Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,897 members, 7,863,085 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944559 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11794) (11795) (11796) (11797) (11798) (11799) (11800) ... (16355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
maidaboi:
They Attack me when I said Dennis is better than Danjuma
His Epl numbers are enough Conclusion on his quality for a first timer. Second just behind redhot Mo Salah.

Like i said, Odemwingie vibes(in WBA colors)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ekong Dey fuckup wella

But his decision making was never poor today sha

That's because he didn't make a mistake of the magnitude he did the last time.

Decision making is in the small things. When to put the leg in for a tackle. Who to mark and where to be positioned in a counter. Who to pass to and when to start an attack.

Sometimes, these mistakes are fatal as in the last game. However, if your teammates are good enough to cover for you or if your opposition is not good enough, those mistakes won't show as often. It does not mean that you are not making these poor decisions though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
maidaboi:
They Attack me when I said Dennis is better than Danjuma

They attacked you ,who exactly ?

Those 2 players aren’t rated here apart from few sincere people who rate them

Danjuma is doing well at Laliga and so do Dennis at the epl

When was the Dennis and Danjuma arguement my guy ?

I rated Danjuma than all our wingers and I don’t remember Dennis being part of rohr squad

I Dey sure nobody don rate Dennis pass anyone here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Fabyom say rohr don call back ighalo nah

I like ighalo so much but he is not needed

.... Ighalo and VicMo are reportedly in the provisional List, but to be candid I do not want either of the two in the final List.

They've done their parts, they should let the Boys do their Parts as well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:24am On Dec 02, 2021
Oasis001:

.... Ighalo and VicMo are reportedly in the provisional List, but to be candid I do not want either of the two in the final List.

They've done their parts, they should let the Boys do their Parts as well.

Sorry I meant Moses and not ighalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:29am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Shut up your mouth

Ekong was decent today

You cap too much

We all insulted ekong last week for sure

Be truthful ok

Why art thou annoyed andrew? grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Shut up your mouth

Ekong was decent today

You cap too much

We all insulted ekong last week for sure

Be truthful ok

This one still dey cry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:31am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:
I don’t think Napoli Can win seria A

But let me keep on observing

Very yeye team

I know right

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:31am On Dec 02, 2021
darkelf:

I knock im bald head this evening grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:33am On Dec 02, 2021
Clint02:
Last last na Watford go sign am o.

If Watford stays in the premier league yes, they don't have a playmaker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:35am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Mikel succeed zidane grin

They have started again

Kai, this thread doesn't disappoint

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:41am On Dec 02, 2021
Subzero047:

This one still dey cry grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:42am On Dec 02, 2021
darkelf:

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by easyelliot(m): 1:32am On Dec 02, 2021
Rohr will see Dennis and he will still pick part time players ahead of him. NFF need to hurry up and fire him, no excuse for not featuring a physical in form no. 9

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 3:01am On Dec 02, 2021
zuchyblink:
Ighalo is Saudi league top scorer and he is experienced
hahaha Saudi Top scorer prefers to Denis and David playing in EPL and Seria A? Only in Nigeria such thing will happen. Where coach select players based on sentiment and favoritism. What experience? We saw his experience against Cape Verde lol �

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 3:02am On Dec 02, 2021
easyelliot:
Rohr will see Dennis and he will still pick part time players ahead of him. NFF needs to hurry up and fire him, no excuse for not featuring a physical in form no. 9
well said, he must be fired. Otherwise, good players will be ignored, and farmers in Saudi will be selected

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:41am On Dec 02, 2021
daveP:
Person wey if he dey under Pep, Pep go frustrate am taya, especially with benching if he showboats too often. Lol.

Guy has potential sha.

Personally, i desire an SE player, back in the UCL, raking up good numbers and camera attention, just like Haller.

Seem the Ivoriens have made themselves UCL magnets over a decade now with individual performance.
The #factos i put there should tell you I was joking. . grin

But you made valid points. But i think with Pep, be would be more direct. Sterling was not this good at liverpool .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:10am On Dec 02, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

I never said the terms white or black are racist words. In fact, if a white man calls me "negro" not "nigger" I'm taking no offense, because that's what I am. A negro.

Context is the key here.

Joe said no matter the qualification he will never accept a white coach. That is purely racist.

Let's flip the narrative for example.

If Pep Guardiola tells the media that he will never sign a BLACK player for whatever reason other than health concerns, that's purely racist.

But if Guardiola says he will never sign AFRICANS there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why? In the first instance he focused mainly on skin colour, which is pure racism.

But in the second instance he focused only on a background or culture, which is opinionated.

So in the second case, even light-skinned Africans like Salah or Ziyech will not be considered by Guardiola.

But dark-skinned non-Africans like Rashford, Lukaku, Sala, Kante do not apply. There's no racism in that.

In the case of Joe, he said grassroot football is very important so he doesn't want white coaches. That is racism, because he focuses just on skin colour to draw his selection.

What he should have said was foreigners as that focuses on background and culture, not skin colour.

This is were I had to correct him.

If a whyte man calls a melanin person a "nigger" or "negro" that melanin person needs to be on guard because that whyte person is a potential whyte terrorist.. whyte people who use those terms are similar to muslims who refer to non-muslims as "inf:idels" and attack non-muslims without any form of provocation just seeing a non-muslim provokes them... so whyte people who use such words will start provoking when they see an African...

Unless you're intentionally beating around bush, the point TheGoodJoe is making is that the whyte person will not be as passionate in improving the players the same way a Nigerian would improve them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:20am On Dec 02, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

This scenario you played out is actually white supremacy.

So if I understand you: you feel the white coaches will feel too good to follow grassroot football, but the blacks will be able to?

Right?

And to add there's nothing unique about German bosses leaving Nigerians to do hard labour, or about never seeing whites doing menial jobs in Nigeria. They are a minority.

this is your problem... you're trying your best to degrade, downgrade and water-down thegoodjoe responses..

even if there was a huge population of whyte people in Nigeria, menial jobs and other services should exclusively reserved for Nigerians only...

thegoodjoe said "The Germans come with truck, see how things are going, shout and zoom off.", he meant they do not stay with the Nigerian workers and improve and correct what the Nigerian workers are doing its the Nigerian engineers that stay and correct the Nigerian workers..

thegoodjoe did not write anything about the oyibos doing hard labour or menial jobs, you're the one that added it just to downgrade his comments as if nairaland awards gifts for downgrading and degrading other NL users comments or someone pays you to degrade comments of other NL users when it doesn't fit your narative...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:23am On Dec 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Thanks brother.

Nigeria vs Algeria. A freekick down the middle from about 25 yards. It was really close to making it but the quality of the footage and the fact there was a slight deflection made it my number 6. I would have loved to make it a top 10 but I couldn't find a couple of his goals.
I agree with u a 100%,days of NTA only without super sports. E don tay since dem swear for nta.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:27am On Dec 02, 2021
daveP:
Something I'm noticing from smaller EPL teams when playing EPL's big 3.

They cross and cross and cross enough to reduce the big 3 Fullbacks from joining attack.

TAA speed to run back for timely clearance vs Everton was needed.

Chelsea too were overwhelmed with crosses tonight. Just end product lacking.

long balls, give it to the coach who knows how to contain big guns, Jose Mourinho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 6:45am On Dec 02, 2021
DENNIS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 6:48am On Dec 02, 2021
Dennis goal against Chelsea was very intelligent. He seems to have a very good football IQ and he’s a big game player as well.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmobi(m): 7:37am On Dec 02, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

I never said the terms white or black are racist words. In fact, if a white man calls me "negro" not "nigger" I'm taking no offense, because that's what I am. A negro.

Context is the key here.

Joe said no matter the qualification he will never accept a white coach. That is purely racist.

Let's flip the narrative for example.

If Pep Guardiola tells the media that he will never sign a BLACK player for whatever reason other than health concerns, that's purely racist.

But if Guardiola says he will never sign AFRICANS there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why? In the first instance he focused mainly on skin colour, which is pure racism.

But in the second instance he focused only on a background or culture, which is opinionated.

So in the second case, even light-skinned Africans like Salah or Ziyech will not be considered by Guardiola.

But dark-skinned non-Africans like Rashford, Lukaku, Sala, Kante do not apply. There's no racism in that.

In the case of Joe, he said grassroot football is very important so he doesn't want white coaches. That is racism, because he focuses just on skin colour to draw his selection.

What he should have said was foreigners as that focuses on background and culture, not skin colour.

This is were I had to correct him.
I don't think it's racial to say such
I believe what was intended to say, is nigeria has had their own fair share of white or foreign coaches. It's high time we switch preference to our very own.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2021
On Sadiq Umar, na 40 man provisional list na, not 23.
I wonder which strikers you are referring to that will not be on this list.

komekn:

We are talking the SE Senior national team.

It's not a place unproven youth players like Destiny and l can't see how you can you invite Sadiq when there is a plethora of players who are well ahead of him.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:30am On Dec 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You are right ,but where was this your energy when people downplayed simmy 20 seria A goals here ?

Make we just leave matter

And nobody is setting Nigerian players doing well against each other ,all opinion ends here so calm down and stop taking things too serious

So,after Simmy's 20 goals in Serie A last season, where did he end up?
How is he performing this season?

And where did you keep the same energy you used to hype him last season? Abi you are a fair weather fan?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2021
mostob:
The #factos i put there should tell you I was joking. . grin

But you made valid points. But i think with Pep, be would be more direct. Sterling was not this good at liverpool .

I got the joke actually. Pep will probably make him calmer and a predator, something in the mould of Mahrez or even better. But he gats have twice the patience of Nacho or e no go possible.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On Dec 02, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

What of a black European, my man?

Do you think Patrick Kluivert, Seedorf or Vieira will be as passionate as let say Coach Sylvanus Okpala to push for grassroots football development?

There lies your answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfem2: 8:35am On Dec 02, 2021
I thought by now the inept Gernot Rohr would have been shown the door. The NFF by retaining this expired coach is ruining our chances of qualifying for the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:37am On Dec 02, 2021
For real, Gerard impressed me yesterday and he is straight in my list of top 10 coaches. My favorite to take over from Klopp when he leaves.

That was insane intensity. Kept Pep under pressure all through. Impressed and will watch more of his Aston Villa games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfem2: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2021
If I am the Eagles coach, the following players will bid their farewell from the team
Ekong
Omeruo
Shehu
Collins
Iwobi
Simon
Musa
Iheanacho
The aforementioned have nothing to offer the team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:38am On Dec 02, 2021
samtol4:
hahaha Saudi Top scorer prefers to Denis and David playing in EPL and Seria A? Only in Nigeria such thing will happen. Where coach select players based on sentiment and favoritism. What experience? We saw his experience against Cape Verde lol �

This is one of the things thegoodjoe is hammering on...
If Rohr was a local coach making this kind of dubious team selection,he would have been easily accused of collected bribes...
Not many countries can boost of having performing strikers in Europe top 5 leagues (Osimhen and Okereke in Serie A, Dennis and Iheanacho in EPL and Awoniyi in Budesliga)...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11794) (11795) (11796) (11797) (11798) (11799) (11800) ... (16355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, joxxy01(m), do4luv14(m), Stillwater10 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.