Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,882 members, 7,848,569 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11852377 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11254) (11255) (11256) (11257) (11258) (11259) (11260) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2021
Ppogbae:
Onuachu's hattrick from last weekend:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElevenSportsBEn/status/1442391055836516353

See first goal grin grin

He needs to work on improving his first touch and finishing.
The way he’s scoring e co be like say dem no sabi play ball for Belgium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2021
Ppogbae:
Onuachu's hattrick from last weekend:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElevenSportsBEn/status/1442391055836516353

See first goal grin grin

He needs to work on improving his first touch and finishing.
Subzero047:

The first two goals are very hilarious grin
The most shittyyy hattrick i have ever seen in my life. Tueeh, what's that first touch and unnecessary drama. Evidence of farmers league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
Finally, the closest to taye taiwo we will ever get in this dispensation...but a much more flexible/sleeker version of d legend.

CALVIN BASSEY
Unless have not seen this boy play. He's no where near taye taiwo even when he was poor. This dude is sitting on the bench weekly for 28 years old borna barisic. Defensively, aina, collins & zaidu are still better than him. He's only good at bombing forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2021
12large1:

Finidi yes just by a little. But, that’s it. Remember finidi had only few world class seasons and was a flop at england. A place where moses got an epl title and was an integral part
Yes you are right Large But Finidi was a class with Ajax.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2021
Sosap:
Onuachu, the man of the moment.

If you need Personal or Business loan from within 50k -500k and you are sure you can pay back within 6months then contact me. But note that interest rate is 3% monthly and know that I will surely pay you a visit to know where you live or if you stay outside Lagos, I will get someone to get in touch with you. You don't need collateral for this loan and there is no processing fee or any hidden fee. Chat me on WhatsApp 0 9 1 3 0 9 0 5 0 2 5

Louder on onuachu ,the real man of the moment

Some of them was thinking last season was a fluke but dude has continued from where he stopped

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Louder on onuachu ,the real man of the moment

Some of them was thinking last season was a fluke but dude has continued from where he stopped
Onuachu has been scoring goals right from his time in Denmark. Its not a new thing. I only wonder why the Nigerian Peter Crouch has not moved to a top league. His numbers are there for all to see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
comodo:

Onuachu has been scoring goals right from his time in Denmark. Its not a new thing. I only wonder why the Nigerian Peter Crouch has not moved to a top league. His numbers are there for all to see

His Denmark goal stats is different bro

Don’t make it look like onuachu was averaging 1 goal in every 2 games at Denmark

131 league games at Denmark and 51 goals is not that impressive to me and cannot be compared to 68 league games and 51 goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
zoboizee:

Unless have not seen this boy play. He's no where near taye taiwo even when he was poor. This dude is sitting on the bench weekly for 28 years old borna barisic. Defensively, aina, collins & zaidu are still better than him. He's only good at bombing forward.

He is a foreigner, hense we must kiss the ground he walks on....smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
In the future, I will remember Musa for his 4goals at the world cup, but I will never celebrate him as someone who managed a century of caps for the eagles. Yobo and Enyema got theirs on merit, Musa is getting his fraudulently, hence, in my book, I can never place him in the same league as those previous two. A century of caps must be earned, and every count of it must be merited otherwise it looses its value. The NFF should stop the history of helping players to fraudulently earn a 100 caps to the detriment of the team. Well, this is Nigeria, a failed state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Really happy with Osimhen's goal scoring exploits this season. In just 7 games he has scored 70% of his goal tally for last season. He is also gradually building himself as the main man for the Neapolitans. Long may it continue.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
Well you are entitled to your opinion on Musa. Whatever the shenanigans of the NFF using all means by hook or crook to earn 100 caps I disagree that Musa is an undeserving of the milestone.

We can't just dismiss his performances at the World Cup as a mere footnote. If other players did what he did in those tournaments we will rightly praise them so why should Musa's own be different because you don't like him.

Musa has also been a constant presence in the team during the good and bad days. He was there when nobody wanted to associate with the team and they were called super chickens.

In output Musa has performed even better than some of our favorites. Is goals or assists Musa's numbers are up there with the best SE of the past and present.

We can criticize his current place in the team and say he has overstayed his welcome (by the way his case won't be the first Greats like Keshi, Kanu and Yobo stayed in the team past their prime) but I won't denigrate his contributions to the national team. No slander to the Governor

ChrisKels:
In the future, I will remember Musa for his 4goals at the world cup, but I will never celebrate him as someone who managed a century of caps for the eagles. Yobo and Enyema got theirs on merit, Musa is getting his fraudulently, hence, in my book, I can never place him in the same league as those previous two. A century of caps must be earned, and every count of it must be merited otherwise it looses its value. The NFF should stop the history of helping players to fraudulently earn a 100 caps to the detriment of the team. Well, this is Nigeria, a failed state.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Well you are entitled to your opinion on Musa. Whatever the shenanigans of the NFF using all means by hook or crook to earn 100 caps I disagree that Musa is an undeserving of the milestone.

We can't just dismiss his performances at the World Cup as a mere footnote. If other players did what he did in those tournaments we will rightly praise them so why should Musa's own be different because you don't like him.

Musa has also been a constant presence in the team during the good and bad days. He was there when nobody wanted to associate with the team and they were called super chickens.

In output Musa has performed even better than some of our favorites. Is goals or assists Musa's numbers are up there with the best SE of the past and present.

We can criticize his current place in the team and say he has overstayed his welcome (by the way his case won't be the first Greats like Keshi, Kanu and Yobo stayed in the team past their prime) but I won't denigrate his contributions to the national team. No slander to the Governor

Some times you lot quote others' posts not because you have got a different thing to say, but because you have got itchy fingers. So, after all the unfounded allegations of me showing disrespect to the player, you still reechoed my points on the last paragraph? You dey lucky say your name na Chris, if not ehh...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
DrKlever:
The most shittyyy hattrick i have ever seen in my life. Tueeh, what's that first touch and unnecessary drama. Evidence of farmers league.
Just like Andrew said,
U guys should contact Onuacho personally
outside of this thread n settle whatever beef he had with u guys.
If it was Osimhen that scored any type of hattricks,u won't say this

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
Finally, the closest to taye taiwo we will ever get in this dispensation...but a much more flexible/sleeker version of d legend.

CALVIN BASSEY

Why are you guys over hyping this boy? He is that good, yet he can't pin down a starting place at Rangers?

By the way, the boy should understand he is African, hence he should go make peace with his dad. He will only be ridiculing himself bearing his mum's maiden surname instead of his original surname(Ughelumba) just because the mum had a strained relationship with the father in Italy. I read the man never left and that he has been trying to be a part of the boy's life, instead the mum has been doing everything to turn the kids against their father, leaving the Ozubulu man in tears, as he couldn't stand his son turning to a total stranger just before his very eyes.

Dude, according to our naming culture, as the legal son of Ikenna Kingsley Ughelumba, you are Calvin Ughelumba, not Calvin Bassey, as your mum has forced you to ID with.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Why are you guys over hyping this boy? He is that good, yet he can't pin down a starting place at Rangers?

By the way, the boy should understand he is African, hence he should go make peace with his dad. He will only be ridiculing himself bearing his mum's maiden surname instead of his original surname(Ughelumba) just because the mum had a strained relationship with the father in Italy. I read the man never left and that he has been trying to be a part of the boy's life, instead the mum has been doing everything to turn the kids against their father, leaving the Ozubulu man in tears, as he couldn't stand his son turning to a total stranger just before his very eyes.

Dude, according to our naming culture, you are Calvin Ughelumba, not Calvin Bassey, as your mum has forced you to ID with.
What is your own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
cromz:
What is your own?

Teaching young kids ethics and norms as an African traditional man. Do you have any problems with that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
ChrisKels:
Ur post was on point up until ur last 2 words "failed state''
Nigeria is still a sovereign nation,
It is our leaders who failing us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Well you said he doesn't deserved to be celebrated like other centurions like Yobo and Enyeama without any firm points to back your assertion.

Yes we can say we don't like how Musa is getting his recent caps but how is it any different from Yobo who you compared him to?

It's your right to dislike Musa but you can't drop "hot takes" and not expect it to be challenged and drop a feeble excuse of itching fingers.

It's because you are Chris as well that I am also trying to understand your point.

ChrisKels:

Some times you lot quote others' posts not because you have got a different thing to say, but because you have got itchy fingers. So, after all the unfounded allegations of me showing disrespect to the player, you still reechoed my points on the last paragraph? You dey lucky say your name na Chris, if not ehh...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Napoleon55:

Ur post was on point until up ur last 2 words "failed state''
Nigeria is still a sovereign nation,
It is our leaders who failing us.

Well, our views must not always be in conformity. To me, Nigeria is a big joke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Well you said he doesn't deserved to be celebrated like other centurions like Yobo and Enyeama without any firm points to back your assertion.

Yes we can say we don't like how Musa is getting his recent caps but how is it any different from Yobo who you compared him to?

It's your right to dislike Musa but you can't drop "hot takes" and not expect it to be challenged and drop a feeble excuse of itching fingers.

It's because you are Chris as well that I am also trying to understand your point.

The point is simple, Musa was immense for the eagles in his best days, but as long as being a centurion is concerned, he got his through the backdoor unlike the likes of Enyama and Yobo, hence I will celebrate him for every other thing but being a centurion. He didn't earn it, rather it was given to him, politically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Well, our views must not always be in conformity. To me, Nigerian is a big joke
The name Nigeria have nothing to do with all these
It is the leaders and to a large extent people in Nigeria.
The amalgamation was a mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Teaching young kids ethics and norms as an African traditional man. Do you have any problems with that?

that's great, hope it include history too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Napoleon55:

The name Nigeria have nothing to do with all this,
It is the leaders and to a large extent people in Nigeria.
The amalgamation was a mistake

Only for the bolded, I say may your days be long, and may the gods never let you see any evil. The country needs to be disintegrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Was Yobo's own "earned"?

Going into the 2014 WC was Yobo our best defender? Remember at the time Omeruo and Oboabona were our defensive pairing. Keshi even dropped Joseph from the squad for some time until the WC came around so will you say Yobo fraudulently earned his 100 caps?

ChrisKels:

The point is simple, Musa was immense for the eagles in his best days, but as long as being a centurion is concerned, he got his through the backdoor unlike the likes of Enyama and Yobo, hence I will celebrate him for every other thing but being a centurion. He didn't earn, it was rather given to him, politically

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Yes, it’s his family issues and you shouldn’t meddle into that. Let’s focus on the football aspect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Was Yobo's own "earned"?

Going into the 2014 WC was Yobo our best defender? Remember at the time Omeruo and Oboabona were our defensive pairing. Keshi even dropped Joseph from the squad for some time until the WC came around so will you say Yobo fraudulently earned his 100 caps?

Were those on the bench as good as Yobo or was any of them doing better than Yobo at the club level? During Yobo's time, we didn't have capable hands and he was also still playing at the apex with Fenerbahce and Norwich in the EPL, hence, his was justifiable. Tell me where Musa plays, and tell me if Musa is as good as any of our present bench materials in his position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
cromz:
Yes, it’s his family issues and you shouldn’t meddle into that. Let’s focus on the football aspect.

No, you are wrong, it is already in the public. He is a public figure, and he is supposed to have his home in order so he doesn't become an object of ridicule. He needs to be reminded. You all be trying to be more Western than the westerners, hence sweeping our customs and traditions under the carpet. When a child is going the wrong way, you ought to give him corrections, then it is left for him to heed or not. He was not born out of wedlock, so it is silly for him to adopt his mother's maiden surname and have his own surname relegated. We believe in "afa m efuna"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
Musa plays in the same Turkey Yobo was at the time. About Yobo being better than those on the bench then why didn't Keshi recall him until few months to the WC? If he was at least good for the bench he would have involved Yobo for the crucial business end of the WC qualifiers.

ChrisKels:

Were those on the bench as good as Yobo or was any of them doing better than Yobo at the club level? During Yobo's time, we didn't have capable hands and he was also still playing at the apex with Fenerbahce and Norwich in the EPL, hence, his was justifiable. Tell me where Musa plays, and tell me if Musa is as good as any of our present bench materials in his position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Musa plays in the same Turkey Yobo was at the time. About Yobo being better than those on the bench then why didn't Keshi recall him until few months to the WC? If he was at least good for the bench he would have involved Yobo for the crucial business end of the WC qualifiers.

Same Turkey really? For a club that just got promoted? While Yobo was a starter for the then best club in Turkey, do you know Musa is a bench warmer for the worst club in Turkey?

Lol Musa that was getting call ups even when he was club less and a non playing Kano pillar?

So, you would take Egwuekwe ahead of the then Yobo who was in champions league with Fenerbahce?

Sorry man, I'm done with you on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2021
grin
ChrisKels:

Only for the bolded, I say may your days be long, and may the gods never let you see any evil. The country needs to be disintegrated.
grin
ChrisKels:

This guy u r funny,
But there is nothing u can do about it now,
disintegration,succession ,
there is nothing we can do about it now,
we just have deal with it,work hard for d family future generations,hoping that one day things we turn around,anything is possible,all we need is one true man.
U keep calling gods,
Well it is only one true God that determines when a nation is born or disintegrate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Napoleon55:

Just like Andrew said,
U guys should contact Onuacho personally
outside of this thread n settle whatever beef he had with u guys.
If it was Osimhen that scored any type of hattricks,u won't say this

No mind dem....double standard fellows..person score ordinary tap in,c as dem describe am like say na one 35yard curler he score grin grin..I am very sure if it was osimhen DT scored d same similar hat trick..next thing u will c hear majority saying is...he's d next apoty grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11254) (11255) (11256) (11257) (11258) (11259) (11260) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: typicalgamer(m), Elderniercri(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.