Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,984 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837592 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11154) (11155) (11156) (11157) (11158) (11159) (11160) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

So Antonio finally Succumbed to Jamaica grin

A player of that Calibre who is always certain to score every weekend couldn't make it to the England Squad. Wow

Unlucky dude

He has been called up twice for England but he didn’t come off the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2021
Correction please

Our game is 5pm. Which means 3pm in Cape Verde.

We are two hours ahead. Gracias.

I initially mixed it up no thanks to the initial mistake made by the NFF/Super Eagles handle in calculating the time difference. Was following their CV ahead calculation when infact we are ahead.

TheSuperNerd:
Yeah, same thing it's showing too when I made a few checks but I decided to drop the Official graphic shown by the Super Eagles official handle themselves because they indicated that it's 4pm but 2pm Naija time.

So it's one of 2 things.

Perhaps the 5pm we see is the local time in CV which would mean 3pm Naija time.

Or the 5pm could just be a mistake and it's actually 4pm meaning 2pm Naija time.

In the end, we know say we get game for afternoon. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2021
Yes, but we will still miss them. They aren't in CV.

Danielnino00:
UPDATE!

Kalu and Ebuehi second covid-19 test retuned back negative...No cause for alarm..

And the kickoff time for our game is 5pm not 2pm.....

Confirmed from the super eagles official Facebook page

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
drDoom3:
After Senegal and Algeria, Ivory Coast is one of the toughest countries to face in Africa right now. Even without Zaha, Pepe, Amad, and Kessie, see the way they are dominating the Cameroonians.

In the knockout rounds, we should hope not to meet them. Any of Ghana, Egypt, Mali or Dr Congo groups would be the best draws for us. Ivory Coast will likely make it out of this group.

Cameroon no sabi play ball baba

I have been saying this for long

The Ivorians are good but nothing special

Senegal and Algeria Na Baba and these 2 should be the only team we should fear and maybe Morocco

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
Ahmed Abdullahi is a real young gem. Just a matter of time before he bags a good contract abroad. A top talent at the last U-17 Wafu Qualifiers bagging a quickfire Brace off the bench vs CIV in the final.
Was bound to shine and get more noticed at the U17 Afcon before it got cancelled.
Hopefully his time comes soon enough.

Philosopher1979:

Actually, a lot of our players will start playing for foreign nations. Particularly those who
spend too much time in obscure leagues or moreover, strikers as we are producing
too many strikers and wingers.
For example, Stephen Gopey (a former Npfl player) is doing well in Ukraine (which is a top 10 league in Europe)
but with the way we are producing strikers, he may end up playing for Ukriane as it may take sometime
before our coaches notice him.
This is why i laugh at those against us using foreing born players. In modern sports anybody can play for anybody
and with the mass migration that is a feature of the modern world, playing for another country is possible.

Meanwhile watchout for Ahmed Abdulahi the boy was part of our last u-17 and big European teams
are chasing him up and down. Dortmund, Marseile etc are after him during one of his training sessions
in Europe it was reported he scored 15 goals in 2 days. scorenigeria.com.ng is covering his development.
The boy is only 17 and the hype around him is very big. He is a striker (another testament to the large amount
of striking talent we are developing)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Didn't make it down to Lagos in the first place because of Covid. He has been isolating in Germany since and should be back to action and the open after the international break.

andrewbaba44:

What about akpoguma?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Ejuke can manage that. He is the closest thing we have to am.
Ha u have a crazy idea. Why not try Daniel Francis dada from our u17. He is part of Bayern Munich world selection for talented youngsters. Maybe even Samson tijsni. Our u17S can stake a claim here

I'm really surprised at how everyone here thinks Ejuke will make a good 10, I watch him every week and his creativity and play making is below par.

One of our best players no doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Correction please

Our game is 5pm. Which means 3pm in Cape Verde.

We are two hours ahead. Gracias.

I initially mixed it up no thanks to the initial mistake made by the NFF/Super Eagles handle in calculating the time difference. Was following their CV ahead calculation when infact we are ahead.

If you are still wondering when we would be in action today.... I repeat, we play by 5pm Naija time... i.e. 3pm in CV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2021
You are wrong Citizen. "Below par" paints the wrong picture of Ejuke's Creative and playmaking abilities.

You know this is same way you watched Dessers week in, week out and conclude he is better than both Osimhen and Haaland. grin

Look, I watch Ejuke too weekly and believe he can do a makeshift job behind a striker at least for today's game if it comes down to that choice with Kalu out of the picture.

Ejuke created 45 chances in 24 starts (25 games) in 2019/2020 at Heereneven in the Eredivisie alone.

'Created 24 chances in 18 starts (25 games) in his first season in Russia - 2020/21 season.

And so far in 21/22, lad has created 5 ​chances in 4 starts (6 games) in the league alone.

You watch the lad, yes. But I guess you don't observe enough to see he has the potentials to play the role if need be.

And I know you rate the lad but at times it is as if you feel you have to drop one or two sour points on lads you rate so as to seem unbiased towards them. But truth is, I feel in doing so, you end up making some wrong assertions. wink

TheLoneCitizen:

I'm really surprised at how everyone here thinks Ejuke will make a good 10, I watch him every week and his creativity and play making is below par.

One of our best players no doubt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Rohr speaks ahead of the CV game

Source: ScoreNigeria

“It’s a different pitch because and we are not used to playing on a synthetic pitch, some of our players have played on this pitch before when they were playing in Nigeria, but they are now in Europe,” he explained.

“We trained in Lagos on a synthetic pitch, but this one is softer and this is better to play on.

“It will be hot (on match day), but we have to adapt and give our best.

“We have to change the team, we have only 19 players available for this game and we have some problems and it’s a challenge.”

The Eagles coach further said the home team want to win after they drew their opening qualifying match against Central African Republic.

“Cape Verde want to win because they drew their first game,” he said.

“We have been preparing since we were in Lagos, but Cape Verde had more days to recover.

“It will be a physical challenge, but we will be ready.”

Rohr has done his homework on the tactics the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde will employ against his team:

“They like to play quickly in the attack, they have wonderful players like Mendes, they have players in France and they have offensive players,” he said.

“They like to set up with three at the back and we know they like to defend, but we have our idea and we have our tactics to score goals and win the game.

“I know it won’t be easy with our situation, but we are a super commando, and we have to show our fighting spirit.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You are wrong Citizen. "Below par" paints the wrong picture of Ejuke's Creative and playmaking abilities.

You know this is same way you watched Dessers week in, week out and conclude he is better than both Osimhen and Haaland. grin

Look, I watch Ejuke too weekly and believe he can do a makeshift job behind a striker at least for today's game if it comes down to that choice with Kalu out of the picture.

Ejuke created 45 chances in 24 starts (25 games) in 2019/2020 at Heereneven in the Eredivisie alone.

'Created 24 chances in 18 starts (25 games) in his first season in Russia - 2020/21 season.

And so far in 21/22, lad has created 5 ​chances in 4 starts (6 games) in the league alone.

You watch the lad, yes. But I guess you don't observe enough to see he has the potentials to play the role if need be.

And I know you rate the lad but at times it is as if you feel you have to drop one or two sour points on lads you rate so as to seem unbiased towards them. But truth is, I feel in doing so, you end up making some wrong assertions. wink

Thank you TheSuperNerd.

I was taken aback when i met the words "below par".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr speaks ahead of the CV game

Source: ScoreNigeria

“It’s a different pitch because and we are not used to playing on a synthetic pitch, some of our players have played on this pitch before when they were playing in Nigeria, but they are now in Europe,” he explained.

“We trained in Lagos on a synthetic pitch, but this one is softer and this is better to play on.

“It will be hot (on match day), but we have to adapt and give our best.

“We have to change the team, we have only 19 players available for this game and we have some problems and it’s a challenge.”

The Eagles coach further said the home team want to win after they drew their opening qualifying match against Central African Republic.

“Cape Verde want to win because they drew their first game,” he said.

“We have been preparing since we were in Lagos, but Cape Verde had more days to recover.

“It will be a physical challenge, but we will be ready.”

Rohr has done his homework on the tactics the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde will employ against his team:

“They like to play quickly in the attack, they have wonderful players like Mendes, they have players in France and they have offensive players,” he said.

“They like to set up with three at the back and we know they like to defend, but we have our idea and we have our tactics to score goals and win the game.

“I know it won’t be easy with our situation, but we are a super commando, and we have to show our fighting spirit.”

It seems rohr has grow some balls

He now talks boldly grin

I love this new spirit sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2021
Reason why I highlighted that last part. It is indeed interesting. Lol

Even Elyte89 should be stunned. grin

But I hope he also grows balls as regards who he picks today. He has to make the right calls with 16 outfield players. No time for loyalty picks. Pick the lads who can get the job done today.

humility33:

He now talks boldly grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2021
Super Eagles in CV: Yesterday's training pics

Terem Moffi in his world. cool

The Naija Lukaku getting ready.

Courtesy: @modovictorekene

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2021

Frames 1 & 2 - Innocent Bonke

Frame 3 - Awaziem and Ozornwafor [in blurred background, Okoye (R), Yobo (L), Rohr (2nd R)]

Frame 4 - Some of the lads.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2021

Moffi vs Omeruo & Adeleke

*Moffi shot obviously blocked by Adeleke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2021

Frame 1: Awaziem looking pumped (Zaidu & Uzoho in background).

Frame 2: Ejuke vs Moffi (as Simon and Collins look on)

Frame 3: Ejuke vs Moffi (with Simon cut off in background)

Frame 4: Kingsley guarding Osimhen (Simon far behind in blurred background).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2021

Ahmed Musa will definitely bag his 100th international cap today.

'Will go equal with Yobo on 100caps and will be just one cap behind Legendary Vincent Enyeama on 101 caps.

Bound to equal it and break it in the next international break in October.

Pics courtesy: @modovictorekene & @OgaNlaMedia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2021

Frame 1: Onyekuru in "serious game" mode.

Frame 2: The Super Boy, Uzoho and The German Wall, Okoye.

Frame 3: Akpeyi prepping up

Frame 4: (L-R) Zaidu (cut off), Omeruo, Onuachu, Shehu, Adeleke, Ejuke. (Collins behind Onuachu).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2021

Frames 1-3: Osimhen strikes!

Frame 4: Awaziem controls as Ejuke looks on in blurred background.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2021

- Ozornwafor

- Onuachu

- Shehu

- Collins (Osimhen & Kingsley watch on)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2021

- Simon vs Adeleke

- Okoye pumped up

- Bonke vs Simon

- Kingsley in action vs Omeruo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Terem Moffi in his world. cool

The Naija Lukaku getting ready.

Courtesy: @modovictorekene

Terem moffi fine player ,and some people Dey find draw

Omo we go beat cape Verde

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
poshemmanuel:
Cape Verde - Nigeria

Live on NTA

Time: 4:30 pm.

I no go stress my eyes with NTA

Hesgoal thank you ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Live on sport tv 2 portugal

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dammywapes(m): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Match kna by 5pm and NTA no dey show away match...
poshemmanuel:
Cape Verde - Nigeria

Live on NTA

Time: 4:30 pm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
humility33:

He now talks boldly grin

I thought I was the only one who noticed but let's hope he won't tell us later say na joke o grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Goke7:

I thought I was the only one who noticed but let's hope he won't tell us later say na joke o grin
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes, but we will still miss them. They aren't in CV.

Omo,I'm not even sure which Lineup to think of..
our squad is quite lean... Especially in midfield..
Maybe Rohr will learn from this and take the midfield list more serious...
Since he took over, he has been calling up 3/5 midfielders...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Danielnino00:

Omo,I'm not even sure which Lineup to think of..
our squad is quite lean... Especially in midfield..
Maybe Rohr will learn from this and take the midfield list more serious...
Since he took over, he has been calling up 3/5 midfielders...

Maybe a 3 4 3 with Bonke/Micheal and Shehu and Two wing backs

I will say Sanusi and Ebuehi

Then Musa and Henry flanking Osimhen

But I think Simon might start

Well anyways, team is good enough for a win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
If we beat Cape Verde with this depleted and lean squad.... then people should respect and stop judging Rohr based on inconsequential friendly matches.....
No Iwobi
No iheanahcho
No ndidi
No kalu
No balogun
No ekong(VC)
No etebo....... ahhhh meeehn forget if we win this game with that slim midfield then rohr is decent coach

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11154) (11155) (11156) (11157) (11158) (11159) (11160) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, Truidstarr, Meliforme, komekn(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.