Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11603692 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11377) (11378) (11379) (11380) (11381) (11382) (11383) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
chrisooblog:
Oliseh used his personal money to feed team during CHAN preparations so your point is?

My point is that was CHAN, and this was a world cup. Also, how do you think the U17 survived? Amunike must have used his money. Just as Siasia did.

However, I am talking of no kits in a world cup proper, leaving the players in cold. They left the country with slippers.

Mbok it is not the same.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
peacefull:

Hello!
konichiwa... Ika ga desuka?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Stats no dey lie

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
NFF owe Oliseh money come deny dey owe am money grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Osimhen: I attribute half of my success to Amunike… he taught me discipline
]

https://www.thecable.ng/osimhen-i-attribute-half-of-my-success-to-amunike-he-taught-me-discipline/amp
Its no more tactics now. Na discipline
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
Its no more tactics now. Na discipline
Osimhen talked about instructions Amunike gave him that will take him through his career. He talked about the harshness in training and later understood it was to make him better.

In a nutshell.

To make it in the modern game, you need to work hard to meet the demands of the systems. If you don't have stamina and a high work rate, it is hard to fit in.

He also said Amunike taught him how to listen to the manager's instructions. This requires a high level of discipline to adhere strictly to the tactics laid out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen talked about instructions Amunike gave him that will take him through his career. He talked about the harshness in training and later understood it was to make him better.

In a nutshell.

To make it in the modern game, you need to work hard to meet the demands of the systems. If you don't have stamina and a high work rate, it is hard to fit in.

He also said Amunike taught him how to listen to the manager's instructions. This requires a high level of discipline to adhere strictly to the tactics laid out.
So you're saying Amunike is more disciplined than Rohr?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
isan:
Stats no dey lie
Which one of the teams are on the backfoot more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
isan:
Stats no dey lie

King Kong Ekong!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
So you're saying Amunike is more disciplined than Rohr?

I don't understand the question. More disciplined in what context. If it is in tactical setup, Amunike's set up requires a lot of stamina and tactical discipline to execute.

I will give an instance with the fluidity he gave Kelechi Nwakali in the U17. He played a deep role during build-up plays and used his passing and decision-making ability to find offensive players in space.

Then he has to transition into an attacking player when the ball gets to the attacking third, to make sharp incisive passes to get to attacking players between the defensive lines of the opposition.

This definitely requires disciplined tactical understanding and high stamina to execute.

The interchanging positions of players were a big part of Amunike's strategy. That was what was confusing to the Technical Study Group of FIFA. They did not understand the movements of the players and the reasons for them.

Rhor's plays are less demanding tactically and in movement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I don't understand the question. More disciplined in what context. If it is in tactical setup, Amunike's set up requires a lot of stamina and tactical discipline to execute.
No bro. I'm asking if you think Amunike is more of a "disciplinarian" than Rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
No bro. I'm asking if you think Amunike is more of a "disciplinarian" than Rohr

Rhor does not seem harsh in any way to me. Except when he drops players. He even gives me a defeatist vibe. Like it is okay with playing poorly.

Amunike gives me a hard-as-rock vibe and is very strict. Then he has high endurance, so you have no excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
that is the reason they find it difficult getting jobs outside the shores of 9ja

local coaches I respect till date is the late Christian chukwu and onigbinde

Christian chukwu is still alive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
charlesemeka85:
wetin mk am never get job since Tanzanian FA sacked him? Abi na only u Dey see his tactical acumen?
I would like him to do like that Southie coach guy making raves in Egypt with Al Ahly then GoodJoe can be vindicated. Otherwise na campaign after election GoodJoe dey do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I would like him to do like that Southie coach guy making raves in Egypt with Al Ahly then GoodJoe can be vindicated. Otherwise na campaign after election GoodJoe dey do.

Don't worry. Time answers all these things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

That South African coach at al ahly will do well as super eagles coach ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
My U17 Players Didn’t Need A Godfather To Make My Team – Emmanuel Amuneke

Ex-international and former Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has made a bold claim that the triumphant U17 boys led by him to the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile didn’t need a godfather to make his team.

There had been allegations of coaches and officials requesting for bribes and top officials vetoing names on final squad lists for tournaments but Amuneke said it wasn’t so during his time, he owe his players the truth and that is to believe in their ability.

“The important thing is to be honest with them,” Amuneke said during an Instagram Live Session. “I think I was so honest and straight to them. You know, the environment we all came from people don’t like the truth.

“I have young players, like my brothers that I was handling, I owe them the truth, and the truth is hard work is a non-negotiable term in whatever we are doing.

“We are in a country where people believe I must have a godfather. I must know somebody, one senator, for me to make it.

“You don’t need to know anybody. You need to believe in your ability. You need to continue to work hard. The people that will come around will be sent by God to help you to achieve your objective.”

https://omasports.com/index.php/2021/05/12/my-u17-players-didnt-need-a-godfather-to-make-my-team-emmanuel-amuneke/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
Amuneke Partners Imo FA …Trains Coaches

Chairman of the Imo State Football Association, Mazi Amanze Uchegbulam has commended former Nigerian player, Emmanuel Amuneke for his give-back initiative to the state.

Uchegbulam made the disclosure during the flag-off of a coaching training programme in partnership with Amuneke in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

According to him, the former international player partnered with the state FA to boost football games and practice saying he had shown patriotism and should be emulated.

He stated that Amuneke offered to train football coaches in the state at no cost to the state and expressed gratitude for the gesture.

https://www.sports247.ng/amuneke-partners-imo-fa-trains-coaches/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Amuneke Partners Imo FA …Trains Coaches

Chairman of the Imo State Football Association, Mazi Amanze Uchegbulam has commended former Nigerian player, Emmanuel Amuneke for his give-back initiative to the state.

Uchegbulam made the disclosure during the flag-off of a coaching training programme in partnership with Amuneke in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

According to him, the former international player partnered with the state FA to boost football games and practice saying he had shown patriotism and should be emulated.

He stated that Amuneke offered to train football coaches in the state at no cost to the state and expressed gratitude for the gesture.

https://www.sports247.ng/amuneke-partners-imo-fa-trains-coaches/

Note,

He is going around imparting tactical knowledge in young coaches. I believe this will lead to a rise of tacticians in our local football.

He is doing this based on his belief in football to change lives, and not to make money.

He wants these young coaches to know that they are responsible for the success of young players.

Remember Guardiola did this in Germany and is doing this in England, including releasing DVDs of his training and tactical sessions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hmm

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Subzero047:
Hmm

If they are waiting for Arab cup and Afcon to leapfrog us Into d top 5, then they are on a long thing, cos Immediately after the group stages, CAF will conduct the draws in December, SInce play off games will start in March 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Subzero047:
Hmm
this one is dreaming while walking grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Amuneke trains grassroots coaches in Lagos

Determined to impact knowledge to upcoming coaches, former Nigeria international, Emmanuel Amuneke will today organize a one-day clinic at the famous Federal Housing Authority (FHA) football field in FESTAC City, a suburb in Lagos.

The 1994 African Footballer of the Year, who is a holder of UEFA Pro Coaching License, said it was important to widen the knowledge of coaches from the grassroots upwards in order to sustain the growth and development of the game in the country.

“I will be having a one-day tactical training with coaches within FESTAC and its environment and I just want to share few tips that could improve their coaching knowledge and overall standard,”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/amuneke-trains-grassroots-coaches-in-lagos/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Amuneke to Train Coaches in Three Nigerian Cities

Nigeria football legend, Emmanuel Amuneke, will embark on training for coaches in Lagos, Plateau and Imo states.

The former Barcelona and Super Eagles winger, who is a certified holder of UEFA Pro Coaching License, is determined to pass on knowledge to interested coaches in a two-week tour starting from Thursday at Apapa, Lagos.

Amuneke revealed: “I will be engaging with coaches in three cities in Nigeria and I’m looking forward to it. I love sharing knowledge and there’s a lot in modern football to expose these coaches to.

“I hope the coaches come with an open mind to learn a lot because I’m prepared to bless them with some fantastic details about the latest techniques in modern coaching.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/29/amuneke-to-train-coaches-in-three-nigerian-cities/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

In a nutshell.

No doubt Amunike has an eye for talent and he's also an very excellent tactician. I recommend that the NFF should make him the U17 coach so he can tour the country and help us produce more Osimhens and Ejuke etc. So he would be dual purpose, identify the raw talents and secondly drill into them good tactics. That way we would be guaranteed of surplus talents for all national teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
That is what Spanish clubs look for:

that the players understand the game, know when to transition, know when to move forward and when to stay behind the ball...SANTIAGO DENIA (COACH OF SPAIN'S U17 TEAM IN 2017)

Found this very interesting. Explains a lot about the current Spanish football.

I was once with Coach Monday Sinclair, former manager of Ajax. That was during the 2000 Sydney Olympics between Nigeria and Sweden.

He said, what separates a good player from a great player, is the head.

I think this is what Spain has built over time. They have a strategy of selecting naturally tactically efficient players.

Remember me quoting the Spanish tactical coach, Santiago Denia, talking about how they recruit players?
See how Amunike built his U17 team and you see similarities.

He went on to reveal a few details of his selection criteria which was based on the intelligence of the players; “They know my philosophy,” he said. “When I saw them first I was not interested in how physical they look.

“What I judged first is the intelligence, how intelligent they are with the ball and then the physical, the tactical aspect of the game can always be worked on but decision making is very, very important.”

This is why I respect Amunike, he has the knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

No doubt Amunike has an eye for talent and he's also an very excellent tactician. I recommend that the NFF should make him the U17 coach so he can tour the country and help us produce more Osimhens and Ejuke etc. So he would be dual purpose, identify the raw talents and secondly drill into them good tactics. That way we would be guaranteed of surplus talents for all national teams.

Why not hold the highest position to utilize all the talents available, both home and abroad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Samson Tijani shines in first league start of 21/22

The 19 y/o Midfield Pearl had a good game.

His third league game but first start for FC Liefering (Feeder team of RB Salzburg) in the Austrian Bundesliga 2.

Played all 90mins as his side recorded a 2-0 win over FC Juniors OÖ.

He played at the base of midfield.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
We still have Manu Garba for that. We should be looking at Emmanuel Amunike as our next Super Eagles coach. I rate his tactical acumen so highly. That guy has what it takes to handle this new Nigerian Generation of footballers several of which are players he discovered and turn them into a Golden force.

Amunike is the guy I want to see taking on Algeria's Djamel Belmadi with this Nigerian team. The tactical battle would be exciting on all levels. cool

AndSunGorilla:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
A man that didn't smile once when Nigeria were taking Brazil apart in that first half display in the U17 WC Quarters.

An attacking Masterclass that ended the game before it even settled down properly.

TheGoodJoe:

Rhor does not seem harsh in any way to me. Except when he drops players. He even gives me a defeatist vibe. Like it is okay with playing poorly.

Amunike gives me a hard-as-rock vibe and is very strict. Then he has high endurance, so you have no excuse.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11377) (11378) (11379) (11380) (11381) (11382) (11383) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drDoom3(m), Friday03 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.