Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686075 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11224) (11225) (11226) (11227) (11228) (11229) (11230) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:20am On Sep 24, 2021
Ppogbae:
Super Eagles B to play DR Congo in next month's international window. Camping will start shortly.
Home based....Hopefully it doesn't count in our rankings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Besides goal-scroring, pace and whatever else, its osimehn's off the ball movement that makes Napoli tick. Watching him has been one of those moments for me where I've realised "If this guy does not play, the whole team does not tick".

You nailed it bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2021
elyte89:

Same way dey came out of nowhere prior 2018 grin

Han han, have you forgotten Joel Obi so soon grin grin grin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Another day, Another Osimhen Brace plus an Osimhen special gesture to Yours sincerely

Another Commanding Center forward Performance from My Man, Victor Osimhen. Superb showing. He could have bagged a hattrick infact. He could have done better in one or two other instances of play but it's okay, there are many more games to play and more goals to come for the Monster Machine.

Lots of positives in his display. A Center Forward with Mad Presence and Dynamic movements across the lentgh and width of the final third.

Another thing to be excited for is the variety in Osimhen's goals so far. He's done the Poacher's goal, the Aerial presence Goal, the fox in the box Goal, the battering ram Goal crowned with technique....

He is a striker who will find the net via any angle or any means. Not your regular tap-in merchant Striker. Victor will give you an all round performance plus the goals. This is one of the things that stand him out and I hope he continues to improve greatly and eventually write his name into the history books of the beautiful game.

Now, away from his performance on the field (his battleground for Glory), I wanna share a little something on his "off-the-field" performance....

Folks, Ladies and Gentlemen.... it is with great pleasure and honor that I show you the gift that Our Super Eagles Number 9, Victor Osimhen sent me recently.

A day after his Europa League heroics, Osimhen got in touch with me again through an associate of his and he eventually messaged me on Sunday (3 days after his World Class display against Leicester) after I had thanked him via Instagram chats.

He sent me one of his Top Original Napoli jerseys. Yes, you read that right. An Osimhen-delivered Napoli Jersey. grin

It came as a huge surprise because I was just in Cloud 9 for him and smiling at all the reactions of the British media because I knew after a performance like that, those reactions were inevitable. And in the middle of all that noise and praises, one of the first things he does is to contact me and send me a Jersey with room for more ofcos. wink

Note: I have had it since Tuesday but I decided to wait till after today's game to finally share it because I knew he would be on the scoresheet again. grin

I guess He's becoming Inevitable with every moment he gets on to the pitch.

In conclusion, believe me when I say emphatically that We have a great lad in Victor Osimhen. Not just a great player in the making. But a fantastic human with a great heart, a focused mind and a passionate spirit. And I have a thing for Serious Outlier talents. Talents that are generational. This is part of why I am a strong believer in the Crazy and Madly Exciting Limitless Talents of Victor James Osimhen. The Benin Boy From Olusosun.

Further Note: For more pics and a Vid, check my twitter. NL won't permit me to load more pics. Site says it's too large. grin

Just wanted to share this special moment/gesture with you. Osimhen sends his love to all Naija fans as well.... Good evening y'all cool

This is a good one from Osihmen and deservedly to you TheSupernerd, you more than deserve this.
If there's a way we can get TheSupernerd to be part of NFF, he sure deserves it and BascoVanveli as part of NFL, am sure they will do wonderfully well.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2021
ChrisKels:

Bro calm down your post was rather delusional than realistic. Where are the potentials or do you expect the supposed AM to come from the thin air or fall from heaven?
You were obviously not around during the Westerhof era... nothing is impossible. Like i said positvity always. Peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Truidstar:
You were obviously not around during the Westerhof era... nothing is impossible. Like i said positvity always. Peace.

The key word here is "potentials" which Okocha and co were, before they were given a chance by Westerhof. Who can you name as the potentials today that could emerge or be tried tomorrow?

Do we have a single AM still unpolished, that could turn out good tomorrow, or don't you understand the dearth of AM talents in our football today? I wouldn't argue this if it was about the CM because we have potentials there in Alhassan, Nwaks, Michael, Ejaria et al, but who can you name for AM.

Okocha didn't emerge from the thin air. Before he was given a chance he was in the league of Alhassan, Nwaks, Michael and Ejaria. So, that dream of an unforseen AM dropping from the sky, is utter delusional.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2021
charlesemeka85:
baba Osimhen don humble since he was in France

Na the same way I want nwakali to shut me up soon

Una still Dey expect magic from him the likes of Onyeka,alhassan,aribo,onyedika,ugochukwu and amoo to to follow soon emerged from nowhere

So when are you apologizing to the football world for saying that Eze nwoke Mbaise would be a bench warmer in the EPL that he ain't got no work rate and no coach would tolerate him as he would be overrun by the physicality of the EPL. You said Ejaria was better. Do you know it has been two windows yet Ejaria is still stuck in the English Championship while Eze is being hailed as one of the best AMs in the EPL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2021
This promote and sale business is real
Ppogbae:
Super Eagles B List for friendly vs DR Congo...

1. Steven Jude (Kwara United)
2. Afeez Nosiru (Kwara United)
3. Christopher Nwaeze (Kwara United)
4. Christian Nnaji (Rangers)
5. Chinonso Eziekwe (Rangers)
6. Tope Olusesi (Rangers)
7. Ugochuckwu Ugwuoke (Rangers)
8. Cyril Olisema (Enyimba)
9. Tosin Omoyele (Enyimba)
10. Stanley Nwabali (Lobi Stars)
11. Auwalu Ali Mallam (Rivers United)
12. Fahad Usman (Kano Pillars)
13. Mustapha Jibrin (Kano Pillars)
14. Mohammed Galadima(Wikki Tourists)
15. Chigozie Obasi (Enyimba)
16. Adewale Adeyinka (Akwa United)
17. Nerot Silas (Plateau United)
18. Uche Onwuasonaya (Rivers United)
19. Sanusi Abdulmutalif (Katsina United)
20. Henry Ochuba (Adamawa United)
21. Adeleke Adekunle (Abia Warriors)
22. Aliyu Mansur
23. Emo James (Bayelsa United)
24. Rabiu Zulkifilu (Plateau United)
25. Ibrahim Buhari (Plateau United)
26. Silas Nwankwo (Nasarawa United)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 10:21am On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Another day, Another Osimhen Brace plus an Osimhen special gesture to Yours sincerely

Another Commanding Center forward Performance from My Man, Victor Osimhen. Superb showing. He could have bagged a hattrick infact. He could have done better in one or two other instances of play but it's okay, there are many more games to play and more goals to come for the Monster Machine.

Lots of positives in his display. A Center Forward with Mad Presence and Dynamic movements across the lentgh and width of the final third.

Another thing to be excited for is the variety in Osimhen's goals so far. He's done the Poacher's goal, the Aerial presence Goal, the fox in the box Goal, the battering ram Goal crowned with technique....

He is a striker who will find the net via any angle or any means. Not your regular tap-in merchant Striker. Victor will give you an all round performance plus the goals. This is one of the things that stand him out and I hope he continues to improve greatly and eventually write his name into the history books of the beautiful game.

Now, away from his performance on the field (his battleground for Glory), I wanna share a little something on his "off-the-field" performance....

Folks, Ladies and Gentlemen.... it is with great pleasure and honor that I show you the gift that Our Super Eagles Number 9, Victor Osimhen sent me recently.

A day after his Europa League heroics, Osimhen got in touch with me again through an associate of his and he eventually messaged me on Sunday (3 days after his World Class display against Leicester) after I had thanked him via Instagram chats.

He sent me one of his Top Original Napoli jerseys. Yes, you read that right. An Osimhen-delivered Napoli Jersey. grin

It came as a huge surprise because I was just in Cloud 9 for him and smiling at all the reactions of the British media because I knew after a performance like that, those reactions were inevitable. And in the middle of all that noise and praises, one of the first things he does is to contact me and send me a Jersey with room for more ofcos. wink

Note: I have had it since Tuesday but I decided to wait till after today's game to finally share it because I knew he would be on the scoresheet again. grin

In conclusion, believe me when I say emphatically that We have a great lad in Victor Osimhen. Not just a great player in the making. But a fantastic human with a great heart, a focused mind and a passionate spirit. And I have a thing for Serious Outlier talents. Talents that are generational. This is part of why I am a strong believer in the Crazy and Madly Exciting Limitless Talents of Victor James Osimhen. The Benin Boy From Olusosun.

Further Note: For more pics and a Vid, check my twitter. NL won't permit me to load more pics. Site says it's too large. grin

Just wanted to share this special moment/gesture with you. Osimhen sends his love to all Naija fans as well.... Good evening y'all cool

Nice one supernerd. Me dey, all I want is to just touch the jersey. Forget about tight or open space this guy is a complete striker. Every manager dream striker, Can play any system. This guy will score at least 30 goals this season. I have said it before and I will say it again he will win 2022 Africa footballer of the year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2021
ChrisKels:

The key word here is "potentials" which Okocha and co were, before they were given a chance by Westerhof. Who can you name as the potentials today that could emerge or be tried tomorrow?

Do we have a single AM still unpolished, that could turn out good tomorrow, or don't you understand the dearth of AM talents in our football today? I wouldn't argue this if it was about the CM because we have potentials there in Alhassan, Nwaks, Michael, Ejaria et al, but who can you name for AM.

Okocha didn't emerge from the thin air. Before he was given a chance he was in the league of Alhassan, Nwaks, Michael and Ejaria. So, that dream of an unforseen AM dropping from the sky, is utter delusional.
3 paragraphs? Stay positive bro. Peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2021
Super Eagles B will be participating in a tournament in Congo DRC. It starts in just 6 days.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Osimhen to this comment: Mtcheewwww

After refusing to pass to him always he will like this comment cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2021
elyte89:

U and nwakali..shey d guy steal ur money/gf b4 ni grin

Maybe he is obsessed with nwakali cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

[i]Another Commanding Center forward Performance from My Man, Victor Osimhen. Superb showing.

this is awesome
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2021
Truidstar:
Oga, negativity and pessimism permeates and spreads..even to your personal life. Keep it up Sir.
Oga, ko deep toyen na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2021
zuchyblink:
This promote and sale business is real

at least they can generate incomes from it to persecute more, promote, and sales more, for the good of the game at home

but the Mighty question is, after this Pinnick led Nff, will the new one be humble enough for carry on from where he stopped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Danielnino00:

So the super eagles and super eagles B will be playing in the same international window...

How's it even going to work out as regard our FIFA ranking score?
NFF should put a hold on this rubbish first, the most annoying part is their coaches are mediocre, Eguavoen and Aigbo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2021
maidaboi:
looks like Odey is enjoying football in Denmark with 2 brace already
water don find him level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2021
I hope this is not home based players playing friendlies that negatively affect Super Eagles
FIFA rankings due to their mediocre performances.

Ppogbae:
Super Eagles B to play DR Congo in next month's international window. Camping will start shortly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2021
The Dutch or Belgian league would be good for him.
charlesemeka85:
I see him leaving Sweden soon to a bigger league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2021
It might be he has Nigerian ancestry through one of his grandparents because his Transfermarket.com flag has only that of England,meaning he's not eligible for Nigeria.

TheSuperNerd:
ICYMI Shocker: Liverpool's Curtis Jones has Nigerian Heritage

Do you know before now that the talented Central Midfield player, Curtis Jones (20 yrs) has a Nigerian Father?

Nothing much is known about his dad. Only his mum, Sandra comes to mind and is known by the media. Well, Curtis' GF, a British-pakistani revealed on her tiktok that Curtis is indeed of Dual heritage. Curtis is British-Nigerian but I don't know if he strongly identifies with his Naija roots.

So now you know. CURTIS JULIAN JONES is Half British and Half Nigerian. Wonders. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2021
Ppogbae:
Super Eagles B will be participating in a tournament in Congo DRC. It starts in just 6 days.
is it FIFA approved like the women's own we hosted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
I've repeatedly said it here when it comes to passing to Iheanacho Ndidi turns to Pirlo, I don't know why he can't pass that way to his other teammates, now look at this pass

https://twitter.com/SSE_NGA/status/1441010181073215496?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yeah I saw it Kudos to KC too for his nice dribbling run and excellent finish.

Subzero047:
I've repeatedly said it here when it comes to passing to Iheanacho Ndidi turns to Pirlo, I don't know why he can't pass that way to his other teammates, now look at this pass

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ndidi assists to Iheanacho in 2021(4), Ndidi assists to his other teammates in 2021 (1)
Subzero047:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Subzero047:

It's called chemistry. They are brothers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Woa! What a nice gesture by Victor. I have always said his character was more impressive than his talent. This is really nice. I can't stop smiling over here grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2021
Player of the week

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

It's called chemistry. They are brothers.

Well it would be good if he has that chemistry with his teammates it's a team's game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Player of the week
Player of the month loading..

Season Golden Ball loading. So also Boot.

Its this Afcon ish now I'm worried about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
ChrisKels:

I agree with you boss. I have been watching Liverpool recently and I dare say they don't use AMs (correct me if I am wrong). That said why can't we work with what we have, let baba Rohr see how to bring people like Nwakali, Alhassan to the party and develop them. My own 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
Subzero047:

Well it would be good if he has that chemistry with his teammates it's a team's game

The Iheanacho goals also count for the team. Nobody is even expecting him to be making assists so those passes are a bonus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11224) (11225) (11226) (11227) (11228) (11229) (11230) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), elyte89, damagnificentusb(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.