Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,363 members, 7,864,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11954397 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) (11841) (11842) ... (16371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
grin

Pinnick is disaster yet we've not failed to qualify for World Cup since he assumes Office.

Your U17, U20, Olympic both Male and Female performed credibly well.

Bravo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
Before Pinnick, foreign Born never wanted to be associated with us.

Before Pinnick, Players were used to reporting late to Camp or completely shun or reject Invitations.

Before Pinnick, we were losing our pedigree at international stage and so unsettled domestically with football Administration.

NFF barely had a say in even African Football Administration before Pinnick. We always wailed of being cheated by Issa Hayatou led CAF Executives.

Pinnick came on board, championed a Cause to send Hayatou to retirement and was successful.

Pinnick builds mutual, healthy understandings between NFF and FIFA and he has become a real force to reckon with in African Football.

Pinnick repackaged Super Eagles, boost the NFF's income and makes our Jersey internationally appealing for football Lovers.

Super Eagles become a bigger Brand under Pinnick and Players are getting Endorsements, benefiting massively from it.

We should look beyond Sentiments and appreciate him. He has done his part and ain't sure he's eligible to contest for 3rd Term.

Facts only.

Despite a few shortcomings such a deciding on where our home games are played and late payments to coaching staff Pinnick has been good.

The influence of the NFF in CAF has certainly grown in his time. He just needs to replace Rohr with a real upgrade and get the team settled in a certain location for home games and he'll be a 9/10.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Most presses in the UCL this season.
1. RB Salzburg
2. RB Leipzig

Ragnick right now...

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
nelszx:
Seems from all indications, the NFF wants Rohr to continue and he'll lead the team to AFCON. Its worrisome that the NFF can't sack a coach who is underperforming really really worrisome.

Na look we dey look now, it's not only Rohr that will go after the disaster class about to happen in Cameroon. I wish the team well but I'm not expecting anything from them with Rohr in charge

They want to cash out from AFCON and if he eventually wins, they want to continue till World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
Former Super Eagles Star Taiye Taiwo Completes Stunning Move to Surprise European Side, Makes Statement
legit.ng
Taiye Taiwo has joined Finland's third division side Salon Palloilijat and the Nigerian says he wants to help the club
The Nigerian left back played 54 games for the Super Eagles netting eight goals before hanging his international boots
Taiwo started his professional career at Gabros in 2003 before moving to Lobi Stars from where he moved to Europe
Former Super Eagles defender Taiye Taiwo has completed a move to Finland's third division side Salon Palloilijat with the 36-year-old explaining that he joined the side because he still have lots to offer on the pitch.

Years back, the former AC Milan left back was one of the best defenders in the world considering his attacking styles, shot and also high-level goal sense.

Taiye Taiwo then used to play with all his energy and he succeeded in France while playing for Olympique de Marseille where he scored 17 goals as a defender.

Former Super Eagles star Taiye Taiwo
Former Super Eagles star Taiye Taiwo in action. Photo : David Winter Source: Getty Images
At the age of 36, many football fans in Nigeria and many parts of the world were expecting Taiye Taiwo to announce his retirement from football or make a return to the Nigerian League, but he decided to carry on in Europe.

PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!

According to the report on GOAL and BBC, Taiye Taiwo explained that he joined the third division club in Finland so as to help the young players there to grow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Let me know when you talk of football development. Bringing foreign-born is not football development. It is benefitting from the works of others. I want to hear about the development Pinnick brought to our football. Not branding and begging Tammy Abraham.

grin

My dear Uncle Joe. Do you believe Development is built on Continuity? You can't achieve development without Continuity and that's what Pinnick has brought on board.

Iheanacho, Chuks, Oshimhen, Ndidi and co are Products of our football development, and thanks to Pinnick's Continuity Policy, they are making it big at world stage.

Bulks of Super Eagles Players, aside from foreign Borns are products of U17 and U20 respectively.

Remind me how many late Tella U17 (2007) Products made late Keshi AFCON List under your Maigari?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tessyy1701:

Your U17, U20, Olympic both Male and Female performed credibly well.

Bravo

2014..... U20 Women World Cup Runner Up.
2015.... U17 World Cup Winner.
2015.... U20 AFCON Winner.
2016 ..... Rio Olympics bronze Medalist.
2018 .... U20 WAFU Cup silver Medalist.
2019 ..... AFCON bronze Medalist.

Current Champions of Women AFCON.

Facto.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
CODMOK:

Berti Vogt nko?

He came in with a better CV... Somehow,it didn't click for him... But he was definitely a decent coach...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

They can keep quoting my posts on Pinnick, I've got no Response for anyone, except goodjoe.

Pinnick assumed office in 2014 actually and the Tourney was played in 2015, thus it's under Pinnick Administration.

Did we win the Tournament? Of course yes.
. Bro the success of 2015 U-17 world cup winning team is the hard labour of the past NFF administration not pinnick administration
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

LMFAO..... grin grin

The Competition was played in October to November,. In Chile Winter is from June to August, while spring weather is from September to November.

Why would they need Winter Clothes?!

Take it easy na. You just Dey catch thegoodjoe for corner. It’s not good oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
ABIODUN105:
. Bro the success of 2015 U-17 world cup winning team is the hard labour of the past NFF administration not pinnick administration

grin

Same way current success of Railway Projects across the Country is hard labour of GEJ and not PMB Administration.

No be Naija we dey again?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Same way current success of Railway Projects across the Country is hard labour of GEJ and not PMB Administration.

No be Naija we dey again?!
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
forgiveness:

Take it easy na. You just Dey catch thegoodjoe for corner. It’s not good oooo. grin

grin

I ain't Pinnick Fan. My posts against him are on this Thread, but I won't spread Propaganda simply to gain few likes and supports against him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Thanks and God bless you.

grin

Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

I ain't Pinnick Fan. My posts against him are on this Thread, but I won't spread Propaganda simply to gain few likes and supports against him.

Well, nothing concern me with Pinnick. I have never really rated him.

However, the way you take debunk that Amunike’s lie caught my attention. grin

Em no know say person fit check seasons through net. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

I commend you for the Long ride of unending argument with mr Joe smileymore strength because it hasn't ended yet wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

LMFAO..... grin grin

The Competition was played in October to November,. In Chile Winter is from June to August, while spring weather is from September to November.

Why would they need Winter Clothes?!

Cold weather. It must not be snowing for the weather to be cold. You are pressing Google and arguing with people that were onground.

Is that not hilarious?

Did you see NFF argue about it?

Someone is telling you the first thing they did and you are pressing Google. Is that not a joke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

My dear Uncle Joe. Do you believe Development is built on Continuity? You can't achieve development without Continuity and that's what Pinnick has brought on board.

Iheanacho, Chuks, Oshimhen, Ndidi and co are Products of our football development, and thanks to Pinnick's Continuity Policy, they are making it big at world stage.

Bulks of Super Eagles Players, aside from foreign Borns are products of U17 and U20 respectively.

Remind me how many late Tella U17 (2007) Products made late Keshi AFCON List under your Maigari?!

Just say you started following football recently. Some of John Obuh's boys made it to the super Eagles. By the way, it was Maigari that gave Amunike the job for the U17 that birth the likes of Chukwueze and Osimhen.

Pinnick just benefitted for the work put on ground and then destroyed it with time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Why don't you provide the answer?
You are debating a point. Make your point.

you are the one who bring up that report, hence me asking you,
but since you are tryna shift it, no need on it from you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Just reading on Ralf Ragnick the new Manchester United manager and reading somethings about his influence on German football. I summarized Rhor is not German and that he should ask his father where he is really from.

His ideas is so different from the modern German coaching philosophy.

Ralf Ragnick refused to coach AC Milan because they signed Ibrahimovic. He felt Ibrahimovic was too old for the pressing game.

Here Rhor is doing the opposite.
Comparing National team football to Club footy is like night and day! With his philosophy how many trophies has he won. How many trophies has Germany National team or club won in recent times? You too dey overhype all these average coaches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
forgiveness:

You are just being funny. Someone is talking about something he knows nothing about. Like he is arguing with Amunike who coached and took care of the welfare of the players. You are here saying catch. What catch. Has he been to Chile. Does he know about the weather.

He is just pressing Google and arguing things he does not know and you are praising him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You are just being funny. Someone is talking about something he knows nothing about. Like he is arguing with Amunike who coached and took care of the welfare of the players. You are here saying catch. What catch. Has he been to Chile. Does he know about the weather.

He is just pressing Google and arguing things he does not know and you are praising him.

Season can’t change overnight na. Probably, Amunike lied. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
fabyom:
Comparing National team football to Club footy is like night and day! With his philosophy how many trophies has he won. How many trophies has Germany National team or club won in recent times? You too dey overhype all these average coaches.

Can you please show me where I hyped Ragnick or you just want to state something.

How does what you are typing relate to my point?

Or Rhor won World Cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
forgiveness:

Season can’t change overnight na. Probably, Amunike lied. grin

Does that make sense to you in any way? Amunike lied in a tournament that had coaches,FIFA committee members. The FIFA president. The local organizing committee. The Nigerian embassy workers. NFF committee members.

Haba, you guys can go off point with your talks.

You think he bought winter wears and did not give the players or what?

Look for a better lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
forgiveness:

Well, nothing concern me with Pinnick. I have never really rated him.

However, the way you take debunk that Amunike’s lie caught my attention. grin

Em no know say person fit check seasons through net. grin

grin

From sewing torn Jersey with hand needle to wearing bathroom slippers to Airport. We no dey fear God for Naija.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

you are the one who bring up that report, hence me asking you,

but since you are tryna shift it, no need on it from you

What are you asking me? Or you are saying you have no point to make.

What point are you trying to make that made you ask the question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Cold weather. It must not be snowing for the weather to be cold. You are pressing Google and arguing with people that were onground.

Is that not hilarious?

Did you see NFF argue about it?

Someone is telling you the first thing they did and you are pressing Google. Is that not a joke?

cheesy

You specifically mentioned 'Winter Clothes' sir. Why would NFF stoop low by responding to that crass Allegation?!

Aside from Punch, provide another reliable source that carried the Gibberish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

They can keep quoting my posts on Pinnick, I've got no Response for anyone, except goodjoe.

Pinnick assumed office in 2014 actually and the Tourney was played in 2015, thus it's under Pinnick Administration.

Did we win the Tournament? Of course yes.

Thank you,

he actually assumed in August abi it's September, and during that time the Glass house was. in shambles, no sponsor, not even kit,

and more importantly no money, and he was fighting the Giwa then, not forgetting, the year in which the competition proper, was an election year,

worst still no enough fund, and bubu taking forever to form his cabinet,

so the report from our blue fonter is dead on arrival,

cos I won't be surprised if that Mohammed was a supporter of Chris Giwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

From sewing torn Jersey with hand needle to wearing bathroom slippers to Airport. We no dey fear God for Naija.

You have debunked nothing. If you feel so, then you and forgiveness are just deceiving yourself.

Media personnel and the coach have painted the picture.

You are yet to bring one article to debunk it.

You are just pressing Google and fanning yourself.

No atom of proof to show.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

You specifically mentioned 'Winter Clothes' sir.

So you think wearing winter clothes is only for snow?

The weather was too cold for Nigerian kids facing that kind of weather for the first time. You must keep them warm.

As I said, argue what you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

What are you asking me? Or you are saying you have no point to make.

What point are you trying to make that made you ask the question?

there are many points in that simple question,

I asked you since you are the one you brings it up,

thank you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

Thank you,

he actually assumed in August abi it's September, and during that time the Glass house was. in shambles, no sponsor, not even kit,

and more importantly no money, and he was fighting the Giwa then, not forgetting, the year in which the competition proper, was an election year,

worst still no enough fund, and bubu taking forever to form his cabinet,

so the report from our blue fonter is dead on arrival,

cos I won't be surprised if that Mohammed was a supporter of Chris Giwa

And Pinnick was still fighting for the Olympics too. Fear God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) (11841) (11842) ... (16371) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mhiztalee(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.