Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11695539 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12045) (12046) (12047) (12048) (12049) (12050) (12051) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

How are you sure his Dessers club will release him now especially cos it's already a late invitation.

Dessers is at a beach now dreaming about Afcon and you are worrying about his club, he will trek here from Holland if he is handed an invitation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:22am On Jan 03, 2022
Eizzy003:

I just da laugh dm, as they talk say make dm replace any striker with Dessers, someone that wasn't listed in the 40 man list, and you just want to call him up for a tournament just like that, even Dennis that actually had an invite but it came late his club didn't accept it.
Let's just forget Dessers we won't be seeing him in this tournament, even as a sub in his club, his club won't let him leave just like that

Oga no club has a right to deny a player of Afcon invitation despite how late the call up is, leave this thing Watford dey talk na because Dennis has already decided that he is not going to Afcon that is why his club is flying this rubbish to defend him, no be Ebuehi and Olayinka una say their call up is not possible no be them arrive so even Liverpool know say they are powerless that's why they released Mane and Salah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2022
Subzero047:

Oga no club has a right to deny a player of Afcon invitation despite how late the call up is, leave this thing Watford dey talk na because Dennis has already decided that he is not going to Afcon that is why his club is flying this rubbish to defend him, no be Ebuehi and Olayinka una say their call up is not possible no be them arrive so even Liverpool know say they are powerless that's why they released Mane and Salah

This is just d plain truth, that Watford really disrespecting afcon big time, mane and Mendy are both on same private jet headed to link up with team mate now, Watford should get lost!, There is no way they will escape that relegation...ndi ala

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2022
minfelix:

This is just d plain truth, that Watford really disrespecting afcon big time, mane and Mendy are both on same private jet headed to link up with team mate now, Watford should get lost!, There is no way they will escape that relegation...ndi ala

Make them tell Mane or Salah that they no go to Afcon because of late call up na grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2022
Amedino99:

I for talk sheu but I just remember he is not in the squad. Na this type of matches him non attacking talents dey useful

Hmmm.

We may have to keep a high line too. A lil of Tuchel's tactics vs Liverpool. Or we go all Brentford on Egypt. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:51am On Jan 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Not a fan of nwakali ,but how do you know he is the lowest paid player at segunda ?

Linus mbappe

I did not say lowest paid player in the Segunda Division but the lowest paid player in Huesca.

Below screenshot is self explanatory ,I correct myself he is the second to last lowest paid player in his club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Havertz is not a striker.

At Leverkusen he was an AM. He can also play false 9/SS. His main aim is not to score, he is not a point man.

It doesn't matter Chelsea play him as a striker and even completely froze Tega Abraham for him and Timo Werner.

Last two seasons in Bundesliga 17 goals in 2018/19 after 34 games ,then in 2019/20 he scored 12.

When you pay £72 million for a player he should do better than your existing player's. But he has been poor in relation to his transfer fee thats a big flop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2022
drDoom3:

Havertz is not a striker.

At Leverkusen he was an AM. He can also play false 9/SS. His main aim is not to score, he is not a point man.

Harvetz already looking like a flop

Komekn should be right on this one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Me I will always say my mind, Chelsea is my club but I will tell you that one player that Chelsea bought without any need for him is Havertz, Chelsea just saw on opportunity to flex muscles since every other club was going through financial crises, they guy is a good player on doubt but the way Chelsea plays, the guy no suit the system at all.
The guy wasn't even Lampard signing, he wants even his choice of player. Board just say make we show other club say we get money, he would have even suited Madrid pattern of play than Chelsea.
Another player wer Chelsea buy wer I no like right from the rumors came out is lukaku forget about his recent comments, I thought we were going for that Florentina striker or Alexander Isak.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2022
Eizzy003:

Me I will always say my mind, Chelsea is my club but I will tell you that one player that Chelsea bought without any need for him is Havertz, Chelsea just saw on opportunity to flex muscles since every other club was going through financial crises, they guy is a good player on doubt but the way Chelsea plays, the guy no suit the system at all.
The guy wasn't even Lampard signing, he wants even his choice of player. Board just say make we show other club say we get money, he would have even suited Madrid pattern of play than Chelsea.
Another player wer Chelsea buy wer I no like right from the rumors came out is lukaku forget about his recent comments, I thought we were going for that Florentina striker or Alexander Isak.

Spot on bro

Harvetz no be Chelsea kind of player at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Kai yes hasn't delivered as expected considering his huge price tag, but he has shown glimpses here and there. You won't get regular call ups from the Mannshaft if you are not quality. Chelsea could cut their losses, but past experiences with KDB and Salah should make them hold on.

andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2022
Amedino99:

I for talk sheu but I just remember he is not in the squad. Na this type of matches him non attacking talents dey useful

Even if Shehu was in the sqaud, he won't be facing Salah because Salah operates from the right wing...that's the left side of our attack...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Emmanuel Amuneke

Qualifications:

UEFA Master’s Degree: Coaching License
UEFA PRO Coaching License
UEFA A: Senior Coaching License Level 3
UEFA B: Coaching License Level 2
First Coaching: License Level 1

Just imagine.
andrewbaba44:

Spot on bro

Harvetz no be Chelsea kind of player at all
TheGoodJoe:
Emmanuel Amuneke

Qualifications:

UEFA Master’s Degree: Coaching License
UEFA PRO Coaching License
UEFA A: Senior Coaching License Level 3
UEFA B: Coaching License Level 2
First Coaching: License Level 1

Just imagine.

Your attention is needed on the nomination committee thread please...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2022
ChrisKels:

You always have this penchant for making idíotic statements to impress the lowlifes who come in here to lick your ass to feel relevant. Who made Nwakali the lowest paid player in Huesca and why?

For a start, Miguel San Roman is the lowest paid player in Huesca not Nwakali but I don't blame you for repeating same fallacy over and over again, after all, there is no better ways to prove your imbecilïty than that?

Secondly, Huesca signed Nwakali when he was more or less an unproven academy player, so you don't expect them offering him millions
. Also, Nwakali hasn't extended his contract since the last one as he plans to run it down to move to a better league and club. Offers are already on the table to improve his contract but he hasn't accepted it.

Now, in the here and now, who amongst these heavily paid flops is better or even as good as Nwakali? Onyedimma, Ejaria, Onomah, Ikpeazu, Aneke etc, and why have they remained in the mediocrity of English football with their enormous talents, efforts and wages? Does it mean that no team or coaches see them? Abi na only you Nairaland English scout dey see them? You are a pìg

You love to clutch at straws shamelessly telling big lies and creating your own narrative birthed from your dark imagination.

I always say in the Here and Now maybe you have forgotten. In addition football is always about the present continuous.

Can you therefore tell me the last time I mentioned Ikpeazu as a SE prospect if EVER, because I haven't.

When was the last time I mentioned Chuks Aneke as a prospect along side Onyedinma, actually 2/3 seasons ago. The same follows for Tega Onomah.

I noticed you did not mention Tomori, Aina , Tega Abraham, Tosin Adarabioyo, Eze ,Olise, Iorfa, that I mentioned in the same time period. WHY

Players form, performances, in the HERE and NOW and the present may go up and or go down. So when a player is not performing we exclude them. We then look for those who are outstanding consistently performing, it's simple, we don't Lower the standard and keep selecting poor performer's, that is mediocrity.

We do not enthrone mediocrity or base our HERE and NOW standard on historical performances at youth level 7 years ago. That's LUDICROUS.

In addition I have a higher expectations level for the SE which means that I just think certain player's have not done enough to be considered. That's why I haven't mentioned someof them for 2/3 seasons.

But in the HERE and NOW considering how low the bar of standards is in the SE . Maybe that approach is flawed and unfair to these Championship players.

Turkish league is rated 18 in Europe and within that range you have Cyprus and Czech league. If the EPL is the best in the World, is it wrong to consider that Championship may be better than those leagues ❓❓

I can assure without an iota of doubt that the Championship is unequivocally better than the Scottish premier League and it's rated number 9 in Europe. Food for thought for those who have an open mind to think.

You allege some one is making "idiotic statements' l have already in a previous post posted his wage level, small error I admit, he is the second to the last lowest paid player in Huesca.

You claim "intelligent statement". with regard to the bold that Nwakali was an unproven academy player.

Let's examine your intended disinformation, In 2016/17 he played 29 games in the Eerste Divisie ( 2nd tier Dutch league) he got a move 2017/18 to the Eredivisie but had to come down back to the Eerste Divisie,in the same season he wasn't good enough in the same 2017/18 season. At end of the season he was so poor he went Porto B in the 2018/19 could not even make the B team proper. Obviously Porto didn't even consider him ,he was obviously too good.

He then goes to Huesca because nobody wanted him and he takes a peanut contract in 2019/20 he played 5 games or thereabouts and they Huesca no found him so well below standard and loaned him to a very lowly Alcorcón fc 2020/21.

He is back to Huesca and he is doing ok it seems but he is not outstanding, just making up the numbers. But they have not upgraded his contract. What does that tell you , maybe he needs the SE to boost his failing career.

So this is your definition of an unproven academy player, CHEI !!! I hail you .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2022
Dakkada vs Remo

Really fine match

Watch for the youngster name Emmanuel Ayaosi and let me know what y'all think. I believe we have another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-M5z0CtLNA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2022
Subzero047:

Dessers is at a beach now dreaming about Afcon and you are worrying about his club, he will trek here from Holland if he is handed an invitation
if we invite that guy he will surely come whether his club like it or not, he’s so eager to play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:50am On Jan 03, 2022
komekn:

You love to clutch at straws shamelessly telling big lies and creating your own narrative birthed from your dark imagination.

I always say in the Here and Now maybe you have forgotten. In addition football is always about the present continuous.

Can you therefore tell me the last time I mentioned Ikpeazu as a SE prospect if EVER, because I haven't.

When was the last time I mentioned Chuks Aneke as a prospect along side Onyedinma, actually 2/3 seasons ago. The same follows for Tega Onomah.

I noticed you did not mention Tomori, Aina , Tega Abraham, Tosin Adarabioyo, Eze ,Olise, Iorfa, that I mentioned in the same time period. WHY

Players form, performances, in the HERE and NOW and the present may go up and or go down. So when a player is not performing we exclude them. We then look for those who are outstanding consistently performing, it's simple, we don't Lower the standard and keep selecting poor performer's, that is mediocrity.

We do not enthrone mediocrity or base our HERE and NOW standard on historical performances at youth level 7 years ago. That's LUDICROUS.

In addition I have a higher expectations level for the SE which means that I just think certain player's have not done enough to be considered. That's why I haven't mentioned someof them for 2/3 seasons.

But in the HERE and NOW considering how low the bar of standards is in the SE . Maybe that approach is flawed and unfair to these Championship players.

Turkish league is rated 18 in Europe and within that range you have Cyprus and Czech league. If the EPL is the best in the World, is it wrong to consider that Championship may be better than those leagues ❓❓

I can assure without an iota of doubt that the Championship is unequivocally better than the Scottish premier League and it's rated number 9 in Europe. Food for thought for those who have an open mind to think.

You allege some one is making "idiotic statements' l have already in a previous post posted his wage level, small error I admit, he is the second to the last lowest paid player in Huesca.

You claim "intelligent statement". with regard to the bold that Nwakali was an unproven academy player.

Let's examine your intended disinformation, In 2016/17 he played 29 games in the Eerste Divisie ( 2nd tier Dutch league) he got a move 2017/18 to the Eredivisie but had to come down back to the Eerste Divisie,in the same season he wasn't good enough in the same 2017/18 season. At end of the season he was so poor he went Porto B in the 2018/19 could not even make the B team proper. Obviously Porto didn't even consider him ,he was obviously too good.

He then goes to Huesca because nobody wanted him and he takes a peanut contract in 2019/20 he played 5 games or thereabouts and they Huesca no found him so well below standard and loaned him to a very lowly Alcorcón fc 2020/21.

He is back to Huesca and he is doing ok it seems but he is not outstanding, just making up the numbers. But they have not upgraded his contract. What does that tell you , maybe he needs the SE to boost his failing career.

So this is your definition of an unproven academy player, CHEI !!! I hail you .

I think I slightly over rated you, because you keep proving to me semantically and grammatically, that you are even worse than I thought, hence you always resort to ambiguity with your usual phantasmagorical juxtaposition of phrases and words in order to mask your semantic inadequacies. Where in my post did you read “Nwakali signed for Huesca because he was an unproven academy player”? What did you think was the function of the phrase “more or less” that preceded the statement you quoted with your pituitary glands stuck in your anal sphincter just because you wanna bury Nwakali out of hatred?

Okay, back to the boys you claimed not to fancy no more, when you were singing their praises, was any of them doing better than Nwakali is doing today?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2022
komekn:

It doesn't matter Chelsea play him as a striker and even completely froze Tega Abraham for him and Timo Werner.

Last two seasons in Bundesliga 17 goals in 2018/19 after 34 games ,then in 2019/20 he scored 12.

When you pay £72 million for a player he should do better than your existing player's. But he has been poor in relation to his transfer fee thats a big flop.
not froze but BENCHED, couldn’t prove himself so he chop bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:54am On Jan 03, 2022
jihday:
if we invite that guy he will surely come whether his club like it or not, he’s so eager to play

What will the club do, anger their important player by denying him a dream call up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:56am On Jan 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
Kai yes hasn't delivered as expected considering his huge price tag, but he has shown glimpses here and there. You won't get regular call ups from the Mannshaft if you are not quality. Chelsea could cut their losses, but past experiences with KDB and Salah should make them hold on.

in terms of player quality they aren’t what they used to be these days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
True but they are still formidable opposition. England had to pull out all the stops to beat them not forgetting some wayward finishing from Muller.

jihday:
in terms of player quality they aren’t what they used to be these days

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
On a serious note, there is no one in the Super Eagles that has the kind of touch of Nwakali. I don't know if he is raising his game because of the call up but that last through pass was brilliant. That was similar to that of Sarabia.

Sad it did not get to his teammate.

His ball control is also cool.

He needs to work on his work rate. Sometimes he strolls a bit too much. Also, he will look far better in a deeper role, playing in a possessive system. Nice one.

Ndidi, Osimhen and Nwakali are the three most important players, followed closely by Ejuke.
These guys are very unique in what they bring.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
True but they are still formidable opposition. England had to pull out all the stops to beat them not forgetting some wayward finishing from Muller.

i believe if they didn’t have Joachim Lowe last year they could have beaten England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

So sweet to watch. Even the way he spins to receive pass. Ooh la la.

Please TheGoodJoe, permission to be using Ooh la la.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
Look well bro...Thegoodjoe is on agenda.....
I dont take him and some fellas serious again with their contributions on SE matters.
humility33:

Wetin I nor read for nairaland
Not Amunike Again now Austin hosting a coaching clinic

Same Austin that have not been able to Obtain his UEFA coaching badge for years now...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
Meliforme:

Ndidi, Osimhen and Nwakali are the three most important players, followed closely by Ejuke.
how’s Nwakali important? A player with no cap? Abi it’s Ndidi you want to type?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kano Pillars goals against Enyimba. Errors cost Enyimba yesterday. Now Enyimba fans can feel how we felt when Ojo Olorunleke decides to act film grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4FbIghEhno

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Brilliant. Even after leaving, his dossiers and recommendations can later bear fruits in the country.

See something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0W3u0yKSg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
jihday:
not froze but BENCHED, couldn’t prove himself so he chop bench

Tega obviously didn't earn the right to play cheesy
He was utterly rubbish in training and in the eyes of the manager grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
Meliforme:

Oga meli,just say Victor Osimehn and Wilfred Ndidi.....Nwakili and Ejuke have Afcon to prove to us how good they are....and telling us Kelechi Nwakili is very important to eagles,sir I disagree,pls on what basis....I can only lose sleep on Osimehn and Ndidi if they are not available for selection.

Sir,time for us to calm down on Nwakili cos is rating here is damn on high sides,based on his performance so far he should just thank Eguavoen for believing in him,nothing more.

We need to reduce the pressure on the young man,the coming Afcon is an opportunity for him to prove a lot wrong and I wish the young man well.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
Danielnino00:

Tega obviously didn't earn the right to play cheesy
He was utterly rubbish in training and in the eyes of the manager grin
Pls which Tega
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kog45:
Pls which Tega
Tega Abraham

(1) (2) (3) ... (12045) (12046) (12047) (12048) (12049) (12050) (12051) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m), Neobulletzz(m), Marjoribanks, oluwatobi01(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.