Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,078 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11881207 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11585) (11586) (11587) (11588) (11589) (11590) (11591) ... (16254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
That's true Burkina Faso always needed to beat Algeria away.

Just praying SE make things straight forward and not bring unnecessary worry into the equation

If CAR lose to Cape Verde we'll be in the same situation as others.....All to play for on MD6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
nelszx:

If CAR lose to Cape Verde we'll be in the same situation as others.....All to play for on MD6

Car will lose.. DTS almost certain.. We only need to tidy up things in Lagos to avoid stories DT touches d heart
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
elyte89:

Car will lose.. DTS almost certain.. We only need to tidy up things in Lagos to avoid stories DT touches d heart
win tomorrow first bfore u think about lagos

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
elyte89:

grin

Una don miss Calculations and Permutations right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Just win the next two matches. This is a must. That's all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Omo, as a player, you stake your claim to the national team by playing well in your football team. If you’re putting in a solid performance week in week out in your team then there’s no way you won’t get an invite. But if you don’t perform at your football club then how can we expect you to perform wonders at the national team?

O pari

TheLoneCitizen:

For those that use Osimhen and Ighalo to judge a striker who doesn't score on his debut should note that:
Osimhen needed 7 different games to score his first super eagle goal.
Ighalo needed 3.
The players who allegedly aren't doing well have had:
Awoniyi - 1 game
Onuachu - Goal in 2nd game
Moffi - 3 games
Dessers - 1 game

How have these ones shown they aren't doing enough?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Una don miss Calculations and Permutations right?
Almost everyone has all to play for on MD6. Including Algeria wey dey score anyhow. So make una stop this calculator noise abeg sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Almost everyone has all to play for on MD6. Including Algeria wey dey score anyhow. So make una stop this calculator noise abeg sad

I like this qualification format... CAF should maintain it...
It will keep the big teams on their toes, knowing that minnows can upset them..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danielnino00:

I like this qualification format... CAF should maintain it...
It will keep the big teams on their toes, knowing that minnows can upset them..

By next world cup it would be straight qualification as the slot will have increased to ten. No round 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
By next world cup it would be straight qualification as the slot will have increased to ten. No round 3.

I thought it was 9 slots...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danielnino00:

I thought it was 9 slots...
Sorry 9. But will there be round 3 with 9 slots? I doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Partially, showboating and dribbling is simply what you differentiate in the last Paragraph of your Post.

Football was an Art but until recently. Football is now Science. Managers are following Frederick Winslow Taylor's Theory with their tactics and Lineup.

You've got to follow every detail of their Instructions, otherwise you'll be benched or discard. All Tom and Jerry wanna play from back now. All Managers wanna play tiki taka or ghen ghen football.

Wide Players are allowed to dribble but not often, except there is no other option or wanna breakdown stubborn wall.
Your first paragraph is why I hate modern football. It's too mechanical. Too scientific. The artistic is buried under huge piles of Data upon data.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Sorry 9. But will there be round 3 with 9 slots? I doubt.

Probably there will be a playoff round to determine who gets the 9th slot.. or maybe just 9 groups outrightly...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Andrew...... Ronaldinho was an Entertainer, also a great footballer. He saw football an Art and so well he entertained the World.

This is Era of Stats, you know I don't like Bruno despite his rich Stats for United so far. If we are being honest, Gaucho gonna find it difficult to play for any top team presently.

He must showboat, you can't take that away from him. He's artistic with ball at his feet, you think Tuchel or Klopp gonna appreciate that?!

Every top Manager wanna play swift football from Defence to Attack. They want their players mastering off ball movements and decisive passes..... can Gaucho function in that kinda setup?!

Football is no more Art but Science.... following Frederick Winslow Taylor's Theory. Hawthorn Effect is what make Players like Gaucho succeed.
Bro, I get your point about modern football and its obsessions but Ronnie will still be the choice of these coaches if THEY have the choice. Ronaldinho was incredibly swift with his dribbling. He was like a hurricane, a force of nature,highly effective in battering down stubborn defences.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mujtahida:

Bro, I get your point about modern football and its obsessions but Ronnie will still be the choice of these coaches if THEY have the choice. Ronaldinho was incredibly swift with his dribbling. He was like a hurricane, a force of nature,highly effective in battering down stubborn defences.

Maybe it's a Rohr kind of coach that won't pick Ronaldinho in his team cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danielnino00:

Maybe it's a Rohr kind of coach that won't pick Ronaldinho in his team cheesy cheesy
I think Germans are too staid for the kind of football we love to see our team play. We play such drab football and it is unspeakably awful to watch. We are compelled to endure it just out of an overdose of patriotism. No joy, no expectation just may God help us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
What are his objectives? And what is your definition of failure here?
JohnBullMySon:
No bro. Wait for Rohr to justify his sack by missing his objectives. Not to be chanting "Rohr is clueless" everyday because of a few matches. He has a contract that he hasn't failed in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Icon79:
Omo, as a player, you stake your claim to the national team by playing well in your football team. If you’re putting in a solid performance week in week out in your team then there’s no way you won’t get an invite. But if you don’t perform at your football club then how can we expect you to perform wonders at the national team?

O pari

Exactly. I don't really have a problem with Moffi, Awoniyi and Dessers' snub. The problem is when people already tag them a flop.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mujtahida:

Your first paragraph is why I hate modern football. It's too mechanical. Too scientific. The artistic is buried under huge piles of Data upon data.

I swear.... I hate what football is becoming. I am a United Fan and really dislike Bruno. Stats-wise he's doing fine for United, but guess what he loses possession anyhow.

He would make countless risky passes, and at least 1 or 2 gonna end as Assist. He barely dribbles despite playing as No. 10 for United. He barely supports the Pivot for transition from defense to attack.

He's either competing with No. 9 for Goal or trying as much as possible passes to get at least an Assist. That's not what I subscribed for in football.

When we were young, everyone wanna be called Jay Jay Okocha, only few wanna be called Rashidi Yekini. In fact number of football lovers that would prefer being called Siasia exceed those that wanna be known as Rashidi.

As I pointed out earlier, football is moving away from Hawthorn Effect to Frederick Winslow Taylor's Theory. Players are now robotic - they follow Instructions strictly. Positioning, Movement, Passing, even shooting Range.

Entertainment part of football is fading away. Guess what? Anytime I feel like getting entertained football-wise, I do make use of YouTube to see Clips of De Lima, Gaucho and Okocha.

E dey sweet my belle.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joebie:
What are his objectives? And what is your definition of failure here?
Contract terms failure. I won't judge him yet till he fails to either win Afcon or qualify for the mundial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Make una dey calm down first, after hours of hardwork during the day. Una need am to grab before una go post against any post.

Elyte said, if we lose or draw next Match, no call for Alarm. So is that your wish as well?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mujtahida:

I think Germans are too staid for the kind of football we love to see our team play. We play such drab football and it is unspeakably awful to watch. We are compelled to endure it just out of an overdose of patriotism. No joy, no expectation just may God help us

I don't totally agree with that Sha... Some of the best managers in today's football are German... Klopp,Tuchel, Flick, Klinsmen, Marco Rose and a host of others....
Rohr is just not good enough... His CV before he took the job proved enough that he was best suited for small teams...

The funny thing is that he wasn't even the first choice for the job back then... It was Paul Le Guen if memory serves me right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Qualification for mundial na the target they set for am? On AFCON he go fail that one.
My people are just something else.

JohnBullMySon:
Contract terms failure. I won't judge him yet till he fails to either win Afcon or qualify for the mundial.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
grin

Some Folks here can't use their heads to think or engage in a Discourse with sense. If you disagree with a particular view, tackle it with sense. Give your reasons.

We are not getting paid by Seùn to post here. We are simply here to catch fun and meet new friends.

Only Sycophants do hide behind others to throw Jabs. It's not funny when you think your contrary view is right. Give a Reason, let Everyone benefits from it. Put aside your Emotion, and let your brain works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Strugglingman:
win tomorrow first bfore u think about lagos
Even if we lose 2moro which is unlikely, we can qualify by winning our last game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
12large1:
Abeg why are some insecure people mentioning Ghana in a Nigeria forum
why are u on a Nigerian forum??
Mehn I'm tired of this foolish people coming to our forum to search what we have to say about them. Ghanians are also saying things about Nigeria on their own forums do u see us going about searching for what they have to say ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Even if we lose 2moro which is unlikely, we can qualify by winning our last game.

If we lose tomorrow, we should rather forget AFCON. Both Liberia and Nigeria are West Africa Countries. Both of us are playing far away in North Africa on a neutral Ground.

Majority of our Players are used to the Weather and the Pitch ain't synthetic. If we couldn't get a Win, we have no Business in Yaounde come January.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
Ahead of Awoniyi, Moffi and Sadiq? Unless injuries sha

What has Sadiq done? This Sadiq guy gets unwarranted hype
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
PROVERBZ:
why are u on a Nigerian forum??
Mehn I'm tired of this foolish people coming to our forum to search what we have to say about them. Ghanians are also saying things about Nigeria on their own forums do u see us going about searching for what they have to say ?

grin

Make una dey calm down, una no dey hear. He's a Nigerian as you and you don market.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Make una dey calm down, una no dey hear. He's a Nigerian as you and you don market.
then why is he asking stupid questions? This is the super eagles thread and Ghana and south Africa being ranked lower than the top five Hugh ranked teams are potential opponents for the super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Icon79:

O pari

Then explain the inclusion of Jamui Collins, Shehu, Musa, and one or two others.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danielnino00:

I don't totally agree with that Sha... Some of the best managers in today's football are German... Klopp,Tuchel, Flick, Klinsmen, Marco Rose and a host of others....
Rohr is just not good enough... His CV before he took the job proved enough that he was best suited for small teams...

The funny thing is that he wasn't even the first choice for the job back then... It was Paul Le Guen if memory serves me right
My brother, you are right about Germans being the pick of the pack as far as modern coaching goes. I don't just know how to deal with Rohr's ineptitude and then again I was thinking of our own specific experience with Germans. Remember Berti Vogts and Lars Lagasback.
But come to think of it Rohr gave us attacking football throughout the WCQ 2018. This ultra conservative ratchety football started during our friendlies for the WC 2018 and since then Rohr has dug in his heels without improving our style of play.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11585) (11586) (11587) (11588) (11589) (11590) (11591) ... (16254) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, bisqit, maidaboi(m), orriyomi33(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.