30m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
Una go dey praise Nwakali that hv been a kind of redundant for the past 4 seasons in Europe but will jump to any possible opportunity to insult an Iwobi who hv been playing non stop in the epl for over 5 seasons now

9ja fans I hail una cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

Please lets stick to foot ball
Lots of money coming in the bank and same world bank report estimated large chunk of Nigerians earn less than 1$ per day so where is the money coming from

U should know that only very few persons command this wealth in the country. I am not been pessimistic but it is delusional to say all is well in a country where things keep getting worse

Let's stick to football but u put two paragraphs in for good measures. U are still making my point because I said there is money in the country. I didn't say everybody was comfortable so stop twisting my words.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Let's stick to football but u put two paragraphs in for good measures. U are still making my point because I said there is money in the country. I didn't say everybody was comfortable so stop twisting my words.
Anayo iwuala cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

I don't know the response to give to you try convert those piles of naira notes to dollars/euros/pounds and then you won't be told to shake your head in pity

The fact that you see someone at the bank make withdrawals or deposit doesnt mean the money is theirs used to do that at my first place of work then in abuja deposit large sums in bank daily and make withdrawals of huge sums but still my salary then was not even up to 100 dollar per month. Those money were not mine
Do you spend dollars in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
Aribo and Balogun start for Rangers against Malmo, they need to beat Malmo to qualify for the Champions league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Films excuse. Is he the only one to have had a long contract at leicester? The same club that sold maguire, kante, mahrez, chilwell all for big prices. According to Sulaiman (a Nigerian journalist) a top football agent said that ndidi is ready for the Big Elite Clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Goal, Rangers score 2-2 on aggregate

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
dis una over expectation and hype on Nwakali I pray it doesn't break hearts here

Me no get "over expectation oooo", his stats for alcorcon last season was ok.
I hope and expect him to grow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
Two Nigerian strikers transfer to Serie A, David Okereke joins Venezia on loan from FC Brugges and Simy Nwankwo joins Salernitana from relegated Crotone for €6 million.

copied

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
Dessers scored today

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Aribo and Balogun are out of UCL. Rangers deservedly lost to Malmo FF. The later came from a goal down to win 2-1 away after going one man down

Rangers messed up sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

Why are we acting like we don't know why top clubs aren't interested in Ndidi....at least , we know he is no Kante. If I was a coach I will not invest in Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Al Ahly have signed Percy Tau from Brighton.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Ndidi's problem is that he was born in Nigeria. His age is in doubt

(1) (2) (3) ... (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) (11042) (11043) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Marjoribanks and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.