Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,805 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965609 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11314) (11315) (11316) (11317) (11318) (11319) (11320) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ppogbae:

This makes no sense. We were clearly ineffective on the wings (CAR picked this up and tied us up there) and lacked a midfield. How would the inclusion of such players ameliorate these areas of concern?
Not true. We were decent on the wings but the 18 yard box was clogged up, making us too desperate and frustrated. Imagine the number of blocked shots and crosses. A little composure inside the box, and CAR would have been dealt with seriously.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mickael2:

Not necessarily sure we used all these excuses to defend Keshi back in the days, fact is, the blame rests squarely with the Coach, if you haven't been paid and you don't want to perform then resign and the pitch excuse, come on! We've played in worse before, not as if the nonsense long balls we were playing today even needed a good pitch anyways.

First football match watched in exactly 18months and Rohr decided to bless me with this
i hail ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kog45:
Don't mind me joor you know I don watched different generations of eagles but for some people telling us 94 class were overrated,no I will not take that...so I needed to go to archives that Segun Odegbami,Adokiye,Muda Lawal,Christian Chuckwu of 80s will enter this team with ease talkless of 94 team.

Oh creative midfielder but I thought we are criticizing Victor Ikpeba for expressing his opinion and funny enough some started comparing Ikpeba with Iwobi,forgetting Ikpeba was former Africa footbalker of year.

Sure Rohr must go,forget Pinnick by the time Nigerians turn the heat on him he got know say Warri dey come last.

Who was the man that coached the 94 class.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
edi287:

Excuses. He should've resigned then and put Pinnick to shame.
As far as TODAY'S game goes - he is 100 percent responsible for this loss. He was content with being owed/paid late initially and that didn't stop him from winning games.
This excuse doesn't fly at all.

Story for the gods. Enough is enough it’s time that we collectively learn a lesson.
Coach is owed 8 months
Players 7 months
Pitch rubbish
Coach rubbish
Players rubbish
TBH, everyone is to be blamed. If pinnick sacks Rohr, then who sacks pinnick for owing salary and rubbish pitch

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Stop playing with yourself. Please, Manchester United builds from the back. You can hardly find a team in England, even Norwich that can't build from the back. There is a reason why it is called modern football. It is now adopted by most teams
man utd dont build from back unless they meet a team that plays low block.

Even at that , it is horrendous and labourious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
edi287:

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think the team played well when that criminal Salisu Yusuf was part of the coaching staff.
Maybe I'm overthinking things...

The team was even better when Salisu coached the team before Rohr took over.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kog45:
Don't mind me joor you know I don watched different generations of eagles but for some people telling us 94 class were overrated,no I will not take that...so I needed to go to archives that Segun Odegbami,Adokiye,Muda Lawal,Christian Chuckwu of 80s will enter this team with ease talkless of 94 team.

Oh creative midfielder but I thought we are criticizing Victor Ikpeba for expressing his opinion and funny enough some started comparing Ikpeba with Iwobi,forgetting Ikpeba was former Africa footbalker of year.

Sure Rohr must go,forget Pinnick by the time Nigerians turn the heat on him he got know say Warri dey come last.

I missed that part. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:

He has met his targets thus far. Although, I don’t think he is the man to win ANC but no one deserves to be owed 8 months in arrears
No one deserves that. But really if I have a sibling owed multiple months wages, I will advise the person to resign and drag the employer to court if na obodo oyinbo or a good court of law that the employer be taken to. For example, if the case goes to the sports arbitration court, we go pay all the arrears plus damages.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:

Story for the gods. Enough is enough it’s time that we collectively learn a lesson.
Coach is owed 8 months
Players 7 months
Pitch rubbish
Coach rubbish
Players rubbish
TBH, everyone is to be blamed. If pinnick sacks Rohr, then who sacks pinnick for owing salary and rubbish pitch
The pitch was even worse in the last game yet we still won.
These excuses are not going to cut it for Rohr today. He bleeped up big time and this loss on him and only him.
He was won games against better teams than CAR under these circumstances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I find it annoying when you guys say Rohr has taking us to the Moon when he lacks the essentials of scouting and building a platform. I can bet if Siasia, Amunike or Finidi were handling this crop of boys, they would have developed the team after years to know how to build from the back.
is the development of players the job of national team coach or club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
I'm not arguing with you guys concerning Rohr's incompetence but right now, which world class coach will like to coach a country that owes 8 months salary. Rohr is using Nigeria to shine and we can't pay him off because we are always cash trapped even though Pinnick could still lavish millions on FIFA president who visited him.

I think NFF has signed a slave contract with Rohr. Rohr will only leave when he is tired.

On the performance of our boys today, I think Uzoho did well if not for that goal. I am more confident in him than Okoye and Akpeyi. Did you all see the save he made with his legs? Okoye wouldn't do that.

Frank Onyeka, Joe Aribo, Chidera Ejuke (If not for his endless dribbings) all did well.

Our boys play to the gallery too much. No sense of urgency. They balloon balls to angels in heaven (Moses Simon was a major culprit) and they don't positiont themselves to score.

As it stands now;
Nigeria- 6pts
Cape Verde- 4pts
CAR- 4pts
Liberia- 3pts

Time to get your calculators Nigerians!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The team was even better when Salisu coached the team before Rohr took over.
I think people should be past defending Rohr's mediocre tactical acumen now. There are times we've gotten away with it but that is less and less frequent now and it needs to be addressed.
His schoolboy tactics/subs today is simply unforgivable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Meliforme:

Who was the man that coached the 94 class.
Clemens Westerhoff a dutch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kog45:

Lol I purposely stayed out of that debate because people were just spewing some kain blasphemous takes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nostradamus1:
man utd dont build from back unless they meet a team that plays low block.

Even at that , it is horrendous and labourious

Stop arguing something you don't know. Why do you think Manchester United signed Maguire?

Please next time sit down and watch Manchester United play. Count if they are just clearing the ball or building from the back.

Please read below and stop arguing this kind of thing.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nostradamus1:
italy is a counter attacking team that dont build from the back.

Stats can back this up. Btw, building from back depends more ball playing cbs and a good dm. Mention one super eagles cb that can build from back. Mention any of our defenders that play in teams that build from back

Balogun, Akpoguma are defenders you can trust to make good passes that will enable a building from the back.

Ebuehi is a ball carrying fullback.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mickael2:

Not necessarily sure we used all these excuses to defend Keshi back in the days, fact is, the blame rests squarely with the Coach, if you haven't been paid and you don't want to perform then resign and the pitch excuse, come on! We've played in worse before, not as if the nonsense long balls we were playing today even needed a good pitch anyways.

First football match watched in exactly 18months and Rohr decided to bless me with this
You are welcome back. Glad we lost then, at least it brought you back from whatever hole or rock you have been hiding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nostradamus1:
is the development of players the job of national team coach or club

You think Gavi who is 17 and playing from Spain is not getting development Working with Enrique in the national team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
solonnachi:
I'm not arguing with you guys concerning Rohr's incompetence but right now, which world class coach will like to coach a country that owes 8 months salary. Rohr is using Nigeria to shine and we can't pay him off because we are always cash trapped even though Pinnick could still lavish millions on FIFA president who visited him.

I think NFF has signed a slave contract with Rohr. Rohr will only leave when he is tired.

On the performance of our boys today, I think Uzoho did well if not for that goal. I am more confident in him than Okoye and Akpeyi. Did you all see the save he made with his legs? Okoye wouldn't do that.

Frank Onyeka, Joe Aribo, Chidera Ejuke (If not for his endless dribbings) all did well.

Our boys play to the gallery and they don't position themselves to score
I mean we all know this but it can not be used to defend what happened today.
People using that to cover up for Rohr's inadequacies are being ridiculous. Almost every coach we've had has faced these challenges.
As far as TODAY'S game is concerned, Rohr is 100 percent responsible for the loss. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kog45:
Clemens Westerhoff a dutch.

I asked because i know the man is not Gernot Rohr.

What will happen if Westerhoff were to handle this current crop?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
edi287:

I think people should be past defending Rohr's mediocre tactical acumen now. There are times we've gotten away with it but that is less and less frequent now and it needs to be addressed.
His schoolboy tactics/subs today is simply unforgivable.

That is why I hate judging teams by just result. Development in tactical efficiency of the players should serve as a priority.

However, people don't reason that way and keep praising him. Some even believe he has moved us far when our ball play and distribution is atrocious.

I regretted watching today's game because it was an eyesore. Do you have eye drop?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
How anyone can compare Mbappe with Haaland is unfathomable.

The Frenchman is clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
Parrot69:
Brothers and Sisters, Rohr has no reason whatsoever to lose this game.
This is not a disgrace he brought unto himself but also the National team and We the fans & supporters of SE.
I don’t think with the kind of stars we parade right now, no footballing country on the continent can boast of such talent. We are gifted all round!!
This is a wake up call, not only to the coach but also to the players, no team is minows right now on the continent. Most of the CAR team we played against are players from the 4th tiers in Europe. Some are home based, they were determined to prove a point and yes! They did it.
Kudos to their coach who was shouting all through the 90mins till he lost his voice.

My brother leave this thing u are saying, if CAR jam Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt I swear then you will know they f**king minnows.....they are minnows whether u say it or not

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
Devil will punish any bastardd that reject the recall of ighalo and Victor Moses. I am not even worried about CAR but in the final round (if we qualify) I don’t trust these young boys to do the job

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:
Devil will punish any bastardd that reject the recall of ighalo and Victor Moses. I am not even worried about CAR but in the final round (if we qualify) I don’t trust these young boys to do the job
I wish we had chukwueze on the field. Ejuke tried abeg. The other side wing was rubbish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:

I am not really sold on Igahlo. If Victor Moses wants back in then I am for it. He would easily walk into the starting lineup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
I was wrong about Onyeka! That boy seems a real baller oo. He really put on a show, even better than Ndidi has ever done for the Eagles in the DM position.

Ejuke is quite tricky.

Lol, not even a single decent cross from Simon in over 3matches. Musa is so poor, but he is better than Simon.

Awoniyi impressed me.

No point talking about the joke we parade as a coach.

Howfa, CharlesEmeka, between you and Idenna who is truly the lunatic, as has been proven by Rohr over and again? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
Osimehn a good hardworking player that fights for his team has to cut the nonsense of missing “half chances” stay calm in front of goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
Moses Simon should never wear Nigeria shirt again. Abegi I am tired. I don’t know when was the last time that he played exceptional in a Nigerian shirt.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
Osimhen was average today but at least he was trying to make things happen. Ball hit the bar, missed shorts and headers and laid it on a plate for Awoniyi. Wasn't Victor's day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
joelsteron:

I wish we had chukwueze on the field. Ejuke tried abeg. The other side wing was rubbish

Even chukwueze too I don’t trust in the final round. We want Victor Moses back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
witorwitoutyou:
WHAT IF WE DRAW DIS MATCH...MAKE DEM SHARPALY SACK ROHR

I DEY EVEN TALK ABT DRAW WHEN BE SAY NA BEAT DEM GO BEAT US

ANY BASTARD DT SUPPORTS RORH GOING FORWARD SHLD BE KILLED BY FIRING SQUAD OR TIE TO A BIG STONE AND PUSHED INSIDE AN OCEAN

ROHR SHLD BE FIRE ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (11314) (11315) (11316) (11317) (11318) (11319) (11320) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BannedLarge and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.