Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11651026 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11661) (11662) (11663) (11664) (11665) (11666) (11667) ... (16146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Later we go Dey cry say this foreign born kids Dey turns us down but the few wey accept to play for us not minding our bad system we don’t appreciate them but waiting for any slight mistake to crucify them

From iwobi to aina now aribo and okoye all just because Dey re keeping our Favourite carpenters out of the team

Later we go Dey shout racism

But honestly do you rate Okoye above Uzoho?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
rohr needs to go ASAP cus he has nothing more to offer the team tactically
Not at this time IMO. He needs to finish what he has started. Next thing is who we meet in the play offs. Meanwhile when do we get to know the fixtures for the play offs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
codemaniacs:

I don't comment in the politics section....

Nigeria is a multi ethnic country and anyone who considers my comments as "tribal talks" is a disaster waiting to happen especially if that person gets to a position where they have to manage people from different ethnicities...

You opinions has a bias view in it with respect to what this thread stands for

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
I think that we can all come to the conclusion that Igahlo’s services are no longer needed. Let him enjoy his retirement money in Saudi Arabia. He has served us well, but we must move on

Lies!... He was even more dangerous Dan osimhen with his positional play...though wasted his chances...na person wey go dey run upandan una believe say better pass,not taking anything away from osimhen though(he really tried too) what I av noticed is with osimhen and ighalo pairing upfront with good service from d midfield, a lot of chances will b created,it now depends on d two to utilize it

Both strikers movement unsettled deir defence a bit in d first half

Meanwhile he b like say shehu wab get sense pass simon o..baba dey compose pass simon grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
With all this ratings you dash, I guess SE must have had a good game.
I will have to watch the replay.

Melvinity:
Looking at the positives
Okoye: not too convincing, but wasn't troubled all dat much.. 6/10

Collins: Had a wonderful game today. Pulled some lovely crosses that could have lead to goal! 7.5/10

Balogun: strong defensive display, i would rate him 7/10.

Ekong: After his blunder, and some shaky start, he made some nice through long balls from d defense line and some few defensive duties.. I wil rate him 6/10

Chidozie Awe: Ever Rugged, very reliable in his defensive duties. Bullied some of the opposition attackers. 7/10

Ndidi: A little bit quiet during the first half, made some back passes. Then sprung into life the second half, and drove the balls forward, and made lovely passes to his wing players. 7.5/10

Aribo: Aside his shot on target and some fine interplay between him and Iwobi, he was mainly quiet. Ran out of steam at 65mins mark, but had a decent game. 7.5/10

Iwobi: Today was his best since a long time. He was everywhere. Made some crazy passes. Remains the most creative outlet in the team. Made few interceptions, and was solid all round. 8/10

Igalo: Aside his obvious chances missed! He did created a goal scoring opportunity for Aribo, then he had decent game. Just that he is very slow and didn't pose much threat! 6/10

Osimhen: Deservingly man of the match! 5 star performance from the young man. He won almost all his aerial balls, was a thorn in d flesh in the opposition half! Made few big chances. He had 2 great chances that was saved by the goal keeper and one clear chance been intercepted by the opposition defender that could have lead to goal! 10/10

Moses Simeon: Made some fine movement, and one beautiful turn before making a pass. But his down side remains his crosses that will never get to there destination. But he was solid defensively! I will give him 7/10

Nacho: Could have done better after taking down his man, but he wanted to do too much, and lost the ball in the process. I will give him 5/10 in his camo appearance!

Onuchu!
Onyeka!
Shehu: After replacing Simeon, he made some really good runs, and he wasn't afraid to attack, then went into silence afterwards! Could be d instructions from the coach or Shehu being SHEHU! LOLZZZZ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Not at this time IMO. He needs to finish what he has started. Next thing is who we meet in the play offs. Meanwhile when do we get to know the fixtures for the play offs?
December fixture will be made and game in March 2022

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Jesus! Who’s fault? Can u post the clip for all to see?
What do you want the keeper to do when a defender was standing like a statue and player slid behind him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Odunayaw:
Victor James Osimhen

Forget that thing! When the crowd started chanting his name, see as goosebumps cover me

His pace lasan!

This guy will go far.... it's obvious...

Believe it or not, he would do much better with a supporting cast of Chukwueze and Ejuke beside him...rather than him drifting to the flank all the time to hustle for the ball ...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I take time to watch other African teams as well. I left the Nigerian game to watch Algeria for 10 mins. The attack was worse than Nigeria during that duration. Burkina Faso's attack was even better honestly. I've watched African teams to a good extent. The first five teams are largely equal in terms of playing quality. No difference. I watch the qualifiers and wonder what makes you people fear them so much. In fact we create more opportunities than some of them

As for Okereke. I'll just say that the univited is always better than the invited grin
na super eagles be the worst team in the world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Napoleon55:
I haven't seen any super eagles team so insipid as this rohr's team.
Well we got the job done, we have fumbled and wobbled into the play offs. I think our performance was even better in the 1st half, in the 2nd half I don't recall any chances we created or shot on goal as compared to the first half.
That is a serious indictment on Rohrs technical capacity. That said, I think it's too late to fire him now. My own is I have set my expectations low, so if we qualify for the WC i would get over the moon and if we don't, we live to fight another day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Congrats to Osimhen for reaching double digits in International goals. Good news is we are through to the next round of qualifying. Bad news is our coach is Gernot Rohr. Anyway one is certain If He's still our coach come March it would mean we won the AFCON so cheer up guys we would have a new manager by spring tongue
would even be worse, you mean the new coach first 2 games will be the playoffs? Recipe for disaster. Should have fired him after the CAR game and since we didn’t it’s better to leave him till after the playoff/ World Cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

His pace lasan!

Believe it or not, he would do much better with a supporting cast of Chukwueze and Ejuke beside him...rather than him drifting to the flank all the time to hustle for the ball ...
he is the closest thing to the great drogba

Rohr needs to try some players before the playoffs. Awoniyi,Dennis,okereke,lookman should be tried in friendlies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
safarigirl:

Amuneke cannot do worse than Rohr, even if they give him 11 Ahmed Musa's, so, allow me to assume that

Plus oil minus oil, NFF has a history of not paying coaches, so, oil boom has little to nothing to do with our unfortunate position now, there are better coaches out there than Rohr that will not charge more than NFF can afford, the problem is not the funds, the problem is whether NFF will pay it or just steal it.

You cannot convince me that the price of oil is the reason we are stuck with a Rohr.

u're right.. because employing Rohr was and is expensive and sacking him will also be expensive unlike if the coach was Nigerian....

and 11 prime Ahmed Musa is a very good team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
codemaniacs:

As long as GMB or his likes remains your president, Rohr is not going anywhere....

You've forgotten the words of A:hmadu B:ello, Its better to give a foreigner ( preferably european ) a job before he would consider an Igbo person ( replace Igbo person with southern Nigerian )...

If Rohr goes, NFF must get an European that's much better than Rohr, but we know that might be impossible..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
nelszx:

What do you want the keeper to do when a defender was standing like a statue and player slid behind him?
bro na wetin I Dey try explain to few here. That goal wasn’t okoye fault at all. Ekong was got ball watching while the player frm behind sneaked in and took a close range shot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
joelsteron:
Person be watching match like a prayer warriors at the same time
Nonsense

grin grin grin chai ma broda, I was shivering all through the 2nd half.
One of my guy come dey ask me if I get cold?
I said No o, na match I dey watch. Na which kan match person go dey watch E come dey get highBP grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

His pace lasan!

Victor osimhen is like rashidi yekini and amokachi put together in one person. He has the work rate of amokachi and the agrresivenes and goal sense of Yekini. Watching this match makes me know why European s are crazy over him. The guy is simply good

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good point on the Naija factor sha.

As regards to Sunday Oliseh, he’s a good coach but a very poor man manager. I don’t wanna see him anywhere near Super Eagles team again, as a coach.

O pari

codemaniacs:

Amuneke will also have to play according to the instructions of the NFF and what part of Nigeria the president is from matters a lot in Nigeria.... Oliseh is also a good coach but he also had to play according to the NFF and that disrupted and disorganized the team coupled with Oliseh's behavior towards the players..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Strugglingman:
na wa

Collins is having a decent game so far
the thing shock me too o shocked

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
And yet Nff still give this man the mandate to win Afcon?? They are seriously joking

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Egbon o ti su mi na! Continually playing your most out of form defender to the detriment of the team. Doing exactly the same thing and expecting a different result smh

Kog45:
I can tell anybody that
Chiedozie Awaziem,Omeruo,Akpoguma and Semi Ajayi are better defender than Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
bengine:

A tired Osimhen is better than Onauchu, Osimhen ran himself to the ground due to Ighalos laziness, that guy is not needed anymore, he is too heavy, can barely move...if coach wan say experience, let him be playing in a top league where he would be sharp.

Onauchu is one hell of a slow motion player...he can't really fit the patterns we are playing...you need to hussle has a forward based on the way Rohr plays..

Onuachu should never have come in for Osimhen... He shoul have started with Osimhen instead of Ighalo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
codemaniacs:

As long as GMB or his likes remains your president, Rohr is not going anywhere....

You've forgotten the words of A:hmadu B:ello, Its better to give a foreigner ( preferably european ) a job before he would consider an Igbo person ( replace Igbo person with southern Nigerian )...

If Rohr goes, NFF must get an European that's much better than Rohr, but we know that might be impossible..
I have 500k now that I'm not using I'm willing to bet it with any body that is ready to wager.
This person is an igbo person. I'm also Igbo mind you.

Since nnamdi cownu became a thing many Igbo people lost brain cells. Now any stupid comment in the Nigerian internet space is probably from an igbo person.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

The main priority now is winning the nations cup
Keshi’s team didn’t start well in 2013 but they won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good point. They know that Rohr is desperate to hold onto the job, that’s why they stuck with him … someone they can push around and tell which players to invite or not invite.

O pari

safarigirl:

NFF cannot owe Amuneke, they know it.

Nobody in their right senses and with respect for their career, will take the Nigerian coaching job right now. Not while the current administration remains
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
seankafor:
okay, you expect cape Verde to be a walk over?
Since say na Eko Bridge dem come watch..

Cape Verde wey commot Egypt last year na em you dey whine

Shaa we move..happy for thr super eagles although I was jittery and cold throughout the match especially during their set pieces
Stop playing the devils advocate,
It's visible even to d blind that rohr can't fly d eagles any higher.

From now on is downward spiral,
so stop defending the indefensible.

I hadly criticise but rohr's ineptitude has gotten out hand,n has forced my hands.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Leave those Egyptians and co to tell of their coaches are clueless or not and stop comparing the situation ,and have you watch their games to tell how their teams use to play ?

So rhor should remain as the super eagles coach for how long since he is not clueless and doing a good job ?

I like being realistic and have nothing for or against Rohr. I just want to correct the high level of cluelessness here.

The level of result we're demanding from Rohr, can our team's quality match it?

Using other top African teams as a yardstick are we really underperforming?

You can't expect to Nigeria to have a smooth and clinical gameplay like Man City when we don't have the quality to match.

Don't be surprised if Rohr gets a bigger African team if sacked. Algeria were ready to employ him after world cup if he had been sacked.

Rohr has been given realistic objectives by the NFF. Win AFCON and qualify for World cup. So far he hasn't fumbled. So what's the fuss about sacking him because we drew Cape Verde.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
*Phew*

That’s a big relief. Thanks for the information, my dear!

O pari

chrisooblog:
Tbaba moniker posted a few days back. I would advise you ignore unless someone else says something concrete.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Well we got the job done, we have fumbled and wobbled into the play offs. I think our performance was even better in the 1st half, in the 2nd half I don't recall any chances we created or shot on goal as compared to the first half.
That is a serious indictment on Rohrs technical capacity. That said, I think it's too late to fire him now. My own is I have set my expectations low, so if we qualify for the WC i would get over the moon and if we don't, we live to fight another day.
chances weren’t created because from the start of the 2nd half the opponent pegged us back

If we used chukwueze and ejike on the pitch I bet you the team will hit the opponents on counter and a goal or two will be scored but bring the above duo in the weaken the midfield since rohr already is using two strikers

The best option would have to sub ighalo for chukwueze in other to peg the capo verdians back a bit or hurt them on a counter since they were all out to get the decisive goal they needed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
jihday:
would even be worse, you mean the new coach first 2 games will be the playoffs? Recipe for disaster. Should have fired him after the CAR game and since we didn’t it’s better to leave him till after the playoff/ World Cup

U guys always sound funny as if deres something rohr is offering... Hell no

Everyoda person here can do what he's doing at d moment..so sacking him even a day to world cup begins won't cause any imbalance or tactical disarray. Anytime dey want to sack him is OK by me smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
he is the closest thing to the great drogba

Rohr needs to try some players before the playoffs. Awoniyi,Dennis,okereke,lookman should be tried in friendlies

Lol . which Rohr?

We only have like two weeks to prepare for AFCON.... We will play maybe 2 friendlies...After AFCON,no time for experiment...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
elyte89:

U guys always sound funny as if deres something rohr is offering... Hell no

Everyoda person here can do what he's doing at d moment..so sacking him even a day to world cup begins won't cause any imbalance or tactical disarray. Anytime dey want to sack him is OK by me smiley
we’ve done it 3 times in the past and it never ended well why do it again?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11661) (11662) (11663) (11664) (11665) (11666) (11667) ... (16146) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), elyte89, AndSunGorilla, Philosopher1979 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.