Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11959976 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11540) (11541) (11542) (11543) (11544) (11545) (11546) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
charlesemeka85:
I Dey see eze and olise like pple wey go later regret

But no be you talk here say Olise might declare by January??
Abi U no dey sure of what you posted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
Rivers United got ass whooped 3-0 in their CAF women CL opener by a Moroccan club...

Given Rivers United pedigree of producing some of Africa finest female ballers, we are expecting them to run the show in the tournament..

Let it not be like the male version where our national teams can beat other African countries but our clubs can't.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Danielnino00:
Rivers United got ass whooped 3-0 in their CAF women CL opener by a Moroccan club...

Given Rivers United pedigree of producing some of Africa finest female ballers, we are expecting them to run the show in the tournament..

Let it not be like the male version where our national teams can beat other African countries but our clubs can't.....

Bro...the tide has long shifted...we only got yet another reality check today....

Nigerian female football is overrated.

We are no longer to be reckoned with on d continent, talk less of d world.

Same even applies to d yeye super Falcons.

If Ghana, South Africa or Cameroon, catch us now, na sure beating, maximum Shishi.

We might only try to struggle against d likes of Kenya or Malawi henceforth.

E shock u ahbi grin

E no shock people like us because we don see am tey tey

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2021
Meanwhile Europe worst GK of the week should go to ter stegen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
drDoom3:
A certain Destiny Efosa on Fiorentina bench against Juventus.

Edo people dey try for Italy o.
Lol...na our domain nah

Give it 5-10 years from now Nigeria kids will dominate italy, Canadian club teams

Nigerians are really migrating in droves every day

We just need a good system to manage both home grown players and foreign born players

Both source well utilised will project Nigeria for great achievements in football

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
jihday:
he’s a better player than Drogba and Cavani who most people see as world class, what you saying bro?
Kane is good but he is not a world class.
Finito
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He is not in their class doesn’t mean he can’t be regarded as world class
Kane is not a world class. That's my opinion.
Make we dead the talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
mostob:
Make we dead the talk.

Dead Wetin ?

Kane is world class

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
mostob:
Make we dead the talk.

Kane is world class, to be one of the top ten scorers in the Epl with Tottenham is not child's play he has hit multiple 25+ seasons if that is not world class I don't know what is, Sterling on the other hand is not world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Bro...the tide has long shifted...we only got yet another reality check today....

Nigerian female football is overrated.

We are no longer to be reckoned with on d continent, talk less of d world.

Same even applies to d yeye super Falcons.

If Ghana, South Africa or Cameroon, catch us now, na sure beating, maximum Shishi.

We might only try to struggle against d likes of Kenya or Malawi henceforth.

E shock u ahbi grin

E no shock people like us because we don see am tey tey
Nigeria female football isn't overated... We still have far better talents than most African countries.
The problem is that,just like with many sectors in the country, women football has been left stagnant.. We have failed to build on the success of the past to elevate the game beyond it's current level.. Back then, women football wasn't being taken serious in Africa,so it was easy for us to dominate with our talent.. But like they say, talent isn't enough...you need hard work to compliment it..
Our football administrators obviously aren't putting in enough hard work..

Imagine,the coach of the super falcons is a college teacher...That too being part time.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Danielnino00:

Nigeria female football isn't overated... We still have far better talents than most African countries.
The problem is that,just like with many sectors in the country, women football has been left stagnant.. We have failed to build on the success of the past to elevate the game beyond it's current level.. Back then, women football wasn't being taken serious in Africa,so it was easy for us to dominate with our talent.. But like they say, talent isn't enough...you need hard work to compliment it..
Our football administrators obviously aren't putting in enough hard work..

Imagine,the coach of the super falcons is a college teacher...That too being part time.....
it’s over rated oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
charlesemeka85:
it’s over rated oga

Let's have your own view on why you think so.

With better explanation, he might change his stance rather than you just saying this, since you aren't an authority.

Not an attack, just feel you should help with why you think so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Throw back Inter Milan vs Enyimba in a friendly smiley Ronaldo de lima was making one of his attempted comebacks injuries weren't kind to him at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9sjHxABieE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
charlesemeka85:
it’s over rated oga

It's overrated,yet no African country,as much as they try, has been able to overtake us in the last 5 years, the last decades or even the last 2 years....

The problem is simply lack of progress....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by marvin906(m): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
Anybody knows what's wrong with zaha, dude is thinking of quiting international football cause of home sickness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Subzero047:

Kane is world class, to be one of the top ten scorers in the Epl with Tottenham is not child's play he has hit multiple 25+ seasons if that is not world class I don't know what is, Sterling on the other hand is not world class

Thank you for this about Kane

I agree I was wrong with calling sterling world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2021
chrisooblog:
Throw back Inter Milan vs Enyimba in a friendly smiley Ronaldo de lima was making one of his attempted comebacks injuries weren't kind to him at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9sjHxABieE
I remember this game, enyimba lost by 6-1 I think. Imagine enyimba still getting the support they had under Uzor kalu, They’ll probably be one of the best teams in Africa right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
marvin906:
Anybody knows what's wrong with zaha, dude is thinking of quiting international football cause of home sickness
is he the first person to play for the ivorian team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
marvin906:

Which home sickness ?

How many times does he stay away from England ,abi is he from Costa Rica grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
marvin906:
is he the first player from epl to play for the ivorian national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Thank you for this about Kane

I agree I was wrong with calling sterling world class
Most goals and most assist last season. Who then is world class, if Kane is not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
marvin906:

Not home sickness he falls sick every time he goes on International duty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
Maduka Okoye with his first clean sheet of the season today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by marvin906(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
do4luv14:

it has always been hoax, from the beginning, that's why I defend the Nff and Pinnick on it,

a player had to start the process him/herself, then brought the concerned Fa along,

take the case of our girls, Plumptre and Roosa Ariyo you go understand well

When are we expecting the girls to fully play for us.
The recent non invitation of some of the girls was it because of fifa clearance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
fabyom:
Most goals and most assist last season. Who then is world class, if Kane is not?

I tire oo my broda

I wonder why he has to say Kane Isn’t world class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
Parrot69:

But no be you talk here say Olise might declare by January??
Abi U no dey sure of what you posted

So u dey believe Charles post grin grin grin grin..na 4 cruise b Charles news o...even if Charles say tomorrow will b Sunday..na still cruise cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
elyte89:

So u dey believe Charles post grin grin grin grin..na 4 cruise b Charles news o...even if Charles say tomorrow will b Sunday..na still cruise cool
if he can believe nwakali hype he can believe my news bro cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
marvin906:

When are we expecting the girls to fully play for us.
The recent non invitation of some of the girls was it because of fifa clearance

partly that, and them joining new clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:15am On Nov 07, 2021
Koboko99:

I still stand on the opinion that the current Barca b squad is shitty and below average.

PSG offered Xavi five times what Barca offered him means they say something special and are ready to get him by all means.

Did Madrid offer Ansu five times what Barca offered him? If they did he'll be wearing white now I can assure you of that.

Griezmann is suffering from loss of form. He hasn't really understood the Barca pattern of play.

Velverdi didn't discover Perez and Ruiz in preseason. They both made their debut last season and the reason he's playing them is because of the growing concern among Catalans that the future of La Masia products is being sacrificed for big money buys.

My guy how far Xavi Simmons?

Remember what I said about him ,he is still young sha but other young kids are doing better than him ,he is yet to make psg first team ,I think he will have to leave psg just the way he left Barca
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:17am On Nov 07, 2021
Koboko99:

Overrated?
A 16 year old that PSG offered 5 times what Barca was offering him? Barca offered him an annual salary of £100,00 PSG offered him £500k annually.
You are funny abeg. If the Barca b players where so talented, how come Barca is busy buying players up and down. We even signed a washed up Boateng. That's to show you how shitty those barca b players are at the moment

Xavi Simmons is still yet to find his feet while the likes of Nico González Pablo gavira have started making names for themselves

Will you still say Barca b players aren’t talented or Xavi Simmons we sold to psg better than them ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Phil foden to score today

This i have seen
Go get good glasses

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 1:09am On Nov 07, 2021
ChrisKels:
Like I always say here, believe anything said by that wannabe Britico at your own peril. So e never even reach one week wey Lukman officially accepted to play for Nigeria, but that Komekn guy has been here feeding the gullible ones in here with lies since last year!!

England Under 20 World Cup Hero Set To Switch Allegiance To Nigeria, After Turning Down Three Official Approaches From Them

Tom Fenton

England youth standout Ademola Lookman is hoping to switch his international allegiance to Nigeria, as prospects of an England call-up diminishes.

The Leicester City youngster, who previously played for the likes of Charlton, Everton and RB Leipzig, was born in the UK, but he is eligible to play for Nigeria on account of his parents.

Lookman represented England at U19, U20 and U21 level, with the undisputed highlight of his time in the junior ranks being 2017's U-20 World Cup triumph.

The 24-year-old starred in the tournament alongside the likes of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Fikayo Tomori, netting three goals en-route to the final.

Things have been more turbulent at club level since then, although the 20/21 campaign was something of a breakthrough for Lookman, as he made 34 Premier League appearances for Fulham in their ultimately fateful attempt to avoid relegation.

However, that campaign was enough to convince Leicester City to take a chance on the pacey winger, who has already scored twice for his new club this season.

With Gareth Southgate currently spoilt for choice when it comes to high-qualify wingers and forwards, even if Lookman does continue to impress under Brendan Rodgers, a call-up to England's senior squad is still highly unlikely.

Just yesterday we saw the likes of Jadon Sancho, Emile Smith-Rowe and Mason Greenwood all missing out on his latest 23-man World Cup qualifier squad, which once again highlights the depth England have in attack.

Previously, the wide-man turned down three official approaches from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to represent the African nation instead.

Speaking in 2020, Lookman stated: "I've not changed my mind [on wanting to represent England] but I'm open, and it's good to have different opportunities."

One year on, the player appears to have had a change of heart. BBC Sport reports that Lookman has officially began the process to switch allegiances to Nigeria, where opportunities to play regular international football will be more readily available.

It could turn out to be a lengthy process, as Lookman's appearances for England's junior sides complicate matters somewhat - meaning he will have to wait a bit longer to make his debut for the Super Eagles.

NFF chief scout Tunde Adelakun told the BBC: "We are aware of Lookman's desire to play for us and I have spoken to him as well. However, there is a process to it."

"After this process, then comes the consideration and decision of the head coach [Rohr] on whether or when he deems it fit to get him involved."
I have a feeling the nff is intentionally delaying the switch. I believe the reason to be that they are protecting the spots of some certain players in the super eagles team (Musa, Shehu etc).
If highly talented player join the fold it will be hard for Rohr to justify these junks in a 23 man squad.

Is it a coincidence that as soon as caf declared that they will allow 28 players for afcon
there seems to be a rush to get the application of change of nationality for both Ovie Ejaria and Ademola lookman switch all of a sudden

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11540) (11541) (11542) (11543) (11544) (11545) (11546) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.