Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12085) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698134 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12082) (12083) (12084) (12085) (12086) (12087) (12088) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:52am On Jan 06, 2022
yemyke001:

Now I understand why everyone missed you while you were away. Very exquisite football analysis from you there!

Pardon my late reply to this My Good Sir. And thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Super Eagles Afcon Prep

They are in Garoua. This is from about 3 hours ago.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 3:41am On Jan 06, 2022
I just watched Ghana Algeria highlight and I feel Ghana didn't play badly. They need a new goalkeeper though and the defense need to be more focused. If they have had their penalty, the course of the game would have been different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:54am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Pardon my late reply to this My Good Sir. And thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. wink
Bia, dis place has been peaceful since your French leave, no fighting at all, except for when someone threatened to expire CKels and some other heated exchanges. So please maintain order o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 5:01am On Jan 06, 2022
A 33mins video, Amaju frankly speaking on Arise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-aDpm-iq8
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:16am On Jan 06, 2022
IDENNAA:

Because of your inability to reason like a grown up man you have been relegated to chatkesemumuka types.

You can't find anywhere I insulted anyone on this thread , unprovoked. And , let me tell you this ; I can still insult you without getting banned
...senseless and uncivil bunch simplettton , being being churned out by Buhari and his incompetent government.

You can lie

You that I know that have insults for meal

Well i will advise you never to try insult me.

Your kind proves true that maturity is not revealed in age

I can never be so reduced to dine in your camp with so much hate, bitterness and vicious mindset towards certain players and love for mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I saw many of your posts asking why Nwakali was not yet in Camp and I wondered to myself why you didn't know that he had a game on Jan.2 while you were hurt crying out, calling him unserious and all sorts.

See Humility, you have to learn to verify things before you spill. Coz it's funny when you make statements only to be shown how out of place that statement actually is. Lol

And I can tell that you haven't watched Nwakali at all in recent times. So what gives you the confidence to talk about him this way? A player you haven't watched or assessed recently to reach these conclusions?

Here are his sofascore ratings of the last 5-6 games leading up to Jan.2. I guess they are the ratings of a sluggish lazy ass player. wink

You're one of the monikers I respect here
But some times good we don't allow sentiments becloud our sense of judgement

With all this rating how many goals and assists has Nwakali this season?
With the long diagonal splitting passes he makes how many have been direct assist this season ?

More so he pose all this stats in LOWLY RATED SEGUNDA B
there is nothing spectacular in all your posted bro

Like I said he is just a prospect with this afcon team not yet proven in the super eagles so all the hype around him is uncalled for

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KusherAbel: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What rules do you play by ?

You are just a dirty racist with low self esteem

Cry baby ,if reporting simple things to the moderators puts money on your account then you can keep it up

You reside in America but you keep on behaving like a bush man who resides at the Sambisa forest

Just take a look at you Saying Nigeria produce retards ,I am sure you weren’t born in America ,incase you don’t know yankee have the highest number of regards and junkies ,Nigeria might be bad but saying they produce retards is very wrong

You really have a problem and a very long way to go

I just hope you are not 50 ,they said a fool at 40 is a fool forever ,so I don’t know the right words to use for any age above that .

I come in peace .

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2022
Fabuloski:
I just watched Ghana Algeria highlight and I feel Ghana didn't play badly. They need a new goalkeeper though and the defense need to be more focused. If they have had their penalty, the course of the game would have been different
I watched the game up till about 60 something minutes Algeria were being pressed and I expected an equaliser. As soo as I stopped watching and beaded to twitter I started seeing Algeria scoring goals I was shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2022
Quick eba before flying.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00am On Jan 06, 2022
humility33:

You're one of the monikers I respect here
But some times good we don't allow sentiments becloud our sense of judgement

With all this rating how many goals and assists has Nwakali this season?
With the long diagonal splitting passes he makes how many have been direct assist this season ?

More so he pose all this stats in LOWLY RATED SEGUNDA B
there is nothing spectacular in all your posted bro

Like I said he is just a prospect with this afcon team not yet proven in the super eagles so all the hype around him is uncalled for

Good..... now that you mention the bolded... help me with these. because I want to show you something. I asked Emeka but he ran away from the questions. grin

Nwakali is a Central Midfield playmaker/Conductor and there is something about players of his ilk you need to understand.

How many assists did Modric have at the World Cup in Russia? And why exactly was he named best player at that WC?

How many assists had Xavi at Euros 2008 and tell me why he was named MVP of the tournament?

How many assists did Mikel have at Holland 2005 FIFA U20 WYC to be named by all who saw him & others as the true best player of the whole tournament?

And how many goals and assists did Modric have in the 2017/18 season across all competitions to be crowned Winner of the Ballon D'or and FIFA The Best?

And please, lol... stop misinforming yourself and by extension, others. You don't even know the League Nwakali, Omeruo & Sadiq play in. grin

It is NOT Segunda B. It is La Liga 2 AKA La Liga Smartbank.
Segunda B used to be the Third (3rd) tier of Spanish football before the current leagues hierarchy so ofcos Segunda B was "Lowly". I speak of the Spanish 2nd tier which is one of the most competitive 2nd tier leagues in the world and definitely the most technically proficient.

Also, I posted his stat ratings. One you never bothered to check all the while you were castigating the young man. Also, you haven't watched Nwakali of recent so your takes on him is always gonna be laced with ill-information.

Just answer the above questions. because it is tied to something you and some others here shouting Goals and assists everywhere DON'T know about most genuine Midfield controllers. wink

Let me give you a hint. They don't always boast good goals and assists numbers. I will explain after you have answered the questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:03am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Good..... now that you mention the bolded... help me with these. because I want to show you something. I asked Emeka but he ran away from the questions. grin

Nwakali is a Central Midfield playmaker/Conductor and there is something about players of his ilk you need to understand.

How many assists did Modric have at the World Cup in Russia? And why exactly was he named best player at that WC?

How many assists had Xavi at Euros 2008 and tell me why he was named MVP of the tournament?

How many assists did Mikel have at Holland 2005 FIFA U20 WYC to be named by all who saw him & others as the true best player of the whole tournament?

And how many goals and assists did Modric have in the 2017/18 season across all competitions to be crowned Winner of the Ballon D'or and FIFA The Best?

And please, lol... stop misinforming yourself and by extension, others. You don't even know the League Nwakali, Omeruo & Sadiq play in. grin

Segunda B used to be the Third (3rd) tier of Spanish football before the current leagues hierarchy so ofcos Segunda B was "Lowly". I speak of the Spanish 2nd tier which is one of the most competitive 2nd tier leagues in the world and definitely the most technically proficient.

Also, I posted his stat ratings. One you never bothered to check all the while you were castigating the young man. Also, you haven't watched Nwakali of recent so your takes on him is always gonna be laced with ill-information.

Just answer the above questions. because it is tied to something you and some others here shouting Goals and assists everywhere DON'T know about most genuine Midfield controllers. wink

Let me give you a hint. They don't always boast good goals and assists numbers. I will explain after you have answered the questions.

Abeg drop the mic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:08am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Cc: TheGoodJoe et al

Below is a neutral view coming from one of the finest Sports Photographers/Photojournos in the country - Modo Victor... someone who witnessed the training sessions live before they left for Cameroun

Recall that before my sabbatical, I have always harped on Awaziem having the best passing range among all our Defenders. I showed clips of how he did it at Boavista and how he repeated it in GWG colors vs CAR for Balogun's Goal.

This is just an example of making careful observations overtime before reaching analytical conclusions on players.

Amazing post. Thank you for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2022
drDoom3:

Why must we play long balls to the forwards?

Because that is the philosophy of the Coach. Or you want the coach to abandon his philosophy that he has held for decades?

Do you understand what coaching philosophy is about? It defines a coach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Afcon Prep

They are in Garoua. This is from about 3 hours ago.

You guys are already heroes. Mount on wings like Super Eagles and soar over this tournament. We are proud of you all. Those invited and those not here. Thank you for your services and let us go win this trophy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 7:29am On Jan 06, 2022
@TheSuperNerd.
Please, do you think Chidera Ejuke if used in the attacking midfield role can function efficiently & effectively for the Super Eagles Judging by the way the team build up slowly from the back & with constant high balls into the opponents half. Because to me, he's a player who would rather hold on to the ball & look for one or two or three players to dribble rather than pick out a free & open team mates on time for transition into the opponents half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

You might have a good point here o because I just viewed Xavi and Modric 2010 and 2018 stats and it doesn’t seem very impressive enough to win b’allon d’or

Modric 2018 World Cup stats
2 goals and 1 assist in 7 games

Xavi 2010 World Cup stats
0 goals and 0 assist

Okay, as a Central midfielder, you might not score/assist bountifully, but, your overall control of the tempo of the game can have a huge impact on your team result

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Comrade, the problem is that you do not know this thread. The reply to your questions will be you are comparing Nwakali to Modric and Xavi. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2022
12large1:

You might have a good point here o because I just viewed Xavi and Modric 2010 and 2018 stats and it doesn’t seem very impressive enough to win b’allon d’or

0 goals and 0 assist

Okay, as a Central midfielder, you might not score/assist bountifully, but, your over control of the tempo of the game can have a huge impact on your team result

Yes. It even gets more important when under a press. Eguavoen highlighted it in that philosophy video. When in press, the forwards take wide positions and you need a midfielder who can think fast with the ability to pick long diagonal passes to exploit those spaces. This will give the forwards room to take on defenses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:33am On Jan 06, 2022
12large1:

0 goals and 0 assist

Okay, as a Central midfielder, you might not score/assist bountifully, but, your over control of the tempo of the game can have a huge impact on your team result

Now you're talking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36am On Jan 06, 2022
12large1:

0 goals and 0 assist

Also, passing decisions is very key when building from the back. You need a midfielder that will dictate play with passing decisions.

You can not just throw a player because he is doing well in his league into there.

Also remember this is a guy that trained for years with Amunike, so he understands some of the the things Eguavoen will want.

Kelechi Nwakali was a good call. I wonder why people are so negative about the coach making a right choice.

FLY SUPER EAGLES FLY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Comrade, the problem is that you do not know this thread. The reply to your questions will be you are comparing Nwakali to Modric and Xavi. grin

Hahahahahahahaha.... I really hope my small leave didn't knack me with amnesia about this amazing online home of ours. Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by POSITIVEBRAINS: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2022
The super eagle has arrive cameron. The question now is who now strike against Egypt. Even if igalo make the team, he cannot be drafted to the first eleven. Which Players who now strike against against Egypt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by POSITIVEBRAINS: 7:43am On Jan 06, 2022
The super eagle has arrive cameron. The question now is who now strike against Egypt. Even if igalo make the team, he cannot be drafted to the first eleven. Which Players who now strike against Egypt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44am On Jan 06, 2022
lbrichman2:

Abeg drop the mic

Looolll... Yes boss. grin

P.S: I fit pick am up when Oga Humility return shaa. grin Just to add small jara.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Looolll... Yes boss. grin

P.S: I fit pick am up when Oga Humility return shaa. grin Just to add small jara.

Yes o Big Doc
Thanks for schooling the thread on what it means to be a midfield conductor and creator
All the noise about no goals are assists are borne out of ignorance of the roles of such players
Atleast now you mentioned players that are respected, maybe some will begin to respect Nwakali more..
Thanks again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2022
12large1:

0 goals and 0 assist

Now, you get the point my man

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2022
lbrichman2:

Yes o Big Doc
Thanks for schooling the thread on what it means to be a midfield conductor and creator
All the noise about no goals are assists are borne out of ignorance of the roles of such players
Atleast now you mentioned players that are respected, maybe some will begin to respect Nwakali more..
Thanks again

Their next line will be, if he could conduct so well, why then is he still in the Segunda Liga? Komekn will lead the charge, and others will follow. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2022
ChrisKels:

There next line will be, if he could conduct so well, why then is he still in the Segunda Liga? Komekn will lead the charge, and others will follow. grin
Hahahaha
My man
We dey wait for them
These guys are so predictable lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Great to have you back Doc it's been a minute!

I won't lie I'm not a member of the Kelechi Nwakali appreciation society, he's in the squad so he has my full backing to do well. Hope he proves doubters like me wrong.

TheSuperNerd:
Cc: TheGoodJoe et al

Below is a neutral view coming from one of the finest Sports Photographers/Photojournos in the country - Modo Victor... someone who witnessed the training sessions live before they left for Cameroun

Recall that before my sabbatical, I have always harped on Awaziem having the best passing range among all our Defenders. I showed clips of how he did it at Boavista and how he repeated it in GWG colors vs CAR for Balogun's Goal.

This is just an example of making careful observations overtime before reaching analytical conclusions on players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
12large1:

0 goals and 0 assist

Now I can say, Happy New Year Sir 12large1. grin

I love that you went on your own to check things and not just take my words for it.

That right there is what football analysis and verification of info is about. Well done.

I hope Humility33 sees this and understand because you have already saved me the stress of making the simple point I wanted to make later on humility return to my post.

I will use your own words and add a little to it...

"....as a Central midfielder (Midfield conductor/Central Playmaker), you might not score/assist bountifully, but, your over control of the tempo of the game can have a huge impact on your team result"

In one of the videos I shared with Mkrest, Nwakali vs Sporting Gijon in La Liga 2 dated December 10, 2021.
Huesca were down to 10 men and were losing by a goal.
It was around the 80th min or so, A corner by Gijon was turned over and Nwakali picked up the ball and swiftly turned. On his turn, he immediately spotted a teammate (Joaquin Munoz) racing down the right wing and you know what happens next... Kelechi sent the pass. Perfectly weighted into his path.
Munoz went on and provided a cross assist for Jaime Seoane who nodded it in for the Equaliser. Game over. Game finished a tie at 1-1.

That right there is called a Pre-assist in Football. This is part of where the Deeplying central Midfield playmakers/conductors come into play. They are the ones who majorly set the wheels in motion for build up plays or for an attacking phase.

They usually will have far more pre-assists and what we call, "Pass before the final pass & Pass before the pass before the pass & Pass that begins that build-up leading to a goal or chance".

Stats sites don't normally record these things but research will show that indeed these breed of MFs excel in these functions of the middle game dynamics.

So this is why Goals and Assists... Direct Goals Involvements is not really their strengths. They are primarily THE BUILDING BLOCKS of what leads to these.

But that is not to say, they cannot have the numbers. Nwakali in his last game for Huesca created about 3 beautiful chances for his teammates, imagine if one or two of them had converted. We would be talking 2 assists for the lad. And trust me, Huesca is not a clinical side. This explains why chances go begging even when they are created.

Thanks again Sir 12Large1. The bulk of this post is actually for the Royal one, Oga Humility33 himself. But I trust all can see and hopefully learn a thing or two. We move. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
lbrichman2:

Hahahaha
My man
We dey wait for them
These guys are so predictable lol

Trust me, some people in here know better than these ekuke foreign coaches wey we dey hire some times.

Someone like TheGoodJoe clearly sabi football pass Rohr. Thesupernerd would do well as a backroom staff, an assistant or a PA

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12082) (12083) (12084) (12085) (12086) (12087) (12088) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zakamori, jihday(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.