Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11889810 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12506) (12507) (12508) (12509) (12510) (12511) (12512) ... (16275) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
EgusiShankly:

Easy with the hype abeg.

This Amoo fella only looks a better version of Shaqiri - faster and with better dribbling skills.

He's still very raw, and there's alot to be done before he at least stand a chance with the likes of Mbappe

Na wa o, did you watch Shaqiri in his prime?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Subzero47:

Na wa o, did you watch Shaqiri in his prime?

He definitely didn’t watch Shaqiri of FC Basel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
same way you are enjoying your kick and follow football on YouTube with a pop corn hoping for Ghana to appoint your darling daddy to give you some relevance to rant once again tongue tongue grin

You know the funny thing? Three of the team's key players; Ekong, Ndidi and Simon sad it during interview at the AFCON that they weren't given enough freedom to play their game under Rohr..And they definitely thought Eguavon was better.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Shaqiri wasn't called the Alpine Messi for nothing grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

Shaqiri wasn't called the Alpine Messi for nothing grin

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
do4luv14:

I strongly disagree the right person for the TD job is either Seyi Olofinjana or Mike Emenalo

Why I turned down NFF technical director job – Olofinjana

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Seyi Olofinjana, has opened up on why he turned down the country’s national teams technical director role after he was approached by the Nigeria Football Federation.

https://punchng.com/why-i-turned-down-nff-technical-director-job-olofinjana/

You can not give the job to one who does not want it. On a second thought, Amunike should be given the role, due to his exposure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

I went through some of your posts and saw where u were praising the team when they were winning games before and commending the overall improvement of some of them.. Suddenly it's individual brilliance at play...
Fair weather fans like you can't be taken serious..

The fact on ground is that our performance has improved much better under Eguavon than it was under Rohr.. The team showed a lot of promise and can get better...
Rohr was given 5 years! Eguavon was given how long?

I have always said that we have a good squad.
My praises are to the players and not to the coach
I tell you that you will not see any post from me that has praised Eguavoen after our match against Egypt. I saw the starting eleven and the tactical setup against Egypt and hissed and knew that we won't go far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
zuchyblink:
Obituary: Ghen ghen pressing of cursed memory. Aged: 2 weeks tiri days grin grin grin grin

grin lmao grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
Meliforme:

I have always said that we have a good squad.
My praises are to the players and not to the coach
I tell you that you will not see any post from me that has praised Eguavoen after our match against Egypt. I saw the starting eleven and the tactical setup against Egypt and hissed and knew that we won't go far.

Did you also praise the players when Rohr was in charge? Cus obviously a good number of them were playing rubbish at that time...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

You know the funny thing? Three of the team's key players; Ekong, Ndidi and Simon sad it during interview at the AFCON that they weren't given enough freedom to play their game under Rohr..And they definitely thought Eguavon was better.....

I am not a fan of Rohr, I have never been, but this is not true.

Has Simon been attempting dribbles under Rohr? Yes.

Has Ekong been looping the ball under Rohr? Yes

I have not heard Ndidi say those. If he has said those, then i will know what to say about him.

Instead of these guys to thank Rohr for trusting them with starting positions, they are bringing him up for more slaughter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
mostob:
well, I'm not part of the 'you guys' . Gnabry you mentioned almost forced a move. He was just breaking through the first team but his impatience made the club to let him go.
same as Lassana, wenger practically begged him to stay but he said he wanted to leave

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

Did you also praise the players when Rohr was in charge? Cus obviously a good number of them were playing rubbish at that time...

Go through my posts and you will see my praises for Ndidi, Osimhen, Ejuke, Balogun, Awaziem, Iwobi, Iheanacho etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

I went through some of your posts and saw where u were praising the team when they were winning games before and commending the overall improvement of some of them.. Suddenly it's individual brilliance at play...
Fair weather fans like you can't be taken serious..

The fact on ground is that our performance has improved much better under Eguavon than it was under Rohr.. The team showed a lot of promise and can get better...
Rohr was given 5 years! Eguavon was given how long?
no way I’m taking any Eguavoen critic serious. You want to criticize a coach who had two weeks to prepare for a tourney where he was eventually beaten in a game where he played the whole second half with 10 men. No way you’ll even sound reasonable

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Whoever is the new Super Eagles coach must invite these guys to camp and possibly attach national team coaches to their clubsides to help condition and train them. There's a jewel to be unearthed amongst these 4 boys. This Okoye, Uzoho nonsense must be put to a full stop.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Even the Shaqiri of Stoke and Switzerland, Shaqiri was a menace in his prime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
naijaprediction:
MAKE MONEY ON TODAY'S DRAW

� Burkina Faso required penalties to avoid a slightly embarrassing round of 16 exit to Gabon last weekend. Gabon were reduced to 10 men on the hour mark before equalising at the death. Burkina Faso eventually won a very tense shoot-out and will desperately hope to have star man Bertrand Traore available to face Tunisia.

Well, check this out�.

If you stake ₦5000 on Draw...

� NaijaBet will pay you ₦14,000*

�Bet9ja will pay you ₦13,500

Stake and win on www.naijabet.com

Choose the bet platform to win millions!

This is no place for gambling, but will you guys find the right way to do things?
Greed has no regard for people and for rules.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
Barryseal:
Whoever is the new Super Eagles coach must invite these guys to camp and possibly attach national team coaches to their clubsides to help condition and train them. There's a jewel to be unearthed amongst these 4 boys. This Okoye, Uzoho nonsense must be put to a full stop.

You no get chill cheesy

I guess these guys are doing well at the npfl right ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Al Hilal are set to sign former Watford and Man United striker Odion Ighalo. Agreement reached on personal terms, contract until June 2023.. #AlHilal

Final details and the official announcement in place. Ighalo will be Al Hilal replacement for Gomis.

According to Fabrizio Romano..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
jihday:
no way I’m taking any Eguavoen critic serious. You want to criticize a coach who had two weeks to prepare for a tourney where he was eventually beaten in a game where he played the whole second half with 10 men. No way you’ll even sound reasonable

He is dealing with professionals, some of them who might even understand the game more than him.
All that he needs is to introduce his philosophy, instances and variations of it, and then rehearsals.
Except he is a genius, i am still at a loss of the playing style or philosophy that those guys have not had glimpses of, that a week is not enough for them to grasp.

From the matches so far, it appears the coach doesn't know his players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
My reaction to Osibaba being wanted by 3 English clubs. What do u guys think, should he stay or go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa2MsPnNVtI

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Subzero47:

Even the Shaqiri of Stoke and Switzerland, Shaqiri was a menace in his prime
You are right bro...I remember the Stoke days .
Xhakiri + Crouch was the joker .
One particular day, arsenal were winning with 2 goals with about 30 minutes to go, both guys came on and we lost the match 3-2.
Xhakiri na baller ..his small staure makes it difficult for opponents to mark him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
jihday:
same as Lassana, wenger practically begged him to stay but he said he wanted to leave
thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Why I turned down NFF technical director job – Olofinjana

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Seyi Olofinjana, has opened up on why he turned down the country’s national teams technical director role after he was approached by the Nigeria Football Federation.

https://punchng.com/why-i-turned-down-nff-technical-director-job-olofinjana/

You can not give the job to one who does not want it. On a second thought, Amunike should be given the role, due to his exposure.

This your second though no hold water stall stall,
since Seyi is out of it, why not give it to Emenalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
The 2013 U17 squad were IMO the luckiest set so far but most of them failed to live up to expectations.
We were already looking forward to a scintillating super eagles team.
There were times we were looking for a RB but Musa Mohammed was nowhere to be found.
Our GK problem is far from over yet Dele( who we all thought will take over from Enyeama) is clubless.
Yahaya, Akinjide Idowu, Samuel Okon, Savior Godwin, Eze, Alfa.
Success and Awoniyi were expected to lead the line for the SE then.
The 2015 set were better at least.
When is the next group convening please, we need more talents. Enough of this FBs using us to play snooker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Oshoala 27 mins hattrick.

No dey mention that girl name here again, if she like make she score 2mins hat trick sef, no call her name here again,

when she enter to play for naija now, MA to dey do yeye shakara, dey patrol for field, no urgency no contribution, always making the Falcons attack Blunt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
mostob:
Ladies and gentlemen... The original tank is back!
Ghana in trouble grin

seems we had been playing with a counterfeit

welcome back Etebo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
do4luv14:

No dey mention that girl name here again, if she like make she score 2mins hat trick sef, no call her name here again,

when she enter to play for naija now, MA to dey do yeye shakara, dey patrol for field, no urgency no contribution, always making the Falcons attack Blunt
no kind her. She always feel too big when playing for naija. Make she siddon for bench abeg...Kanu, Ajibade and any other player should lead the line abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
do4luv14:

seems we had been playing with a counterfeit

welcome back Etebo
Etebo under Austin gonna be fire grin
All those players wey flop under Rohr are now balling.
Now that Osimehn,Etebo and maybe Dennis would be called up for the Ghana double header, who do you think will be dropped for the three?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
Like father (rorh) like son (zuchyblinks) we don hear go get the gahanian job we will fix the damages you caused in our national team wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
do4luv14:

This your second though no hold water stall stall,
since Seyi is out of it, why not give it to Emenalo

My take is philosophy. Amunike understands a lot about the Spanish philosophy which I admire a lot and he is in depth tactically.

So I think that makes him the ideal candidate for me. The Spanish football system is so comprehensive that having someone who has that idea at the helm of our football will see him proffer ideas that will help our National football in the long run.

Remember, Amunike trained under the Spanish system.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
mostob:
Etebo under Austin gonna be fire grin
All those players wey flop under Rohr are now balling.
Now that Osimehn,Etebo and maybe Dennis would be called up for the Ghana double header, who do you think will be dropped for the three?

Osimhen will start ahead of Awoniyi for sure

If Dennis is available he should play from the right side

Etebo own is 50/50 sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (12506) (12507) (12508) (12509) (12510) (12511) (12512) ... (16275) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kdaddy, lovewins, jihday(m), EEGA and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.