Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,267 members, 7,867,706 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11969212 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
As usual, someone will always come and say something out of context without reading the comments properly.

Listen again.... The Camerounians defenders of Ngadjui and Teiku are NOT FAST and will struggle against the Pace of Musa, Kayode, Nacho, Moses if we play to our strengths.

Even their fullbacks will struggle against our wingers' pace compared to what we will face against theirs. They will trouble us from the wings but so will we and also through the center if our game plan goes well.

Even Aboubakar is not fast compared to Nacho and Kayode. He only has good hold-up play and power as his main strengths.

Nobody said Moukandjo and Bassogog are not fast. Besides the speed of the Camerounians come from their wingers (Moukandjo and Bassogog) and also Anguissa in the advanced midfield position.

Period!

Mybettingtips:
The same Cameroonian team some guys said are not fast... They are very fast

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:
If we want to beat cameroon then we need a dribbler in that match

They will just keep fouling him till we get a penalty or till they get a red card

That is why we need moses in that match

He is the key grin
Na, short quick passing. In African football, refs do not favour penalties that easily and if they get the bal, they will counter you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Sokari the best AMF in Africa right now? Abeg no start o.

abeg it's my opinion o, no start o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
This Aboubakar sef.
I will personally hold him responsible if Cameroon fails to win this game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:

I heard about him and watched him in the U20World cup. He has so much potential but he just hasn't improved past that stage. Playing lovely and sliky football with minimal output will not get you a good club. He needs to improve. Age is not on his side

When last did u watch him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cameroun should plss beat these Australians naa.... They have the pace, stamina and power over the Australians.... the Australians aren't fast compared to the Camerounians... the Camerounian attack keep carving out chance after chance but their problem of finishing is rearing its ugly head again.

The Camerounian forward line is really over the Australians but finishing!!!!! ahhhhh... Africa my Africa!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Honestly, he had been wasteful. Really wasteful.

Icon4s:
This Aboubakar sef.
I will personally hold him responsible if Cameroon fails to win this game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
As usual, someone will always come and say something out of context without reading the comments properly.

Listen again.... The Camerounians defenders of Ngadjui and Teiku are NOT FAST and will struggle against the Pace of Musa, Kayode, Nacho, Moses if we play to our strengths.

Even their fullbacks will struggle against our wingers' pace compared to what we will face against theirs. They will trouble us from the wings but so will we and also through the center if our game plan goes well.

Even Aboubakar is not fast compared to Nacho and Kayode. He only has good hold-up play and power as his main strengths.

Nobody said Moukandjo and Bassogog are not fast. Besides the speed of the Camerounians come from their wingers (Moukandjo and Bassogog) and also Anguissa in the advanced midfield position.

Period!

I would not agree with you, these cameroonians are faster than us. Even musa that we claim is fast looked slow against SA. Watch their counters and their recovery rate. We better be objective and face reality before we face another defeat. They are faster and will hold our pacy midfielders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Cameroun should plss beat these Australians naa.... They have the pace, stamina and power over the Australians.... the Australians aren't fast compared to the Camerounians... the Camerounian attack keep carving out chance after chance but their problem of finishing is rearing its ugly head again.

The Camerounian forward line is really over the Australians but finishing!!!!! ahhhhh... Africa my Africa!!!!
Moses and Iheabacho would have buried those chances

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Period!

These 3 guys: Bassogog, Moukanjo and Anguissa, o boy. Na dem be the Cameroon o. The rest na nonsense. The Australians have struggled to match up with their pace and strength o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, he had been wasteful. Really wasteful.

His excellent positioning and hold-up play are Super though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
PDPGuy:

They could have also missed easier one's too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
My people, abeg how we go take play this Bassogog?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

They could have also missed easier one's too.
Possibly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:
Assign Echiejile and Ndidi to mark him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:
Simple, maintain your shape. He misplaces a lot of passes and is sometimes unsure of what to do. I will be worried about their strength sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
1-1 FT.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
If Vincent Aboubakar was Nigerian this would have been his last tournament in Nigeria's jerseys.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yeah... I acknowledged that.

Icon4s:

His excellent positioning and hold-up play are Super though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Simple, maintain your shape. He misplaces a lot of passes and is sometimes unsure of what to do. I will be worried about their strength sha

That guy is a bull. Echiejile will definitely need plenty of support from our LWF and DM.

cc: PDPGUY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

That guy is a bull. Echiejile will definitely need plenty of support from our LWF and DM.

cc: PDPGUY
Does Echiechile still play for SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Read my comment again to know which part of the Camerounian team I called fast and not fast.... I was specific.

And sorry... I may be Nigerian... but truth is we have the pace to beat their defenceline like Chile were always doing easily. If only we play to our strengths. That is the reality.
Objectiveness does not mean sounding negative and playing down on our own strengths all the time in the name of so-called Objective analysis.

We must state what we are up against and also state where we hold the aces. That is what I am doing.

Without Bassogog, Anguissa and Moukandjo... the pace of the Camerounians is absent. #Fact

Lazyerudite:

I would not agree with you, this cameroonians are faster than us. Even musa that we claim is fast looked slow against SA. Watch their counters and their recovery rate. We better be objective and face reality before we face another defeat. They are faster and will hold our pacy midfielders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Iheanacho and 9 just finds a way not to sit well with me. I chose the false 9 role for him cos Etebo and Moses have goals in them coming from the wings. But if Iheanacho should play 9, then i may sacrifice Ajagun and bring in Ideye to support Nacho. I'd just play 2 MFs.

Mickael2:

I don't need to tell you that I will switch Onazi with Ndidi. and if you play a false nine, you need another player who can score very well playing in one of the wings so that when the false nine moves forward the winger can take up his position and still score, So I'd rather just have Iheanacho in the 9 role or if he doesn't pick up form by then I'd bring in Kayode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
No better still, if he was Iheanacho, it would be said that he is useless as a striker/no.9

People saw Aboubakar's wastefulness today yet will not call him useless. Iheanacho would have buried at least two of those chances.

Icon4s:
If Vincent Aboubakar was Nigerian this would have been his last tournament in Nigeria's jerseys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
PDPGuy:

Yes...with these guys ,finishing ain't our problem!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
lol okay oh..

u know even when u win the battle, nothing is still guaranteed.. you will live to fight another day, win or lose.. hahaha

TheSuperNerd:
Ehen..... angry

Wetin do the Age? angry

Love is Ageless.... Love shatters the glass of time... Love is boundless. So 21st or 4th century... let them fight... grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Mehn.... that guy na machine.

He is not Afcon 2017 MVP for nothing oooo....

Ehmmmm... lemme see....

He wikk be up against Echiejile... so uhmmm who will play that LW role to help Echiejile when off the ball.... I suggest Etebo.

Echiejile and Etebo up and down that wing should contain Bassogog. #myInitialthoughts

Icon4s:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Read my comment again to know which part of the Camerounian team I called fast and not fast.... I was specific.

And sorry... I may be Nigerian... but truth is we have the pace to beat their defenceline like Chile were always doing easily. Of only we play to our strengths. That is the reality.
Objectiveness does not mean sounding negative and playing down on our own strengths all the time in the name of so-called Objective analysis.

We must state what we are up against and also state where we hold the aces. That is what I am doing.

Without Bassogog, Anguissa and Moukandjo... the pace of the Camerounians is absent. #Fact
I watched their 2 and 3 and believe me, they are by no means slow. That team is quite agile and fast evidenced by their counter attacks. Our team is not as fast as you are portraying it. Again we should thread carefully. Musa usually leaves the ball behind, Moses might give them a run for their money and iheanacho(if he plays like he did against SA will be taken out of the game easily). We are not there yet

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Oga we have super pace upfront.... we just need to activate the pace with the right throughballs and passing.... Our defenders are also not slowbies.
Their no.2 and 3 seems fast because The Australians are bloody slow.

I repeat their pace is generated majorly from the likes of Moukandjo, Bassogog and that Workhorse AMF called Anguissa.

We not there yet.... who says we are?? But the Camerounians are also not there as you can see today. They could not beat a team less in stamina, power and pace than them plus their finishing is wayward. Are they there too??

[quote author=Lazyerudite post=57758562][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Mehn.... that guy na machine.

He is not Afcon 2017 MVP for nothing oooo....

Ehmmmm... lemme see....

He wikk be up against Echiejile... so uhmmm who will play that LW role to help Echiejile when off the ball.... I suggest Etebo.

Echiejile and Etebo up and down that wing should contain Bassogog. #myInitialthoughts

He will not be up against Echiejile, Echiejile will be at his mercy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lemme state it here, I am afraid of this CMR team to the bone marrow. What they did to Egypt is what they did to Australia - they wear the hell out of you with their super running. Infact this team can run for 120 mims non stop. The Aussies at some point couldn't run with the ball. They resorted to short and aimless passing.
After watching CMR, I'd put Musa or Etebo on Echejile's wing for support as they have the strength and stamina to pace up and down.
If Germany doesn't pick a result today against Chile, watch how Bassagog would yeye Jonas Hector when they play. That's how good we'd realise this Bassagog guy is.
I can't seem to recollect their number 3 Zambo Anguissa at the Nations cup. But wherever he surfaced from he's made CMR a whole lot stronger.
Truth be said, I de fear them oooooo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
but that's Cameroon for you when they play away from Africa. But they have this belief in African soil -- esp when they play against Nigeria. Let's not judge by their performance in the conf cup.

TheSuperNerd:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Goke7, iamdynamite(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.