Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11878574 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11571) (11572) (11573) (11574) (11575) (11576) (11577) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2021
The Turkish giants are already preparing to bring in quality replacements after a slow start to the 2021-22 Super Lig campaign

Galatasaray have set their sights on two Nigerian internationals Moses Simon and Samuel Kalu, intending to make a move for them when the winter transfer window opens in January, reports the Fanatik via Girondins4ever.

Simon has been turning heads with his excellent performances for Nantes this season, and it is no surprise that he is attracting admiring glances from clubs across Europe.

The 26-year-old flying winger has notched a goal and six assists in 13 Ligue 1 games this term, winning Nantes’ player of the month awards for August and September.

By contrast, Kalu has been anything but brilliant for Bordeaux this season, with the Nigerian playmaker contributing just one goal and one assist in nine appearances for Les Girondins.

The 24-year-old has started only three of Bordeaux’s 13 league games and is no longer considered a vital member of the starting eleven.

But Galatasaray are long-term admirers of the Super Eagles star and have been monitoring him for over a year.

The former Turkish champions reportedly almost got a deal done for Kalu on transfer deadline day this summer, and they could finally pull all the stops to get their man this time.

Simon is currently with the Super Eagles in Tangier, Morocco, ahead of Nigeria’s 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Liberia and Cape Verde. Head coach Gernot Rohr did not invite Kalu for the two crucial games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Danielnino00:

This is the problem with some of you... You are asked a question, rather than response accordingly,you go ahead spewing some nonsense about disdain and prejudice...
Tell us what the man's tactics are..Every sound manager out there has a tactic and style of play...

Our players play under a specific tactic at their clubs, that's why they excel there... It's in the national team we see them play like amateurs...

So tell us, Mr "I Sabi ball", what's Rohr's tactic?
you get time dey argue bro grin kick and follow then cross and inshallah na the tactics grin grin grin wey dey invisible to us but to them Rorh na master tactician wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
So whose tactics were used the days they won?
na ur own

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Truidstar:

Funny question. Then u no sabi ball.

Yes sir its true ...i nor sabi ball

But, is that the answer to my question ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
you get time dey argue bro grin kick and follow then cross and inshallah na the tactics grin grin grin wey dey invisible to us but to them Rorh na master tactician wink

Most of these Rohr supporters are becoming annoying.. blowing air all over the place..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
Wilfred Ndidi is set to complete a massive transfer to La Liga giants Real Madrid, according to media reports.

According to Fichajes, Real will sign the Super Eagles midfielder in January as coach Carlo Ancelotti needs him to give his team more options in midfield.

Leicester City will want around 60 Million Euros for the defensive midfielder and the report said Real Madrid are prepared to pay that.

Ndidi has been linked with several top clubs across Europe including Manchester United and PSG after solid displays in the heart of the Leicester City engine-room.

He was reported to have recently changed agents probably as part of this major transfer.

Ndidi, 24, joined Leicester City four years ago from Belgian club Genk for about 17 Million Euros.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Wilfred Ndidi is set to complete a massive transfer to La Liga giants Real Madrid, according to media reports.

According to Fichajes, Real will sign the Super Eagles midfielder in January as coach Carlo Ancelotti needs him to give his team more options in midfield.

Leicester City will want around 60 Million Euros for the defensive midfielder and the report said Real Madrid are prepared to pay that.

Ndidi has been linked with several top clubs across Europe including Manchester United and PSG after solid displays in the heart of the Leicester City engine-room.

He was reported to have recently changed agents probably as part of this major transfer.

Ndidi, 24, joined Leicester City four years ago from Belgian club Genk for about 17 Million Euros.

It's from emeka grin...I dont believe dis cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Gerrard has been confirmed as Aston Villa manager...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
elyte89:

It's from emeka grin...I dont believe dis cheesy
na una problem here

Those wey dey edit and paint there own well dey get direct info frm transfer gurus all over the world

If u like take am if u no like leave na wetin I see I post and never told u that I was the originator of the news

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Strugglingman:

Yes sir its true ...i nor sabi ball

But, is that the answer to my question ??

Oga, go youtube..Rohr did an interview with elegbete tv like 2 weeks ago. He explained himself..his style and tactics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
lyricaldaboss:

When we had Victor Moses he routinely ran with the ball and got crosses in, our current squad don't push the ball forward with pace from midfield. They are either trying to score themselves or they over dribble until the lose the ball

Victor Moses is more guilty of over-dribbling, losing the ball and selfish plays.
Let's not allow the constant hanker for the things that we have had or yet to have overtake us.

For the emboldened, you are right. That's what the current squad lack, but you should take cognizance in the fact that what you described is the job of midfielders, not wingers.
Victor Moses enjoyed a lot of service from Mikel.

I ponder what Victor Moses will do against a team like C.A.R coupled with the deficiency we suffered in the midfield.

Pace, dribbling, through balls, and finishing, are what accounts for good wing forward play and these are areas where players like Samuel Chukwueze and Chidera Ejuke excels, making them more preferable than Victor Moses.
However Victor Moses's contributions to defense, vision and crossing makes him an excellent wingback.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
Meliforme:

Victor Moses is more guilty of over-dribbling, losing the ball and selfish plays.
Let's not allow the constant hanker for the things that we have had or yet to have overtake us.

For the emboldened, you are right. That's what the current squad lack, but you should take cognizance in the fact that what you described is the job of midfielders, not wingers.
Victor Moses enjoyed a lot of service from Mikel.

I ponder what Victor Moses will do against a team like Cape Verde coupled with the deficiency we suffered in the midfield.

Pace, dribbling, through balls, and finishing, are what accounts for good wing forward play and these are areas where players like Samuel Chukwueze and Chidera Ejuke excels, making them more preferable than Victor Moses.
However Victor Moses's contributions to defense, vision and crossing makes him an excellent wingback.

Victor Moses is a player that i always look forward to watch in GWG.
He was my star man, but let's not overemphasize his absence from the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
charlesemeka85:

From the staples of soro m chia (laugh hour) ogene news caster comes another ogbonge transfer news grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
charlesemeka85:

According to Fichajes , Real will sign the Super Eagles midfielder in January as coach Carlo Ancelotti needs him to give his team more options in midfield.

Trash source

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=Danielnino00 post=107518895]Our players excel cause they have developed chemistry and understanding with the same players week in week out. Yiu expect us to play like Barca after how many days of training? Even if Rohrs playbook was given to you it will still not satisfy you.
i still say..YOU NO SABI BALL. peace.

This is the problem with some of you... You are asked a question, rather than response accordingly,you go ahead spewing some nonsense about disdain and prejudice...
Tell us what the man's tactics are..Every sound manager out there has a tactic and style of play...

Our players play under a specific tactic at their clubs, that's why they excel there... It's in the national team we see them play like amateurs...

So tell us, Mr "I Sabi ball", what's Rohr's tactic?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
ChrisKels:

From the staples of soro m chia (laugh hour) ogene news caster comes another ogbonge transfer news grin
waka cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
zuchyblink:
You want Rohr to win formula one with Keke Napep?
He can go back to Niger Republic, they are plenty okadas there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
charlesemeka85:
waka cheesy

I pray this or the Man United deal happens, though I’m not putting my mind in it. It pains me that our top stars don’t feature for the best teams in Europe. I mean teams that are potential domestic and champions league winners.

Do you know that this season alone, at least one Senegalese player will go home with a champions league gold medal through Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool or PSG. Bundesliga is a sure banker, same as Ligue1 and even EPL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

He can go back to Niger Republic, they are plenty okadas there.

To beat you dey hungry me, you have dealt with me a lot for this thread. One day I go just enter motor find you come Ogun State give you better beating.

I was alone sometime yesterday and remembered that post you asked me the price of 33 larger beer, aswear lafta wan kee me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
Idenna, Icon4s etc try to visit this thread to read history

https://www.nairaland.com/6844613/indigenous-igbo-people-carved-into#107511073
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Omanambala:

Shut the ffuck ffuck! Every shoe has a size...go pick your size because I am outa your league. You love attention too much , for a man. You know where I stand but you love going in circle and insulting people because your life in uneventful.

I dont boast but I am well off , insha allah and same goes for my offspring! I will never brag but you were here the day KOMEKN claimed I live in Burkina Faso and never left Africa, until I dared him and silenced him forever.

You "mock" me over what ??

The very thing you accuse people of you are the undiluted personification of, YOU ARE THE MOST UNCOUTH, ABUSIVE, UNCIVIL person on this discourse and your diction is almost entirely VITRIOLIC in this forum, you have the KINGSHIP of BAD BEHAVIOUR .

" Out of the depths of the heart the mouth speaks "

Your heart is opaque and very dark, you have eyes but cant see, i would say you have a mind but that would imply some level of intelligence.

Your propositions are self birthed from an ingrained parochial mind , I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BELIEF you LIVE in the USA. However, the possibility exists that you may work in a dark sewage in some obscure part of the USA , excluded from society and normal socio cultural interaction, as a consequence. You still have the mentality of a nomad goat herder from Burkina Faso, you remain the same. Its like you can take the bushman to school but you cant always get the, bush out of the man.

You find self importance on this thread, it is your sense of identity and self worth, that is sad. Imagine boasting on a faceless forum to faceless people, " I am well off " which sane person does that.

Look at how deeply delusional you are , you actually believe you essentially silenced me and took me out of this discourse. I have responded to you as an act of charity and compassion, so you can wake up out of your conceited dark and infantile fantasy , and come back to REALITY and wake up hopefully, although I am not optimistic .

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
ChrisKels:

I pray this or the Man United deal happens, though I’m not putting my mind in it. It pains me that our top stars don’t feature for the best teams in Europe. I mean teams that are potential domestic and champions league winners.

Do you know that this season alone, at least one Senegalese player will go home with a champions league gold medal through Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool or PSG. Bundesliga is a sure banker, same as Ligue1 and even EPL
mark it somewhere, ndidi will be the next 9ja player to play for United or the first to sign for Madrid soon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
joelsteron:

Don't be scared. The next stage will be a truly tricky but I have confidence in these boys. Especially when alot is at stake. The last match was the beginning of seriousness for most of the players even the coach. Bring on Algeria or Senegal.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=MetalJigsaw post=107523825][/quote]u see death coming abi? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
ChrisKels:

To beat you dey hungry me, you have dealt with me a lot for this thread. One day I go just enter motor find you come Ogun State give you better beating.

I was alone sometime yesterday and remembered that post you asked me the price of 33 larger beer, aswear lafta wan kee me

Bros no war, no violence make one love dey keep us together o. Na only small mouth I get, I no like to dey chop beating. I like your wit too although you can be very mean sometimes.
Meanwhile to the main discourse jare, hopefully we play good football on Saturday, at least no excuse of bad pitch. Most of the players are available so let's see. Although I want to be like GoodJoe here too, while winning is more important, I would really like us to play good football. I guess I am expecting too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Big Joe, I agree with you. This team tends to play well when you give them a good pitch. And Morocco has some of the best soccer pitches in Africa.

O pari

Joebie:
The thought of playing in Morrocco gives me hope. I am expecting a good game from SE, not because Rohr is good. It's just going to be one of those moments when we will come good. I hope we also play well. My sights are on the next round which will prove to be very tricky.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Odion Ighalo have arrived camp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
maidaboi:

Nice one. If Messi can be called out of retirement to help his country what's with all the controversies about Ighalo. Abeggi.
I'm sure by world cup Victor Moses will be next. We need strong starting 11 and strong bench

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
joelsteron:

Nice one. If Messi can be called out of retirement to help his country what's with all the controversies about Ighalo. Abeggi.
I'm sure by world cup Victor Moses will be next. We need strong starting 11 and strong bench

Next is victor moses I’m confident that he can possibly return for the final round of WCQ

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Onazi in an interview yesterday

"I would like to return to Lazio and play for Sarri. Lazio is my team, I can't cheer for another club. "

He currently plays in Turkey's second division.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
maidaboi:

The goat has arrived grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
hmm these world cup qualifiers are no easy mission Ethiopia drew 1-1 with Ghana. It still mathematically in the Black Stars hands but the final game is now a must win not even just a win but a big one for that matter

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11571) (11572) (11573) (11574) (11575) (11576) (11577) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi, chidekings(m), Jefersoun, Philosopher1979, victornoah(m), Tinneh and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.