Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11693500 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12133) (12134) (12135) (12136) (12137) (12138) (12139) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
His ball passing skill does not exist.
He tends to balloon the ball upward to no man in particular.
He makes rash decision when put under pressure defensively.
His tackling is mind boggling...
He often times score own goals because he does not have the body to change his direction against goal bound crosses.
I can continue with a lot of his deficiency but let me leave it at this few ones but mind you Omeruo has his own issues defending too but he is the lesser devil.
komekn:

Why do you say Ekong is not good enough.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
mkrest:

I read some where that there were about 7 of them,each containing or housing some super beings or spirits
OH sorry, which teaching in particular?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
mkrest:

I read some where that there were about 7 of them,each containing or housing some super beings or spirits
grin Like state and capital
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

You said something earlier about the Bible being a tool for mind control. That's just it.
Can't believe I'm agreeing with you on something after our little snafu earlier. Amazing.

Absolutely not.

Lazy Christian are a tool for anybody to manipulate and or subjugate, because the TRUTH can only set you free if you KNOW IT

If you know the word of God �� you cannot be decieved, but if you don't you are already DECIEVED

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
dijon:
His ball passing skill does not exist.
He tends to balloon the ball upward to no man in particular.
He makes rash decision when put under pressure defensively.
His tackling is mind boggling...
He often times score own goals because he does not have the body to change his direction against goal bound crosses.
I can continue with a lot of his deficiency but let me leave it at this few ones but mind you Omeruo has his own issues defending too but he is the lesser devil.

He plays in the EPL if he was that bad he would not be there. He is not outstanding in the EPL but he is not that bad.

I presume you are using his club and league performance in recent times to come to this deduction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

So, until the white men brought Christianity to Africa, Africa was in bondage? Lol tell me something grin grin

So all these other people who don't practice this religion are already going to hefaya?

The white men also adopted Christianity during the persecution of the early Christians who were Hebrews, and we know Hebrews are not Caucasians but Asians from the descendant of Shem.

Before then men were ignorant of the true God hence thought Him to be inform of an object they worshiped.

Even the gods and the priests of Pharoah bowed before him when he showed his power in Egypt.

All those gods can't make you holy 100%, without which you can't make heaven because God is holy.

I once worshiped Idols growing up but now I know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
komekn:

That's outstanding performance two whole games that's 180 minutes.

Thankfully you used the past tense had .

We are now talking in the HERE and NOW and where is Uzoho and be where is Okoye.

I rest my case

Why don't you apply the here and now to Ighalo that you seem desperate to go to the AFCON? isn't he playing in Saudi Arabia?

In the here and now, Maduka hasn't been convincing in the super eagles.. Uzoho hasn't been convincing either,but he's definitely better than Maduka as far as the super eagles is concerned...
The goalkeeper slot is very much open, so using league or club strength to rate one player over the other won't work...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
komekn:

Absolutely not.

Lazy Christian are a tool for anybody to manipulate and or subjugate, because the TRUTH can only set you free if you KNOW IT

If you know the word of God �� you cannot be decieved, but if you don't you are already DECIEVED

When the knowledge is hidden from you, how will you know?
You're not even allowed to ask deep questions about God, Christ and the church. Some questions you want to ask, they will label you possessed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
jihday:
really? When and how did she?

That woman cap and the thing pain me sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
Moniter0:
my sister, I am christocentric, hence I preach Christ. I am not here to preach about what "other people" believe grin, my message is Christ
Abeg continue along this christocentric path and save your brothers from the snare of Christless Christianity

Watchman Nee's books are a great resource for any christocentric Christian ( Seat, Walk Stand, The Normal Christian Life, The Spiritual Man, Christ, the Sum of all Spiritual Things)

Check out Austin Sparks(he and Nee met). You will enjoy him and his writings at this link https://www.austin-sparks.net/

Then the Prince of Preachers, Charles H Spurgeon (how I love Spurgeon). AW Tozer, George Muller, James Hudson Taylor, Hannah Hurnard, Evelyn Underhill, Micheal Molinos, Andrew Murray, Oswald Chambers, Brother Lawrence.

Johan Blumhardt and his son Christoph Blumhardt. Read this gripping story of his encounter with demonic powers in 19th century Germany in his book 'The Awakening'. Download at this link
http://hanswaldvogel.com/lib/Zuendel%20-%20Awakening.pdf

You might not be Catholic but read Jose Maria Escriva's 'Christ is Passing By' or read books by this most beloved and eloquent catholic, Bishop Fulton Sheen (both are catholics but I can assure you that if you put aside your prejudice, that's if you have any against catholics, you will find sweet jewels of deep revelation in their writings)

Read 'Preaching Christ' by Charles Mcllvaine (boy this one is hot) I used to have a softcopy but if you search well on the net you will find it.

Make I help una faith as una want to help mine tongue tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
Na Ekong and some yeye calamity I blame

If I hear say omeruo better pass Ekong

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
What's this religion shit now ? undecided I'm here to read about super eagle and not some religion nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
komekn:

Expand please

Racism hindered a plethora of Cameroon goalkeeper over the years or RACISM hindered Enyeama, and currently Onana and Mendy.

Do you think Europeans football Managers do not know we age cheat in Africa.

Ndidi failed an MRI scan and was released from in the U17 his official age never changed did that affect him ❓

If he lost confidence that's really about his capacity and ability nothing to do with anyone else.

None of those players you mentioned played in Spain or Italy where this things are hash. Uzohor was growing too fast that the Spanish press that made him go viral, also contributed to his downfall.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Na Ekong and some yeye calamity I blame

If I hear say omeruo better pass Ekong

Both of them are calamities...Ekong is just slightly better..

I know most of these guys will be at Qatar if we qualify..But if we are really serious about moving forward, some of these guys should be excused from the team post Qatar, unless their performance really improves.. Players like Omeruo,Musa, Shehu, Ekong, Collins, Akepyi ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Moniter0:
This is not about "African thing", it is about the whole world. There's no need talking as if it is only Africa that got affected. The whole suffered the sin issue prior to the cross of Jesus. Everyone in the world were sinners because of Adam's sin, and the whole world was under condemnation because of Adam's offense (see Romans 5), and it took the sinless one—Jesus to die for the sinful and defeated sin. And this is not religion. This is Good News!

And mind you, the Bible says in Galatians 5, that in Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile, there is neither male nor female... For we are all one in Christ. So in the same token, we know also that there is neither African nor American, and there is neither black nor white for we are all one in Christ.

That's a good one. One question. Are you Holy as God at the knowledge of the Good News?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
komekn:

Or they could put thier club career in Jeopardy end up loosing money.

Retire and be begging NFF for job like some very hungry ex international have done.

Choices makes or breaks a man. So every man with his choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

Yes and he once gave Fabyom a gift in US when Fabyom's wife put to bed. That is why I want Fabyom to help clarify things

Okay. Fabyom, over to you. thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

So you were condemned for a sin you knew nothing about? How can one justify this logically?

Adam I know not, committed a sin thousands of years ago before I was born, yet I got condemned for it, like say na me send am? Doesn't add up mate. I can never be condemned for another man's sin, not even my father's.

It's not your decision or thought but God's decision and thought. Except you have the same thinking process as God. Just believe is what we call FAITH.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

You're not even allowed to ask deep questions about God, Christ and the church. Some questions you want to ask, they will label you possessed.
grin I can relate to this. But omo, I also got stern hushes and once, a dirty knock on the head when I wanted to know about my maternal tribe's idols that year.

Any Etsako East person here cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Mujtahida:

When you leave Christianity, it is common for Christians to tell you that you were never in the faith. It's their default response. Religious people find it hard to accept that people can find peace outside their faith. I just laugh.

If I am even looking for the best exemplars of peace, I won't look at Christians. I will look at Buddhist monks

The only peace that can come to man is when he can have right relationship with God but you can't have right relationship with Him outside of Him. Most Christians think when they go to church, read bible, tithe, fast, etc they are having right relationship with God but unfortunately, they are not because to have right relationship with God, you must be in Him in the first place. To be in Him, you must be Holy because God is holy and light in Him there is no darkness at all.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2022
Mujtahida:

You know what peace is? Peace is to accept that you have your path, I have my path. You have your experience, I have my experience.

Peace is actually when you reconcile with God and have right relationship with God.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2022
Lemme Lucozade on. Im impressed though. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 12:25am On Jan 10, 2022
What's wrong with you folks? Take the religion talk away from the thread. You are making it difficult to track messages that matters. Do better please

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:28am On Jan 10, 2022
bazooka1:

Adam didn't really exist as the Bible made us think. Read the book of Enoch, you will find out some unconventional truths.

Just one book will nullify the whole 5 books of Moses and other books? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 12:29am On Jan 10, 2022
safarigirl:

You were talking rubbish then and you're still talking rubbish now.

Go and check the AFCON 2019 list, Kelechi was there, Kelechi was in World Cup 2018 too. So, how can you claim he was not there?

Which Awoniyi and Sadiq? Did you kill Ahmed Musa? Is he not in the same strike force? Chukwueze too is in our strike force, same as Simon and Onyekuru.

Strike force is the forward line. We have 8 forwards, only 3 of those 8 were not at the last AFCON.

Respect yourself and drop this argument, because you're still arguing in the rubbish.

I no even blame you, na me still dey answer you na wetin make.
I don't think kelechi played afcon 2019
Because if I can remember he wasnt convincing that period and Nigerians didn't waste time to voice their lack of faith in him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:31am On Jan 10, 2022
ChrisKels:

To them, God created Africa and put them in bondage, and at the mercy of the whites for liberation. These guys can be so funny sometimes. So, God no like Africa that he had to make us lower species from inception? God also love Israel more than other nations, according to them. Is God bias that he will create people and choose who to love more? grin

I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on. Know this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Why don't you apply the here and now to Ighalo that you seem desperate to go to the AFCON? isn't he playing in Saudi Arabia?

In the here and now, Maduka hasn't been convincing in the super eagles.. Uzoho hasn't been convincing either,but he's definitely better than Maduka as far as the super eagles is concerned...
The goalkeeper slot is very much open, so using league or club strength to rate one player over the other won't work...

Your double standard and favouritism, is without restraint it's so blatant.

If you don't use a players club and league performance week in week in week out , what else are you supposed to use Oh he was not born in Nigeria therefore he can't be good enough.

With regards to Ighalo in the HERE and NOW plus the PAST and PRESENT he was the highest goal scorer in the AFCON.

He has gone to Saudi to cash in, not because he cannot get a club in the EPL.

If he proves himself fit and ready then he is our best proven striker PAST and PRESENT.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:38am On Jan 10, 2022
bazooka1:

Very simple ask no one , seek no man just read your BIBLE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Mujtahida:

It's total mindfuck. Through Adam we became sinner not because we did anything ooo. Just by being born as a human being.
Then they said christ came and died and created a new order for man but the catch here is that unlike what happened through Adam in which we all automatically become sinners, we do not automatically share this new life of Christ. No we have to first believe and have faith in the finished work of Christ before we partake of this new life. Shey you see the ojoro. They do not see that just as in Adam, people are sinners when they are born, so also once a child is born, he should be sinless now that christ has paid the price. But we all know it's not so. If it is so, how would pastors chop from this whole thriving business of sin, church and Christianity?

They will come and say that the things of the spirit are not carnally discerned. Abeg out of respect for the faith of people, let me drop this topic jeje if not...

It's actually so but you MUST believe it is actually so before it will be counted as righteousness as said in the scripture. Remember, there is no unrighteousness with God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 12:44am On Jan 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Stop saying what u don't know..
Uzoho played two laliga games for his club before making his super eagles debut..
He had more experience than Okoye who was brought from the German fourth division...

You dey mind Southgate, thats how he was questioning why Uzoho is still at his ''lowly" club when he knows fully well that Uzoho was injured for months, while on duty for us I might add, and you thought it wont slow down his career club wise, Rohr too still sidelined him when he returned from injury without giving him a chance even after numerous blunders by Maduka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2022
safarigirl:

So Jews are not sons of God?

Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, these people are not of God? Who do they then belong to? Who keeps them safe? Who helps them feed and survive in this world?

To who do they owe their successes?

Remember, in the days of Noah, God kept them and they were all of God until the flood destroyed them. Leaving only 8 saved souls. It doesn't matter to God how many are outside the Ark which was the way of salvation then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:57am On Jan 10, 2022
komekn:

Your double standard and favouritism, is without restraint it's so blatant.

If you don't use a players club and league performance week in week in week out , what else are you supposed to use Oh he was not born in Nigeria therefore he can't be good enough.

With regards to Ighalo in the HERE and NOW plus the PAST and PRESENT he was the highest goal scorer in the AFCON.

He has gone to Saudi to cash in, not because he cannot get a club in the EPL.

If he proves himself fit and ready then he is our best proven striker PAST and PRESENT.

The one exhibiting double standards here is you...Only you!
AFCON was 3 years ago, is that part of the here and now??

My opinion on Okoye has nothing to do with where be was born.. I'm not like you..
Okoye has absolutely not been convincing for the super eagles since he made his debut...he hasn't shown he is better than Uzoho.. Prove me wrong..

(1) (2) (3) ... (12133) (12134) (12135) (12136) (12137) (12138) (12139) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Shegzdave, Meliforme, opes and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.