Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,770 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11943349 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12273) (12274) (12275) (12276) (12277) (12278) (12279) ... (16355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 10:12am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

onyeka is a box to box midfielder (except you haven't been watching brentford's game all season).. Most times he drops back to help initiate buildup and make an impact in the final third but that doesn't make him a pure DM..
Okay agreed... Box to box ba? Good
Can Nwakali play box to box? No!
Do you need a box to box midfielder when you want to bring calmness and recycle the ball in midfield? No!
You see why one cannot compete with the other? A tank is not in competition with a Ferrari ( Aba made) they do different jobs.
It's that simple

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

It’s the coach decision for him to be in the team and not me ,even onyekuru with a very poor season made it to the afcon so nothing new .

If you have not seen any hype then you aren’t always on this thread .

Happy Sunday

cheesy lol I sleep and wake up here, I just do not enjoy typing that much, I find it burdensome.
Maybe our definition of hype is different.
What you see as hype, I see as explanations.
No one has said he is the best in the world or even in Africa, or the best in segunda ( that is hype) , no one has said he is a finished product either.
All what the supposed hypers have been doing is explaining why they think he should be in the team

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2022
markfem2:
About the match slatted for Wednesday, coach Eguavoen should start with a lineup dominated by the other players who are yet to feature. I expect to see the likes of Onyekuru, Olayinka, Onyeka, Ebuehi even Uzoho. I am of the firm belief that every player should be given the opportunity to show what he can offer.

Nigeria needs 3 point against Guinea-Bissau,we must not change much from the first team ,5 or 6 players from the first team needs to start our next game

This will be my team against guinea Bissau

4-2-3-1

Uzoho

Ebuehi Ajayi Omeruo Zaidu

Ndidi onyeka

Iwobi Nwakali Ejuke

Iheanacho

Any of the new starters wey no impress ,Na to commot am immediately put Better person ,if ejuke like make him go Dey dribble like Mumu ,I think eguavoen have sent him a warning by not playing him yesterday despite having a good game against Egypt

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You guys should rest abeg ,both the Nwakali slanders and hypers

He didn’t have the best game and also he didn’t have a bad game ,no need for you to start this nonsense hype setting him up for drags ,you don even Dey mention kome moniker ,I laugh Swahili

Nwakali hype men and slanders make una rest .

Can you tell me a person that said Nwakali had the best game?

The point is simple. He did the job the coach sent him to do.

How that equates to hype baffles me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2022
Hanibal:

Okay agreed... Box to box ba? Good
Can Nwakali play box to box? No!
Do you need a box to box midfielder when you want to bring calmness and recycle the ball in midfield? No!
You see why one cannot compete with the other? A tank is not in competition with a Ferrari ( Aba made) they do different jobs.
It's that simple

And how did Nwakali bring calmness to the midfield? grin

By making back passes thereby putting his team under immense pressure? He kept passing it back, he tried to dribble and lost it.... Even ndidi grew tired of the back passes...

The midfield got weaker with Nwakali's introduction. The attacking drive from the midfield reduced..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Can you tell me a person that said Nwakali had the best game?

The point is simple. He did the job the coach sent him to do.

How that equates to hype baffles me.

I didn’t mention any one said Nwakali got the best game

Oga blue font I was passing my judgment by saying he didn’t have the best game and wasn’t bad either

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

By making back passes thereby putting his team under immense pressure? He kept passing it back, he tried to dribble and lost it.... Even ndidi grew tired of the back passes...

The midfield got weaker with Nwakali's introduction. The attacking drive from the midfield reduced..

Do you think forward passes and losing it repeatedly did not put the team under pressure?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I didn’t mention any one said Nwakali got the best game

Oga blue font I was passing my judgment by saying he didn’t have the best game and wasn’t bad either

Kelechi Nwakali did not have a bad game. He was good at his job.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

Thank God you got the point, every other thing is subjective, I believe we both watched the match howbeit with different eyes, I no get strength to argue that one.
I saw what I saw, you see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.
But be prepared because Nwakali will start the next game, he is good at what he does whether you see it or not... And passing it back it also a big part in bringing control.... See I don taya abeg.
I no get strength.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfem2: 10:37am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nigeria needs 3 point against Guinea-Bissau,we must not change much from the first team ,5 or 6 players from the first team needs to start our next game

4-2-3-1

Uzoho

Ndidi onyeka

Iwobi Nwakali Ejuke

Iheanacho

Any of the new starters wey no impress ,Na to commot am immediately put Better person ,if ejuke like make him go Dey dribble like Mumu ,I think eguavoen have sent him a warning by not playing him yesterday despite having a good game against Egypt

As for the CB's the Omeruo-Ekong partnership is a match made in heaven, why change the winning formula. Ajayi can come in as a sub.
I agree with the rest except for Ejuke who should come in as a sub. I wish to see Onyekuru and Olayinka in action. We are already on top of our group. The worst that will happen on Wednesday is a draw which is highly unlikely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:38am On Jan 16, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think forward passes and losing it repeatedly did not put the team under pressure?

Of course it does. But backward passes are worse.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2022
markfem2:

As for the CB's the Omeruo-Ekong partnership is a match made in heaven, why change the winning formula. Ajayi can come in as a sub.
I agree with the rest except for Ejuke who should come in as a sub. I wish to see Onyekuru and Olayinka in action. We are already on top of our group. The worst that will happen on Wednesday is a draw which is not likely to happen.
the best I have seen for a long time now in the team

Omeruo exhumes so much confidence when on the ball and plays truly as a veteran

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfem2: 10:44am On Jan 16, 2022
Papi85:

Onerous exhumes so much confidence when on the ball and plays truly as a veteran
To be honest, recent display by Omeruo, Ekong and Moses made me believe in second chances. These are players I had written off in the past. All these goes to show that the problem with the super eagles was one German expired product in the person of Rohr. I am glad the NFF came to their senses before it was late.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

That is impossible.

You can never keep possession for a long time without back passes. Back passes are key to retaining possession.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

Watch this Dzeko's goal in the last inter milan vs roma meeting. The spanking of Mourinho by Simeone Inzaghi. Watch how they used back passes to keep possession until they found the gap to break the defense wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Jb-7yP0Yw

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2022
That Guinea Bissau goal that was disallowed would not have been disallowed if it was scored by a big and favoured team. If Egypt was down and scored in similar fashion, VAR and ref won't take the same decision.

VAR is for the favoured teams.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

4-2-3-1

Uzoho

Ndidi onyeka

Iwobi Nwakali Ejuke

Iheanacho

Onyekuru replace iwobi

iwobi replace Nwakali

Nwakali comes in as a sub Olayinka too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05am On Jan 16, 2022
markfem2:

I agree with the rest except for Ejuke who should come in as a sub. I wish to see Onyekuru and Olayinka in action. We are already on top of our group. The worst that will happen on Wednesday is a draw which is highly unlikely.

I understand you but one of the CB needs to rest at least

Ejuke should start ,if not for being selfish he impressed me against Egypt

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Onyekuru replace iwobi

iwobi replace Nwakali

Still not bad .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2022
mank1234:
That Guinea Bissau goal that was disallowed would not have been disallowed if it was scored by a big and favoured team. If Egypt was down and scored in similar fashion, VAR and ref won't take the same decision.

Guinea Bissau was a pure goal Walai

Egypt didn’t deserve to win that game grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2022
Papi85:

Onerous exhumes so much confidence when on the ball and plays truly as a veteran

I pray omeruo get a decent team

Genoa ,getafe ,Southampton,marseille ,Lille

He is good enough for such teams I mentioned above

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2022
Eguavoen said Nwakali didn't really do badly, when asked about Nwakali's performance in his post match interview. I think Nwakali was told to just come on to control the game and maintain possession for the team.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:14am On Jan 16, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Onyekuru replace iwobi

iwobi replace Nwakali

you mean make a midfield conductor with special skill set come in as a sub against guinea bizza bizza grin grin when he has ability that no other player has no now o wrong now grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

From what I saw against Sudan, Sierra Leone can beat Nigeria on penalties if we don't compose our attack, dictate play in the middle, reduce unnecessary long balls and establish a proper defense-Goalkeeper coordination/Communication
Nigeria will flog Sierra Leone and 80 percent of teams in this tournament.. I didn't say beat, flog...

Nigeria is in tournament form...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

onyeka is a box to box midfielder (except you haven't been watching brentford's game all season).. Most times he drops back to help initiate buildup and make an impact in the final third but that doesn't make him a pure DM..
True, but i don’t think Eguaveon sees him that way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2022
mank1234:

If you ask me, I think they are trying to keep Egypt in the competition because of Salah...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

False info.

24 accurate passes in 25 mins.

16 of them into/in opposition half.

Only 8 of them in defensive half.

How was he backwards all through? grin

Smh... just talking nonsense.

I'm not in support of the other brethren, but, with all respect, you're convoluting the stats here to favour Nwakali.

Kelechi completed 8 passes while standing in Nigeria's half.
And 16 passes while standing in Sudan's half.

In is different from into, and can't be interchanged as you implied in your post.

While the latter shows progression, the former depicts possession.

Respect, mate.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

Is Kante a b2b midfielder,a DM or a CM?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Guinea Bissau was a pure goal Walai

Egypt didn’t deserve to win that game grin
There was a clear foul before the goal. Na just say the goal sweet and Egypt Guniea Bissau na the underdog. Na why all this talk dey reign.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Danielnino00:

If you ask me, I think they are trying to keep Egypt in the competition because of Salah...

As they kept Egypt because of Salah against South Africa in the round of 16 in 2019 abi.

Una go just dey type nonsense. The Guinea player obviously wrestle that guy to the floor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
You didn't see any long balls even after watching the replay? My goodness.

So Nwakali long ball to Zaidu is a joke to you? Na wa.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how many times we watch a game shaa.

Ball. Balls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Joezinho:

was there any attacking drive some moments before he came on?
If a coach brought you on to 'keep the ball', you have to even if the only option is back pass. What if he made the forward pass and the receiver lost the ball, won't that also put pressure on the team?
Make una rest abeg... All of them had a great game yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12273) (12274) (12275) (12276) (12277) (12278) (12279) ... (16355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Alfryd, Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.