Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942104 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11580) (11581) (11582) (11583) (11584) (11585) (11586) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

...... we are damn funny on this Thread walahi. We do rate our Players beyond Imaginations. We ain't in the 90s and Fans here should try to understand. This is no Era of Okocha, even Ronaldinho won't be able to play for a top Team in this present Epoch.

Football is no longer built on individual brilliance, its now rather built on Teamwork. Adama Traore, a fine Dribbler, yet playing for Wolves. Tactically, it'll be difficult at AFCON to rely on individual brilliance to win Matches.

Africans are rugged, and Defenders are ready to end your Career for you, if you try to mesmerise around them.
baba u sabi ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ronaldo has 1 international trophy ,you want to sneak in they yeye nations league then I will sneak in olympic gold and under 20 World Cup so who now has more trophies , Messi won the copa America another new narrative enter grin

Ronaldo has played more games than Messi and is older than Messi so he is expected to have more goals and Messi is even close ,if Messi reach the amount of goals cr7 have reach he will definitely have more goals ,who have the best goal ratio grin

Ronaldo has 34 trophies while Messi has 38 so how did Ronaldo have more trophies ?

Instead of you to make simple research you are busy smoking igbo grin

Messi more ballon d or is still getting you depressed

Where is cr7 Olympic gold since nations league is now an important trophy grin

And finally Messi is the 2nd most decorated player of all time ,only behind Daniel Alves ,and to add to your tears another awoof Ligue 1 is loading and one of those French cups cheesy
I have said it times without number that since Ronaldo left Man U for Madrid, he became an upgraded Nisterooy. There is nothing he does to matches other than scoring, that's why he is usually useless in matches if he doesn't score unlike Messi that has won countless MOTM even without scoring in those matches.
Goal to game ratio, Messi is ahead,
Assist to game ratio, Messi is also ahead,
Messi has won more MOTM matches compared to Ronaldo, all these despite Messi playing lesser games to Ronaldo.
Sometimes I wonder if people that compares the both of them even watches them play.
Lot of people are till today still rating Ronaldo De Lima ahead of Christiano, still Ronaldo fans will be mentioning Christiano in the same sentence with Messi.
Next time you shouldn't bother to answer them because it's not worth it

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

How many new Strikers has Rohr invited? Dessers, Bazee, Moffi, Onuachu, Maja and very recently Awoniyi.

He has tried almost all, yet he ain't convinced, hence gets no choice but to recall Ighalo for rest qualifing Matches and AFCON certainly.

Rohr doesn't rate Iheanacho either as a Striker. He sees him as a supporting Striker and to some extent a Playmaker.

We shouldn't forget Rohr once dropped Iheanacho completely from the Squad till he regains his form at end of last Season.

Awoniyi has a shot at the Team, if he keeps up with the Form. He may possibly replace Onuachu if he keeps popping Goals, coz Ighalo is definitely going to Cameroon next Year January.

When did Rohr try Dessers, Awoniyi and Maja?

Don’t tell me one game with few minutes was enough to convince him because Osimhen had played 6 games without scoring one single goal.

That’s double standard on Rohr’s part......I mean the Nigerian coaches in the team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

I have said it times without number that since Ronaldo left Man U for Madrid, he became an upgraded Nisterooy. There is nothing he does to matches other than scoring, that's why he is usually useless in matches if he doesn't score unlike Messi that has won countless MOTM even without scoring in those matches.
Messi has won more MOTM matches compared to Ronaldo, all these despite Messi playing lesser games to Ronaldo.
Sometimes I wonder if people that compares the both of them even watches them play.
Lot of people are till today still rating Ronaldo De Lima ahead of Christiano, still Ronaldo fans will be mentioning Christiano in the same sentence with Messi.

They always look for a way to force cr7 on Messi even if them know the truth inside their minds

They never get tired grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

When did Rohr try Dessers, Awoniyi and Maja?

Don’t tell me one game with few minutes was enough to convince him because Osimhen had played 6 games with scoring one single goal.

That’s double standard on Rohr’s part......I mean the Nigerian coaches in the team.

As far as you are not their favorite player 3 minutes is enough for you to prove yourself

Some will come and tell you that dessers is a flop and he hasn’t even played up to 30 minutes for the eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Napoleon55:

Yes,
Until a player step up and do d same what he has done at d lower division ,he should not b adjudged better than those doing at higher division

You mean a player should go to a lower league and prove he is better?

Which player is going to pray for that?

Sadiq couldn’t do jack in Seria A, why?

He should prove himself first in a top league before he can be regarded.

Before you start thinking I am downplaying him, please remember I was the first to clamor for his invitation to play in the SE when he came to limelight in his first season with Roma.

Internet doesn’t forget.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Random question please
Does Frank Onyeka play 4 or 10 for Brentford ?
I’m actually confused, is he a defensive or central midfielder
Seems he does both in my opinion undecided
Ndidi is a defensive midfielder, so is Frank his replacement in case of any injuries
Transfermarkt labels him as CM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

They always look for a way to force cr7 on Messi even if them know the truth inside their minds

They never get tired grin
They should stop it. Ronaldo isn't supposed to ever be mentioned in the same sentence with Messi.
I just pray grace shines on Messi next year and Argentina wins the World Cup. They have a good quad that now plays like a team unlike before when some of their other so called stars where playing but in their minds beafing Messi, mostly Tevez. And no Higuain and his badluck anymore

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

As far as you are not their favorite player 3 minutes is enough for you to prove yourself

Some will come and tell you that dessers is a flop because He hasn’t even played up to 30 minutes for the eagles

Dessers that was given just 1 minutes to play na em be the chance wey fit convince person. Na wa oooo.

What will they call Osimhen that played 3 games out of 6 games for 45 minutes without scoring a single goal?

Double standard too much dis country. Na d reason everybody wan find em way.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

They should stop it. Ronaldo isn't supposed to ever be mentioned in the same sentence with Messi.
I just pray grace shines on Messi next year and Argentina wins the World Cup. They have a good quad that now plays like a team unlike before when some of their other so called stars where playing but in their minds beafing Messi, mostly Tevez. And no Higuain and his badluck anymore

Baba, the Ballon d’Or was between Ronaldo and Messi all these years.

Which level fit pass that one? Me no understand ooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
yinkeys:
Random question please
Does Frank Onyeka play 4 or 10 for Brentford ?
I’m actually confused, is he a defensive or central midfielder
Seems he does both in my opinion undecided
Ndidi is a defensive midfielder, so is Frank his replacement in case of any injuries
Transfermarkt labels him as CM
onyeka is a CM/box to box who can as well be deployed as a DM

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

I disagree with you boss. Cr7 just like Messi is a generational talent that comes once in a life time.

Moving to Madrid harnessed his game and turned him to a goal machine.

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is that the former was brought to this world by jah to play soccer while the latter is what he is today out of hard work and determination

U dare not call a player who have shattered all records and set many just an ungraded nisterooy. Dude is a goal scoring monster which I doubt the both of us will ever see again in our life time once he retires in

As for Messi, even if he doesn’t score up to 10 goals in ligue 1 this season he has nothing to prove to anyone anymore. Not a fan of his but believe you me he is the greatest to play the game

In summary cr7 is a product of hard work while Messi is naturally gifted

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
ChrisKels:

The same Ighalo we all know? Lol OK oo. Na here we dey.

Shebi the match na today, abi when sef?

Make una leave Ighalo alone o
him no kill persin, him no do anything bad o.
My guy only requested to come back from retirement.
Afterall politicians/retired personnels are still DYING to serve the country at 70, 80 & 90yrs.
If there’s anything like 3rd tenure & 4th tenure, most of them will die to get there.
The guy still believe he can make a difference. Let’s see his stunt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
As a man United fan naturally am a die hard cr7 fan but that will never stop me from admitting the fact that Messi is better

The reason I love cr7 so much is he is the only player who has this belief that he can do whatever Messi does or even better

He is till date the only player who can atleast be compared to the Argentine magician and hv been consistent over 10 seasons winning individual laurels, breaking and setting records

Alex Ferguson was once asked between the 2 who he prefers and his response was that he admires Messi so much but that the Argentine is just a Barca type of player who will only strive in a certain tactics and system on the pitch

while cr7 is a goal machine who even when playing with scunthorpe in the English 3rd tier will guarantee you atleast 20 goals a season

Both are different type of players but amongst the greatest to ever play the game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

Before you start thinking I am downplaying him, please remember I was the first to clamor for his invitation to play in the SE when he came to limelight in his first season with Roma.

Internet doesn’t forget.

Of course na. Quality over quantity. If quality of league doesn’t matter, you might as well invite a local player scoring a lot at your street
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

Internet doesn’t forget.
So u failed to comprehend i was on ur side,unless u didn't mean't that people shouldn't judge sadiq to b better than awoniyi?

What i meant is people should not judge sadiq as d better player than awoniyi and other strikers at top league,untill he goes back to top division e.g. la liga or bundesliga and perform better or the same what he is currently doing now.
Go back n reread it.
Step up isn't going lower ,is going higher.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
I disagree with you boss. Cr7 just like Messi is a generational talent that comes once in a life time.

Moving to Madrid harnessed his game and turned him to a goal machine.

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is that the former was brought to this world by jah to play soccer while the latter is what he is today out of hard work and determination

U dare not call a player who have shattered all records and set many just an ungraded nisterooy. Dude is a goal scoring monster which I doubt the both of us will ever see again in our life time once he retires in

As for Messi, even if he doesn’t score up to 10 goals in ligue 1 this season he has nothing to prove to anyone anymore. Not a fan of his but believe you me he is the greatest to play the game

In summary cr7 is a product of hard work while Messi is naturally gifted
Watch a player like Halaand shatters Ronaldo so called goalscoring records in lesser games onces he joins a team bigger than Dortmund and that plays possession and dominate matches like Bayern. He might not win individual accolades like Ronaldo but with the way he has started, Ronaldo goalscoring records will almost be shattered by him now to the next 5 seasons.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

Baba, the Ballon d’Or was between Ronaldo and Messi all these years.

Which level fit pass that one? Me no understand ooooo.
the way some pple berate cr7 baffles even with his records and achievement

At the age of 36 he is still doing it and single handedly carrying a whole man United team on his shoulders

Mk una try Dey give respect and recognition to who deserves it

Dude is just 2 goals away to hv 800 career goals still una no Dey regard am.

I remember those years when nisterooy and Henry will score 20 league goals a season and pple will be screaming about the feat both achieved but cr7 and Messi made goal scoring seem easy even any season they score below 40 goals is seen as a less productive season to both

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Watch a player like Halaand shatters Ronaldo so called goalscoring records in lesser games onces he joins a team bigger than Dortmund and that plays possession and dominate matches like Bayern. He might not win individual accolades like Ronaldo but with the way he has started, Ronaldo goalscoring records will almost be shattered by him now to the next 5 seasons.
is not about scoring now but will he be consistent till the next 10 to 12 seasons banging in the goals at the highest level in world football?

I will only tip the Norwegian as one to break the records if he remains consistent in the next 5 seasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

just Haaland out of over millions of professional players in top clubs in Europe? That means it’s not an easy feat to achieve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
just Haaland out of over millions of professional players in top clubs in Europe? That means it’s not an easy feat to achieve
Don't get me wrong brother, I didn't say Ronaldo is the same as every other players except Messi, I was just trying to say Messi is a totally different and better talent than Ronaldo and I was only responding to those that always compare Messi with Ronaldo.
This scale is how I think it should be and not some others trying to turn the number 2 to number 1.

Messi
Ronaldo
Others

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Don't get me wrong brother, I didn't say Ronaldo is the same as every other players except Messi, I was just trying to say Messi is a totally different and better talent than Ronaldo and I was only responding to those that always compare Messi with Ronaldo.
This scale is how I think it should be and not some others trying to turn the number 2 to number 1.

Messi
Ronaldo
Others
but you call am ungraded nisterooy not even henry cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
is not about scoring now but will he be consistent till the next 10 to 12 seasons banging in the goals at the highest level in world football?

I will only tip the Norwegian as one to break the records if he remains consistent in the next 5 seasons
With the way Halaand has started from his U17 days till this very moment, he seems like someone who is gonna be around for a long time to come.
Football isn't measured by that though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Messi
Ronaldo
Others
baba those 2 I hate it when pple argue who is better

Both made goal scoring seem very easy. Can you imagine 11 balon d or and over 1500 career goals between both? Trophies won and other individual laurels I never count them ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

With the way Halaand has started from his U17 days till this very moment, he seems like someone who is gonna be around for a long time to come.
Football isn't measured by that though
injury never hit am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
but you call am ungraded nisterooy not even henry cheesy
Henry contributes to games other than goalscoring. He was just so unfortunate to be with Arsenal. If Henry had moved to one of the bigger clubs that constantly wins trophies then, he would have won lot of individual accolades.
My rating was based on active players bro, players that have retired aren't part of the scale and when it comes to both active and retired players, I will personally pick Henry over Christiano Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Henry contributes to games other than goalscoring. He was just so unfortunate to be with Arsenal. He Henry had moved to one of the bigger clubs that constantly wins trophies then, he would have won lot of individual accolades.
My rating was based on active players bro, players that have retired aren't part of the scale and when it comes to both active and retired players, I will personally pick Henry over Christiano Ronaldo
thank god u said u will personally pick Henry, na ur opinion and preference sha cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
the way some pple berate cr7 baffles even with his records and achievement

At the age of 36 he is still doing it and single handedly carrying a whole man United team on his shoulders

Mk una try Dey give respect and recognition to who deserves it

Dude is just 2 goals away to hv 800 career goals still una no Dey regard am.

I remember those years when nisterooy and Henry will score 20 league goals a season and pple will be screaming about the feat both achieved but cr7 and Messi made goal scoring seem easy even any season they score below 40 goals is seen as a less productive season to both

I don’t berate cr7

Cr7 fans started it by insulting Messi as a 1 club man with no international trophy even after they know he was unlucky to miss out on the World Cup trophy

We no regard cr7 then who we regard apart from Messi ?

Cr7 is a great player and one of the best ever

I am now more interested in people who said hazard is better than Neymar grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
labas370:
Actually many countries in Africa. Cost of internet in Nigeria is very high. Cost of internet in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and some other African countries are way cheaper and better than ours... If they internet will be cheap, with stead electricity for people to charge their phones and importantly, for all the rural areas in Nigeria to have atleast strong fast 4g internet, then we can gladly claim the king of social media in Africa.

Nigeria is 3 times more active on the internet than the any other African country, despite our expensive internet.
And this is not adding our millions of folks in diaspora.

Even European countries don't come close.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Is that easy to shatter ronaldo and messi's records even in next 4 generations?

If u still hear about about haaland in 5 seasons from now it means that he must have performed admirably,but shattering ronaldo's records is out it.

Football is more difficult and unpredictable than most thought.
Most of these stars u hearing their names this season,5 seasons from now u won't hear most of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Henry contributes to games other than goalscoring. He was just so unfortunate to be with Arsenal. If Henry had moved to one of the bigger clubs that constantly wins trophies then, he would have won lot of individual accolades.
and ur preference implies u will pick Henry also ahead of Ronaldo de Lima cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
charlesemeka85:
injury never hit am
There is no player that injury doesn't hit and he won't be an exception.
I guess you know so well that he had even already missed so games for Dortmund this season due to injury? He didn't featured in Dortmund last 3 matches or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (11580) (11581) (11582) (11583) (11584) (11585) (11586) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.