Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656396 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11422) (11423) (11424) (11425) (11426) (11427) (11428) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Messi is the only person stopping Cr7 from retiring at this point

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
12large1:

Shut up ya mouth. We had 2 local coaches before him that committed a football abomination and if Rohr has nothing, I feel sorry for our local coaches
wahala for who dey take Nosa Igiebor serious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:
Did anybody send him away or did he leave on his own? Don’t expect to get the same Moses you see in club jerseys because dude is never committed to our course. He plays any role assigned to him at club side but comes down here acting as though he was doing us a favour. Dude would set a bad precedent, so I would rather Musa remained in the team than entertain the thought of asking Moses to rescind his decision of quitting the national team. He should enjoy his premature retirement abeg

I don’t want Victor Moses back because he has retired and his decision should be respected

But I wish this comment was comming from someone else

You have always disliked Victor Moses bro so I don’t take you serious ,I wish another moniker said this

There is really nothing the super eagles will win again that Moses hasn’t won ,unless we are winning the World Cup grin

Wetin musa dey even offer the national team for now ? There is no day you ever hide your hate for Moses grin

Moses is not committed according to you but he has helped the eagles qualified for the World Cup twice and he was crucial

To even make it worst your preferred wingers hasn’t even given us vicmo performance for the eagles

Your hypocrisy Na world class .

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
Subzero047:

Dude is playing for ballon d or to catch up with the goat

Body go tell am grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:
I wonder why people dislike Victor so much. This issue of saying he was not committed is really unfair. He did play his part in both winning the Nations Cup and world Cup qualifier. Whether he comes back is the not for discussion but for people to think he was a bad influence makes me wonder where did he go wrong. He really was quite a creative spark. If Dani Alves played for Nigeria, we would have chased him away long time ago. Anyways, until our wingers start feeding Osihmen with crosses, we will struggle to score against average organised side. Is Moses needed? Maybe. Would he be a good addition? Definitely. Will he be a bad influence? I do not think so.
True talk boss. Moses was our Talisman, was always troubling our opponents and whenever we have a penalty he takes them. I don't think he even missed any. The guy was good, let's be fair in our judgement. If he decides to come out of retirement nobody will bench in this present super eagles.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Subzero047:
Baba knows that if he dears retire or go to MLS, Messi will go ahead to break his ucl goal scoring records and others grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Acecards:
True talk boss. Moses was our Talisman, was always troubling our opponents and whenever we have a penalty he takes them. I don't think he even missed any. The guy was good, let's be fair in our judgement. If he decides to come out of retirement nobody will bench in this present super eagles.

He should not come back ,he has won the afcon

We should enjoy Moses Simon and co who will take us to the promise land grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don’t want Victor Moses back because he has retired and his decision should be respected

You have always disliked Victor Moses bro so I don’t take you serious ,I wish another moniker said this

There is really nothing the super eagles will win again that Moses hasn’t won ,unless we are winning the World Cup grin

Wetin musa dey even offer the national team for now ? There is no day you ever hide your hate for Moses grin

Moses is not committed according to you but he has helped the eagles qualified for the World Cup twice and he was crucial

To even make it worse your preferred wingers hasn’t even given us vicmo performance for the eagles

gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He should not come back ,he has won the afcon

We should enjoy Moses Simon and co who will take us to the promise land grin
Lol... Moses be dey worry well well oh... Afcon 2013, He was everywhere. He retired too early, Imagine he's just 30.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Acecards:
Lol... Moses be dey worry well well oh... Afcon 2013, He was everywhere. He retired too early, Imagine he's just 30.

I don’t want Moses back because I don’t think there is anything to play for the eagles anymore

But I won’t accept anybody trying to talk down on him because none of our wingers has done half of what he has done

Imagine Saying Moses is not committed,vicmo wey Dey always carry cutlass come play World Cup qualifiers

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don’t want Moses back because I don’t think there is anything to play for the eagles anymore

But I won’t accept anybody trying to talk down on him because none of our wingers has done half of what he has done

Imagine Saying Moses is not committed,vicmo wey Dey always carry cutlass come play World Cup qualifiers
I swear. Spot on baba. I miss him Sha... His dribbling and passes and He knows how to win pk well well. When last Nigeria get pk self.

I just hope Ejuke and Chukwueze step up.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I still do not get where the idea that he was not committed came from. Right I will welcome anyone who will make our team stronger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
Acecards:
I swear. Spot on baba. I miss him Sha... His dribbling and passes and He knows how to win pk well well. When last Nigeria get pk self.

I rate chukwueze,but he needs to do more

I am still yet to see what ejuke can do for eagles ,but there is time as I am still seeing him as a newbie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
Acecards:

They surely can but we have to be patient. Unfortunately time is not on our side. I would rather have an average winger who can put in crosses for our strikers though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:

I still do not get where the idea that he was not committed came from. Right I will welcome anyone who will make our team stronger.

The vicmo I know won’t return to the eagles and it’s okay like that

I wonder ooo ,person talk say vicmo no Dey committed ,that guy and obi mikel Dey always carry World Cup qualifiers for head

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:
I wonder why people dislike Victor so much. This issue of saying he was not committed is really unfair. He did play his part in both winning the Nations Cup and world Cup qualifier. Whether he comes back is the not for discussion but for people to think he was a bad influence makes me wonder where did he go wrong. He really was quite a creative spark. If Dani Alves played for Nigeria, we would have chased him away long time ago. Anyways, until our wingers start feeding Osihmen with crosses, we will struggle to score against average organised side. Is Moses needed? Maybe. Would he be a good addition? Definitely. Will he be a bad influence? I do not think so.

We would have chased Dani Alves away because of what?
Did anybody chase Moses away?
Didn't he retire on his own?

If he wants to come back,he will come back!

It is a well known fact that he wasn't committed to the national team... Reporting late to camp and missing international games due to some funny injuries... I guess he got tired,hence his decision to retire early..

You have to understand that it isn't every player that enjoy playing for their country...Some find it stressful...
Somebody like Vardy at 34 is only second to Kane in the English striking order.... But he retired not long ago voluntarily... nobody chased him out because of old age...
If Moses is still interested in playing for us, he will come out himself the same way he left by himself... Until then, let's enjoy the players we have at our disposal....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:

They surely can but we have to be patient. Unfortunately time is not on our side. I would rather have an average winger who can put in crosses for our strikers though.

Moses doesn't put in crosses for most of the time he was playing for the SE... He is the type that like to cut in from the flank... It is at club level that he take up more of that responsibility...In the national team,he had a free role...

And you really need to dead this idea of wanting a winger that can cross... Cross and inshallah style of play don't always yield result... it would be more beneficial for us to have more wingers that can cut in from the flanks and shot... Chukwueze and Ejuke are best fit for that role...just that their end product still need working on..
Let the fullbacks take the responsibility of delivering crosses ..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The vicmo I know won’t return to the eagles and it’s okay like that

I wonder ooo ,person talk say vicmo no Dey committed ,that guy and obi mikel Dey always carry World Cup qualifiers for head
I remember one of the South African pundits saying that the only reason they beat Nigeria then was because Moses did not play. He said they were really scared of him. He ranked up a number of assists and goals.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Moses doesn't put in crosses for most of the time he was playing for the SE... He is the type that like to cut in from the flank... It is at club level that he take up more of that responsibility...In the national team,he had a free role...

And you really need to dead this idea of wanting a winger that can cross... Cross and inshallah style of play don't always yield result... it would be more beneficial for us to have more wingers that can cut in from the flanks and shot... Chukwueze and Ejuke are best fit for that role...just that their end product still need working on..
Let the fullbacks take the responsibility of delivering crosses ..
I believe you do watch European football and even watch our players at their clubs. How often do they do these cutting in that you have spoken about? If we met an average organised team, we may be out of options to score. Something we are seeing presently. Onuachu will keep scoring at club level and look useless in the team.
Oh least I forget we do not have the luxury of fullbacks that can cross the ball. So what do we do?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Two Nigerians with two Assists each on a Europa night.... Pheww

That's a first!!

Daka get positioning..

Will love to see such at the SE. But we no get Maddison/Tielemanns mould.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

To even make it worst your preferred wingers hasn’t even given us vicmo performance for the eagles

Lol I was a big fan of Moses until he started acting like a demigod. I was his fan until he started picking games for the super eagles. If you are amnesiac, I’m not. You were not here neither were you with us at kickoffNigeria when we started rooting for Moses’s call up back when he was at Wigan, so don’t say what you don’t know. I still remember how he was avoiding our away games with some flimsy excuses especially during AFCON qualifiers, that is not what we want from a supposed leader. Lol I’m not attached to any player, I will praise you if you good, but when you start feeling like a god, I trash you. If Moses was still with eagles he wouldn’t have honored the call up when we played against Benin away, you can take that to the bank.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

We would have chased Dani Alves away because of what?
Did anybody chase Moses away?
Didn't he retire on his own?

If he wants to come back,he will come back!

It is a well known fact that he wasn't committed to the national team... Reporting late to camp and missing international games due to some funny injuries... I guess he got tired,hence his decision to retire early..

You have to understand that it isn't every player that enjoy playing for their country...Some find it stressful...
Somebody like Vardy at 34 is only second to Kane in the English striking order.... But he retired not long ago voluntarily... nobody chased him out because of old age...
If Moses is still interested in playing for us, he will come out himself the same way he left by himself... Until then, let's enjoy the players we have at our disposal....
Hmmm. So he was missing international games is the reason? Please I would be glad if you could tell us the important matches that he missed during his stint with the national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

Lol I was a big fan of Moses until he started acting like a demigod. I was his fan until he started picking games for the super eagles. If you are amnesiac, I’m not. You were not here neither were you with us at kickoffNigeria when we started rooting for Moses’s call up back when he was at Wigan, so don’t say what you don’t know. I still remember how he was avoiding our away games with some flimsy excuses especially during AFCON qualifiers, that is not what we want from a supposed leader. Lol I’m not attached to any player, I will praise you if you good, but when you start feeling like a god, I trash you. If Moses was still with eagles he wouldn’t have honored the call up when we played against Benin away, you can take that to the bank.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:

I believe you do watch European football and even watch our players at their clubs. How often do they do these cutting in that you have spoken about? If we met an average organised team, we may be out of options to score. Something we are seeing presently. Onuachu will keep scoring at club level and look useless in the team.
Oh least I forget we do not have the luxury of fullbacks that can cross the ball. So what do we do?

Osimhen and Chukwueze are two wingers that play inverted roles at their club..it's obvious... Onyekuru too... In fact, Simon is the only old school winger that I can point out in the team right now...If we don't have players who can't cross the ball, then it's pointless playing a cross and inshallah style of play..
Forget Onuachu abeg...Like you said, we don't have the luxury of fullbacks who can cross,so there's no point in trying to set up the team to play to Onuachu strength when we can use other strikers like Osimhen, Iheanacho, Awoniyi,Moffi and even Sadiq..

If you think Vicmo will return to the team to be crossing balls for the likes of Onuachu, you are very much mistaken...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Osimhen and Chukwueze are two wingers that play inverted roles at their club..it's obvious... Onyekuru too... In fact, Simon is the only old school winger that I can point out in the team right now...If we don't have players who can't cross the ball, then it's pointless playing a cross and inshallah style of play..
Forget Onuachu abeg...Like you said, we don't have the luxury of fullbacks who can cross,so there's no point in trying to set up the team to play to Onuachu strength when we can use other strikers like Osimhen, Iheanacho, Awoniyi,Moffi and even Sadiq..

If you think Vicmo will return to the team to be crossing balls for the likes of Onuachu, you are very much mistaken...
I will remind about this quote later in the future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:

Can you name one or two instances Moses gave a cross for his team mate to score? Moses was always hugging the ball, going solo looking for the slightest touch to get on his canvass. Dude became a diver. After he joined Chelsea, If Moses was as disciplined in the national team as he was for Chelsea he wouldn’t have been on the bad book of the fans

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

Can you name one or two instances Moses gave a cross for his team mate to score? Moses was always hugging the ball, going solo looking for the slightest touch to get on his canvass. Dude became a diver. After he joined Chelsea, If Moses was as disciplined in the national team as he was for Chelsea he wouldn’t have been on the bad book of the fans
World Cup for musa
Nations Cup for Echichele are the quickest that come to mind
My argument is not even for him to return but to label him as being uncommitted is unfair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sportilitica:

Hmmm. So he was missing international games is the reason? Please I would be glad if you could tell us the important matches that he missed during his stint with the national team.

It's a well known fact that Moses was picking games to play for the super eagles...
In 7 years with the super eagles,he manages just 37 games... In the whole of 2015, he played zero games for the super eagles... Always coming up with all sort of injury excuses while being available for selection at his club...

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:07am On Oct 21, 2021
Sportilitica:

World Cup for musa
Nations Cup for Echichele are the quickest that come to mind
My argument is not even for him to return but to label him as being uncommitted is unfair

One in 2013 and another after 5years says it all. Bro, we don’t need a player like Moses. Yes, we appreciate him for the time he spent with us, but bye bye to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2021
Danielnino00:

It's a well known fact that Moses was picking games to play for the super eagles...
In 7 years with the super eagles,he manages just 37 games... In the whole of 2015, he played zero games for the super eagles... Always coming up with all sort of injury excuses while being available for selection at his club...

At a time when he started hugging news paper headlines at Chelsea, dude obviously became unhappy with his decision of pitching his tent with the eagles, he felt he was too quick with his decision and he felt he was with the wrong team, as his then Chelsea exploits would have gotten him some England caps. His body language alone gave him out. If Moses had known he was gonna be good enough to sign a contract at Chelsea and even win a starting berth, he wouldn’t have agreed to play for Nigeria in the first place.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:40am On Oct 21, 2021
ChrisKels:

At a time when he started hugging news paper headlines at Chelsea, dude obviously became unhappy with his decision of pitching his tent with the eagles, he felt he was too quick with his decision and he felt he was with the wrong team, as his then Chelsea exploits would have gotten him some England caps. His body language alone gave him out. If Moses had known he was gonna be good enough to sign a contract at Chelsea and even win a starting berth, he wouldn’t have agreed to play for Nigeria in the first place.
Sir I believe this is your opinion and view about Victor attitudes.

I want to tell you that our own thorough bred Austin Okocha attitudes in his later stages with eagles was damn worse than Victor Moses and it cost us 2006 WC qualification.

Victor Moses was a former England youth player who later turned out as ex Nigeria international...pls for that decision alone he has done well and he deserves our praises.

I don't want Victor back cos we have good guys in Chuckwueze and Ejuke.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:53am On Oct 21, 2021
Danielnino00:

Oga Daniel then what do you have to say about Austin Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo picking matches to play during 2006 WC qualifications.

Jay Okocha 14 years 73 appearances 14 goals

Kanu 17 years 86 appearances 12 goals

Victor Moses 7 years 37 appearances 12 goals

...mathematically by years spent with eagles Victor Moses did well in term of appearances based on his 7 years with better goal ratio.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11422) (11423) (11424) (11425) (11426) (11427) (11428) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Toylove, toluxe0075 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.