Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11681421 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12477) (12478) (12479) (12480) (12481) (12482) (12483) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Cavani is a better player than osimhen Anyday any anytime

All teams will prefer to buy a young player than someone close to retirement

Even goat messi and Cr7 teams will go for mbappe haaland than them ,I guess mbappe and Haaland is better than Messi ans cr7

Common sense is not common before you begin type uneccessary epistle with blue fonts and end up Saying nothing

Cavani is a better player than osimhen today ,put him in seria A with regular game time and watch the Warey stat pad

Watch this and see that CR7 cannot offer this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnHcqEjUhQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:
Chelsea are going to give Cavani a year contract.

Man is a legend, tested at both club and country level.

In recent years chelsea hasn't sign a striker (main) without 20+ goals in a season.

Why will they give him a year?

You know the answer but just want to argue. They should have given him four years. If they sign Osimhen, will they give him a year or a long term contract?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Watch this and see that CR7 cannot offer this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnHcqEjUhQ

As usual ,to pollute everywhere with trash and meaningless narrative
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:

The dumbest excuse ever.

Mumu man

You are already a wasted life fücking ashawo 1k, so there is no point wasting time on you because you don't measure up grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6951397/experience-after-first-ever-sex

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You know the answer but just want to argue. They should have given him four years. If they sign Osimhen, will they give him a year or a long term contract?

You are not making sense ,you are showing your real self

You know football doesn’t work this way and players won’t play forever ,yet you want Chelsea to give a 35 year old 5 year contract ,you are not even making sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

You are already a wasted life fücking ashawo 1k, so there is no point wasting time on you because you don't measure up grin

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I guess Haaland is better than Ronaldo

So osimhen can give you the type of goals cavani will give you

All teams will choose a young player than someone close to retirement ,you want a team to invest in a 35 year old that’s close to retirement

Stop clowning and twisting narrative because that’s what you are good at

Why can’t you be smart and ask yourself how many player close to retirement will still be playing for a top club like Man U ?

This arguement with you is over before you pollute everywhere

Thank you

Saying clowning and switching narrative does not give your point wait.

I did not say Ronaldo is not a brilliant player but there is so little he can do over the young ones. Manchester City will rush Mbappe over him. Simple. They will rush Haaland over him.

He can not put in the defensive shift. He is not going to go in head to head with defenders as compared to the young ones.

The goals is not the only thing needed from strikers today. You pick one attribute while these guys offer loads.

These guys are offering more than goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO6-ffp7uVk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are not making sense ,you are showing your real self

You know football doesn’t work this way and players won’t play forever ,yet you want Chelsea to give a 35 year old 5 year contract ,you are not even making sense

That is the whole point of the question. It is not abot history but what they can offer today. So what are you arguing when you get the whole point. CR7 can even try but Cavani is way off now. Some games coach will play Rashford in attack over him.

Haba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Windscribe: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Judging my Osimhen past and present goal records, he's not in the calibre of strikers chelsea fc would consider in the first place.

The highest league goals he has scored was 13, chelsea would rather bring in an old striker, like they got, Old Falcao, Higuain, Eto'o than sign a young average striker.

Chelsea signing Osimhen would have been possible in the past when they got young players (Omeruo, De bruyne, Van Ginkel, Lukaku, Salah, zouma) they got these players for FUTURE, but they don't do this anymore.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Saying clowning and switching narrative does not give your point wait.

I did not say Ronaldo is not a brilliant player but there is so little he can do over the young ones. Manchester City will rush Mbappe over him. Simple. They will rush Haaland over him.

He can not put in the defensive shift. He is not going to go in head to head with defenders as compared to the young ones.

The goals is not the only thing needed from strikers today. You pick one attribute while these guys offer loads.

These guys are offering more than goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO6-ffp7uVk

Goals are what’s needed from strikers

A striker cannot play 30 games and not score a goal ,he will be labelled a flop ,if you are playing as a top 9 you need to be getting the goals ,stop giving flimsy excuses

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Imagine a lowlife wey still dey use ordinary 2k(wey no reach to smoke two sticks of quality cigarettes) as pocket money, dey call me mumu because this na faceless forum grin

A dirty thing that rolls with his fellow pigs(ashawo 1K dem) dey open mouth for me? Chai wetin man no go see for here grin

Ashawo wey cost only 1K, bros imagine how the kpekus go dey smell and the kind of pigs eating the kpekus grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

Imagine a lowlife wey still dey use ordinary 2k(wey no reach to smoke two sticks of quality cigarettes) as pocket money, dey call me mumu because this na faceless forum grin

A dirty thing that rolls with his fellow pigs(ashawo 1K dem) dey open mouth for me? Chai wetin man no go see for here grin

2k for ashawo

I reserve my comment grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Windscribe: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

E pain am grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

2k for ashawo

I reserve my comment grin

Ashawo wey cost only 1K, bros imagine how the kpekus go dey smell and the kind of pigs eating the kpekus grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

That is the whole point of the question. It is not abot history but what they can offer today. So what are you arguing when you get the whole point. CR7 can even try but Cavani is way off now. Some games coach will play Rashford in attack over him.

Haba.

Don’t worry

You might just watch an old 35 year old Edin dzeko help inter to win the league

Hope you know that a 40 year old zlatan offered more than many young seria A strikers last season ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:

E pain am grin grin grin

Na so grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

Ashawo 1k Na iron condemn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Windscribe: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

Na so grin
E insult pain baba, he had to go dig my fictional thread created out of boredom. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Goals are what’s needed from strikers

A striker cannot play 30 games and not score a goal ,he will be labelled a flop ,if you are playing as a top 9 you need to be getting the goals ,stop giving flimsy excuses

Please, striker today is more than just goals. That is old school talk.

The Evolving Role of Strikers in modern Football

But there is a growing breed of forwards who are following the footsteps of Bayern Munich’s Thomas Mueller, Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino, Lazio’s Ciro Immobile or even Lorenzo Insigne of Napoli. They operate just like a joker in a pack of cards. They will exploit half-spaces, create a window for their teammates, drag their markers out of their position, and while doing this, won’t shy away from scoring critical goals for their team.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/sports/the-evolving-role-of-strikers-in-modern-football

Read the article, enlighten yourself and understand there is more to attackers today than just goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ashawo 1k Na iron condemn

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:

E insult pain baba, he had to go dig by fictional thread created out of boredom. grin grin grin

Na so grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Don’t worry

You might just watch an old 35 year old Edin dzeko help inter to win the league

Hope you know that a 40 year old zlatan offered more than many young seria A strikers last season ?

Inter will drop Edin Dzeko tomorrow morning if Lukaku comes back. Also, Dzeko offers far more to the team than just scoring. Remember he was a free transfer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:

Judging my Osimhen past and present goal records, he's not in the calibre of strikers chelsea fc would consider in the first place.

The highest league goals he has scored was 13, chelsea would rather bring in an old striker, like they got, Old Falcao, Higuain, Eto'o than sign a young average striker.

Chelsea signing Osimhen would have been possible in the past when they got young players (Omeruo, De bruyne, Van Ginkel, Lukaku, Salah, zouma) they got these players for FUTURE, but they don't do this anymore.

I did not ask for history. I said, who will Chelsea prefer today. Osimhen or Cavani. Very simple. Choose one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Inter will drop Edin Dzeko tomorrow morning if Lukaku comes back. Also, Dzeko offers far more to the team than just scoring. Remember he was a free transfer.

We are not talking about lukaku here and nobody said dzeko is better than lukaku .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

Lawd have mercy!!! Imagine, na so person go dey waste him time dey argue with someone wey him cerebrum no dey for alignment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

We are not talking about lukaku here and nobody said dzeko is better than lukaku .

You brought in Dzeko. I am telling you despite history and Rep, they will kick him out of Inter If Lukaku comes.

If Osimhen was in Inter, Dzeko will bench.

Roma let him go for free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
very painful bro

i was heart broken last night cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The boys should be in Nigeria by now. Eguavoen's daughters had to facetime their popc to make sure he was encouraged.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
Windscribe:
Where is that useless whóre Safarigirl ? She is no where to be found after the abysmal performance of her imaginary lover, You're a law graduate but all over Twitter distracting our goalie, public display of shame untop person wey no fit look your side, a boy that should be 15 years your junior.

The men on this thread are not left out, this thread is officially the most useless thread on this forum, more like a beer parlour, gathering of ogogoro freaks, they let the hype get into the boys head.

Fools everywhere, see one of them up there saying Osimhen is better Edinson Cavani, imagine saying a boy that hasn't shown anything is better than a legend with over 400career goals, fools.
Imagine these ogogoro freaks are still out here making mouth after the humiliation in garoua yesterday night, our boys lost to a team with 12 players out with covid.

This thread should be moved to the joke section.

Your FADA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You brought in Dzeko. I am telling you despite history and Rep, they will kick him out of Inter If Lukaku comes.

He won’t play forever oga,dzeko is 35 maybe you where expecting a new 5 year contract at Roma

Lukaku has better goal ratio than dzeko despite being 7 years younger and dzeko is just few Career goals against of him

You should know the better player here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
ChrisKels:
Seems I am the only one not pained by this loss. Actually, I got distracted by the world cup playoff draw and I wanted the Eagles home early, as a wake-up call in order to give me a better outing in the double header against Ghana. I felt if we had stayed longer at the AFCON, the boys probably would have been complacent against Ghana. Now that they are hurt by this loss, they would wanna atone for it by qualifying for the world cup. I'm not perturbed.
Let me ask you a question. What exactly are we going to do at the world Cup? What is the objective going to the world cup? We couldn't get to the Quater finals of the Afcon, do you think we have the potential to go deep into the world cup knockout rounds?
I have heard people say they prefer to go out of the Afcon now and make the world cup as if we are really going to play more than 3 mandatory games in Qatar.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Make we see Keeper wey dey ginger teammates like dia Enyeama or Ramsdale, or we get a rather quiet De Gea that keeps Saving and frustrating opponents build up. Or the Defence becomes like Liverpool or we get a KDB that if everyone else is flopping, he wakes up with a big bang and gets a goal. Our Team Ginger is average. Better days ahead. Two major Tournament ahead. Two major matches before Qatar. Its going to be busy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Android22: 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Roma did not let him go for free. He refused a new contract and signed with Inter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12477) (12478) (12479) (12480) (12481) (12482) (12483) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ikanium(m), zicky(m), Philosopher1979, bennie1980(m), maidaboi(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.