Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,708 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11939055 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11532) (11533) (11534) (11535) (11536) (11537) (11538) ... (16349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Kog45:
Oga Zuchy,so cos of highly organize EPL and great media hype tells you that England have better talents than Germany and Italy?pls go and ask John Fashanu and bros would tell you that what is going for English teams is good organisation not talents.
ok

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Kog45:
The guy need Super eagles recall badly....good to see Dessers doing it again.

yes sir, it's good to see him scoring again,

but make em dey do brodas keep at times

even Vicmo no farabale for Nacho and Ndidi too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2021
do4luv14:

yes sir, it's good to see him scoring again,

but make em dey do brodas keep at times

even Vicmo no farabale for Nacho and Ndidi too
Ogbeni just forget those boys..naso dem go reach night club after match dey flex go...if you sabi players wella,person no good kill himself upon their matter o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
Ppogbae:

If Canada wants, they can take Nwakali as well cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Please who is this Chibuike Adamu I saw a glimpse of him in the Salrzburg vs Worlsburg match, though it was a camoe appearance

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Would have been hard for Olisadebe to break into the team then sha. We already had a packed forward line that included Kanu, Agali, Aghahowa and Yakubu. Soon after Osaze and Martins also joined the group so egbon it's just as well Emma opted for Canada the same scenario currently playing out with Ugbo who has chosen Canada.

Kog45:
Emma Olisadebe got his polish citizenship with Polish government involvement.

Emma was a player Nigeria missed...I asked him as a friend why?Emma said he will never get the chance to play for Nigeria cos he has seen talents that Nigeria never gave enough chances to show case their talents.....He don't see any reason why highly talented Sunday Johnson who was better should always be on the bench for Pius Ikedia during Sydney 2000......He cited James Obiorah case and really surprised that highly talented James couldn't get enough opportunities and when he does it was cleared he was not wanted.

Emma was a pure class,the first university student I saw and I told him straight that what are you doing in the school with this crazy talent....he was selected for world university games as a street footballer alongside Seyi Olofinjana(Lautech)James Jigbale(OAU) and NPFL highest goal scorer Edith Agoye(UI)but was rated than Edith Agoye during world university games.

After World University games,coach Fanny Amu who led the team to world university game told him pointblank that he must sign for a club in Nigeria,he moved to Jasper United and shake Nigeria league,then proceeded to Poland to sign a professional contract with polonia Warsaw.He was the first black player to play for Poland national team and represented polish team in 2002 WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2021
Subzero047:

He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 13 matches no dey put it in bold like he has done anything special, Musa has 63 goals and 33 assists in 184 matches for Cska and Ejuke has a long way to go before he gets there

The present ejuke is clearly much better than present musa. But, prime musa vs ejuke is a conversation for another day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Gbam Vardy that has been tearing up the goal scorers chart in England nobody is begging for him. His replacement Tammy is no where near Vardy's level at the moment but he was still invited. But here in Nigeria we are already panicking quickly recalling Odion just because we are facing Liberia and Cape Verde instead of giving guys like Awoniyi, Sadiq and so many others to make a mark in the SE.

Danielnino00:

You dey mind that guy... He is so desperate to convince people that Rohr is doing the right thing...

Imagine,after his talk about England regretting taking rookies like Saka to the Euros, those rookies are still in the team... Old man Vardy who is England best striker after Kane hasn't been recalled for any reason...Rather,it's another rookie,Tammy Abraham that's being called up...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
So u guys want NFF to tamper with the team list , when they start tampering with it u guys will start shouting again
do4luv14:

I beg to differ with you a little sir,

and I think Pinnickhad been fingered enough here,

the blame should laid on Rohr and the Technical department of Nff, who are vested with vetting and approving list for matches,

what had they been doing, or better still why approves list after list that's filled with defenders, thin on midfielders, why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
To be Frank, Eagles don't really need the service of Ighalo. Being top Scorer in Saudi League means nothing, coz we are not lacking in his Position.

We've got top Lads doing fine for their respective Clubs in Europe. Osimhen is there. Dennis is there. Onuachu and Awoniyi are there as well.

If at all we need an Oldie in the Rank, I would rather go for Mikel. We don't need VicMo as well, coz we've got loads of Talents on the Wings.

What Eagles are lacking now is a top 10 and a solid central Midfielder. Ejuke is a Playmaker but not a 10. Iwobi is also a Playmaker, but can play as a makeshift 10 cos he has the Skills. Aribo is a makeshift central Midfielder. Apparently we are lacking right personnel in the midfield.

Nwakali might not be doing fine at Club level, doesn't mean he won't do fine with National Team. He's only Midfield Playmaker I can point at. I wish he can be given a chance to prove himself in GWG. Alhassan deserves a Look as well.

We should stop mistaking Playmaker as No. 10. Being a good Dribbler doesn't mean you can play in the hole. What makes you excel as a No. 10 is vision to spot opportunities in the final third and making decisive passes.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kog45:
Ndidi doesn't need Afcon or WC to move to a better club...he should just keep it going in EPL,with good management he has everything to be there...check Dennis moved to Watford,pure agent work.

I heard that Ndidi is being manage by a new management team.

He doesn't need it, you say. But he cannot control clubs coming for him after a great Performance in these two tourneys. That's the trigger i meant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
Meliforme:

Then what is playmaking?
Baba you know what is play making nah

Ejuke is a good winger but not a play maker

Na because say e Dey dribble Dey make you call am play maker ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
The legend is back

Thegoodjoe what do you think grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
LOL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Oasis001:
To be Frank, Eagles don't really need the service of Ighalo. Being top Scorer in Saudi League means nothing, coz we are not lacking in his Position.

We've got top Lads doing fine for their respective Clubs in Europe. Osimhen is there. Dennis is there. Onuachu and Awoniyi are there as well.

If at all we need an Oldie in the Rank, I would rather go for Mikel. We don't need VicMo as well, coz we've got loads of Talents on the Wings.

What Eagles are lacking now is a top 10 and a solid central Midfielder. Ejuke is a Playmaker but not a 10. Iwobi is also a Playmaker, but can play as a makeshift 10 cos he has the Skills. Aribo is a makeshift central Midfielder. Apparently we are lacking right personnel in the midfield.

Nwakali might not be doing fine at Club level, doesn't mean he won't do fine with National Team. He's only Midfield Playmaker I can point at. I wish he can be given a chance to prove himself in GWG. Alhassan deserves a Look as well.

We should stop mistaking Playmaker as No. 10. Being a good Dribbler doesn't mean you can play in the hole. What makes you excel as a No. 10 is vision to spot opportunities in the final third and making decisive passes.

Don't be surprised that you know and understand football better than Rohr

Don't be carried away by the opportunity he enjoyed who knows some of us here will do better if privilege comes calling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

grin
I just weak
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You said Ejuke is not a playmaker. Tell me why he is not a playmaker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
chrisooblog:
Would have been hard for Olisadebe to break into the team then sha. We already had a packed forward line that included Kanu, Agali, Aghahowa and Yakubu. Soon after Osaze and Martins also joined the group so egbon it's just as well Emma opted for Canada the same scenario currently playing out with Ugbo who has chosen Canada.

Yes you are right but as at then he has everything thing to slug it out with Kanu and Aghaowa as at 2000-2002.

Remeber he represented Poland in 2002 WC and was instrumental to their WC qualification with 8 goals and a goal at world cup,nominated for 2001 world footballer of the year.

Sir,YakubuAiyegbeni,Osaze and Martins are not even in contention.Emma Olisadebe was a rare talent,a university boy from no where,playing street football and a year plus in NPFL,what a very remarkable achievement.

He made that polish decision cos he knew he will never get the chance but unfortunately for him his university coach who discovered him prior to world university games was later made super eagles assistant coach as goalkepper trainer to 2002 WC,the man that discovered Vincent Enyeama,Austin Ejide and after 2002 world cup discovered Seyi Olofinjana and Dele Aiyenugba.

Emma na baller my man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
do4luv14:

Guy no think that way, if I remember well, anytime Rohr grant an interview, he always mention Ighalo, if that one no tell you something

then honestly tell me what was shehu and musa still doing in SE, it had been the coach desire to recall Ighalo from day 1, Pinnick got nothing to do with it,

instead you should be asking, what had the technical department of the Nff been doing, approving such lists, and why, it's there you will know who pocket what

As for bubu I don't support him from day 1,
don't even vote for him, so sorry bro, you got it wrong

That old man Rohr and the technical department is the problem of the super eagles

He does not even know that the super eagles is suffering dearth of creativity from the midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Meliforme:

You said Ejuke is not a playmaker. Tell me why he is not a playmaker.

Oga a playmaker is someone that assist and score goals...in Andrew context he means one who does so from the centre (midfield) and not wings

So ejuke is not a playmaker when analysed in that context

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
isan:
So u guys want NFF to tamper with the team list , when they start tampering with it u guys will start shouting again

that's the point am trying to pass, the list is the coach list, he and his backroom staff are responsible for it,

so I wanna ask those that had been, pointing fingers at Pinnick, just cos Ighalo was recalled,

was it Amaju or Rohr that recalled him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
humility33:

That old man Rohr and the technical department is the problem of the super eagles

He does not even know that the super eagles is suffering dearth of creativity from the midfield

now you can see why I back/supported Pinnick as per players called up/switch,

the list was always Rohr handy works, and it's the responsibility of the technical department to grill him, on why that list, as well for him to defend the list,

then they point out his short comings, and asked him to rectify such, but they don't,

and all we do here is to blame Pinnick for it, as many of us had been doing since Ighalo recalled

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
humility33:

Oga a playmaker is someone that assist and score goals...in Andrew context he means one who does so from the centre (midfield) and not wings

So ejuke is not a playmaker when analysed in that context

G-Gbam........
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
12large1:

The present ejuke is clearly much better than present musa. But, prime musa vs ejuke is a conversation for another day

The comparison was between prime Musa and Ejuke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
do4luv14:

now you can see why I back/supported Pinnick as per players called up/switch,

the list was always Rohr handy works, and it's the responsibility of the technical department to grill him, on why that list, as well for him to defend the list,

then they point out his short comings, and asked him to rectify such, but they don't,

and all we do here is to blame Pinnick for it, as many of us had been doing since Ighalo recalled

But Pinnick led team appointed Equaveon as head of technical dept

Equeavon that knows nothing...... not even someone like Amunike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
do4luv14:

that's the point am trying to pass, the list is the coach list, he and his backroom staff are responsible for it,

so I wanna ask those that had been, pointing fingers at Pinnick, just cos Ighalo was recalled,

was it Amaju or Rohr that recalled him
wait till dey come for you o grin grin grin some people doesn't know there is a certain Augustine Eguavoen who head's the technical department and every list pass through his table and should be the one spear heading the committee to quarry rorh on some of questionable call up on the list, but no they don't see that and amaju should be floged for every mistake on the team list shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2021
do4luv14:

come wetin naija bois do Dessers sef, it's now twice in a roll,

first na Maduka, now Awo self done collect, make him dey chillax ooo

He's making a statement; I like it. He just needs a run of games as a starter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:
The legend is back

I always thought Xavi will make a fantastic manager but he reality on ground is that the tiki take formula is now out in the open and many coaches have learnt how to apply it efficiently.

The only thing I think will give Xavi an edge to propel Barca is if he sticks to relying on a high possession formula, higher than what we regularly see.

He will do well but not as easy as if the formula was not in the open.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:
The legend is back

YES, FINALLY!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
A quick preview I did for Rivers angels and their upcoming CAF Women's Champions League campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVaeC8VAJq8

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
What is eguavon going to do about it ? Tell rorh which player to pick ?
TFLASHOGEE:
wait till dey come for you o grin grin grin some people doesn't know there is a certain Augustine Eguavoen who head's the technical department and every list pass through his table and should be the one spear heading the committee to quarry rorh on some of questionable call up on the list, but no they don't see that and amaju should be floged for every mistake on the team list shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (11532) (11533) (11534) (11535) (11536) (11537) (11538) ... (16349) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Daninya33, Philosopher1979, 9JAMac10 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.