Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,652 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11761897 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12454) (12455) (12456) (12457) (12458) (12459) (12460) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
dkay51:

Lol, rest abeg...Maduka is pipe, and showed exactly that today, we've been saying it since but nooo, we dont like fine boys.

Maduka made only one save in that game... The low curler. The other shot was blocked by Omeruo onto a Tunisia player from where offside was blown.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Icon4s:

Ogbeni continue Celebrating your failure.
You celebrate when you fail. Keep it up. Enjoy your celebrations.

Get out

Old man with no self-respect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Who limped? Is it Ekong or Omeruo? Is it Sanusi that was up and down the field? Definitely not Aina. He put in a mad shift today. I am sure you are not talking about Ndidi. He was a monster workhorse today. Is it Awoniy that was covering right and left of the field? Is it Iheanacho that the Tunisians even had to go physical. He was up and down the field.

I know you are not talking of Simon. We can not debate how had he worked today. Aribo. Come on. He gave his all. Is it Olayinka or Sadiq? Definitely not. What of Chukwueze? He tried now.

So how did we limp when these guys gave us full energy.
I agree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
codemaniacs:

Chuks is a winger so he doesn't really need support from the midfield he needs support from the fullback playing his wing but Nigeria was more focused on Moses Simon wing instead of using both wings and Chuks was playing like the fullback today...

No...

Midfield support is very key to wing play. When in tight areas, the midfield provides support to help the winger keep possession, and also for touch and go movements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sadly, Nigerians are on Maduka Okoye's Instagram page trolling him.. embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Chuks should drop to the bench after this. Dennis and Ejuke should be tried there and compete.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
darkelf:

Old man

Don't ever in your miserable life call me a failure

We banter here and I have never insulted you. So please Sir, resect your old age.

Don't let us turn this thread into something chaotic.

I have warned you Sha

You do not banter

You insult people's sensibilities and spit on their optimism

You're too much of a coward to show up when we win, because you cannot take what you dish, but the moment we lose, you come dancing in here in your clown suit to make mockery of your own misery

You do not have an inkling what banter is like, so, you better go back to your classes and learn the basics

You display severe failure behaviour here every other day, and people are allowed to call you whatever they wish. Even a sadist has moments when they rest

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
COOL10:
They said we don't need Victor Moses, that all our wingers are better than him. Some say he's proud and lacks commitment.

They said we don't need Odion Ighalo, that all our strikers are better than him. That he's old and should have never come out of retirement.

Some said we don't need Dessers, that he's a broiler and not suited for African football.

Someone on Twitter told Dennis that Ekong would come back with the winners medal and he would have none. Some even celebrated his recent shortcomings.

Nigerians, I hail una. Let us enjoy our defeat.
You no go like off your data?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

The tactics was too late. He is tactically inept.

The coach made two early changes. So how was that too late?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caylakays: 11:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
The truth is,,, the fault was from the coach....
He kept using the same tactics, so it will be easy to figure u out.
Moses simon isn't really the Messiah we seek....
He lost so many ball and couldn't make any crucial attempt unlike before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Famocious:

That is international football for you... Same issue Sadiq and co. faced. If you don't perform with the opportunity you have, you get trolled.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Odunayaw:
[b][/b]So what does Tuchel and UCL have to do with reading match

Abeg! Leave me. Reading of games don’t take years to do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
safarigirl:

You do not banter

You insult people's sensibilities and spit on their optimism

You're too much of a coward to show up when we win, because you cannot take what you dish, but the moment we lose, you come dancing in here in your clown suit to make mockery of your own misery

You do not have an inkling what banter is like, so, you better go back to your classes and learn the basics

You display severe failure behaviour here every other day, and people are allowed to call you whatever they wish. Even a sadist has moments when they rest

Aunty go and sleep

Your drooling over okoye, see wetin e cause

Don't drool next time or do it in your closet

We have lost and no amount of insults to my person can change it

Next time, be humble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
codemaniacs:

Chuks is a winger so he doesn't really need support from the midfield he needs support from the fullback playing his wing but Nigeria was more focused on Moses Simon wing instead of using both wings and Chuks was playing like the fullback today...
chucks was poor the whole tournament. he's basically one of our worst player in this afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Was it before or after they scored?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
What is the true picture of play? Oga, is football no more a competition? Is either a team wins or lose

We were in Afcon to win and not to come and play sexy football with no directness and no shot at goal for a whole half and expect to win.

Please did we go to Afcon to party or jamboree.

We were simply not good today and the better team won clean and fair.

Hope we learnt another vital lesson of football today.
TheGoodJoe:

Shot on goal does not paint the true picture of play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nomyth:

I'm sorry, but Eguaveon to go!

I hate to see it when a coach has no plan B at all, just looked so clueless when his initial plan was not working.

Even me that knows nothing about football tactic saw it that the moment Simon is caged, we may be rendered ineffective. I mentioned this yesterday.

A tactically savvy coach should be able to come up with something when ur initial plan does not work.

Plus , he is too predictable sef.

And to think this man was a student of westerhoof.

Total disappointment.
Iwobi was the plan B. He was about to switch things up and then the red card happened. It was just an unfortunate situation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
otokx:

The manager lost the game pure and simple.

Footall is more complex than that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Famocious:

It is expected.

Someone they were trolling when he never even do mistake, is it now that he made a costly mistake they will not troll him?

He should talk to Iwobi and Iheanacho. Iheanacho limited his comment section some years back, and has not opened it back till now, Ekong even left the social media totally.

He should limit his comment section. They can take their hate to Instablog

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
soetanoreoluwa:
Lemme go back to make work,

Small breakfast here and there.

The utmost breakfast was 2018 WC. My heart stopped pumping. I was lifeless lol.

Bad luck everywhere.
bro...for me, na that Algeria match o. I said let me go urinate so I can settle down for extra time. I entered inside only to see my brother almost crying on the floor with his hands on his head. I turned to the TV and I saw Mahrez jubilating. Chai...I couldn't eat that night.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
If you play FIFA you will know that is happens in football. You are winning games and then all of a sudden some one outsmarts you and then you lose. Having played 1000s of matches this Nigeria game is like one of those. It is just that it is in real life lol. We move...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otokx(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
superbloke:

Iwobi was the plan B. He was about to switch things up and then the red card happened. It was just an unfortunate situation.

About to in second half abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

It was too late.

Chuks should not have started that second half. The midfield had been overrun a long time ago, it was glaring to the eyes.

When you see your tactics neutralized in the first half, you change them at half time and come in with new tactics. We came into that second half with the same "long ball to Simon and inshallah" strategy and got punished for it. As a coach if you see your strategy being neutralized on pitch you change it there and then self, you don't wait until half time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
darkelf:

Aunty go and sleep

Your drooling over okoye, see wetin e cause

Don't drool next time or do it in your closet

We have lost and no amount of insults to my person can change it

Next time, be humble

Then shut up and collect the insult like a man.

Shebi you fit chest anything?

It's all banter, including the insult.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
darkelf:

Old man

Don't ever in your miserable life call me a failure

We banter here and I have never insulted you. So please Sir, resect your old age.

Don't let us turn this thread into something chaotic.

I have warned you Sha
You are 20 right?small poking your finger dey shake, you can't spell correctly again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
owbabs:
If you play FIFA you will know that is happens in football. You are winning games and then all of a sudden some one outsmarts you and then you lose. Having played 1000s of matches this Nigeria game is like one of those. It is just that it is in real life lol. We move...

Even in FIFA or PES you have alternative strategies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

No...

Midfield support is very key to wing play. When in tight areas, the midfield provides support to help the winger keep possession, and also for touch and go movements.

you're right but for touch and go movements a player needs to pass in a triangular or quadrilateral pattern which usually involves the striker , the winger, the wing-back or fullback and the midfield..

or if there are only two players then quick one two..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

Abeg! Leave me. Reading of games don’t take years to do.
You're arguing with yourself baba yii because I no know where you see me drag with you on reading games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Okoye shouldn't come to England. It will end in tears, deep down he knows he's not good enough for professional football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
drDoom3:

I wouldn't say the coach is tactically inept. More like the coach did not recognize when his tactics expired and when he needed to change up things here and there. He got a good tactic, but he was too rigid with him and the Tunisians capitalized on it to bite us.

Lol. Na d same thing we dey talk but in a different way. He is tactically expired and tactically inept na same thing. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
safarigirl:

It is expected.

Someone they were trolling when he never even do mistake, is it now that he made a costly mistake they will not troll him?

He should talk to Iwobi and Iheanacho. Iheanacho limited his comment section some years back, and has not opened it back till now, Ekong even left the social media totally.

He should limit his comment section. They can take their hate to Instablog

True.. Osimhen has also adopted similar tactics..

(1) (2) (3) ... (12454) (12455) (12456) (12457) (12458) (12459) (12460) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joebie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.