Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659137 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11397) (11398) (11399) (11400) (11401) (11402) (11403) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
humility33:

So Amuneke Who is in same level with Enrique and Pep wasn't able to get at least NPFL coaching job ?

Mocking will not get you far. Getting a job with the NPFL is easy. If Amunike wants it, he will get it at the snap of the fingers. Finidi is doing it not to stay idle. .

That mock, does not change anything.

The fact is that when Amunike coached, FIFA experts could not understand the depth of his coaching. If that is not enough to make you understand the man is brilliant, then take console in how a player he discovered is celebrated.

“Everything I am today, everything I would be in the future, I attribute almost half of my success to him, whatever I’ve achieved he really set my path, he really makes me to understand that life is not all about talent, you have to work hard, be disciplined and listen to the coach’s instruction, either on the pitch or off the pitch. I think other players that played under him can testify, not just me.”...Victor Osimhen on Emmanuel Amunike.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
chrisooblog:
Men if that happens then we would officially have our second golden generation

It won't happen with rohr dere smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Oh how I cannot wait for this Attacking combo to become reality.... sweet goodness... sweet Eagles... sweeeeettt... oh mama Mia... grin
Defender's nightmares
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Napoleon55:

The only problem is his height,
The man Rohr don't rate short midfielders and short defenders,
If not he would have invited him.

The last time I checked Collins is not tall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nigeria did a good job in the past and I believe we can do it again. The work of the Maigari led NFF was just brilliant.

Invest in the youths today and paint a better tomorrow for the country.

Shine on lads.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]Mocking will not get you far. Getting a job with the NPFL is easy. If Amunike wants it, he will get it at the snap of the finger. Finidi is doing it not to stay idle. .

That mock, does not change anything.

[/b]
Great step by Finidi not to stay idle. Sir, my question is, what is Amunike doing not to stay idle now? Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Fallacy!.
There might not be any proof on Rohr not rating short Defenders and short midfielders but I can guess d way he thinks ,

Most of these german coaches don't rate short goal keepers,defenders n midfielders.

I remember the case of berti vogts preferring ejide over enyeama because of height even though enyeama was better.

Westerhof once said that he want all his defenders tall and huge.

So what's ur point of screaming fallacy as if u haven't heard something like that before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
omo x2 see skill. Amoo is maturing nicely
TheSuperNerd:
Akinkunmi Amoo: Naija's Next rated

Check out this outrageous piece of skill and accurate long pass all in one move by Akinkunmi Amoo. Super Baller. cool

Check Link below:
https://twitter.com/hammarbygifs/status/1449762040202121219?t=Q4YZSLMFQN6YtoeUIq1FBg&s=19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
Napoleon55:

The only problem is his height,
The man Rohr don't rate short midfielders and short defenders,
If not he would have invited him.

D tall ones dere..wetin dem don't achieve grin grin

Abeg if he's fit and give us d needed result, he shld b invited ASAP

He won't b d first short players
Valbuena too was short and he was instrumental for d French team during his time cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2021
Napoleon55:

There might not be any proof on Rohr not rating short Defenders and short midfielders but I can guess d way he thinks ,

Most of these german coaches don't rate short goal keepers,defenders n midfielders.

I remember the case of berti vogts preferring ejide over enyeama because of height even though enyeama was better.

Westerhof once said that he want all his defenders tall and huge.

So what's ur point of screaming fallacy as if u haven't heard something like that before.

How tall is Oghenekaro Etebo??
What about Bonke??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Great step by Finidi not to stay idle. Sir, my question is, what is Amunike doing not to stay idle now? Thank you sir.

Amunike just finished a tour in Lagos, Imo State and Plateau State, training our local coaches in modern football strategies free of charge.

So all these years Finidi was not coaching, did you complain about it? Finidi just started.

Amunike has helped in raising a golden generation for us. Pay some respect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Nigeria did a good job in the past and I believe we can do it again. The work of the Maigari led NFF was just brilliant.

Invest in the youths today and paint a better tomorrow for the country.

Shine on lads.
our youth system has produced so many stars for us.
Going back to d winning of u-17 world cup is the way.
Far better than relying on d foreign borns .
Each time we did well,2 or 3 players always progress to d senior team

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Uzoho

Ebuehi......Awaziem......Balogun.....Aina

Chukwueze.......Amoo/Nwakali...Ndidi/Onyeka...........Ejuke

Iheanacho/Moffi........Osimhen/Awoniyi

I want to see this lineup some day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

If you are interested in knowing what Amunike is up to now.

When Emmanuel Amuneke received an invitation to be a part of the FIFA Technical Study Group to discuss the future of football and its proposal of holding the World Cup every two years, it was not difficult to accept.

The former Tanzania national team coach had always respected Arsene Wenger, the legendary former Arsenal manager and now FIFA's chief of global football development.

The idea of a biennial World Cup of 48 teams "to give every talent a chance," as promoted by Wenger, impressed him. The former Barcelona and Nigeria winger played in his sole World Cup in 1994 but was injured when the Super Eagles returned to the tournament four years later.

The 1994 African Footballer of the Year believes it is time for the football industry to leave its comfort zone and explore changes that could grow the game beyond its current state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/why-africa-wants-the-world-cup-every-two-years/a-59465185?espv=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
WebMd did justice to it. But anyways, this Success belle matter has been there for weeks now because I have been checking for Success injury update. It's taking him too long to get back. I need to check on his village people cheesy

do4luv14:

nice one Doc keep it coming,

and that jersey is dupe mean, so beautiful on Osigoal,
.been eyeing that jersey,

BTW, pls can you enlighten us on abdominal influenza,

even Oga Joebie doesn't know what it is, and google is giving me stomach flu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Olurun maje!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ppogbae:
Olurun maje!!! grin

Newcastle will bring d bag next season to secure osimhen...watch out cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
elyte89:

I hope he rejects. He needs a big club to reach Ballon d'Or levels. I'll stop watching if he committed that move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
Is Amuneke not still the technical director of Egyptian club El Makasa?
Finidi before now was also coaching a youth side in Spain.

TheGoodJoe:

Amunike just finished a tour in Lagos, I'm State and Plateau State, training our local coaches in modern football strategies free of charge.

So all these years Finidi was not coaching, did you complain about it? Finidi just started.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike just finished a tour in Lagos, I'm State and Plateau State, training our local coaches in modern football strategies free of charge.

Oga I am not condemning Amunike o, respect to our own Emma Amunike, former african footballer of the year, and also a great tactician. I didn't need to complain about Finidi because no one told us he should coach of SE, no one pushed the theory that he is on the same level with Frank Rijkaard, Seedorf and his other ajax team mates as a coach. I dare say that Emma could still be on fifa committees, do the CSR of training coaches etc however he should still get a regular job!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
elyte89:

D tall ones dere..wetin dem don't achieve grin grin

Abeg if he's fit and give us d needed result, he shld b invited ASAP

He won't b d first short players
Valbuena too was short and he was instrumental for d French team during his time cool
Maradona,messi, r.carlos are all short players n legends.
There is nothing wrong in having 2 ,3 or 4 short players in d team.
But some coaches r always careful not to field too many short players so d there wld b balance
he should b tried to see what he can bring into d team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Check out this outrageous piece of skill and accurate long pass all in one move by Akinkunmi Amoo. Super Baller. cool

Check Link below:
https://twitter.com/hammarbygifs/status/1449762040202121219?t=Q4YZSLMFQN6YtoeUIq1FBg&s=19
This guy na baller
See spread of pass....Accurate
Rohr no dey see these types of players with his 4 mfs always. Trim the defense and add more midfielders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
Napoleon55:

Maradona,messi, r.carlos are all short players n legends.
There is nothing wrong in having 2 ,3 or 4 short players in d team.
But some coaches r always careful not to field too many short players so d there wld b balance
he should b tried to see what he can bring into d team
I think Amoo is shorter than Messi or even Maradona. Nigeria too has produced some good short footballers, Mobi Oparaku, Pius Ikedia, john Ene Okon, tijani babangida and his brothers Ibrahim and Haruna, rabiu Muhammed and who remembers this short goalie, Christian Obi grin . Ngolo Kante too na dwarf now.

Because me too am an arara, 5ft7 this topic is of interest to me. Apparently Valbuena is taller than Amoo at 5 ft 6, amoo is 5ft4. But we have company in Osimehn's best frenemy at Naples, Insigne who is recorded to be 5ft4, there Amoo has company.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
robosky02:

When I see this kind of thing

It gets me angry

That super eagles can't utilized them...... No thanks to Rohr that is technically deficient
This thing wey u dey talk so no follow.
Kuku kill the old man na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
humility33:

Ths coach rate him highly to have sub him in for final 12 mins, I am sure soon he will get to start some matches

Pinnick and NFF need to be tough on Rohr i expect even the sports minister should task him to win AFCON come next year with no damn excuses

Read just now, Pinnick blaming the players for under rating CAR as a reason for the loss in Lagos state and with that statement he exonerated the ineptitude coach
Where you in camp with the team?
Were you are the stadium, at the back room?
Do you have same access as Amaju?
What if Amaju was right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ebuehi starts vs Fiorentina: MNF

Who is ready to watch some Tyronne Ball? cool

He starts vs Italiano's strong fiorentina outfit. His 4th league start of the season and 5th league game overall.

Ebuehi will be coming face to face with Riccardo Sottil on Fiorentina's left. Callejon plays majorly from the right.

Get set... I know both Pro-Ebuehi and Pro-Aina camps will be watching. grin

Make una cool down and just enjoy ball like we did with Aina's yesterday. Grazie!! cool

Game kicks off in 40mins...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Ebuehi starts vs Fiorentina: MNF

Who is ready to watch some Tyronne Ball? cool

He starts vs Italiano's strong fiorentina outfit. His 4th league start of the season and 5th league game overall.

Ebuehi will be coming face to face with Riccardo Sottil on Fiorentina's left. Callejon plays majorly from the right.

Get set... I know both Pro-Ebuehi and Pro-Aina camps will be watching. grin

Make una cool down and just enjoy ball like we did with Aina's yesterday. Grazie!! cool

Game kicks off in 40mins...

At least nobody is dissing Ebuehi like aina

If aina play well if we praise am dem go say na lie say e no play well grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Check Link below:

God forgive me...I have under rate this lad for too long

How I wish Rohr can stop been conservative give him a trial in the 10 role lets see what he brings to the team prior Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

At least nobody is dissing Ebuehi like aina

If aina play well if we praise am dem go say na lie say e no play well grin

But of a truth Ebuehi is very technical talented, ball control,passes and all round just too unfortunate that his career hasn't blossom the way we expects not been disrespectful to Aina

Will even prefer we play him for the CB role instead of Error prune Ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
IDENNAA:

Uzoho

Ebuehi......Awaziem......Balogun.....Aina

Chukwueze.......Amoo/Nwakali...Ndidi/Onyeka...........Ejuke

Iheanacho/Moffi........Osimhen/Awoniyi

I want to see this lineup some day

424 is a dead formation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I think Amoo is shorter than Messi or even Maradona. Nigeria too has produced some good short footballers, Mobi Oparaku, Pius Ikedia, john Ene Okon, tijani babangida and his brothers Ibrahim and Haruna, rabiu Muhammed and who remembers this short goalie, Christian Obi grin . Ngolo Kante too na dwarf now.

Because me too am an arara, 5ft7 this topic is of interest to me. Apparently Valbuena is taller than Amoo at 5 ft 6, amoo is 5ft4. But we have company in Osimehn's best frenemy at Naples, Insigne who is recorded to be 5ft4, there Amoo has company.

Who cares if he is short

After all we can compensate for his height with Ndidi, Onyeka/Aribo presence in the field and can come in for Iwobi like from 60-70 mins of play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
elyte89:

Newcastle and Osimhen are huge parallel lines. We are talking about a striker who will be in the debate for Best striker of his generation alongside Haaland and Mbappe (he fancies the 9 role as well even though he is more of an inside forward) and una dey call Newcastle??!! Even Arsenal fans know they won't get him. They are only hoping against hope.

Arsenal will settle for the likes of Luka Jovic or so.

Osimhen is a player destined for the Biggest Elite Clubs.

So please any talks of Newcastle... Arsenal abi na Arteta can get the hell out...

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11397) (11398) (11399) (11400) (11401) (11402) (11403) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, chrisooblog and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.