Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,234 members, 7,867,616 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11968612 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11874) (11875) (11876) (11877) (11878) (11879) (11880) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44am On Dec 16, 2021
Let him go visit in 2030. He will be disappointed.
TFLASHOGEE:
Son of the soil wink wink wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidozieaina: 3:30am On Dec 16, 2021

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:06am On Dec 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
What's the point of an Arab Cup? The North African teams just walk all over their Arabian counterparts
It's similar like WAFU or Cecafa, some of the Asian teams were really good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:41am On Dec 16, 2021
IDENNAA:

You don't seem to like insults and abuses, which I find shocking...smh

Insult with English language then you will know Whats up .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2021
chidozieaina:
Nice game by sumu chuks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-B6JRdIH-c

Chukwueze needs to leave Villarreal, like yesterday

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
What's the point of an Arab Cup? The North African teams just walk all over their Arabian counterparts

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are the only Serious ball playing nations in that tournament, the rest are ekuke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2021
minfelix:

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are the only Serious ball playing nations in that tournament, the rest are ekuke

Shey Iran no partake in dis tournament?
Dey are also a strong footballing nation in Asia too...I remembered d team in 2014,dey almost defeated us and it took messi brilliance to defeat dem narrowly cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2021
Why do you like being unfactual? Aribo moving to the SPL meant he had a bigger profile so he would be called up. Rohr and his scouts kept track of all sort of players whether they played in lower league or the elite level. Zaidu Sanusi for years played in the lower echelons of Portuguese football but once he moved to Porto he got a call up. So going by your logic are you saying it was his performance in the lower leagues or with Santa Clara that he earned his invitation?

komekn:

Aribo's call up was well before he joined Rangers,he was already invited and had been in consideration by Rohr and the NFF for over a year.

Rangers had their first game in the 2019/20 season in Scottish premier League on the 4th of August 2019, that's the day the season started. It was also Aribo's first game in the SPL .

Aribo had just played 4 games in the Scottish premier League before he played for the SE on the 10th September 2019. Are you suggesting that after just 4 games he was therefore invited to the SE❓.

You know that's not TRUE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
Why do you like being unfactual? Aribo moving to the SPL meant he had a bigger profile so he would be called up. Rohr and his scouts kept track of all sort of players whether they played in lower league or the elite level. Zaidu Sanusi for years played in the lower echelons of Portuguese football but once he moved to Porto he got a call up. So going by your logic are you saying it was his performance in the lower leagues or with Santa Clara that he earned his invitation?

He is doing all he can to convince us that the lower division of English football where most of his beloved players are playing isn't sh*t

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Without being told I think he is insulting Kwale people which is my tribe

When some of us called this guy a racist / tribalist we weren’t joking

No bro, far from that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2021
ChrisKels:

No bro, far from that
Alright
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

He is doing all he can to convince us that the lower division of English football where most of his beloved players are playing isn't sh*t

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2021
elyte89:

Dey are also a strong footballing nation in Asia too...I remembered d team in 2014,dey almost defeated us and it took messi brilliance to defeat dem narrowly cool

Them show Portugal and Spain pepper for last World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JorgedeToledo: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2021
elyte89:

Iran is Persian in culture and language, it is not an Arab nation. They don't speak or understand Arabic.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2021
chidozieaina:
Nice game by sumu chuks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-B6JRdIH-c

For you to be the thumbnail of an official highlights video despite scoring just once out of seven shows how brilliant you were.

Different player from last season. Finishing is on another level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2021
Mujtahida:

The point of the debate was not obeying camp rules. Napoleon55 made two points but the point that if you sleep with your wife before the game, it would not affect your performance but if you sleep with a person who is not your wife, it will affect your game is what started the debate. And understandably so because nobody contested obeying camp rules but the other point is controversial.

Controversial,i agree with u.
Balderdash,i disagree with komekn.

I was never the original proponent of that theory but i support it.

However i will modify it and put it this way,
If u are either christian or a muslim,and u sleep with a woman who is not your wife/partner a day to a game,it will affect ur performance.

And almost all of our players either profess christianity or muslim,
not atheism or traditionalism.

So i do not encourage it for our players,unlike komekn who encourage it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2021
Where did the crowd noise come from when Algeria scored the first?

Nobody seemed to stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5HbJDQ53vI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Joebie:
Let him go visit in 2030. He will be disappointed.

Oga this your comment no wear panties oooo,

you know it takes a little smoke to Kindle a forest �, and as they usually say, Rome wasn't built in a day

his action will go a long way in complimenting, those already on ground,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

The small boys were sent home for flouting covid protocols and not just for trying to motivate themselves.

This was the core issue, possible exposure to COVID infection and by implication compromising the health of the whole team .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2021
ChrisKels:
If na we write am now, dem go say we dey overhype the boy lol.
Thank God say dey dun sack that fraud masquerading as Super Eagles coach

So the writer is Arsene Wenger, Mourinho, Pep and or Zidane. So we should now take his word as the complete verdict for outstanding performance.

You are being delusional.

The Segunda Division is VERY VERY LOW in quality and the money is a joke. At one stage the entire transfer budget of the Segunda Division was almost on par with Fulham transfer expenditure in the Championship. That should tell you something.

Nwakali is near 24 years old and people are still talking about youth football exploits of 7/8 years ago,that's ludicrous. Nwakali is OVER HYPED by so many here, he failed in the Dutch Eredivisie, failed again in the second by tier Eerste Divisie.

He was so resoundingly astounding , he went to Porto B and couldn't even be a regular. He is now in Huesca and remains in there , WHY ❓ Too good

These are not the attributes of outstanding quality but the opposite.

When he went to Arsenal , Saka, Okonkwo, Folarin, Nelson, Akinola, Emile Smith, were in some cases 12/13 years old . Now look at those players today.

But he couldn't cut, he was simply not good enough. And don't say discrimination and racism Arsenal has more Nigerian players in the reserves than any other team in Europe.

Football is a very short term career and time waits for no one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Napoleon55:

Controversial,i agree with u.
Balderdash,i disagree with komekn.

I was never the original proponent of that theory but i support it.

However i will modify it and put it this way,
If u are either christian or a muslim,and u sleep with a woman who is not your wife/partner a day to a game,it will affect ur performance.

And almost all of our players either profess christianity or muslim,
not atheism or traditionalism.

So i do not encourage it for our players,unlike komekn who encourage it.

Do you really want to get into a theological Christian based contentious discourse with me ❓

I dont do ASSUMPTIVE based deductions based on long historical cultural practice but PRINCIPAL BIBLICAL BASED SUBSTANTIVE DEDUCTIONS.

You simply have no Idea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
komekn:

So the writer is Arsene Wenger, Mourinho, Pep and or Zidane. So we should now take his word as the complete verdict for outstanding performance.

The Segunda Division is VERY VERY LOW in quality and the money is a joke. At one stage the entire transfer budget of the Segunda Division was almost on par with Fulham transfer expenditure in the Championship. That should tell you something.

Nwakali is near 24 years old and people are still talking about youth football exploits of 7/8 years ago,that's ludicrous. Nwakali is OVER HYPED by so many here, he failed in the Dutch Eredivisie, failed again in the second by tier Eerste Divisie.

He was so resoundingly astounding , he went to Porto B and couldn't even be a regular. He is now in Huesca and remains in there , WHY ❓ Too good

When he went to Arsenal , Saka, Okonkwo, Folarin, Nelson, Akinola, Emile Smith, were in some cases 12/13 years old . Now look at those players today.

But he couldn't cut, he was simply not good enough. And don't say discrimination and racism Arsenal has more Nigerian players in the reserves than any other team in Europe.

I feel like you’re being too harsh on him. Yes, he hasn’t fulfilled his potential shown at youth level. But, to dismiss an African player talent simply because he hasn’t made it big is incorrect. There are lots of factors that contribute towards a player excelling at the highest level and that includes discipline, Luck etc…. Talent isn’t the only requirement… the only time, that I was privileged to watch nwakali at senior level for Nigeria was vs Athletico Madrid and he was the best player in that game. Mind you, it was a game that included Thomas partey, fernando torres, correa, borja, juanfran.. yet nwakali was the most valuable player in that game and scored a world class goal… my point is that, we shouldn’t allow the European teams to narrate and dictate our players.. if a player has a history of performing for his country and he isn’t impressing at his club, continue using him.. in the case of Nigeria, we only have iwobi or Aribo to certain extent as a playmaking option and we have nothing to lose if our coach tries out another player at that position.. if nwakali flops, he wouldn’t be invited while if he performs, a solution would had been found

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
Happy birthday to SE strongman Wilfred Ndidi

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
komekn:

[s]So the writer is Arsene Wenger, Mourinho, Pep and or Zidane. So we should now take his word as the complete verdict for outstanding performance.

Football is a very short term career and time waits for no one.[/s]

You are a retardëd filthy IDIOT

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
Can’t wait to see nwakali in the super eagles.

E go shock una cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:

E go shock una cheesy

Same here.

About the shock, it can come in either ways
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
komekn:

spot on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2021
ChrisKels:

You are a retardëd filthy IDIOT
see as plain truth Dey pain u cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2021
charlesemeka85:
see as plain truth Dey pain u cheesy cheesy

Plain truth is calling me "delusional" for making a simple post?

Go look up the meaning of that word so that you don't end up making more stvpid statements. This is not funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Can't honestly argue with Komekn on Nwakali. The boy's only name to fame is that Atletico game which many just don't want to accept was an end of season kick about.

Kelechi can still come good and I have no qualms with him being invited to AFCON camp to fight for a shirt but I won't hype him like he's the second coming of Pirlo/Nedved/Modric rolled into one until I begin to see consistent top level performances.

charlesemeka85:
spot on

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
ChrisKels:

Plain truth is calling me "delusional" for making a simple post?

Go look up the meaning of that word so that you don't end up making more stvpid statements. This is not funny
oh that! Sorry never knew he called u that

Thought u got pissed about him tagging ur boi overhyped cheesy

No vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jargozaza(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
I will really love this but will he walk to the first 11?
charlesemeka85:

E go shock una cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11874) (11875) (11876) (11877) (11878) (11879) (11880) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi, Ginistev, caprikon, Odunayaw(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.