Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,657 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11839768 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mybettingtips(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
junnyjake:

Manutd signed bailly for £30 million.

Mohammed Salah is the most expensive. Liverpool completed the signing of Salah from Roma for a record £35million
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Wilshere and Sturridge were bright talents before Bolton. Sturridge was one of the best players to come out from City academy. He was like our brightest talent at that time. Even had more clout than Brahim Diaz has now.

Bolton gave both of them the platform to showcase their talents. I knew Wilshere well and had his clips before the Bolton move.

They did well because of different factors. One keyboard their abilities. Another was their early training under quality coaches. Then working with Owen Coyle who is also a brilliant manager and plays a fine expressive kind of football also helped nurturing them.

It is funny thinking the 90 minutes games were what moulded Sturridge and Wilshere.

You see why I use the term amateur in this line of thinking.

You basically left out the back story. If you look behind-the-scenes more, you will respect to hard work of managers. Amateur viewers only watch TV and feel that is all that count.

Amateur viewers only watch TV and feel that is all that count shocked

As you seem very generous with your use of the words amateur and amateurish in reference to other people's views, let's find our abit more about your association with the game.

I will start off this one. 1 have not played professionally but I have played and officiated for less well known clubs in England. I am involved in coaching kids in south west london during term time and I have written the odd column in football publications. I have held Trueblue membership at Chelsea for well over a decade and see 20+ games every season live mostly @ the East Stand Upper. I don't know everything but I know a fair bit about the game. Your turn.

Back to the debate at hand. I used Wilshere and Sturridge as examples of players who arguably benefitted MORE from PLAYING week in week out then playing peripheral roles at their parent club. I DID NOT even remotely suggest that both weren't excellent prospects or players before going out on loan.

The '90 minutes' games did not mould them into being the players they became. And again I did not say it did. What it did was give them the OPPORTUNITY and CONFIDENCE to do what they were always capable of and also a chance to MATURE by playing with the big boys instead of U21 football. By the way I had known about Wilshere before he signed for Arsenal. He was known all over Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire as a 'future England player' even at 11 years old.

In my opinion Owen Coyle did more in developing both of the above examples than Arsenal or Chelsea ever did. Another example is Lukaku, who would we say 'trained' him or 'moulded' him, Anderlecht? Chelsea? West Brom? Everton? Or maybe even Mourinho at Man Utd?

He has ALWAYS been an exceptional talent and attributing his development to any one manager or more to one than another would be fraud in my book. He scored tons of goals playing for West Brom as a 19 year old!

Like his false 9, Pep Guardiola is a false prophet and is scared to pieces of being found out he has gone hyper! In one year (1 YEAR!!!) at Manchester City he has signed:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc
Dude has squandered over £400m on what was already a world class team in just 12 months. I am amazed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
kennysville:

Haba, my friend. No wahala. You see all the world class, highly tactical coach we dey hear so, it must translate to trophies. Or else? Hmm ok I dey wait na.
What other lesson does a striker need than to put the ball into the net? See me o! Aguero that will get injured and still come to score hat tricks is the one developing under guardiola abi? Haba ... no kwament!

Countdown to the first match has begun. The one wey we enter so, Guadiola and all guadiolans will all be charged with fraud and malicious intent for this nairaland. All this development must sha translate to champions league trophy. No one should come make excuses if it doesnt happen. Me i dey wait.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
tbaba1234:
Stephen Odey has abandoned CHAN team for another trial in Sweden.

Seriously?? Is this right?

If the trial fails, he misses his national team opportunity.

mistcheew his is not serious with his career,

and who is that crooked agent mis-advising him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

As you seem very generous with your use of the words amateur and amateurish in reference to other people's views, let's find our abit more about your association with the game.

I will start off this one. 1 have not played professionally but I have played and officiated for less well known clubs in England. I am involved in coaching kids in south west london during term time and I have written the odd column in football publications. I have held Trueblue membership at Chelsea for well over a decade and see 20+ games every season live mostly @ the East Stand Upper. I don't know everything but I know a fair bit about the game. Your turn.

Back to the debate at hand. I used Wilshere and Sturridge as examples of players who arguably benefitted MORE from PLAYING week in week out then playing peripheral roles at their parent club. I DID NOT even remotely suggest that both weren't excellent prospects or players before going out on loan.

The '90 minutes' games did not mould them into being the players they became. And again I did not say it did. What it did was give them the OPPORTUNITY and CONFIDENCE to do what they were always capable of and also a chance to MATURE by playing with the big boys instead of U21 football. By the way I had known about Wilshere before he signed for Arsenal. He was known all over Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire as a 'future England player' even at 11 years old.

In my opinion Owen Coyle did more in developing both of the above examples than Arsenal or Chelsea ever did. Another example is Lukaku, who would we say 'trained' him or 'moulded' him, Anderlecht? Chelsea? West Brom? Everton? Or maybe even Mourinho at Man Utd?

He has ALWAYS been an exceptional talent and attributing his development to any one manager or more to one than another would be fraud in my book. He scored tons of goals playing for West Brom as a 19 year old!

Like his false 9, Pep Guardiola is a false prophet and is scared to pieces of being found out he has gone hyper! In one year (1 YEAR!!!) at Manchester City he has signed:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc
Dude has squandered over £400m on what was already a world class team in just 12 months. I am amazed.

what abt gebriel Jesus,

pep wanna buy success right We shall see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc

Omo! See analysis. . . . . You don talk am finish... Give this man Henessy abeg! You too much

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
Many of our NPFL players will rather choose the opportunity of going on trial in Europe than get a chance to be in the CHAN team. Not like I support such "bad" behavior, but how many players CHAN epp?

tbaba1234:
Stephen Odey has abandoned CHAN team for another trial in Sweden.

Seriously?? Is this right?

If the trial fails, he misses his national team opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc
Dude has squandered over £400m on what was already a world class team in just 12 months. I am amazed

If you know coaches work so hard behind the scenes, why are you fighting tooth and nail to make it look as if the work behind the scenes do not count. If they do count and you have spent time watching the growth of players behind the scenes, I do not get what is the problem.

I said Iheanacho has gained working with Guardiola. I personally even before Guardiola came wanted him learning under such environment to mould him into a professional. Whether playing or not. Morata grew into a quality forward without much game time.

Playing is for showing what you have learnt. Not development. The work is on the training pitch. It takes effort and hard work. That was why I was more interested in Iheanacho. I want that discipline because it is critical for him to achieve much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
Lets not forget that no one has talked about him goofing on his almighty beloved claudio Bravo, whom he favored over Joe Hart. We all know the result. Na laying of eggs(sorry ... Conceding goals)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc

So do not analyse and say Playing games made Sturridge and Wilshere develop who they became. The work behind the scenes moulded them even before they arrived Bolton. Owen Coyle did the final grooming and showed the World how exceptional they are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Joebie:
Improve Aguero? grin

Rosler, now in charge at League One side Fleetwood Town, also commented on the improvements Aguero has made under former Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

"When you compare Aguero from last season to this season, you can see a massive change," Rosler continued.

"A change in terms of courage, high-speed running and a willingness to counter-press.

"Plus, he still scores goals. You can see Aguero is trying to buy into the ideals of Guardiola."

https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2017/03/26/man-city-must-keep-much-improved-aguero-insists-rosler/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Joebie:
At this point TheGoodJoe , let me ask you a typical nairaland question. Are you Pep's agent? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have been called a Siasia agent, a Keshi agent etc. Pep agent is just promotion. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

Mendy - £50m
Stones - £50m
Walker - £45m
Sane - £43m
B Silva - £43m
Ederson - £34
Jesus - £27m
Danilo - £26m
Gundogan - 23m
Bravo - £16m
Nolito - £15m
Douglas Luis - £10m
M Moreno- £5m
G Rulli - £4m
Etc etc

poor poor analysis.

First of all spending money does not mean winning titles, so when Pep wins titles don't come here and tell us that he bought the title, case study- Real Madrid. Years and years of Galacticos, only one league title and no champions league, then they started grooming their young academy players and guess what? B2B champions league titles. So that is a poor analogy really.

Second, Man City's backling before Pep came was calamity Hart, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy/Sagna, Kolarov. Apart from Kompany, who else is world class there? So which world class team did he inherit? Not to mention that these guys are above 30, almost all of them anyways. The midfield? A 32 year old Toure is the main guy in the midfield, not that he is bad, far from it but at his age, he should be an integral part yes but not the main focal point. Then you have Aguero in attack, I always said he isn't world class and Pep came and I guess he saw the light too, so yes Man City needed a complete overhaul

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mickael2:

poor poor analysis.

First of all spending money does not mean winning titles, so when Pep wins titles don't come here and tell us that he bought the title, case study- Real Madrid. Years and years of Galacticos, only one league title and no champions league, then they started grooming their young academy players and guess what? B2B champions league titles. So that is a poor analogy really.

Second, Man City's backling before Pep came was calamity Hart, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy/Sagna, Kolarov. Apart from Kompany, who else is world class there? So which world class team did he inherit? Not to mention that these guys are above 30, almost all of them anyways. The midfield? A 32 year old Toure is the main guy in the midfield, not that he is bad, far from it but at his age, he should be an integral part yes but not the main focal point. Then you have Aguero in attack, I always said he isn't world class and Pep came and I guess he saw the light too, so yes Man City needed a complete overhaul

Haha you gave me giggles there. The Galacticos only won one league title? 99/2000 and 2000/2001 champions leagues have been erased from the history books? How old are you if I am may ask?

By mentioning the Galacticos, are you attempting to make a case for spending unprecendented amounts of money and failing thereby placing Pep in good company?

Are you insinuating that madrids successes in the last 8 yrs or so has been down to using youth players?

Have you attempted to compare Manchester City's defence records pre Guardiola and post Guardiola? How did Pellegrini survive with the likes of Demichelis and still managed to win the league?

Do you remember how much Man City paid for Mangala? Was he not bought for world class money?

Toure who Pep did not even want to give a game is the main guy in midfield? Never mind Toure is still on one of the highest wages in the BPL But Fernandinho, Silva etc no?

Which team needed more of a rebuild at the start of last season, Chelsea (who came 10th) or Man City?

Aguero is not world class?? So let's understand your thoughts, Kompany is a world class defender but Aguero is not a world class striker? Wonderful

With respect my friend you don't know what you are talking about.

In fact you win. All of you. I give up.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
you go answer many questions oh. Make season start first.

TheGoodJoe:

Rosler, now in charge at League One side Fleetwood Town, also commented on the improvements Aguero has made under former Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

"When you compare Aguero from last season to this season, you can see a massive change," Rosler continued.

"A change in terms of courage, high-speed running and a willingness to counter-press.

"Plus, he still scores goals. You can see Aguero is trying to buy into the ideals of Guardiola."

https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2017/03/26/man-city-must-keep-much-improved-aguero-insists-rosler/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
do4luv14:

mistcheew his is not serious with his career,

and who is that crooked agent mis-advising him
Sir Basco will soon come to his defense claiming he wanna make something for himself and his family.....
to him football is a route of survival for these lads.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Truth is any coach when get buying power and get free hand to spend go exercise the power. No hating on the likes of Pep and Mou. But all those buying must count oh when season start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
tbaba1234:
Joel Obi appears to be getting back to his best. Another pre season goal.

I would have called for his inclusion for Nigeria but it is better, he just plays for his club and prolongs his career.
I believe prior then....pep must have left the club or he would have been sacked....
the bald head coach....was first turning nacho to a driller.....
the lad by now should have gotten a diploma degree in drilling science
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Humility017:

Sir Basco will soon come to his defense claiming he wanna make something for himself and his family.....
to him football is a route of survival for these lads.....

he shouldn't be anywhere near our national team again,

his actions in indiscipline on its self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
Alhassan “Muazam” Shines For CHAN Eagles, Scores Brace In 3-1 Win Over Pillars Feeders
August 4, 2017023

Akwa United star man Alhassan Ibrahim popularly called Mu’azam fired a brace for the CHAN Eagles in their 3-1 win over Kano Pillars.

The forward who is highly regarded as one of the finest players in the Nigeria Professional Football League confirmed his ratings with two well taken goals, while El-Kanemi Warriors goal scoring midfielder Samuel Matthias scored the other for the CHAN team.

Mu’azam scored his first after nice work from Lobi Stars forward Kingsley Eduwo gave him the chance to tap home, while his second was a magnificent finish which left the shot stopper of Kano Pillars Feeders startled.

Linked with a move to Europe, Mu’azam was by far the best player for Nigeria on parade in what was the first test game of the CHAN Eagles‎ ahead of their qualifiers against Benin Republic later in the month.

Here is how CHAN Eagles lined up.

Super Eagles XI Vs Kano Pillars:
Ikechukwu Ezenwa
Akas Chima
Okoro Osas
Ariwachukwu Emmanuel
Eze Stephen
Aremu Afeez
Ibrahim Alhassan
Sikiru Olatunbosun
Samuel Mathias
Mfon Udoh
Eduwo Kingsley

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/04/alhassan-muazam-shines-for-chan-eagles-scores-brace-in-3-1-win-over-pillars-feeders/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hannover 96 Coach – We Want Olarewaju Kayode But Austria Wien…..
August 4, 201705

VIENNA,AUSTRIA,11.MAR.17 - SOCCER - tipico Bundesliga, FK Austria Wien vs WAC Wolfsberg. Image shows the rejoicing of Olarenwaju Kayode (A.Wien). Photo: GEPA pictures/ Christian Ort
Head coach of newly promoted German Bundesliga side Hannover 96 Horst Heldt has confirmed the club have been offered the chance to sign Super Eagles forward Olarewaju Kayode who plays for Austrian side Austria Wien.

Coach of Hannover 96 Heldt while confirming the interest of his team in the striker who scored 24 goals last season however lamented the fact that the player’s price tag and on pitch behaviour makes any potential deal unlikely.

” Kayode is very popular in Austria when it comes to having arguments with referees and opponents. He has what we need because he is very fast. But the 5 million euros his team are demanding is too much for us to pay”, Heldt said.

Kayode was voted the best player in the Austria League last season, where he also won the top scorer award. His fine form earned him international recognition as he made three senior national team appearance for Nigeria .

The 24 year old has been linked with a move away from the Austrian side, and coach of the team even confirmed the forward was excused from their Europa league games as he is not in the best physical and mental form to play now.

Daniel Martins

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/04/hannover-96-coach-we-want-olarewaju-kayode-but-austria-wien/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
Mybettingtips:

Mohammed Salah is the most expensive. Liverpool completed the signing of Salah from Roma for a record £35million

I even forgot about that.

He's an attacker as well..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Joebie:
you go answer many questions oh. Make season start first.

Now you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
I hope you guys know Iheanacho played for 17mins today and gave an assist to Vardy!!! He was taken off, hopefully he didn't get injured!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
Iheanacho Tees Up Leicester City Winner But Goes Off Injured In Debut Game For Leicester
August 4, 2017011 thanks @ bengine

Leicester City recovered from a goal down to beat German Bundesliga side Borrusia Monchenglabach 2-1 at the King Power stadium in their final warm up before the start of the season in England.

Borrusia Monchenglabach took a second half lead when Thorgan Hazard gave them the lead, but Leicester City drew level through Jamie Vardy who rifled home a sweet volley off a well weighted over the top pass.

Coach Craig Shakespeare handed a debut to big money buy Kelechi Iheanacho ‎, and the Nigeria wasted no time in making his presence felt by supplying the fine pass to Vardy to double the Foxes lead.

However minutes after the assist he was substituted after picking up a knock 15 minutes from full time, although the way he trudged off the pitch will soften any fear of a lengthy spell on the sideline.

Michael James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRH-N61Bls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
Joebie:
Iheanacho Tees Up Leicester City Winner But Goes Off Injured In Debut Game For Leicester
August 4, 2017011 thanks @ bengine

Leicester City recovered from a goal down to beat German Bundesliga side Borrusia Monchenglabach 2-1 at the King Power stadium in their final warm up before the start of the season in England.

Borrusia Monchenglabach took a second half lead when Thorgan Hazard gave them the lead, but Leicester City drew level through Jamie Vardy who rifled home a sweet volley off a well weighted over the top pass.

Coach Craig Shakespeare handed a debut to big money buy Kelechi Iheanacho ‎, and the Nigeria wasted no time in making his presence felt by supplying the fine pass to Vardy to double the Foxes lead.

However minutes after the assist he was substituted after picking up a knock 15 minutes from full time, although the way he trudged off the pitch will soften any fear of a lengthy spell on the sideline.

Michael James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRH-N61Bls

Nice update. Probably not back to full fitness after the holidays. Get well soon Nacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
wayodude:

Haha you gave me giggles there. The Galacticos only won one league title? 99/2000 and 2000/2001 champions leagues have been erased from the history books? How old are you if I am may ask?

By mentioning the Galacticos, are you attempting to make a case for spending unprecendented amounts of money and failing thereby placing Pep in good company?

Are you insinuating that madrids successes in the last 8 yrs or so has been down to using youth players?

Have you attempted to compare Manchester City's defence records pre Guardiola and post Guardiola? How did Pellegrini survive with the likes of Demichelis and still managed to win the league?

Do you remember how much Man City paid for Mangala? Was he not bought for world class money?

Toure who Pep did not even want to give a game is the main guy in midfield? Never mind Toure is still on one of the highest wages in the BPL But Fernandinho, Silva etc no?

Which team needed more of a rebuild at the start of last season, Chelsea (who came 10th) or Man City?

Aguero is not world class?? So let's understand your thoughts, Kompany is a world class defender but Aguero is not a world class striker? Wonderful

With respect my friend you don't know what you are talking about. In fact you win. All of you
I give up.

Please don't give up... Your analysis is music to the reading eyes.
Epp us continue to show these Guardiola people why their Lord is a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
That pass though.. reminiscent of a similar assist when he combined with Awoniyi in UAE 2013. Very confident touch... DRILLS cheesy cheesy cheesy

TheGoodJoe:

Nice update. Probably not back to full fitness after the holidays. Get well soon Nacho.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
Joebie:
That pass though.. reminiscent of a similar assist when he combined with Awoniyi in UAE 2013. Very confident touch... DRILLS cheesy cheesy cheesy

wow...what position did he play sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Live Leicester City 2-1 Monchengladbach: Vardy double seals win, Iheanacho off injured

Leicester City won their final match of pre-season thanks to a double from Jamie Vardy, but Craig Shakespeare will have concerns ahead of the Premier League opener against Arsenal following injuries to Danny Drinkwater and new man Kelechi Iheanacho.

Vardy struck twice, the second from an Iheanacho assist, after Thorgan Hazard had given Borussia Monchengladbach the lead at the start of the second half.

But Iheanacho's first appearance lasted just 17 minutes as he came off with what looked like a foot injury.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/live-leicester-city-v-monchengladbach-283933.amp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
4-4-2 formation. Iheanacho replaced Okazaki to partner Vardy in the front.

bossto:
wow...what position did he play sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, mhiztalee(m), Cecco90, gloryon(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.