Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,236 members, 7,867,626 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11968643 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11675) (11676) (11677) (11678) (11679) (11680) (11681) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Surebaba01:
To those saying Egypt is our best bet grin

Look at the strength of opponents in those home games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
The was the 3rd round for 2014 world cup qualifiers

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ppogbae:

We got Ethiopia that year lol..

The funny thing is that our FIFA ranking that year isn't much different from this time around...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
Leave Rohr. Let him take the Team to Cameroon, he earned it and should be the one in charge.

Is he gonna reach Final or perhaps win it? Nothing is impossible. He has not breached any of the Clauses, thus he should still be in charge.

If Rohr is sacked now, Eagles gonna look disorganised and may eventually flop at the Tournament.

He may possibly fail at one of the clauses at the Tournament, an opportunity to kick him off before the Playoff.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
HOW TO SACK ROHR

We can give rohr a new role in the team.
We will give him the role of technical adviser, scout and general manager.
That is he will just give his own opinion on how the team should play,
manage the players and keep them from a mutiny and scout players for us.
The coaching, training and tactics will be managed by Salisu Yusuf.
Salisu Yusuf will be the real coach while Rohr will have his role.
He will still collect his salary but he will not coach the team except to ask for advice.
That way Rohr will not really be the coach.
He will also ask as the spokesman for the team
But Salisu Yusuf will coach the team and select players.
They should just give him a new role and appoint a coach for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Chidiebere or Kelechi?
na joke i dey bros. Just to calm down the tension.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Philosopher1979:
HOW TO SACK ROHR

He will still collect his salary but he will not coach the team except to ask for advice.
This fantasy is not gonna happen. Rohr is your coach..deal with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Oasis001:
Leave Rohr. Let him take the Team to Cameroon, he earned it and should be the one in charge.

Is he gonna reach Final or perhaps win it? Nothing is impossible. He has not breached any of the Clauses, thus he should still be in charge.

If Rohr is sacked now, Eagles gonna look disorganised and may eventually flop at the Tournament.

He may possibly fail at one of the clauses at the Tournament, an opportunity to kick him off before the Playoff.

I concur 100%.

Nigeria is broke, NFF is broke, there's no money to pay Rohr his salary arrears, no money to pay him off and certainly no money to get a good foreign coach (Please no one should mention hiring Local coaches).

Buhari, Emefiele and Min Of Finance will chase Sunday Dare and Pinnick away if they come to FEC meeting to ask for $$$ to hire a new coach and pay off Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
humility33:

But Pinnick and co that inserted a $2M in his clause are clueless sha. Why should any sane person insert such condition on rohr exit clause when he is not European A list coach
because if he’s fired without compensation he’ll take NFF to fifa

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ppogbae:
all but Tunisia qualified from pot 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Now I know... when we meet Argentina again.

Icon79:
Big Joe, thanks for confirming. I really hope it pans out. Aribo has the potential to be a top player.

Haha. I am a Messi fan so what do you think

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
you know see the similarity between my fake Rohr quote and this one a day prior?

Icon79:
Gernot Rohr has overstayed his welcome, for real. There was ZERO pressure on Ahmed Musa on that penalty, so it was quite an easy goal to score. I mean, we’ve already technically won the match and Musa’s penalty was the last kick of the game. Gosh, even my grandma would’ve buried that one.

And how can he use cold weather as an excuse when almost all our players reside in Europe? Is Morocco colder than Europe?

O pari

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
lol.. u sef dey keep something for mind eh.. me sef i don even forget
you are forgiven my bro.. Oya get up... grin

ChrisKels:
Lol when I started harping on Rohr's ineptitude and deficiencies way back in late 2017/2018 most of you thought I was just hating on the poor coach. E be like una eyes dun clear now.

Joebie I must apologize for calling you names after our first match at the 2018 world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:00am On Nov 18, 2021
And after he finish work in 2030 give ur sister to am to marry. grin

seankafor:
Omo the thing weak me oo

Thank God say opinions here doesn't go past here,
Why would any person want rohr to go?

They want us to go back to when coaches will be fighting players and when players will be forming mafia and gangs?

Thy want us to he bringing back our calculators

Omo rohr till 2030 for me oo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 12:10am On Nov 18, 2021
jihday:
all but Tunisia qualified from pot 1

Did anyone else notice that all the 10 teams that qualified in this year's world cup qualifiers were the top seeded teams in their groups? No surprises or shocks, all the seeded teams qualified, albeit with some difficulty and possibly match fixing (DR Congo, Ghana etc).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 12:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Football is not all about winning games or playing for a result.

If you play good football, the results will come undoubtedly. Seek ye first good football, and all other things shall be added unto you.

You can only go so far playing for results, one day you will get unlucky or you will meet a good team that plays good football and they will flog you mercilessly. That is the problem we have with Rohr. His team lacks vibes, lacks energy. Our players don't play like this is international football, we play like it is club football where win or lose, you still get paid. Only Osimhen, Awaziem, Balogun (sometimes), and maybe Iwobi (based on his poor club form in contrast to his stellar country form) play like they are really representing their country. The rest put in half-hearted performances as if fearing injury. There is no competitiveness in the team, everyone knows who will start and so no one is really willing to fight for a place.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:45am On Nov 18, 2021
jihday:
because if he’s fired without compensation he’ll take NFF to fifa

That amount is too much it is even beyond his 1 year pay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:50am On Nov 18, 2021
signz:

I concur 100%.

Nigeria is broke, NFF is broke, there's no money to pay Rohr his salary arrears, no money to pay him off and certainly no money to get a good foreign coach (Please no one should mention hiring Local coaches).

Buhari, Emefiele and Min Of Finance will chase Sunday Dare and Pinnick away if they come to FEC meeting to ask for $$$ to hire a new coach and pay off Rohr.

Can't the NFF send him on a refresher course or to understudy pep guardiola briefly prior the world cup.... he should be made to understudy the Spanish tactician so as to up his game

The nff technical committee need to start putting pressure on him and questioning his style of play by so doing he will understand that it is not business as usual

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:
HOW TO SACK ROHR

Salisu a man that was caught red handed on camera requesting for $1000 bribe. I am not God and I believe in forgiving people. But, salisu coaching Nigeria will be bad for the image of super eagles because as soon as an unknown name is invited, everyone will accuse salisu of bribe. So far, rohr has met his target and we must wait until ANC to make a decision. If he doesn’t reach the finals or win the ANC, he is likely to be terminated

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:10am On Nov 18, 2021
This is the formation I want to see Rohr use

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:55am On Nov 18, 2021
Samueltemi337:

Ekong again when we have Awaziem..I don't buy idea of having Ndidi and Onyeka starting together but good line up especially Ebuehi and Aina.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:59am On Nov 18, 2021
Joezinho:

Don't mind them. Let them wail till Jesus tarries. It's easier to see a bottle of water in hell than to see a Nigerian coach that isn't full of shiit...

The same Amuneke they are advocating for did worse.
Oh you forgot that Rohr was even happy having $1k bribery Salisu Yusuf as an assistant...pls free Amuneke my man.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 4:01am On Nov 18, 2021
Samueltemi337:

No Troost-Ekong please. The guy is up there with the late Romanus Orjinta as the worst defender to dorn the green-white-green.

Chidozie Awaziem for Troost-Ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:20am On Nov 18, 2021
semid4lyfe:

No Troost-Ekong please. The guy is up there with the late Romanus Orjinta as the worst defender to dorn the green-white-green.

Haba that’s not remotely true, Ekong isn’t as bad as Furo or Isaac Okonkwo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:44am On Nov 18, 2021
Kog45:
Ekong again when we have Awaziem..I don't buy idea of having Ndidi and Onyeka starting together but good line up especially Ebuehi and Aina.

I will rather awaziem than ekong or balogun. Oboabona was benching yobo in 2013 despite playing at a local league in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:45am On Nov 18, 2021
jihday:
Haba that’s not remotely true, Ekong isn’t as bad as Furo or Isaac Okonkwo

He was good initially but if he continues this way, he will end up like them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:09am On Nov 18, 2021
Rohr wants us to give Ighalo time to adapt but he didn’t give Dennis, Moffi, Awoniyi or Dessers time to adapt.

SMH

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:13am On Nov 18, 2021
ChrisKels:
Mali would pick this lethargic eagles apart with ease. They have a far better midfield, and their defense is equally good. Mali has about the best midfield combination is Africa right now, and they easily create chances for the bull - Moussa Marega, Kalifa and of course Koita to set their opponents ablaze

Incredible: Mali won group E without conceding a single goal.

-6-Matches
-5-wins
-0-Loss
-1-Draw
-11-Goals scored
-0-Goal conceded

But but but Nigeria will defeat Mali after suffering defeats at home in the hands of CAR and playing boring draws against Cape Verde. Well, I hope with meet Mali grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:17am On Nov 18, 2021
drDoom3:
Rohr wants us to give Ighalo time to adapt but he didn’t give Dennis, Moffi, Awoniyi or Dessers time to adapt.

SMH
Nigeria's strike force

Osimhen, Sadiq, Ihenacho, Onuachu, Awoniyi, Moffi, Olayinka, Dessers, Dennis, okereke and maybe ejuke , chukwueze but I feel ejuke, dennis and chukwueze can play as wide midfielders..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2021
semid4lyfe:

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2021
ChrisKels:

Incredible: Mali won group E without conceding a single goal.

-6-Matches
-5-wins
-0-Loss
-1-Draw
-11-Goals scored
-0-Goal conceded

But but but Nigeria will defeat Mali after suffering defeats at home in the hands of CAR and playing boring draws against Cape Verde. Well, I hope with meet Mali grin

Me want Nigeria not to qualify for this world cup

At least anything that would make them sack rohr is welcome by me.

Either we loose the play offs or we exit the afcon at the quarter final stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2021
signz:

I concur 100%.

Last coach to win the nations cup was Keshi
What’s wrong with local coaches

(1) (2) (3) ... (11675) (11676) (11677) (11678) (11679) (11680) (11681) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), mank1234(m), Datakey, Christology(m), elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.