Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11790023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11219) (11220) (11221) (11222) (11223) (11224) (11225) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

Even in any league,to score 30 league goals is not easy at all.
Anyone who is able to score 30 goals in a single season in any league have my respect.

Is messi,ronaldo and lewandoski's goals revolutions that is making people think is easy to score even 20 goals in a season.

Cr7 and Messi made people think that to score at Laliga is easy ,players are now scoring more in the epl this days more Than Laliga

Onuachu might just repeat such again

We are watching bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:10am On Sep 23, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

How is supporting your country man childish? I don't agree at all.

There's a difference between supporting your countryman and being a nuisance...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2021
ChrisKels:
Zambians are gonna crash the Internet for Patson the son of Daka. They are annoyed that Kelechi went for a thunderbolt instead of passing to a not-so-well positioned Daka. I even read that KC begged them not to vex, that he would pass to Daka next time. grin

Zambia and Uganda have some of the most loud mouthed fans in Africa for real....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DelEnderson: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Why is Kelechi Iheanacho back on the bench at Leicester this season?
https://chaosdigestbysolace.substack.com/p/why-iheanacho-is-on-the-bench-again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2021
ChrisKels:
Zambians are gonna crash the Internet for Patson the son of Daka. They are annoyed that Kelechi went for a thunderbolt instead of passing to a not-so-well positioned Daka. I even read that KC begged them not to vex, that he would pass to Daka next time. grin
grin

This Zambians sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
temi1290:

"Delivered consistently when given the chance" for how many years,is it not just the second half of last season? Messi that you mentioned has been killing it since 04 so why would you compare them?

Good-maybe
World class- big NO

Your own opinion. Pray tell me how many World class players you know apart from the obvious two?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

Zambia and Uganda have some of the most loud mouthed fans in Africa for real....
Those are real fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
Premier League Productions' Nigerian pundit Anita Nneka Jones has challenged Emmanuel Dennis to maintain his consistency over the course of the 2021-2022 season.

The Nigeria international has had a fine start to his career in the English top-flight, with a goal involvement of three (2 goals, 1 assist) in five appearances.

Dennis put in a man-of-the-match performance as Watford defeated Aston Villa 3-2 on the opening day, netting less than ten minutes into his Premier League debut.

Jones has praised the striker for how quickly he has adapted to the Premier League following his move from Belgian champions Club Brugge.

Speaking on Premier League Today, Jone said : "It doesn't get much better scoring ten minutes into your Premier League debut for your new club in the opening weekend of the new season against a very ambitious Aston Villa side, and that's exactly what he did.

"He's also managed to get another goal to his tally just last weekend against fellow promoted side Norwich City so it's two goals in five appearances.

"You've got to say that's a positive start especially when we hear how long it can take players to get used to the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

"He's pretty done well, also considering that he has come from a league that's less competitive from the Premier League so really the question now is can he maintain that consistency across the course of the season".

Dennis and Watford had a difficult patch, losing three successive matches in the top-flight, but returned to winning ways by beating Norwich City last weekend.

The Hornets have a big test after getting knocked out of the Carabao Cup with a home game against Newcastle United coming up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Like they say in our local parlance do am if e easy na!

Paul is just very unlucky not to have moved this transfer window nothing anybody can say otherwise.

If Emmanuel Dennis and that Tanzanian dude forgotten his name could move straight to EPL with lesser performances then there's no reason Onuachu shouldn't have moved. I think between his club and agent somebody missed a trick.

andrewbaba44:

Cr7 and Messi made people think that to score at Laliga is easy ,players are now scoring more in the epl this days more Than Laliga

Onuachu might just repeat such again

We are watching bro

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:
Those are real fans.
na so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

Same goes for the South Africans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
Like they say in our local parlance do am if e easy na!

Paul is just very unlucky not to have moved this transfer window nothing anybody can say otherwise.

If Emmanuel Dennis and that Tanzanian dude forgotten his name could move straight to EPL with lesser performances then there's no reason Onuachu shouldn't have moved. I think between his club and agent somebody missed a trick.

Well said bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:

Your own opinion. Pray tell me how many World class players you know apart from the obvious two?

You mean there are no world class players apart from cr7 and Messi ? If you are saying this then I don’t think you should continue watching football

And are you calling iheanacho a world class player ?

I will be waiting to hear from you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You mean there are no world class players apart from cr7 and Messi ? If you are saying this then I don’t think you should continue watching football

And are you calling iheanacho a world class player ?

I will be waiting to hear from you
Bros...name them na..apart from the obvious two...week in week out...month in month out.....name them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:

All the top teams across top leagues(top 5) in d world have at least 3 or more world class players,
Man city,
Liverpool ,
Barcelona ,
R.madrid,
Man u,
Chelsea,
Juventus ,
Bayern ,
Psg,
Inter, etc.
Even arsenal ,all these have world class players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

All the top teams across top leagues(top 5) in d world have at least 3 or more world class players,
Man city,
Liverpool ,
Barcelona ,
R.madrid,
Man u,
Chelsea,
Juventus ,
Bayern ,
Psg,
Inter, etc.
Even arsenal ,all these teams have world class players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:
Bros...name them na..apart from the obvious two...week in week out...month in month out.....name them.

World class players wey Dey football too plenty

So because Messi and Ronaldo are world class and they are among the greatest to grace the game meant others aren’t world class

So because Messi and cr7 are world class ,de Bruyne kante salah Neymar salah zlatan benzema suarez Kane should not be regarded as world class players also ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:
Is not only forward players that can be world class .
koulibaly of napoli can be regarded as a world class player but u won't think so because he a defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

There's a difference between supporting your countryman and being a nuisance...

Sure but I don't see anything u guys are complaining about as nuisance worthy. People are just sharing the opinion about the team. Nigerians do it all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

Man city,
Liverpool ,
Barcelona ,
R.madrid,
Man u,
Chelsea,
Juventus ,
Bayern ,
Psg,
Inter, etc.

Mancity =De Bruyne ,Ruben Dias , Fernandinho ,they have many but I just mentioned this 3

Chelsea = kante ,Thiago Silva ,lukaku

Juventus = bonucci ,Chiellini, will think of more later

Liverpool = Salah mane vvd ,they still have Thiago and co

Barcelona = De Jong ,Jordi Alba , aguero ,they still have more despite their struggles

Man U = pogba ,Bruno,cavani ,I don’t need to mention cr7 due to respect and he is on a league of his own

Psg= Neymar mbappe Ramos ,them too many for this team also

Inter = dzeko Arturo Vidal ,Milan skirinar

Bayern = lewandowski kimmich manuel neuer

Madrid = benzema Modric courtois,they still have some others

Arsenal = Aubameyang

Napoli =kalidou koulibally

ATM = griezman suarez Jan oblak

BVB= Haaland Marco reus/axel witsel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

Is not only forward players that can be world class .
koulibaly of napoli can be regarded as a world class player but u won't think so because he a defender.
If na Nigerian, una no go call am world class....una go say why e still dey Napoli since?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

Man city,
Liverpool ,
Barcelona ,
R.madrid,
Man u,
Chelsea,
Juventus ,
Bayern ,
Psg,
Inter, etc.
Full of NEPA players...on and off..consistency is lacking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truidstar:

I don't even know what to say

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Mancity =De Bruyne ,Ruben Dias , Fernandinho ,they have many but I just mentioned this 3

Barcelona = De Jong ,Jordi Alba , aguero ,they still have more despite their struggles

Man U = pogba ,Bruno,cavani ,I don’t need to mention cr7 dude to respect and he is on a league of his own

Arsenal = Aubameyang

At Napoli, Insigne??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

Man city,
Liverpool ,
Barcelona ,
R.madrid,
Man u,
Chelsea,
Juventus ,
Bayern ,
Psg,
Inter, etc.

Even Vardy and Ndidi of Leicester are world class imho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olulong:

At Napoli, Insigne??

Insigne is not really world class

Top class player sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
Omo this Seniorman foney don tushhh o! See as he just dey blow the tin dey go grin

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1440963145116356610?s=20

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Man U = pogba ,Bruno,cavani ,I don’t need to mention cr7 dude to respect and he is on a league of his own

Arsenal = Aubameyang

U listed like 40 without even thinking too hard,but they r more than 70,
there r some that people might have forgotten easily maybe because of injury or loss of form but they r still world class.someone like hazard,tonic kroose and co.
From the time some started calling Ndidi world class,he was not yet rated among top 100 players in d world by then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
Great compilation

Not 100% sure Dias, De Jong and Skirinar are at World Class level.

Surprised you didn't add Jorginho for Chelsea grin

andrewbaba44:

Man U = pogba ,Bruno,cavani ,I don’t need to mention cr7 due to respect and he is on a league of his own

Arsenal = Aubameyang

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
chrisooblog:
Great compilation

Not 100% sure Dias, De Jong and Skirinar are at World Class level.

Surprised you didn't add Jorginho for Chelsea grin

Jorginho is never a world class Player ,even 60 percent of Chelsea fans will admit to this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
Napoleon55:

U listed like 40 without even thinking too hard,but they r more than 70,
there r some that people might have forgotten easily maybe because of injury or loss of form but they r still world class.someone like hazard,tonic kroose and co.
From the time some started calling Ndidi world class,he was not yet rated among top 100 players in d world by then.

Toni Kross and hazard are world class of course
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Victor osimhen's weakness in tight spaces worries me.. Is this something that can be improved upon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11219) (11220) (11221) (11222) (11223) (11224) (11225) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.