Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,741 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658281 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11868) (11869) (11870) (11871) (11872) (11873) (11874) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol
Haha, but Chris na good worker, im dey wait for 17:59 before he drop dis kain parlour stories.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You of all people wey be say u be poundo master dey call a grown man bad egg for exercising his free and basic human rights!!

Everything get time bro. It isn't wrong to lash, but if you must lash, ensure it is at the right time. This isn't about me, by the way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
safarigirl:
The truth is that there is a clear discipline issue with a lot of these Nigerian players, and it is something that can happen where a young man begins to see large amounts of money early in life.

Not just money, but fame as well. So, they do not even think about the future, they want to bask in the here and now, especially when these things were unavailable to them prior to this new found fame

Now, this is where a strong support system is supposed to come in, to keep them grounded. The support system is supposed to come in form of older people who should know better and teach them to do better

The problem though, is that the support system for a lot of Nigerian players, is equally weak. They are feeding their support system, and when you are feeding people, especially in a country like Nigeria, the likelihood that those people will tell you hard truths is very low, because they will only want to curry favours from you.

I am certain that the like of Kelechi and co are feeding the older adults in their lives, and those ones are so heavily blinded with money that whatever it is they do, they will readily tell them they have done well. In an instance where someone is even bold enough to scold them, it will be light scolding, just so they don't offend their helpers.

Essentially, these three men, and many others like them, from the Nwakalis to the Chukwuezes, are being ruined by the fact that they are from the poverty capital of the world, and inculcation of discipline may be hard for people that are just looking for who will feed them.
True talk.
U really hit the nail on the head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
do4luv14:

we already have one in Amoo, I will rather he developed well before bringing him to the SE

You are calling Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo a player who has played one season in lower level league to come straight to the SE.

It seems like many here you get all emotive about former U17 youth players and think that the attributes of youth football performance can easily be transferred to the senior game.

Quality outstanding and consistent does not hide, if he is that good he will be in a much better league next season.

He plays it seems more as a winger and from watching a few clips , I would not rate him better or even anywhere near as good as any of our existing wingers.

For me it's a non sentimental capital NO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
komekn:

You are calling Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo a player who has played one season in lower level league to come straight to the SE.

It seems like many here you get all emotive about former U17 youth players and think that the attributes of youth football performance can easily be transferred to the senior game.

Quality outstanding and consistent does not hide, if he is that good he will be in a much better league next season.

He plays it seems more as a winger and from watching a few clips , I would not rate him better or even anywhere near as good as any of our existing wingers.

If the choice was between a rookie Amoo who is in Sweden and some player with a 5+ career in the lower level of English football, I'd easily pick Amoo

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
komekn:

point of correction, Mr warri guy turned grammarian,

read the comment I quoted again, it's Oga humble that's calling for his inclusion, not me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
How N5, 000 Payment To A "One-night Lady" Caused Crisis In Super Eagles Under Rohr

The indiscipline in the Super Eagles camp under Gernot Rohr took an ugly dimension after the Franco – German was alleged to have sneaked in a lady of the night into his room for a night of romance, only for him to give the lady N5,000.00 (five thousand naira only) the following morning, which sparked crisis, as the lady vehemently refused the money given to her, reports Totorinews

According to a reliable source, the Franco – German tactician, who was officially sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) on Sunday, could not really assert discipline in the camp of the Super Eagles, as he was fond of sneaking in ladies of different forms and shapes to his room for a night of pleasure, while in the camp of the Super Eagles.

“Any coach that wants to instill discipline in his camp must lead by example. Sadly, Rohr could not do that. He is known for bringing different ladies to his room whenever the Super Eagles were in camp.” the reliable source revealed.

“Whatever he did with them in his room, i don’t know, but I could recall a very shameful drama when the coach gave a lady paltry N5,000 (five thousand naira only) after she spent a night with him.

“It was a very shameful scene at the hotel as the lady refused to collect the money. How I go play with oyibo for a whole night and this yeye oyibo man go give me N5k, for wetin na?, the lady could be heard shouting.

“The matter was resolved as the randy German did the needful to pacify the lady.I still remember when the Eagles camped at Benin in that game that ended 4-4, while i was at the reception of the hotel, I saw Rohr come down to the reception to beckon a lady to follow him upstairs to his room.

“They both entered the elevator and went up. Apparently, the lady was denied access to the camp of the team by the hotel staff, but she mentioned the name of the person she came to see and he (Rohr) eventually came the reception to pick her.This happened at about 10pm.

“A good coach should always show exemplary behaviour to his players, but Rohr was very weak in this regard,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
ChrisKels:
How N5, 000 Payment To A "One-night Lady" Caused Crisis In Super Eagles Under Rohr

The indiscipline in the Super Eagles camp under Gernot Rohr took an ugly dimension after the Franco – German was alleged to have sneaked in a lady of the night into his room for a night of romance, only for him to give the lady N5,000.00 (five thousand naira only) the following morning, which sparked crisis, as the lady vehemently refused the money given to her, reports Totorinews

According to a reliable source, the Franco – German tactician, who was officially sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) on Sunday, could not really assert discipline in the camp of the Super Eagles, as he was fond of sneaking in ladies of different forms and shapes to his room for a night of pleasure, while in the camp of the Super Eagles.

“Any coach that wants to instill discipline in his camp must lead by example. Sadly, Rohr could not do that. He is known for bringing different ladies to his room whenever the Super Eagles were in camp.” the reliable source revealed.

“Whatever he did with them in his room, i don’t know, but I could recall a very shameful drama when the coach gave a lady paltry N5,000 (five thousand naira only) after she spent a night with him.

“It was a very shameful scene at the hotel as the lady refused to collect the money. How I go play with oyibo for a whole night and this yeye oyibo man go give me N5k, for wetin na?, the lady could be heard shouting.

“The matter was resolved as the randy German did the needful to pacify the lady.I still remember when the Eagles camped at Benin in that game that ended 4-4, while i was at the reception of the hotel, I saw Rohr come down to the reception to beckon a lady to follow him upstairs to his room.

“They both entered the elevator and went up. Apparently, the lady was denied access to the camp of the team by the hotel staff, but she mentioned the name of the person she came to see and he (Rohr) eventually came the reception to pick her.This happened at about 10pm.

“A good coach should always show exemplary behaviour to his players, but Rohr was very weak in this regard,” he said.

A story from the Arabian Nights

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
safarigirl:
The truth is that there is a clear discipline issue with a lot of these Nigerian players, and it is something that can happen where a young man begins to see large amounts of money early in life.

Not just money, but fame as well. So, they do not even think about the future, they want to bask in the here and now, especially when these things were unavailable to them prior to this new found fame

Now, this is where a strong support system is supposed to come in, to keep them grounded. The support system is supposed to come in form of older people who should know better and teach them to do better

The problem though, is that the support system for a lot of Nigerian players, is equally weak. They are feeding their support system, and when you are feeding people, especially in a country like Nigeria, the likelihood that those people will tell you hard truths is very low, because they will only want to curry favours from you.

I am certain that the like of Kelechi and co are feeding the older adults in their lives, and those ones are so heavily blinded with money that whatever it is they do, they will readily tell them they have done well. In an instance where someone is even bold enough to scold them, it will be light scolding, just so they don't offend their helpers.

Essentially, these three men, and many others like them, from the Nwakalis to the Chukwuezes, are being ruined by the fact that they are from the poverty capital of the world, and inculcation of discipline may be hard for people that are just looking for who will feed them.

I agree and disagree, but its not so simplistic.

You can be from a very poor family and yet still have strong values standards , uncompromising discipline and be diligent in all that you do.

There is need to understand that the moral and cultural norms and values in the west don't always align themselves with Afrocentric one's.

Having indiscretions with Females is not in my opinion an act of gross indiscipline. We should not use media based sensationalism to make objective and balanced judgements.

One man's minor indiscretion becomes another man's wild near fantasy based orgy.

If most men had just 1/10 of the temptations that these young boys face , from scheming , shameless and manipulative females. Then they would do a lot worse even the so called pastor among them.

I am talking from first hand experience and of things that will never get into the media.

Because you give money to older poorer siblings even your parents. If there is strong family structure with focused leading parents who have integrity, honour and righteousness as uncompromising family values, whether monogamous or polygamous. Cannot in itself lead to misplaced priority and misbehaviour on the part of the football player.

I know of highly indisciplined hooligans , literally never do wells. Who came from the most elite families in Nigeria when l was at university. Sons and daughters of governors, Major Generals and Billionaires some were drunkard's , cultists, rapist's, drug heads.

For instance, not every girl that comes from a poor family that has put herself and body up for sale.

In conclusion, poverty is not the singular Foundation for indiscipline and poor behaviour. IMO

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Napoleon55:

A story from the Arabian Nights

Agreed without question and or any reservation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
ChrisKels:

And we know this is true how?

You know say you go look like mumu if this thing na smoke

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
ChrisKels:

Are you damn serious? I can't believe this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
Danielnino00:

If the choice was between a rookie Amoo who is in Sweden and some player with a 5+ career in the lower level of English football, I'd easily pick Amoo

In that deduction you have failed COMPREHENSIVELY.

Because one of our most outstanding midfielders essentially came from English league one and went straight into the SE and scored on his debut, was simply outstanding and has remained so to date .

That player is Joe Aribo.

Finally, everything with Amoo is speculation he might not go much beyond that level , we simply do not know.

But when and if he does, then his selection will be based on objectivity, consistent outstanding performance in his club. Not sentiment based preference.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Are you deem serious? I can't believe this

It is of no consequence to me, because context is the issue for me.

Every Nigerian national coach I have known has always wanted and even demanded women.

Even in the UK it was something when they arrive to see players , it was almost normal to organise an Escort to entertain him.

I must say Amaju is not like that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
ChrisKels:

This doesn’t sound like Rohr and it clearly looks like a smear campaign created by Rohr nemesis. Why didn’t the sources, said anything during Rohr term
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
Just have to praise the Brilliancy of Manchester City today. This was quite innovative. I don't remember us playing with this formation but he execution was flawless.

I think Pep will ask the guys to tune it low a bit and give Bielsa and his players some breathing space.

Bernado Silva looking like Okocha in his prime in this game. Is it me or did I not notice the Leeds player got injured after Bernado Silva gave him a spin dribble. No wonder Bernado Silva was so concerned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
12large1:

This doesn’t sound like Rohr and it clearly looks like a smear campaign created by Rohr nemesis. Why didn’t the sources, said anything during Rohr term

I agree. Felt the same when I read it. No player will act in such manner, let alone a professional coach who has been coaching since the 90s. I don't believe it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
komekn:

It is of no consequence to me, because context is the issue for me.

Every Nigerian national coach I have known has always wanted and even demanded women.

Even in the UK it was something when they arrive to see players , it was almost normal to organise an Escort to entertain him.

I must say Amaju is not like that.

Na wa. So you saw Thijs Ligbrets, Bonfere Jo, demand women. You know more than FBI.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Just have to praise the Brilliancy of Manchester City today. This was quite innovative. I don't remember us playing with this formation but he execution was flawless.

I think Pep will ask the guys to tune it low a bit and give Bielsa and his players some breathing space.

Bernado Silva looking like Okocha in his prime in this game. Is it me or did I not notice the Leeds player got injured after Bernado Silva gave him a spin dribble. No wonder Bernado Silva was so concerned.

It's Leeds united bro, don't read too much into it.

Even a shitty Man united usually have their best results against them. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
I will like to share a sincere apology on how I went off at the appointment of Eguavoen. Even if it was not the trajectory I expected from the team and felt he has been off the scene to just take it, I think it is not too bad an appointment.

The coming weeks will give us an idea what to expect if we don't get a press conference from him.

As for Salisu, that is a very tough one but we can not deny his technical know how. I feel Rohr's game suffered with the suspension of Salisu. Salisu seemed a key arsenal for Rohr.

As for Yobo, he still remains a National hero and vastly experience. He might have more to offer tactically than it looks.

Dr. Terry. We should hope his knowledge can transcend into tactical reading and inputs for the team.

I think with the explained break down of law and order in the camp by Pinnick, I see why the likes of Kanu and Okocha were recruited.

Pinnick believes with more highly respected names in the camp. Ex-Players that have done it in Europe and for the National team. Those that have seen money, they can get the players to respect the team's management.

So I will throw in my support behind the coaching crew and the NFF to see how the first few week plays put before taking my final stance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
timay:

It's Leeds united bro, don't read too much into it.

Even a shitty Man united usually have their best results against them. grin

It is not about the result but the execution of the game plan. Remember Leeds just gave Chelsea a tough game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
E b like say village ppu dey follow nacho o

Y b say na when afcon dey approach he stops playing games for his club making him inactive ,same thing happened in '19 ,now 22 smiley..I hope dis won't affect his chances sha

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
I am totally disappointed in the players. Rohr was not just the team Coach but the head of the Nigerian National team.

That word Nigerian there shows he heads the team for millions of us.

Disrespecting him in such manner is a disrespect to the Nation and its people.

So now, Amaju Pinnick had to go and get Senior names so these players can learn how to show respect and obey the coach.

This is too disappointing and the players should behave from now on.

I am so ashamed for those involved in raising voices and talking back at Rohr.

NFF should try to keep their names secret to prevent people being too disappointed in particular players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
komekn:

In that deduction you have failed COMPREHENSIVELY.

Because one of our most outstanding defenders essentially came from English league one and went straight into the SE and scored on his debut, was simply outstanding and has remained so to date .

That player is Joe Aribo.

Finally, everything with Amoo is speculation he might not go much beyond that level , we simply do not know.

But when and if he does, then his selection will be based on objectivity, consistent outstanding performance in his club. Not sentiment based preference.

Joe Aribo is a defender?
He made his super eagles debut from the league one?
He has remained outstanding?

You just don't get tired..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
elyte89:

Y b say na when afcon dey approach he stops playing games for his club making him inactive ,same thing happened in '19 ,now 22 smiley..I hope dis won't affect his chances sha
Come add d sex party saga with his club wahala and many options in our attack,I don't think he will make d afcon list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
elyte89:

He will most likely make the squad based on past performance. But don't expect him to start...

It's very clear Rodgers doesn't rate him... He shouldn't have signed that contract extension under no guarantee of more game time...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
grin
do4luv14:

sir the first Happen don happened,

na the second happen, dey happening so,

just wait make hee happened finish, we go know how far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
Carney chukwuemeka with an assist

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
do4luv14:

point of correction, Mr warri guy turned grammarian,

read the comment I quoted again, it's Oga humble that's calling for his inclusion, not me

He knows he can't quote me on that.
All he puts up there is becausehe does not rate the Swedish league and Nigeria home groomed players

Amoo is not bad if he get the last slot for an AM after Iwobi and Aribo get picked..still not sold on Aribo yet as an AM.. we need players who can pass and give defensive split passes from midfield to attack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
Danielnino00:

Joe Aribo is a defender?
He made his super eagles debut from the league one?
He has remained outstanding?

You just don't get tired..
This Guy knows nothing about football and the super eagles

Better we ignore him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I will like to share a sincere apology on how I went off at the appointment of Eguavoen. Even if it was not the trajectory I expected from the team and felt he has been off the scene to just take it, I think it is not too bad an appointment.

The coming weeks will give us an idea what to expect if we don't get a press conference from him.

As for Salisu, that is a very tough one but we can not deny his technical know how. I feel Rohr's game suffered with the suspension of Salisu. Salisu seemed a key arsenal for Rohr.

As for You, he still remains a National hero and vastly experience. He might have more to offer tactically than it looks.

Dr. Terry. We should hope his knowledge can transcend into tactical reading and inputs for the team.

I think with the explained break down of law and order in the camp by Pinnick, I see why the likes of Kanu and Okocha we're recruited.

Pinnick believes with more highly respected names in the camp. Ex-Players that have done it in Europe and for the National team. Those that have seen money, they can get the players to respect the team's management.

So I will throw in my support behind the coaching crew and the NFF to see how the first week plays put before taking my final stance.
Do you think these players send any ex international cos I remember how Mikel indirectly talked Okocha down for coming out to criticize their performance....I remember how Omeruo's wife criticized Okocha openly,so Austin Okocha,Kanu and Garba Lawal should take a caution in the camp and act like a good ambassador to the boys.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kog45:
Do you think these players send any ex international cos I remember how Mikel indirectly talked Okocha down for coming out to criticize their performance....I remember how Omeruo's wife criticized Okocha openly,so Austin Okocha,Kanu and Garba Lawal should take a caution in the camp and act like a good ambassador to the boys.

You made a very valid point but in such level of chaos, what other card can Pinnick play?

These guys can drive respect but if any player does not want to fall in line, the axe should fall hard and ruthlessly. Such player should get dropped indefinitely, no matter the status.

That was the edge Keshi had. He could always pick anyone and get the person to perform. Who born you to insult Keshi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11868) (11869) (11870) (11871) (11872) (11873) (11874) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), mkrest(m), Pidginwhisper, ChrisKels, komekn(m), ouzo1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.