Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,740 members, 7,862,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11940247 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11671) (11672) (11673) (11674) (11675) (11676) (11677) ... (16351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2021
Still on Adepoju Tobi
First meeting was held yesterday night between the NFF Executive Members, Technical Committee & Technical Department.

Opinions divided. �

Some suggested Gernot Rohr sack before the AFCON.

The meeting considered the implication of the decision to sack him, hence divided opinions.

According to the clause in his contract he hasn't defaulted, playing 'Good Football' isn't part of the clause

Clause in his new contract �

- Win the AFCON or get to the final.

- Secure the World Cup ticket in March.

To sack Rohr, NFF will have to pay him off in millions.

The meeting agreed they don't have the money to pay him off including paying some of his outstanding salaries (Which is about four months).

However, NFF are considering options apart from sacking.

The free-hand Rohr has gotten might be cut off.

Questioning, query & venting of his list might be introduced.

Rohr has worked in Nigeria since 2016 having 100% control of his team without any interference.

The discussion will continue with the Executives, looking at the best options considering their financial challenges.

Rohr has to work with the Technical Committee/Department, take suggestions & more.

Listen to advice on how to improve the team.

The NFF won't go back to the old days of forcing ideas on the coach, but they want a system that will checkmate & ensure the performance improves.

According to my source, if they can meet up with the financial implication to pay him off and get a better replacement in the next few days, his contract will be terminated.

Who will replace Rohr?

NFF doesn't have options right now, domestic coaches are not in the conversation.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2021
zuchyblink:
but it is not true. Shaibus record is one world cup and AFCON

Who qualified Nigeria to the 2002 world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Joezinho:

Don't kid yourself. If we go into the playoffs with the way we have been playing, these teams are gonna beat us black and blue..
I think different. Any team that comes out to play us in Africa will have their net shake. Not all this bus parking drivers calling themselves countries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2021
Meanwhile I did a top 5 for Alex Iwobi so far in the Super Eagles. Hoping u guys check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=436Ye2aEgZI

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
minfelix:
Still on Adepoju Tobi
First meeting was held yesterday night between the NFF Executive Members, Technical Committee & Technical Department.

Opinions divided. �

Some suggested Gernot Rohr sack before the AFCON.

The meeting considered the implication of the decision to sack him, hence divided opinions.

According to the clause in his contract he hasn't defaulted, playing 'Good Football' isn't part of the clause

Clause in his new contract �

- Win the AFCON or get to the final.

- Secure the World Cup ticket in March.

To sack Rohr, NFF will have to pay him off in millions.

The meeting agreed they don't have the money to pay him off including paying some of his outstanding salaries (Which is about four months).

However, NFF are considering options apart from sacking.

The free-hand Rohr has gotten might be cut off.

Questioning, query & venting of his list might be introduced.

Rohr has worked in Nigeria since 2016 having 100% control of his team without any interference.

The discussion will continue with the Executives, looking at the best options considering their financial challenges.

Rohr has to work with the Technical Committee/Department, take suggestions & more.

Listen to advice on how to improve the team.

The NFF won't go back to the old days of forcing ideas on the coach, but they want a system that will checkmate & ensure the performance improves.

According to my source, if they can meet up with the financial implication to pay him off and get a better replacement in the next few days, his contract will be terminated.

Who will replace Rohr?

NFF doesn't have options right now, domestic coaches are not in the conversation.

From.dis report,it shows d only option on ground is to sack rohr but d stumbling block to dt decision is d bogus contract dey signed with him

Since its deir mistake and dey want d best for Nigerian football, let dem.look inwards,approach some certain individuals and corporate organization to raise d money and relieve rohr of his job immediately. The best time is now and not after afcon, cool

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
yen yen yen. Which kain playing well cheesy cheesy

And we lost only a game 1-nil. Any difference?

Why don't you criticize the fact that they haven't pumped in goals against small teams, the way we chant for Rohr here?

Egypt beat Gabon ranked far below Cape Verde 2-1with just a penalty and an owngoal from Gabon. If it were Nigeria, all hell will be let loose with all manner of Rohr nonsense.

Cut your cloth according to your size bro.

Why not talk about the fact that Egypt won their group with a 7 point difference? Did they had to fight for a draw in their last game to qualify for a playoff?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
I think different. Any team that comes out to play us in Africa will have their net shake. Not all this bus parking drivers calling themselves countries

cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
Bro capeverde no really pack bus yday..so y deir net no shake?/dey were just clueless like us too,going forward dey also lack ideas,cape Verde plans changed immediately when dey realise our team was clueless going forward,but unfortunately, same thing happened to dem too smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2021
The teams we are afraid to meet are actually the teams that might be easier for us to beat at the playoffs.

Teams you're underrating, will give you the shock of your life. Nigeria tends to do well playing bigger teams compare to minors or those people think pose no threat at all.

Isn't DR congo the same team that beat Nigeria home and away and stopped us from qualifying for the nations cup?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
yen yen yen. Which kain playing well cheesy cheesy

And we lost only a game 1-nil. Any difference?

Why don't you criticize the fact that they haven't pumped in goals against small teams, the way we chant for Rohr here?

Egypt beat Gabon ranked far below Cape Verde 2-1with just a penalty and an owngoal from Gabon. If it were Nigeria, all hell will be let loose with all manner of Rohr nonsense.

Cut your cloth according to your size bro.
grin or is it the radarada Egypt played Angola home and away. Angola that were whipping boys of the group o

In their voice o "Who is Angola compared to a whole Egypt" grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2021
Joezinho:

Why not talk about the fact thay Egypt won their group with a 7 point difference? Did they had to fight for a draw in their last game to qualify for a playoff?

Come and explain why Egypt couldn't beat the whipping boys of their group, Angola.

Livescores punditry as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:55am On Nov 17, 2021
elyte89:

Bro capeverde no really pack bus yday..so y deir net no shake?/dey were just clueless like us too,going forward dey also lack ideas,cape Verde plans changed immediately when dey realise our team was clueless going forward,but unfortunately, same thing happened to dem too smiley
Dem no park bus but we played most of our games in their half sotey dem resort to wayward long balls.

grin Their net no shake? Na nil-nil we play yesterday abi if to say their GK be ekuke we for no de talk like 4-1

Small thing now you go say person be Rohr supporter. Any pundit that see the truth and still want to sugarcoat it is a ogogoro analyst grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Joezinho:

They have been playing well. Egypt didn't lose any game in their group.
Ghana and Congo aren’t good enough I’ve watched them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2021
elyte89:

From.dis report,it shows d only option on ground is to sack rohr but d stumbling block to dt decision is d bogus contract dey signed with him

Since its deir mistake and dey want d best for Nigerian football, let dem.look inwards,approach some certain individuals and corporate organization to raise d money and relieve rohr of his job immediately. The best time is now and not after afcon, cool
Well said, aiteo that’s supposed to pay his salary is also broke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
Come and explain why Egypt couldn't beat the whipping boys of their group, Angola.

Egypt didn't beat Angola?

I guess you are amongst those that listens to okadamen"s punditry on football news stands.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by labas370(f): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2021
I watched the Egy : Gabon match. I watched the Ghanaian-South African match and also the CMR vs CIV match. For me I do prefer we play against Egypt to any of Ghana or CMR.

The CMR that ran riot on CIV yesterday, if they should play against us same way they did yesterday, the result is likely not to be favourable to us.

As for the black stars, they are not playing good but if we are to play against them, they will definitely play their best game that day. This I’m 100% certain. A Ghanaian family friend always tell my hubby that Ghana will even prefer to lose to Sudan, Namibia, Somalia than to lose to Nigeria. Anytime they are playing against Nigeria, they don’t play according to the coach instructions. They only play to prove a point.

And for the Egyptian team, they are the easiest among the North African team to beat. If they have play BF, I’m sure BF would have beaten them. Gabon created goal scoring chances and missed them plus the Egyptian GK saved two or three clear goals.

The Egyptian defence is way easier to break than the Liberian team and ofc, they will like to come out to attack.

One thing I have noticed since the bribe seeking coach was reintegrated is that we have started creating goal scoring chances. This have been lacking which I believe is rohr fault as he seemed clueless on how to solve that but seeing some improvements especially yesterday, I have come to conclusion that instead of sacking rohr, the nff should all means try to strike a deal with amuneke to work together especially for the afcon tournament. The result will be mind blowing.

In this world everything is possible if there will be sincere and genuine discussion/agreement.
NFF can agree with rohr to end his contract after the World Cup and also sign and agree for amuneke to take over only after the world but will have to start working with rohr from now. It will be a win win. Rohr knows that he will have to perform greatly especially during the World Cup in order to land a nice coaching shop. And for amuneke, a nice outing both at the afcon and world will give the players, nff and we the fans the trust that amuneke will need.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Joezinho:

Egypt didn't beat Angola?

I guess you get you are amongst those that listens to okadamen"s punditry on football news stands.
Although I won't fault you for how you interpreted "beat" but see how your veins are showing to show me 1-0

grin grin
So the Almighty Egypt scraped a win at home over group whipping boys, Angola
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
Although I won't fault you for how you interpreted "beat" but see how your veins are showing to show me 1-0

grin grin
So the Almighty Egypt scraped a win at home over group whipping boys, Angola

And the almighty super eagles foolishly lost at home to C.A.R. by the same goal margin. grin. Remind me again C.A.R.'s ranking in FIFA. Wait let me remind you. 1150

Ranked just below Faroe Islands. Imagine Denmark losing to Faroe islands. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2021
labas370:
I watched the Egy : Gabon match. I watched the Ghanaian-South African match and also the CMR vs CIV match. For me I do prefer we play against Egypt to any of Ghana or CMR.

The CMR that ran riot on CIV yesterday, if they should play against us same way they did yesterday, the result is likely not to be favourable to us.

As for the black stars, they are not playing good but if we are to play against them, they will definitely play their best game that day. This I’m 100% certain. A Ghanaian family friend always tell my hubby that Ghana will even prefer to lose to Sudan, Namibia, Somalia than to lose to Nigeria. Anytime they are playing against Nigeria, they don’t play according to the coach instructions. They only play to prove a point.

And for the Egyptian team, they are the easiest among the North African team to beat. If they have play BF, I’m sure BF would have beaten them. Gabon created goal scoring chances and missed them plus the Egyptian GK saved two or three clear goals.

The Egyptian defence is way easier to break than the Liberian team and ofc, they will like to come out to attack.

One thing I have noticed since the bribe seeking coach was reintegrated is that we have started creating goal scoring chances. This have been lacking which I believe is rohr fault as he seemed clueless on how to solve that but seeing some improvements especially yesterday, I have come to conclusion that instead of sacking rohr, the nff should all means try to strike a deal with amuneke to work together especially for the afcon tournament. The result will be mind blowing.

In this world everything is possible if there will be sincere and genuine discussion/agreement.
NFF can agree with rohr to end his contract after the World Cup and also sign and agree for amuneke to take over only after the world but will have to start working with rohr from now. It will be a win win. Rohr knows that he will have to perform greatly especially during the World Cup in order to land a nice coaching shop. And for amuneke, a nice outing both at the afcon and world will give the players, nff and we the fans the trust that amuneke will need.

At the bolded, sense will not kill You grin

I just hope someone can take this to the doorsteps of NFF

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2021
Joezinho:

And the almighty super eagles foolishly lost at home to C.A.R. by the same goal margin. grin. Remind me again their ranking in FIFA. Wait let me remind you. 1150

Ranked just below Faroe Islands. Imagine Denmark losing to Faroe islands. cheesy
grin As you don de out of point now, you don dance about with post

Joezinho:

They have been playing well. Egypt didn't lose any game in their group.
Buhahaha. They have been playing well
mai ruwa analyst grin

The onus is on you to show us they've been better but see as you de stammer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin As you don de out of point now, you don dance about with post

Buhahaha. They have been playing well
mai ruwa analyst grin

The onus is on you to show us they've been better but see as you de stammer

If qualifying with 14 points, 7 more than their second placed opponents isn't enough proof that they played well then sorry i can't help you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:27am On Nov 17, 2021
Rohr on Ighalo:

"he needs the time to find the harmony."

Does that mean the other younger, more vibrant ones don't?

Moffi wouldn't be invited again if he had such a performance on his debut.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2021
zuchyblink:
same with Rohr,he Qualified us in a group that had Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia
But you were trying to downplay Amodu's achievements when its obviously better than Rohr.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:

Is Angola not better than car who where the whipping boys in our group

Can you explain why we lost at home against them ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2021
Tessyy1701:

At the bolded, sense will not kill You grin

I just hope someone can take this to the doorsteps of NFF

I doubt if amuneke will take DT offer cos it will look like rohr will end up taking his credits (wc as an african man won't like DT),we like to take all d glory for ourselves.. Except if it's stated DT he's coming as technical adviser while rohr takes d chief coach role,but we know dt won't go down well too for rohr..as a white man,dey can't work or take instruction from a an African man....so best best, na to find way sack rohr

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2021
labas370:

Egypt is the easiest ,I agree

I don’t really rate Egypt and most people do due to their past glory

Normally Nigeria shouldn’t be scared or any opponent we are likely to face if not for rohr

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Odunayaw:
Dem no park bus but we played most of our games in their half sotey dem resort to wayward long balls.

grin Their net no shake? Na nil-nil we play yesterday abi if to say their GK be ekuke we for no de talk like 4-1

Small thing now you go say person be Rohr supporter. Any pundit that see the truth and still want to sugarcoat it is a ogogoro analyst grin
You saw a different game obviously. We played the game in our own half. The back 3 were passing to themselves most of the time. Once the ball goes into their half its either intercepted or awkwardly passed and they shoot into our half hoping Ekong makes mistake.

If he doesn't, the back 3 continue passing and fiam long ball again into attack from Nigeria......Rinse and repeat like that.

Our flanks were absent

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Rohr on Ighalo:

"he needs the time to find the harmony."

Does that mean the other younger, more vibrant ones don't?

Moffi wouldn't be invited again if he had such a performance on his debut.
Round peg in square hole
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Egypt is the easiest ,I agree

I don’t really rate Egypt and most people do due to their past glory

Normally Nigeria shouldn’t be scared or any opponent we are likely to face if not for rohr
We really aren't scared if only Rohr calls up and plays player on form and not past achievements. Musa, Shehu, Ighalo, Ekong (if he doesn't improve), Moses Simon should all be relegated out of this team.

Our midfield was zero, I dont know what it is they play there

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Play off.
Nigeria chances against the unseeded:

Nigeria vs egypt : 45/55 %
Nigeria vs cameroon : 50/50 %
Nigeria vs ghana :50/50 %
Nigeria vs dr congo 55/45 %
Nigeria vs mali : 60/40 %

No country is easy ,all d countries will b very tough in d play off.

Mali would b our easiest take.
While egypt our toughest opponent.

But my prediction is
Nigeria vs DR congo.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
nelszx:

You saw a different game obviously. We played the game in our own half. The back 3 were passing to themselves most of the time. Once the ball goes into their half its either intercepted or awkwardly passed and they shoot into our half hoping Ekong makes mistake.

If he doesn't, the back 3 continue passing and fiam long ball again into attack from Nigeria......Rinse and repeat like that.

Our flanks were absent

Abi na..the two teams played almost d same style ,if not 4 d fact DT d match was watched with much tension because of what is at stake..it was a very boring match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Napoleon55:
Play off.
Nigeria chances against the unseeded:

Nigeria vs egypt : 45/55 %
Nigeria vs cameroon : 50/50 %
Nigeria vs ghana :50/50 %
Nigeria vs dr congo 55/45 %
Nigeria vs mali : 60/40 %

No country is easy ,all d countries will b very tough in d play off.

Mali would b our easiest take.
While egypt our toughest opponent.

But my prediction is
Nigeria vs DR congo.
Mali would be our toughest opponent. Those guy play more like the Burkinabes. Strong, athletic and defend collectively.

DR Congo is the weakest of the unseeded teams

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11671) (11672) (11673) (11674) (11675) (11676) (11677) ... (16351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon, gatecrash123, daveP(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.