Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688341 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12425) (12426) (12427) (12428) (12429) (12430) (12431) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

Umar Sadiq is an embarrassment to the SE that's what's wrong.

Are Eguavon hands tied, l wonder. He has enough game time and training to be know he is too poor for the SE.

He cannot produce what he does not have.

It creates disharmony in the camp when players can see merit is not the over riding consideration. Sadiq has had enough time, let Olayinka, Onyekuru show what they have

Thankfully we have Awoniyi who has done well enough.

You just want to bash the guy.

This is a simple conundrum. You have a player who performs well at club level but is struggling with confidence issues at national level. There is nothing like he is a disgrace bla bla bla, you are one of the people contributing to the downfall of the player.

We saw the same thing happen with Nacho at Leicester, the talent was there but lack of confidence made him look like he doesn't know how to play football. Look at what a little confidence from Rodgers two seasons ago did to his career.

The only thing we can do for the guy is encourage him to help him get his confidence back. We went to this tournament with 2 CFs, Olayinka and Onyekuru are wingers traditionally. If Sadiq regains confidence, it will be for the good of the team. If he doesn't, then Awoniyi is our only natural CF and if anything happens to him injury wise we are finished.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
samtol4:
Three goalkeepers for Comoros won't be available. I hope the host country won't use covid 19 to win cup.

This looks like clear ojoro.

So if we mistakenly meet them now they'll say Simon, Ekong, Ndidi, Aribo, Nacho, Okoye, Uzohor, and Aina don catch Coro?

Thunder fire them.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
drDoom3:
I feel the same way about Ghana as I do about Tunisia (and I did about Egypt too before our first game).

Two top teams with good history, but currently pretenders. Teams like that are overhyped and easy to beat, and when you beat them it will boost your confidence, add to your momentum, increase your rankings and make you more feared.

In contrast, teams like Mali and Burkina Faso are the teams I fear the most.

Very low profile, but they can give you a run for your money. They don't look the strongest on paper, but on a good day they will beat you silly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
PurpleHouse:

This looks like clear ojoro.

So if we mistakenly meet them now they'll say Simon, Ekong, Ndidi, Aribo, Nacho, Okoye, Uzohor, and Aina don catch Coro?

Thunder fire them.

Leave that thing abeg. Why will Cameroon do ojoro against Comoros? Ojoro they didn't use against Burkina? Abeg leave that thing. Comoro started having COVID scaress before they were officially paired with Cameroon self.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
lovewins:

First, you need to realize that if you knew better you'll be the coach of the Eagles and not Eguavon.
Sometimes we need to at least give the coach some credit that he knows what he's doing. A coach sees beyond what's on the field of play, he is probably privy to the potential that the boy carries and maybe also aware to what's keeping Sadiq from maximizing his potential. That said, Eguavon is not fixated on Sadiq and doesn't always talk about him, you only hear of him repeatedly cause the press keeps questioning him about the guy

The proposition that you present in the bold is without merit. I will give you mine.

If you know better, have unquestionable integrity, are uncompromising on merit and have outstanding knowledge with high level experiential competence. The NFF will certainly not appoint you as SE coach.

There is absolutely nothing that Eguavon is privy to compared to his club coaches Sadiq has trained with and played for week in week out in Europe for years. These clubs coaches know more about his football attributes than Eguavon.

Eguavon is an experienced Coach , and you don't need weeks to know if a player has nothing to offer.

You don't come to the SE to learn work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

Umar Sadiq is an embarrassment to the SE that's what's wrong.

Are Eguavon hands tied, l wonder. He has enough game time and training to be know he is too poor for the SE.

He cannot produce what he does not have.

It creates disharmony in the camp when players can see merit is not the over riding consideration. Sadiq has had enough time, let Olayinka, Onyekuru show what they have

Thankfully we have Awoniyi who has done well enough.

Umar sadiq is not an embarrassment

Even player wey miss empty net no be embarrassment ,Na goal e miss e no kill person

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
drDoom3:

Leave that thing abeg. Why will Cameroon do ojoro against Comoros? Ojoro they didn't use against Burkina? Abeg leave that thing. Comoro started having COVID scaress before they were officially paired with Cameroon self.

If you have studied Nocolo Machiavelli's book—"The Prince," you will understand me and won't reason this way.

Let me give you one: "The end JUSTIFIES the means."

It doesn't matter how you win, how you get your results, whether it's fair or not, whether it is by crook or by chance, do anything to win.

That's all I see here.

Why hasn't any of their players tested to Coro? Na only their opponents. Just wait for their next opponents, we will come back to this topic.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na now una realise say four gk make sense

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Y'all shouldn't fear we won't meet Cameroon. Ivory Coast will remove Cameroon for us. Like I said earlier, Burkina Faso and Gabon will end in penalties. wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You think to score in the Spanish league 2 is that easy ?

He has scored 1 goal in this afcon at least ,maybe he should have scored an hatrick against guinea Bissau to impress you ,who knows

It's not easy to score in any league just much easier in some leagues than others.

The two highest Goal scorers in the league are 35 and 40 they are not world class players more like retiring players.

First time I saw Sadiq, years ago , l thought there was something wrong with his feet. Because he is always falling down. Unfortunately he has not changed over the years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Paul Onuachu scores

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by habayommy: 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Super Eagles please make us smile today.

BTW, Did anyone watch Olise against Liverpool today? He was a torn on Liverpool defenders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Quick question: I thought the officials testing the teams for COVID are independent?? I thought they weren't majorly made up of the host country?
Cos all Cameroon opponents testing positive for COVID-19 but it seems the Cameroonians are invincible grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Zanistico:

No be only 5. Because na PS5 we dey play abi?
Don’t worry see you after the match �
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
What website are we watching the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

It's not easy to score in any league just much easier in some leagues than others.

The two highest Goal scorers in the league are 35 and 40 they are not world class players more like retiring players.

First time I saw Sadiq, years ago , l thought there was something wrong with his feet. Because he is always falling down. Unfortunately he has not changed over the years.
Here and Now Sadiq is the best striker since he scored in our last game because that is what striker are known for and that's goals

LOLZ

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Gabon's Bouanga playing like a lower version of Simon Moses grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
12large1:
What website are we watching the game
Viprow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

And the top scorers in the championship are world class ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You brought up that statement and you expect me to do the analysis ?

You said they are better than us man to man ,prove it

Should I speak Spanish, you imagine things in your mind then ascribe your false narrative to someone else.

Please show where I said Ghana are better than us ,❓❓

Let me reiterate, l said we have a much better goalkeeper than them.

But we are not comprehensively better than them in any other area.

Comprehensive means - including or dealing with all or nearly all elements or aspects of something

I used the diction debatable depending on perspective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 6:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
samtol4:
AFCON: Comoros to field outfield player as goalkeeper vs Cameroon after Covid outbreak in squad
Comoros' first-choice goalkeeper Salim Ben Boina is injured and their other two keepers, Ali Ahamada and Moyadh Ousseni, are isolating; watch how Comoros get on vs hosts Cameroon on Monday in the Africa Cup of Nation
See gobe
V. Abubakar come to mind.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

Should I speak Spanish, you imagine things in your mind then ascribe your false narrative to someone else.

Please show where I said Ghana are better than us ,❓❓

Let me reiterate, l said we have a much better goalkeeper than them.

But we are not comprehensively better than them in any other area.

Comprehensive means - including or dealing with all or nearly all elements or aspects of something

I used the diction debatable depending on perspective.

You said Ghana are the better side man to man and on paper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
safarigirl:

It is you that first said they are equal to us

Na you go do analysis first, then Andrew can counter

As long as you have not brought up facts to back your claim, it is just a claim that stems from your emotive bias.

You more than anybody should understand the meaning of words.

I said again l reiterate , apart from the goalkeeper we are not COMPREHENSIVELY better than them.

I went further to say it's debatable depending on your perspective.

That does not mean equal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Burkina Faso players are useless and selfish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
samtol4:
Three goalkeepers for Comoros won't be available. I hope the host country won't use covid 19 to win cup.

This thought came to my mind a few days ago, that what if all the three goalies test positive?

The kind thing wey coro dey cause sef.

Who go come Keep for Comoros now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
kingphilip:

Didn't they come with 4 goalkeepers?
I think they with came with three
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Icon4s:

This thought came to my mind a few days ago, that what if all the three goalies test positive?

The kind thing wey coro dey cause sef.

Who go come Keep for Comoros now?
one of the players will keep o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
If Burkina Faso learned to play like a team, they'd by 3-0 right now. Too much showboating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

You more than anybody should understand the meaning of words.

I said again l reiterate , apart from the goalkeeper we are not COMPREHENSIVELY better than them.

I went further to say it's debatable depending on your perspective.

That does not mean equal.

So, what are you then saying?

If you say we are not comprehensively better, does that then, not imply, that we are somewhat at par with them?

Does parity not connote equality?

Run me through your thought process, if you don't mind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Y'all shouldn't fear we won't meet Cameroon. Ivory Coast will remove Cameroon for us. Like I said earlier, Burkina Faso and Gabon will end in penalties. wink
Na covid Cameroon go first use deplete the Civ squad, before the actual beating
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You said Ghana are the better side man to man and on paper

I really don't want to descend to elementary comprehension.

But I've just reiterated to you what I said in case you got confused.

And you are telling me what I said.

Maybe somebody needs to explain to you , because I give up.

The bold is just simply NOT TRUE a figment of your over active imagination.

Or should I say it's a big fat LIE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12425) (12426) (12427) (12428) (12429) (12430) (12431) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.