Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11955296 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (16371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
somehow:
After how many months of not scoring? He needs to be consistent.

Well, six goals in 4 is a good place to start.
Asides him and Adi, we don't have any other player with their level of fitness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2017
zicky:
I gat to correct something.

The Man united vs portmouth game was played in Abuja and not Kano. Portmouth also played kano pillars in the same abuja stadium, Utaka, babayaro played that match can't really remember the score line, should be 6-0 or 7-0

Thanks for the correction.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2017
Petrobros:

You are daring me o.

You did not make much comment on the topic. But from the little you made I know you are not a Muslim.

Icon4s is obviously a Christian and from that part of the country where they "fear North" a lot. He sounds like a PDP sympathiser.

Tbaba1234 obviously sounds like a Muslim and also an APC sympathiser. He doesn't sound like a Northerner. He could be from Kwara though.

Somehow is obviously a Northern Muslim and a strong APC supporter.

Guys don't fire rockets at me o. This is just my observation. My point is we cannot completely eliminate sectional, political and Religious reasoning from sports even though we try not to. It creeps in once in a while.

Hahaha.

You are on your own from now on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2017
junnyjake:

Manchester United played against Portsmouth in Kano, I think 2008.
even Portsmouth and Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
oga the problem in African countries besides some Nothern African countries and SA, is don't want to tackle the real issue.
We have companies in Nigeria that can sponsor our leagues big time. But the government have a huge role to play that they have not been playing.

Let's tackle the real issue and stop looking for an easy way out. We need to unite and face government at the three levels. We need to demand accountability and a good environment for indigenous companies to grow.

Just yesterday I was listening to Brilla FM and Rosa Collins was on air. Can you imagine a lady who have labored for this country as a well decorated athlete in the past and have sacrificed her sweat and money towards the growth of athletics in Nigeria was fizzled out of contention for the chairmanship of AFN without an election and someone was anointed who has no business in sports. All thanks to the sports minister, Solomon Dalung. We all know that he is not competent. But we can make noise on twitter, instagram etc, but we cannot all unite in one voice to ask him to step down. We all desired soccer gold so much at the olympics and watched as the Nigerian team was disgraced by this same sport minister. No body said nothing but made noise.

What's wrong with our athletes and sportsmen demanding him to step down, else they will not compete. It would have been better Mikel and Co chose not to compete unless he steps down. Will we, the masses have united behind them in such action? That's our problem. but we are busy abusing ourselves along tribal lines and politics.. we do not know our problem. Football is our comfort zone and we will always seek ways to enjoy the EPl or find the easier route so as to enjoy football.

Let's go back to the basics so football in Nigeria (who should lead Africa) can REALLY grow.. please leave all those cosmetic approach talking about partnering with gulf countries. First things first.

Modified
Chinese Government has always been pro-China. That's the kind of foundation you lay for your companies to grow. Do you know how much China is pumping into their league?

goldfish80:

You know what you're saying is far from what is on ground.
The reality is that African countries apart from the North Africans and maybe SA do not attract good corporate sponsorship,this is very clear.
Even kit sponsorship deals between Africa and major brands like Nike and addidas are nothing to write home about. You cannot blame the kit makers because they want to make money and Africa don't have such market to patronise them. We prefer made in Aba Jersey than the real ones, so why will they put in top dollar to sponsor us? Will a white man in Germany buy Nigerian Jersey?

How much do you think can be generated for image rights from African friendly games? If a company acquires image rights to broadcast Nigeria vs Senegal game in London for £10M, do you think they can recoup that amount and make profit from pay per view TV? We overrrate ourselves alot. Do you think Europeans bother if Nigeria is playing Senegal?

The only institution that can generate mega money for Africa football is CAF. Imagine if they can sell their TV right for $3 B for a 5 year period (which is a far cry from what the premiership is getting). We are talking about $50M+ earning for each African country added with what they can generate themselves. That is what we are talking about.
If maybe a Uganda can get this kind of money and invest in youth development and capacity building you can imagine how far they will come.

The practical solution to getting this sort of endorsements is by affiliating with the gulf countries. It is very simple.

On China, they are improving tremendously. They a have qualified for the World Cup before. I think they played in the world cup before Nigeria qualified (I maybe wrong). You're not saying they won't qualify for the World Cup with the current expansion as we have after investing billions? Come on.
This right off attitude was what cost us that South African match. We didn't want to hear the South Africans were improving. We still brag our shoulders that they are our wife, just like we did before Ghana made a mess of us in that famous Craven cottage friendly.

What I'm saying is that China shouldn't be written off. They have a serious project there. Europe and the rest of the world are concerned with the Chinese project, while Afrikans are waving them aside. What a paradox.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Let's call a spade a spade. Ighalo is back! and he deserves another chance.

junnyjake:

Well, six goals in 4 is a good place to start.
Asides him and Adi, we don't have any other player with their level of fitness.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
goldfish80:

You know what you're saying is far from what is on ground.
The reality is that African countries apart from the North Africans and maybe SA do not attract good corporate sponsorship,this is very clear.
Even kit sponsorship deals between Africa and major brands like Nike and addidas are nothing to write home about. You cannot blame the kit makers because they want to make money and Africa don't have such market to patronise them. We prefer made in Aba Jersey than the real ones, so why will they put in top dollar to sponsor us? Will a white man in Germany buy Nigerian Jersey?

How much do you think can be generated for image rights from African friendly games? If a company acquires image rights to broadcast Nigeria vs Senegal game in London for £10M, do you think they can recoup that amount and make profit from pay per view TV? We overrrate ourselves alot. Do you think Europeans bother if Nigeria is playing Senegal?

The only institution that can generate mega money for Africa football is CAF. Imagine if they can sell their TV right for $3 B for a 5 year period (which is a far cry from what the premiership is getting). We are talking about $50M+ earning for each African country added with what they can generate themselves. That is what we are talking about.
If maybe a Uganda can get this kind of money and invest in youth development and capacity building you can imagine how far they will come.

The practical solution to getting this sort of endorsements is by affiliating with the gulf countries. It is very simple.

On China, they are improving tremendously. They a have qualified for the World Cup before. I think they played in the world cup before Nigeria qualified (I maybe wrong). You're not saying they won't qualify for the World Cup with the current expansion as we have after investing billions? Come on.
This right off attitude was what cost us that South African match. We didn't want to hear the South Africans were improving. We still brag our shoulders that they are our wife, just like we did before Ghana made a mess of us in that famous Craven cottage friendly.

What I'm saying is that China shouldn't be written off. They have a serious project there. Europe and the rest of the world are concerned with the Chinese project, while Afrikans are waving them aside. What a paradox.

First off I don't blame any Aba made jersey wearer because the authentic ones are super expensive. This is why I advocated for an unknown brand that could be affordable for Nigerians. As for the friendlies, u would be surprised the amount of people across the world that fancy the super eagles. The problem is in the planning. We don't promote these matches we just show up and expect people to be there waiting. I remember the super 4 that had Manu Garba and Samson Siasia's team. The stadium was completely empty and the story that came out was that nobody knew this was even taking place. U can't blame people who have been kept in the dark. Do u think CONMEBOL is funding Brazil and Argentina? If so why does Messi have to pick up his federation's tab? A country the size of Nigeria should never have to depend on CAF or any other region giving us anything.

TBH I am writing China off from winning the world cup. China winning a world cup would be like Djibouti winning an AFCON. In fact I am willing to add that South Sudan will win an AFCON before China win's the world cup lol. All jokes aside China cannot just buy a few players and then get better than countries with solid players. In China u can only have 3 foreign players on the field at one time, I don't think they will improve so much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Highlights of Ighalo's brace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2YpdD_yufU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
FG goes tough; to mandate Nigerian brands sponsoring EPL clubs to sponsor NPFL

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, says the Federal Government will amend the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Code to compel brands to sponsor Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL.

The minister made the assertion at the close of the “Two-Day Creative Industry Financing Conference,” sponsored by the ministry in conjunction with “Think Tank Media and Advertising” which closed on Tuesday in Lagos.

“We will amend the NBC code to ensure that our Premier League improves.

“We will make sure that in the Code, if you spend one million dollars to support a foreign football club like Manchester United in Nigeria, you will not be allowed to air that programme unless you spend 30 per cent of that money to promote Nigeria’s league.

“Some beverage companies in Nigeria support Manchester United (Man U), Arsenal and others and spend about $6 million a year,’’ he said.

“I then asked the question, how much of their products are being consumed over there?

“I was also told that a particular brand of Nigeria Beer is supporting several premier league teams to the tune of $7 million a year.

“We can imagine if they give us just 30 per cent of that, we will fix our stadia.

“I know they are going to attack me on this but I am not made a minister to sustain the economy of other countries.’’

He said the government could no longer tolerate the situation where people continue to develop the economy of other parts of the world from the sweat of Nigerians and at the expense of Nigerian economy.

The minister also clarified an earlier statement credited to him on the amendment to NBC Code to discourage production of Nigerian movies and music abroad.

“At that meeting, I said that I will work to amend the NBC code to ensure that if a product is designated a Nigerian product; it must be produced in Nigeria.

“I didn’t say that henceforth, all music and films will be produced in Nigeria.

“All I said was that if a programme is designated as a Nigerian content programme, we will amend the code to ensure that it is produced in Nigeria,” he said.

He added that if the law says that a programme shall have 60 per cent Nigerian content, the producer could not go ahead to shoot such outside the country for Nigerian viewers.

“Of course, they will come and say that you do not have infrastructure and that is why they went outside to shoot.

“I asked if it is not the same programme you went to shoot outside Nigeria because we have epileptic power that you will bring back to show to us in Nigeria.

“Then, with which power are you showing the programme?

“I promised Nigerians that I am going to create one million jobs in three years and I can’t do that if they start exporting jobs to other countries,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
FG goes tough; to mandate Nigerian brands sponsoring EPL clubs to sponsor NPFL

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, says the Federal Government will amend the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Code to compel brands to sponsor Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL.

The minister made the assertion at the close of the “Two-Day Creative Industry Financing Conference,” sponsored by the ministry in conjunction with “Think Tank Media and Advertising” which closed on Tuesday in Lagos.

“We will amend the NBC code to ensure that our Premier League improves.

“We will make sure that in the Code, if you spend one million dollars to support a foreign football club like Manchester United in Nigeria, you will not be allowed to air that programme unless you spend 30 per cent of that money to promote Nigeria’s league.

“Some beverage companies in Nigeria support Manchester United (Man U), Arsenal and others and spend about $6 million a year,’’ he said.

“I then asked the question, how much of their products are being consumed over there?

“I was also told that a particular brand of Nigeria Beer is supporting several premier league teams to the tune of $7 million a year.

“We can imagine if they give us just 30 per cent of that, we will fix our stadia.

“I know they are going to attack me on this but I am not made a minister to sustain the economy of other countries.’’

He said the government could no longer tolerate the situation where people continue to develop the economy of other parts of the world from the sweat of Nigerians and at the expense of Nigerian economy.

The minister also clarified an earlier statement credited to him on the amendment to NBC Code to discourage production of Nigerian movies and music abroad.

“At that meeting, I said that I will work to amend the NBC code to ensure that if a product is designated a Nigerian product; it must be produced in Nigeria.

“I didn’t say that henceforth, all music and films will be produced in Nigeria.

“All I said was that if a programme is designated as a Nigerian content programme, we will amend the code to ensure that it is produced in Nigeria,” he said.

He added that if the law says that a programme shall have 60 per cent Nigerian content, the producer could not go ahead to shoot such outside the country for Nigerian viewers.

“Of course, they will come and say that you do not have infrastructure and that is why they went outside to shoot.

“I asked if it is not the same programme you went to shoot outside Nigeria because we have epileptic power that you will bring back to show to us in Nigeria.

“Then, with which power are you showing the programme?

“I promised Nigerians that I am going to create one million jobs in three years and I can’t do that if they start exporting jobs to other countries,” he said.

This must be a joke right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
zicky:
I gat to correct something.

The Man united vs portmouth game was played in Abuja and not Kano. Portmouth also played kano pillars in the same abuja stadium, Utaka, babayaro played that match can't really remember the score line, should be 6-0 or 7-0

yes I remember clearly now, it was in ABUJA, not Kano,

but my guy BABAYARO ke,

abi nah papilo, or AIYEGBENI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
Icon4s:

I hate to bring politics here, but his stance and comment is without doubt politics,

he should go and sit one place, liar Mohamed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
Why on Earth is Pep being such a jerk in Nacho's transfer? He does not want to use the guy at same time does not want to let go!
Oloriburuku ni man yi sha!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
oloriooko:
Why on Earth is Pep being such a jerk in Nacho's transfer? He does not want to use the guy at same time does not want to let go!
news says deal is done though, only thing left is announcement undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CLT123(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
oloriooko:
The transfer will be official when Leicester returns to the UK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CLT123(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Leicester needs to buy a creative midfielder. I watched their match vs Liverpool and they couldn't string together three passes in a row. They settled for long balls all match...

Iheanacho won't score many goals unless they find one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
CLT123:
Leicester needs to buy a creative midfielder. I watched their match vs Liverpool and they couldn't string together three passes in a row. They settled for long balls all match...

Iheanacho won't score many goals unless they find one.
they've been trying to get Sigurdsson, don't know how well that's going

Did Mahrez play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CLT123(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
safarigirl:
they've been trying to get Sigurdsson, don't know how well that's going

Did Mahrez play?
Yes. He was their best player.

I hope Sigurdsson joins Leicester, though I believe he will end up at Everton. He, Mahrez, Vardy, Kelechi would make a lethal combination.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Joebie:

he rarely plays well when on the green Jersey......
I will still prefer a fit kayode to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
Icon4s:

I thought you and goodjoe are ardent supporters of these government...... he has a point there regarding NPFL club sponsorships
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
Joebie:

he has never been impressive playing for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Forget Ighalo, even in his best scoring season, he was not that good for naija. I even prefer Ideye.

Sadiq Umar, Onuachu and Osimhen are the future. We also have Kayode who can do a job now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
Agreed. which is why I said, "chance".

Humility017:

he has never been impressive playing for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
Forget Ighalo, even in his best scoring season, he was not that good for naija. I even prefer Ideye.

Sadiq Umar, Onuachu and Osimhen are the future. We also have Kayode who can do a job now.

True.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
Humility017:

I thought you and goodjoe are ardent supporters of these government......
he has a point there regarding NPFL club sponsorships

I only support things that are, feasible, workable and reasonable. Not this one.

You don't impose a brand on a corporate body who are those advising this man sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SeunPRO: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
do4luv14:

yes I remember clearly now, it was in ABUJA, not Kano,

but my guy BABAYARO ke,

abi nah papilo, or AIYEGBENI
yea, Celestine babayaro. He was on trial with Portmouth then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
President Paul Biya humiliated by CAF as Ahmad Ahmad settle scores with Issa Hayatou

CAF's recent decision to increase participating teams in the African Cup of Nations tournament from 16 to 24 teams, has made the Cameroon government believe that CAF is just biased , and wants to push Cameroon to ' surrender' the organisation to either Algeria , Morocco or Zambia, who are already openly
manifesting interest.

Algeria's Football Federation President Kheireddine Zetchi rumours had already cracked the Social Media that Cameroon was going to lose its hosting rights to Algeria, when Algerian Football Federation
President Kheireddine Zetchi openly declared that Algeria was ready any time any day to take over the
competition from Cameroon should the opportunity presents itself. Other Countries like Zambia and Morocco too did not hesitate to voice out their
intentions.

All these happened, because close door discussions among African Football Managers had been centered on a conspiracy theory on how to get back at
Issa Hayatou (who is their target ) and humiliate Cameroon by giving them tough conditions that they won't be able to fulfill, so that they can snatch away its
rights to host the 2019 African Cup of Nations.

The Cameroon government earlier last week, made a giant press outing together with the Italian Contractor, who is responsible for constructing the Olembe
Stadium, to encourage Cameroonians not to be discouraged with the flying news on Social Media about Cameroon losing its host rights.

Pierre Ismael Bidoung Mpkatt, Minster of Sports and Physical Education During the Press outing, Minister Pierre Ismael Bidoung Mpkatt of Physical Education reassured Cameroonians that' Cameroon was up to the task ', and thatthe 2019 TOTAL AFCON, will and must happen in Cameroon.The Italian team with Italian Ambassador to Cameroon Samuela Isopi in the middle On his part, the ' Italian Contractor ' Piccini , who won thebconstruction contract of the Olembe
Stadium in Yaounde also assured the Cameroonian people in another Press Outing earlier this week, that the Stadium will be up and ready in October
2018. The Press Outing was chaired by the Italian Ambassador to Cameroon Samuela Isopi, and
was assisted by the Architect Eloy Saurez , the Project Manager Mark Debantz and the Charge deMission Gabriel Ngah , who all equally took the floor to explain how far preparations have gone, and that the
construction materials that are being fabricated in an Italian Factory in Italywill soon arrive Cameroon.

However, while the Cameroon Government was trying to raise hopes and expectations, amidst the difficulties of hosting the traditional 16 teams in terms of infrastructures( stadiums, hotels, roads, medical etc ..), the Confederation of Africa Footbal CAF, was holding a Symposium on the African Football in
Rabat Morocco , in which FECAFOOT's President Tombi A Roko was a participant.

During the Symposium, some resolutions not favourable to host country Cameroon were arrived at, among which was increasing the Africa Cup of Nations participating teams from 16 to 24 beginning 2019.

Another resolution also stated that the tournament will now be held in the months of June and July , and that it will remain a biennial event (every two years), odd years and exclusively held on african soil with African national teams. conscious of the economic, political, social and financial difficulties plaguing
Cameroon right now, CAF further went on to provoke that the competition which will be sponsored by Total will hold in Cameroon , and that Inspection on their
readiness will be conducted early September .

CAF's decision to move the tournament from January and February to June and July , is something Issa Hayatou categorically refused to implement when he was President of CAF. Issa Hayatou backed up his decision with the fact that June and July were delicate periods in Cameroon , because not only will games be played under heavy rains since these months fall in the heart of the rainy season, but also that spectators and supporters will not be comfortable to go out and support their teams under the heavy rains.

Ahmad Ahmad's decision as CAF's President, from all angles, challenges and out-rule everything Cameroon's Issa Hayatou had implemented during his 29 years mafiaic reign at the helm of the Confederation. in-house wagging tongues in high places say Issa Hayatou had spent Cameroon's fortune, to buy people to side with him and carry the competition to Cameroon, since he was not expecting to be defeated during the elections. When Ahmad Ahmad beat Issa Hayatou in the election with the help of World football lords who played their cards under the table to oust Issa Hayatou from the African football glass house, Issa Hayatou returned home to his master President Paul Biya, who comforted him with the position of the board Chairman of the National Football Academy.

During an interview after his CAF's defeat, Issa Hayatou rightly bluffed to the press that: ' he will never lack a job while in Cameroon '. And truly, his
words came true after Biya appointed him. He again told pressmen and women that he did not regret the fact that he lost the elections to Madagascan Ahmad
Ahmad , but regretted the fact that red joker cards and underground work by external forces were used to get rid of him from his CAF Kingdom. according to him, the present CAF President was ' no match' to him during the 16 march 2017 elections , he only won
because there were external manipulative influences. " I am not sad that I lost the elections. But I am very
upset with the way it was done. Honestly, i don't see who can beat me at the level of CAF. But there were external forces that got involved with the General Assembly, who could not vote me again". The 7 6
years old lamented.

Mr. Hayatou further revealed that his close relations knew he wanted to resign from CAF after the 2019 African Cup of Nations , and acknowledged he sweated to have it brought to Cameroonian soil,
reason why he decided to run the 16 march 2017 race , which unfortunately did not favour him. With all the corruption scandals that Issa Hayatou created during his 29 years of reign as President of CAF, the hundreds of millions of F CFA he allegedly spent on
corrupting some group of individuals to bring the 2019 AFCON to Cameroon, his press declarations that Ahmad Ahmad was ' no match' for him if some underground godfathers did not assist him during the elections, and the fact that Cameroon has become a Lion's den for its own citizens, CAF officials want to
get their own pound of flesh from Issa Hayayou and his master, and that is the only reason sources say CAF took the recent resolutions.

Knowing fully well that Cameroon willnot be able to meet up with the technical and administrative standards of the 24 competing teams , due to its internal commitments especially with 4 elections
coming up in 2018, CAF says they will be coming for inspections in Cameroon in September. ' Is it September 2017 or September 2018?'. http://www.henrietteslounge.com/2017/07/president-paul-biya-humiliated-by-caf.html?m=1#dvBj3jsz2UPDglYc.01
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Which part cracks u up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
EEGA:
I will prefer Emma Daniel against cameroon.If Ondoa can.He can.If I may ask.How did Ondoa start maning the post for Cameroon?
Well said Akpeyi has this fear in him and lack composure .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
jihday:
even Portsmouth and Arsenal.
Never knew about this, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (16371) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.